FFXIV Release Date And Details Revealed.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » FFXIV Release Date and Details revealed.
FFXIV Release Date and Details revealed.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Blkninja 2010-06-30 14:50:20  
Can FFXIV still be pushed back?
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-30 14:51:58  
Of course it can. Starcraft II was suppose to have been released Fall of 2007. We saw how well that went...
By Zekko 2010-06-30 14:52:53  
I just realised PS3 users got shafted >.>
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 14:54:15  
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
The way I have always seen it: FFXI has saved me money over time as it kept me something to play over an extended period of time as compared to dishing out $50-60 every time a game that caught my interest came out. This way I scarcely buy new games, and thus makes my wallet a lil more happy.

Also I figure, a night out at the movies is gonna cost you at least $20 for a ticket popcorn for 2-3 hours of entertainment. FFXI gives me a whole month of entertainment for less than that.

You bring up a good point.. I suppose even around $20(US) wouldn't be bad at all... Comparitively. Even going out to eat can cost $12 or more depending on where you go. And for something you get unlimited monthly access for that price really doesn't sound like a bad deal. Also like you mentioned, compared to buying a new $50-60 game a few times a month. I have bought less games since I started playing as well. Not alot less... But still a few less. :)

Also helped my decisiveness in picking a good game from a bad game. If i'm gonna go out of my way to pay an extra 50-60 bucks while I'm already paying a monthly fee for what I play regularly, it better be a damn good game.

Previously I would go on a "oh this looks cool" basis. Big mistake. Most games turn out "eh" than awesome.
[+]
 Leviathan.Veratos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Veratos
By Leviathan.Veratos 2010-06-30 14:55:59  
Alright for those that were confused about currency difference, FFXI costs 8.99 british pounds at the base cost plus 70 pence per mule.
Still no word on the UK cost for FFXIV monthly fees yet so still not looking forward to it being pricey.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-30 14:57:13  
Leviathan.Veratos said:
Alright for those that were confused about currency difference, FFXI costs 8.99 british pounds at the base cost plus 70 pence per mule.
Still no word on the UK cost for FFXIV monthly fees yet so still not looking forward to it being pricey.

it's going to be the same as FFXI is, £8.95 for 1 char with added costs for extras
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-06-30 14:57:15  
I would have about half as many games as I do have if my one friend wasn't a buying/selling games freak of nature >.> he buys and then returns games on a regular basis wasting SOOO much money... I have every game I ever bought since I was 11... (11 years ago) minus 5 or so I sold for Doom3 lol
Zekko said:
Gahhh just got home from work and this is too much information to take in :(
Well don't feel too bad. I'm at work attempting to take it all in! :D

EDIT: <3 pokemon red version for gameboy color. my first game on my 11th birthday
 Phoenix.Elanabelle
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Elanabelle 2010-06-30 14:57:45  
No chance in hell FF14 gets released when they say it will here.

I remember when FF11 was first announced, many years ago. I went and pre-ordered the game at the mall, and even got prepared and bought the HDD attachment for the PS2 (which was also slow in production and delayed significantly before reaching retail stores in the USA).
The PS2 release of FF11 was delayed so many times, and for so long, that I just ended up getting the PC version at some point (I'm glad for that now).
I even moved out of state between the time I pre-ordered FF11 and when I finally gave up and bought the PC version.

Anyways, long story short: S-E's media relations and release date planning are totally screwy, and have been for a long time. Get excited for FF14 when it's actually sitting on the shelf at the store. Until then, expect delay after delay after delay ...
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-06-30 15:01:12  
I do remember when it was going to come out on PS2 for the first time! I had never played an MMO before. And I saw it in my friend's magezine. I wanted to play it sooo badly but I didn't own a PS2. I finally got FFXI when it came out on 360. My friend and I went to the local EB games about a month after the beta ended and it was sold out... So we went and bought it at walmart.
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-30 15:05:15  
I not buying it until 2011 the earliest might just wait till next summer i'm sure all the bugs will be out of it by then and the online guides will probably be accurately updated by then.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-06-30 15:11:06  
That's not too bad waiting til next year. One thing that I'm really glad they did was actually SHOWING your accuracy instead of letting us figure out the math behind it.. That was rediculous. Maybe they will actually tell us how some things work so we won't have to find it out ourselves and make online guides?... Or is that wishful thinking?
By Zekko 2010-06-30 15:12:34  
I'd rather play it when it comes out. It will be more of an explore/adventure experience than just looking up guides a few months later
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-30 15:19:58  
Zekko said:
I'd rather play it when it comes out. It will be more of an explore/adventure experience than just looking up guides a few months later

it can still be an explore thing if you just don't look at the guides.... lol
By Zekko 2010-06-30 15:23:45  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Zekko said:

it can still be an explore thing if you just don't look at the guides.... lol

True but then i'd always be itching to read them haha :p
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-30 15:24:56  
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
That's not too bad waiting til next year. One thing that I'm really glad they did was actually SHOWING your accuracy instead of letting us figure out the math behind it.. That was rediculous. Maybe they will actually tell us how some things work so we won't have to find it out ourselves and make online guides?... Or is that wishful thinking?

A lot of XIV's skill descriptions actually say things like "adds 20% of your DEX to the weapon's damage".
 Phoenix.Katashuro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Sephyrus
By Phoenix.Katashuro 2010-06-30 15:25:08  

That's the item you get with the Collector's Edition.
Omg i so want an Onion Knight helmet! lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-06-30 15:26:38  
i never got the guides.

not a real gamer to me if u need the guide when u buy the game. better to experience the game than following the easy way when it comes out.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-30 15:28:37  
so very true Aly...hell i jump into games without even reading the instructions on what buttons do what..i just figure the ***out as i go lol
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-06-30 15:29:15  
For an MMO though? You guys don't use any guides for FFXI?
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 15:31:39  
Sylph.Rawkhawk said:

To learn how to play? No. To get finer details of what you already know (online), yes.

RTFM + push lots of buttons til I figure it out = my way lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-06-30 15:33:27  
to learn how to play no.

used wiki to see strategy for when we did an event for an NM yes but thats 5 years after ffxi not when u first buy the game.
By Zekko 2010-06-30 15:33:36  
Do want Onion Helmet
 Shiva.Boy
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kike
By Shiva.Boy 2010-06-30 15:35:16  
Sylph.Rawkhawk said:

Unless you consider FFXIcopedia a guide. Honesty, those paperback guides for MMOs are a terrible idea. The games change on such a regular basis they're outdated and a waste of money after a few months.

What did the original FFXI Bradly guide recommend to players? WAR/WHM and to use Great Swords?
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 15:36:46  
Shiva.Boy said:
Sylph.Rawkhawk said:

Unless you consider FFXIcopedia a guide. Honesty, those paperback guides for MMOs are a terrible idea. The games change on such a regular basis they're outdated and a waste of money after a few months.

What did the original FFXI Bradly guide recommend to players? WAR/WHM and to use Great Swords?

Yep, it also recommended BLM sub for summoner. Frankly, an MMO is a learning process. Remember the years when accuracy was everyone's God? Now it has become haste once we learned its true capacity. We learn as we go as a whole community.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-06-30 15:41:00  
Oooo if the skills actually explain what they do? That would be amazing... Instead of a brief generalization of how the skill works and no mention of any hidden effects they have... lol

EDIT: Oh and I didn't mean a real "guide". I meant such as ffxiclopedia.org. The only two sites I have used for this game are ffxiclopedia and ffxiah. Well.. I used to use ffxi-atlas.com but >.> I think that site started getting viruses.

EDIT EDIT: I kind of want that helmet too... Depending on how frugal I'm feeling whenever this comes out, I may or may not get the special addition.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 15:43:55  
It's a shame some good sites went down the shitter due to malware laced advertising. Atlas was nifty, and somepage used to have a really nice search engine for gear. Also ffxigear went under :(
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-06-30 15:45:09  
oohhh... I remember ffxigear! I only went on it once or twice before I forgot the URL! it was amaaaazing.. It actually optimized gear sets for whatever specific stats you were looking for. It was very nice if I remember correctly.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 15:49:49  
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
oohhh... I remember ffxigear! I only went on it once or twice before I forgot the URL! it was amaaaazing.. It actually optimized gear sets for whatever specific stats you were looking for. It was very nice if I remember correctly.

Yeah was a very nice way of looking at base stats and additions from gear in any combination of gear/jobs. Sadly it no longer exists, however, FFXIAH's item set function works pretty well in showing you exactly what is added via gear combinations.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-06-30 15:52:40  
Yeah you just have to put in the gear by hand. Well there is a reason this site has been so successful. The admins put alot of work into it and it works very well. :) My ffxi experience wouldn't have been what it is today without this site.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-06-30 15:58:27  
Did i read someones gonna wait for guides?

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8