Campaign Sham?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Campaign Sham?
Campaign Sham?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Kyne
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kyne
By Lakshmi.Kyne 2010-07-12 10:15:32  
I just got back from a Campaign Battle in Rolanberry Fields against the Vhuud Vanguard. After the message "A Campaign battle has begun", I waited for 30 minutes. Nothing ever showed up, and no message saying that they were approaching came up. The "battle" ended. After I got back to Windy, a message said that the Vhuud Vanaguard had "suffered defeat".

WTF? Am I missing something?

After looking at Bastok's reconnaisance level, it was only 5. So the "approaching" message probably wouldn't have shown up, but still; do people just camp where they come into the zone? There were still tons of people waiting at the outpost, and none of us got a chance to do anything. Is this a problem other people have had?
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-12 10:19:24  
People camp where they pop lol, it is that bad... On Asura atleast, seems to be worse in JP Primetime, the Americans don't seem to care about going all that way as much.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-07-12 10:19:59  
Quote:
do people just camp where they come into the zone?
You just answered your own question.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-12 10:23:13  
There are some small groups of 2-3 that will camp and tank an entire wave where they spawn. I ran across two paladins yesterday that were with a red mage and they had the entire wave about a square on the map from the campaign tower.

Both paladins were rocking -pdt sets. One paladin had the boss and 1 or 2 others on him, and the other paladin had all the rest.

It happens a lot now.
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-12 10:26:41  
I know this will get rated down, but Campaign is *** broken as hell, and needs to be fixed somehow.. I don't have any ideas, but its quite obvious to everyone, including SE, people don't like partying. The numbers in Campaign, doing FoV and anything else solo related shows this... Hell, I wouldn't mind if SE made Campaign mobs *** to even kill again, and we end up fighting in the cities as long as something is done.
[+]
By Raldo 2010-07-12 10:30:44  
Simple fix:

Give everyone under the effect of campaign tags widescan that can see only campaign monsters.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-12 10:32:06  
Raldo said:
Simple fix:

Give everyone under the effect of campaign tags widescan that can see only campaign monsters.

Wouldn't fix ***. Everyone just sits where they first appear.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-12 10:32:11  
Raldo said:
Simple fix:

Good idea, but NPCs are classed as monsters too, so you'd pick all of them up unless SE changed that also, which I can't see happening x.x
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Wouldn't fix ***. Everyone just sits where they first appear.

And this.

Maybe.. Make them spawn close to the fort, within visual range?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-12 10:33:58  
The problem is patronous ring, terror shield, and now the -pdt sword from the magian trials.

It's so easy for paladin to hit the gear cap on -pdt, and couple that with phalanx from /rdm and you have paladins that can tank entire waves of monsters. Especially if they have an extra healer with them.

We got 5 more levels, and the campaign mobs got nothing. We got lots of gear to mitigate damage excessively and the campaign mobs got nothing.

At 99 if nothing is changed, everyone will be soloing an entire wave of campaign mobs.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-07-12 10:42:54  
I think SEs original intention was for people to attack waves before they reached campaign forts but I think this is one of those things SE didnt think through all the way.

On those fairy weapon fight things if you are out of range of the fight you get kicked out and cant get back in. Perhaps SE should do that with campaign forts. You cant go to far away from the fort or else you get kicked out of the fight.
[+]
 Sylph.Bazinga
サーバ: Sylph
user: Failcard
By Sylph.Bazinga 2010-07-12 10:44:19  
What I think they need to do in campaign is make it when you get so far away from the tower you lose your tags or your mog goes back to the fort.

Also they do need to raise the level of mobs it is getting to easy to solo 1 or 2 or 3 mobs at once.

Also not having so many NPC's. You have NPC's that can pretty much solo a whole wave now as it is.

Thats what I think would help.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2010-07-12 10:48:39  
Kujata.Daus said:
but I think this is one of those things SE didnt think through all the way.
SE doesn't think.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-07-12 10:50:26  
Sylph.Bazinga said:
Also they do need to raise the level of mobs it is getting to easy to solo 1 or 2 or 3 mobs at once.

I can easily solo 2-3 campaign mobs with 80 DNC/WAR as long as they aren't BLM type ones. I always used to moan at people hiding the mobs but have found recently that it is the only way to get half decent exp. I don't go a really long way from the fort unless I see everyone else doing that though.
[+]
By Helix 2010-07-12 10:54:04  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
There are some small groups of 2-3 that will camp and tank an entire wave where they spawn. I ran across two paladins yesterday that were with a red mage and they had the entire wave about a square on the map from the campaign tower.

Both paladins were rocking -pdt sets. One paladin had the boss and 1 or 2 others on him, and the other paladin had all the rest.

It happens a lot now.

I saw this for the first time the other day, luckily I had just zoned into Rolanberry (s) and as I headed to get tags, 3 tagged players were going back thru gate. When only the nm showed up at fort, I figged out what had happened. I ran down, jumped into the chaos and still managed to net like 1500 xp in a very short amount of time.

But yeah, with the new uber gear (and don't forget shield collar), campaigns anywhere but glacier and xarc are being overran with "too powerful" players and needs to be fixed somehow. I dont have a clue how to fix and still make it playable for everyone else tho...
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-07-12 11:06:22  
Is there really a problem? The ones getting little to no exp are the ones who just want to be in that huge group that moves from mob to mob.

I used to hate people dragging mobs off but i'll do that now, I guess not drag them halfway across the map but I always try to make sure i'm soloing a mob.

If DDs start showing up on my mob and grab hate, I will disengage and look for a new mob, you got hate so don't whinge about me leaving the mob when i'm entitled to do so, if you die and it comes after me I don't care either.

Perhaps campaign should be revamped, there's no way the current mob levels and numbers can sustain all the people who campaign.

Although how often do your servers control the beastmen strongholds? Think I saw Cerberus own La Vaule once and Throne Room twice since Hades got merged to it, so changing anything could make it harder to take those areas.

As far as i'm aware, the only way to take those areas is to go in and kill the mobs there yourself due to the infrequency of campaign battles and the awkwardness of getting there. Shouldn't we be able to take those areas in campaign battles easier? That's the only change i'd like to see.
[+]
By Helix 2010-07-12 11:07:01  
I take that back. I have read across multiple forums in multiple topics and the most logical fix is the dropped tags if you get out of...say... 1 grid square range.

It would be as if you died, the mob stands there for a second and then turns and hi-tails it back to his buddies...forcing you to have to go back and re-tag and any xp you had previously gained would be lost...just like as if you zoned or warped without an assessment.

This actually seems to have merit as ALOT of people are thinking this way...and this somewhat addresses not only the wanna-be soloers, but also the uber geared small groups hoarding the mobs at zone line

Just a thought
[+]
By Helix 2010-07-12 11:21:57  
Bottom line is, there is alot of places to solo in the past if you wanna solo...go to marshlands, beaudeaux, levaule, oztroja...lots of angry mobs there you can fight

But people wanna grow their e-peens soloing in campaign because of no risk of xp loss... so... just saying "who ya foolin'?"

[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyne
user: Kyne
By Lakshmi.Kyne 2010-07-12 17:02:03  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
We got 5 more levels, and the campaign mobs got nothing. We got lots of gear to mitigate damage excessively and the campaign mobs got nothing.

At 99 if nothing is changed, everyone will be soloing an entire wave of campaign mobs.

Agreed. I saw a guy the other day soloing 5 War Lynxes at the same time. He beat all of them.

Also, Dancer seems to be the most subbed job nowadays. White Mages like me barely have anything to do in Campaign battles, with the dancing heals, and every other mage job having access to high level heals and Raises. The only way I get any decent exp is when there is an Allied army defending. I just cure them, because everyone else's hp is always topped off (unless they're fighting 2 bosses at once or something).
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-07-12 17:54:50  
I haven't campaigned for awhile so I haven't had some of these problems, but there are lots of easy fixes:

Make the mobs spawn at the fort where the defending NPCs spawn.

Make the mobs lose hate after being pulled too far from the fort. Make them not respond to any sort of provoke or claiming move unless they are within a certain range of the fort.

Make them harder and the defending NPCs weaker.

Stop sending 2 or 3 armies of defending NPCs, making people HAVE to pull them away from the NPCs in order to get any xp.

If the mobs are pulled too far away, make them rage, destroy anyone who touches them, and be impossible to kill until they are close enough to the fort again.

I understand pulling mobs a little ways away. It's frustrating to watch all the mobs be killed in moments by several armies of NPCs, or have 15 people eat a mob like a pack of piranhas. No one gets any worthwhile xp like that. But I also hate it when people pull a mob so far away that no one else can find it. It's rude. I wish SE would add a LOT more camps with FoV that are good for soloing or low-man partying. Hopefully Abyssea xp helps out some with leveling, too.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-07-12 18:11:56  
Helix said:
Bottom line is, there is alot of places to solo in the past if you wanna solo...go to marshlands, beaudeaux, levaule, oztroja...lots of angry mobs there you can fight

But people wanna grow their e-peens soloing in campaign because of no risk of xp loss... so... just saying "who ya foolin'?"

Don't be stupid. The way exp/minute is calculated in Campaign makes soloing mobs there far more rewarding that soloing anywhere, plus you get Allied Notes and maintain your rank.

The real bottom line is that at 75, soloing Campaign mobs was easy. At 80, soloing Campaign mobs is easy, but now the dog packs kill theirs much faster, and are that much more annoying to the solo players.

There is nothing I hate more in Campaign than seeing a group of 15 players and 20 mobs, and instead of each person taking their own and everyone getting more exp, they hive mind and obliterate everything within 4 minutes and everyone gets crap.

If anything, players who want to be a in group should be in exp parties, and leave Campaign to the people who are trying to get some actual value out of it, and not whining in shout because they can't get their 900g worth of Union drops fast enough.

A great change to Campaign would be to raise the level of all the mobs, and add higher dmg Shadowwing type AOE moves to EVERY mob type. Then you destroy the leech players, and no one has to pull mobs away for decent xp.
[+]
By Trejan 2010-07-12 18:12:07  
Problem : Too many players trying to kill too
few campaign mobs.

Solution : Expand campaign! Kuzotz, Elshimo and Tavnazia. More battlefields. Also a higher frequency of battles.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-12 18:17:01  
Higher frequency of battles, mobs with more HP, more mobs per wave and less NPCs dispatched.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-12 20:05:14  
ok, people are still complaining about people dragging mobs into the middle of nowhere. please learn how campaign xp works and realize they are doing you a favor.

repost from another thread.

Asura.Majae said:
Reading all of this, people seem to think CB is their own personal playground.

It's outright annoying when people grab mobs and then hide them in some corner halfway across the map. You are wasting other peoples time for your own selfish goals.

I'll wait and see what WoE is all about before I join the QQ train.

99% of the people who QQ about this have no *** clue how campaign XP works

your xp per minute in campaign is capped at a pretty low rate. anyone who isn't an absolute failure at this game can cap xp/min 2-3 times over while they are fighting. the thing is, all the xp over that cap doesn't just disappear. instead, you continue to get that "reserve" XP while you aren't fighting/AFK. if you are getting less than the cap and have xp in "reserve" it makes up the difference. don't belive me? download campaign helper here and see it in action.

that guy dragging the mob a million miles away isn't the selfish one. he's trying to get him and all of you extra XP. the selfish ones are the retards who run around and kill all of the mobs in 30 seconds, cheating everyone out of their overflow XP.

when a mid length campaign battle ends, i'm usually sitting on 1000-1500 seconds of afk XP, and there are people a lot better at campaign than i am.

next time you see someone dragging a mob to the middle of nowhere, don't hunt down his mob, go get a drink and send him a /tell thanking him for the AFK xp.

and if for some reason you DO suck so badly you can't cap xp/min or are low level, nothing is stopping you from cashing in your tags and leaving the battle. don't *** it up for the rest of us.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-07-12 20:50:11  
Trejan said:
Problem : Too many players trying to kill too
few campaign mobs.

Solution : Expand campaign! Kuzotz, Elshimo and Tavnazia. More battlefields. Also a higher frequency of battles.

Yea, except for you gotta think of the backstory and history of vana'diel. Admitted, Tavnazia would work, but Bastok closed the tunnels leading to Kuzotz so that the Antican's couldn't join the fray, and the beastmen hoard never went to Elshimo.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-12 21:09:35  
No one's mentioned the obvious yet.

Make 2-3 battles per zone. Add more forts.

A winner is everyone.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-07-12 21:21:00  
Camp needs fortification (exp)back. everything else won't fix it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Khyal
user: kelman66
By Lakshmi.Khyal 2010-07-12 21:52:37  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Is there really a problem? The ones getting little to no exp are the ones who just want to be in that huge group that moves from mob to mob.

I used to hate people dragging mobs off but i'll do that now, I guess not drag them halfway across the map but I always try to make sure i'm soloing a mob.

If DDs start showing up on my mob and grab hate, I will disengage and look for a new mob, you got hate so don't whinge about me leaving the mob when i'm entitled to do so, if you die and it comes after me I don't care either.

Level 60 players CANT solo mobs in campaign. They HAVE to move in that huge group. I've had jerkoffs like you do this and it really pisses me off.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-12 22:02:20  
Lakshmi.Khyal said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

Level 60 players CANT solo mobs in campaign. They HAVE to move in that huge group. I've had jerkoffs like you do this and it really pisses me off.

[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-12 23:01:50  
Lakshmi.Khyal said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Is there really a problem? The ones getting little to no exp are the ones who just want to be in that huge group that moves from mob to mob. I used to hate people dragging mobs off but i'll do that now, I guess not drag them halfway across the map but I always try to make sure i'm soloing a mob. If DDs start showing up on my mob and grab hate, I will disengage and look for a new mob, you got hate so don't whinge about me leaving the mob when i'm entitled to do so, if you die and it comes after me I don't care either.
Can solo imps 55-65 depending on job. Seriously, Campaign was made, to my understanding, for those jobs that couldn't get exp/meripo to actually be able to get exp and level/merit. If you're one of those jobs that can flag up and get a meripo in under a minute, get the frak out and shut up. If you have to group up on a mob to get your exp... you are seriously, seriouly doing it wrong. Probably could get more exp curing an NPC then what you'd get wacking something and screwing everyone else over.

Another thing, buy RR items and solo anyway. You'll get more EXP holding out and dying than you would grouping up. Proof? I went from 55-80 just from campaign battle, pretty much soloed my own mobs too.

Yes there are now issues due to the level cap. Will it be fixed? Please it's SE, I doubt they will care unless they get spammed with emails.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-07-13 00:00:21  
Fenrir.Luarania said:

Please it's SE, I doubt they will care even if they get spammed with emails.

fixed that for you ~.^
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7