[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-08 08:56:03  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Siren.Agles said:
i just tought id share the respons to the message i sent to the ls leader.

"1. im not your dad. 2. stfu w/ that crybaby bs 3. man up and tell someone who cares. -end. thanks for playing"

fact is, he is a *** leetest ***.

as for the responses about gear and 3rd party stuff. you leetists can take a hike too. because at the end of the day, your all only ever out for youselves.

Reread what you just posted, then make the link on why they treat you like unwanted trash ...
^
i keep giggling about this because it sounds like a compliment
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-08 09:07:09  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Siren.Agles said:

"1. im not your dad. 2. stfu w/ that crybaby bs 3. man up and tell someone who cares. -end. thanks for playing"

as for the responses about gear and 3rd party stuff. you leetists can take a hike too. because at the end of the day, your all only ever out for youselves.

Reread what you just posted, then make the link on why they treat you like unwanted trash ...

So true, so quote-worthy.
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-02-08 09:11:17  
Tbh, I kinda want to see the LS post. :3 Does that make me a bad person?
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-08 09:13:44  
Asura.Alymorel said:
Tbh, I kinda want to see the LS post. :3 Does that make me a bad person?

no, i need an excuse to eat popcorn too!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-08 09:27:56  
How bad is it if your thread turns from you asking for pity, into a player warning about yourself?
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 09:42:58  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
How bad is it if your thread turns from you asking for pity, into a player warning about yourself?
I lol'd. Hard.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-08 09:43:45  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Agles has a piss poor attitude when It comes to interacting with others, from the encounters me and my friends have had with him, I'm not suprised why LS's don't take him seriously, and why he's constantly changing LS.

I can believe this. Why? Well I knew there was a reason the OP's name rang a bell: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/10604/same-old-bs-whole-new-day#608723
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-02-08 09:48:56  
Your first problem is being in a big linkshell that can even form cliques to begin with. With the current state of the game your linkshell should only be big enough to form a single clique of 6-10 people.

Cliques naturally form in large linkshells because people don't like sharing gear. But instead of downsizing the shell, they keep the shell large so that they can use the members that aren't part of the small cliques to get themselves additional gear during "Linkshell" event time.

If you're in a shell big enough to form cliques, just take your clique and break off. You'll be doing yourself a favor anyway. If you're not part of a clique (which in this case it appears everyone in your linkshell hates you), find a new clique and do abyssea with them.

Big linkshells are dead, and pointless.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 09:51:17  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Agles has a piss poor attitude when It comes to interacting with others, from the encounters me and my friends have had with him, I'm not suprised why LS's don't take him seriously, and why he's constantly changing LS.

I can believe this. Why? Well I knew there was a reason the OP's name rang a bell: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/10604/same-old-bs-whole-new-day#608723
Oh god, it just gets lulzier and lulzier
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-08 09:53:00  
Siren.Agles said:

right now, im really wondering. should i stay with these people. i mean, if they always off doing things and unwilling to let me join. then whats the reason for being in this ls?

i been stabbed in the back to many times to count by people pretty much doing the very same stuff.

It probably would be best to seek a new linkshell. In my experience, based on your story, I'd say these folks like you enough to lick the scraps off their official events, but don't like you enough to let you sit at their dinner table.

This could be your problem, but it's probably their problem.
FFXI is FULL of players that have a burning need to feel included, and also full of players that have a pseudo-pathological lack of trust.
Sadly, no matter how well-behaved and helpful you are among the people you described, they'll probably take 6 months or more to really accept you into their "circle", if they ever do at all.
And, frankly, that's just not worth it.

Unless you're a complete moron and a total jackass, there is a linkshell out there for you. The trick is you gotta find the linkshell that is looking for you, not just the linkshell that you are looking for.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-02-08 09:53:19  
You know any time someone posts a warning about an ls in a big public place it raises a red flag for me. Same as any player who will make a big arguement in lschat versus in /tell to a linkshell leader/sack. It tells me this person is very emotional and a possible bomb in your linkshell.

I understand the whole clique mentality some people have posted on here too, I've seen it, and it surely happens. However, not all linkshells are like this, and there are some kind natured linkshell leaders out there not looking out for themselves, the key is you need to find a good linkshell, and two you have to earn the respect of people in the linkshell.

I agree with Ashman, the minute this guy posted, he made a player warning about himself. Sounds to me like the ls doesn't want to kick him for some reason (I rather have someone leave on their own accord than me having to kick them) and are wise enough not to make themselves look like noobs by even addressing this silly post.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-08 09:56:50  
Odin.Blazza said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Now I kinda feel like i got trolled. Oh well, still fun.
By seiri 2011-02-08 09:58:36  
Agles, I'm not going to be overly harsh here but I'm going to be honest.

If you want to be accepted by a LS, any LS, you need to get out of your own ***. You dont know everything, you dont have a right to get pissy at good players simply because you dont put in as much effort as them. You are not gods gift to ffxi or anywhere for that matter.

Kunimatsu's post is about dead on the nail. The social LS in question is fairly large but is, in general, one large clique. Agles was pretty much offered a place in that clique if he was able to socially interact properly with the others. Not only did he fail miserably, he succeeded in pissing off nearly ever single member within that LS, and close to 50 others i can name who interacted with him indirectly through members of that LS.

Pretty much everything thats been said is accurate in its place, but Blazza's post is something you should take to heart. Also, you claim to be a serious DNC, so anything, ANYTHING thsat has Niniaan's approvial is something that you should be reading and reflecting on.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 09:58:41  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Actually, as this thread goes on and on, I'm starting to feel like I wasn't harsh ENOUGH in my first post :D
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-08 10:00:17  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Siren.Agles said:

right now, im really wondering. should i stay with these people. i mean, if they always off doing things and unwilling to let me join. then whats the reason for being in this ls?

i been stabbed in the back to many times to count by people pretty much doing the very same stuff.

It probably would be best to seek a new linkshell. In my experience, based on your story, I'd say these folks like you enough to lick the scraps off their official events, but don't like you enough to let you sit at their dinner table.

This could be your problem, but it's probably their problem.
FFXI is FULL of players that have a burning need to feel included, and also full of players that have a pseudo-pathological lack of trust.
Sadly, no matter how well-behaved and helpful you are among the people you described, they'll probably take 6 months or more to really accept you into their "circle", if they ever do at all.
And, frankly, that's just not worth it.

Unless you're a complete moron and a total jackass, there is a linkshell out there for you. The trick is you gotta find the linkshell that is looking for you, not just the linkshell that you are looking for.
given OP's attitude in this thread, my guess would be that he's not very well-behaved and helpful. which would explain why nobody gives a ***about him.
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2011-02-08 10:01:28  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
1) Grow a pair 2) Drop a shell with people unwilling to help you 3) find a better shell / make a shell / lowman 4) ???? 5) Profit

Don't let Flion of all people call you a pussy. This kid is afraid to drive. <3
welcome back Excellior :)
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-08 10:02:55  
Odin.Blazza said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Actually, as this thread goes on and on, I'm starting to feel like I wasn't harsh ENOUGH in my first post :D

SLIPISPSYCHO'S REAL NAME IS VALEFORE. MIND = BLOWN.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-02-08 10:14:48  
Read the thread someone linked in here. First he tells a story how first day in the linkshell he starts a fight about smn burns. Sorry if its the first day, you probably shouldn't be arguing with the linkshell and causing drama. Then the guy who supports him in the thread, he calls out for leveling to 30 and then taking cooking to 100 first.

I can also probably speculate how this guy asks for help. Hey guys I need xyz armor can someone come to help? Uhhh, I have no idea how to get to the NM, was hoping you guys knew. Please bring potions, meds, etc, no I won't spot you some.

Thanks for the link guys. xD
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2011-02-08 10:24:12  
Siren.Agles said:

To start, what was it you said to your ls leader?

Although you are upset with his/her reaction you should probably sit down, give the whole situation some thought and figure how you can deal with what you can work with so you can create a game environment that you will find enjoyable in your gameplay. I say this because of what you are considering an "elitist" attitude on what your leader told you and other players here mentioning towards your reaction, let me tell you it is not "elitist" at all. LS leaders are by now well seasoned as to how to maintain control of drama or adverse behavior in their linkshell, and believe it or not the most enduring ls communities survive by their leaders being stern and slapping some sense into people. An "elitist" reaction would've been more like getting kicked and told it is because of your poor choice of gear or something that just truly makes no sense.

Another thing, having not been responded to when you were asking what others were doing is not exclusive to you, it happens a lot! And I will agree with others on saying that no they didn't want to invite you. Could be a variety of reasons, maybe the mob was gonna drop seals that you could be interested in and they didn't want to have to split cast lots on too many people, or any of the worse reasons. Either way, the game is what you make of it, if you are expecting that your linkshell will do events around the clock, that wont happen, if you tend to only do stuff in groups, then you'll end up with the aforementioned frustration over and over. Can always suggest your own little event in your ls and see who would want to join, or many other options.

In short, if you let things like that bring you down in game then you most likely wont last much.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-08 10:34:27  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

Judging from this thread, and the old thread by Angles, he/she is someone who expects everything handed to them immediately and then whines when it doesn't happen, but shows no initiative towards helping him/herself getting stuff done.

All I can see, in this thread and the other, are excuses from Angles why he/she "can't" get things done. And yeah, something something about raging against smn burns in a linkshell where the majority apparently did smn burns, and getting kicked over it. You know - people DO have different opinion on things, it IS possible to voice yours in a calm, mature manner without emoraging.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2011-02-08 10:35:10  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Um.. I hadn't read this when I typed my post. Feel really stupid now in trying to give his EMO-shroom some advice.

btw... /wave Tomma.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-08 10:38:00  
Hi Diveine!! Long time no speak, hope you're doing well! :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2011-02-08 10:54:52  
Doing good thank you. Joined Kaz a while ago, still miss the old days. Grats on cooking 100, i'm still .5 away just been lazy at it lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-02-08 10:56:31  
I have had many members like you. Here is my advice.

Stop complaining! You're LS most likely doesn't owe you a goddamn thing. Take initiative! You want to do something in game, then DO IT, shout for it. You are like the people who sit in port shouting "anyone planning to kill any Caturae tonight? <please invite me>". News flash, this game requires effort, and you will never get what you want without it.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-08 10:58:30  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
I have had many members like you. Here is my advice.

Stop complaining! You're LS most likely doesn't owe you a goddamn thing. Take initiative! You want to do something in game, then DO IT, shout for it. You are like the people who sit in port shouting "anyone planning to kill any Caturae tonight? <please invite me>". News flash, this game requires effort, and you will never get what you want without it.
Good point, however, if they don't want to include him, which they aren't in any way shape or form entitled to, they should at least say they're full rather than just straight up ignoring.
 Caitsith.Lyall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-02-08 11:43:30  
I'm not entirely sure there even WAS a linkshell to begin this. Excuse my tinfoil hat but until I see some names, or collaboration from the alleged cliques in general, I'm not buying that our poor little victim here was a victim.

I get this type of player in my shell every couple of months; clueless, seemingly-good natured, and best of all, extremely lazy/wanting hand-outs.

If you don't know how to use your gear, you're not getting anymore. If you don't know how macros work for that gear, you're not getting anymore. Simple: No one deserves a tool if they refuse to learn how to use it.

Players like OP are a plague on this game, but what do I know, I'm just a leetest ***.

Edit: Almost made it through that other thread, but jesus christ. Whining attention *** is whining and an attention ***. Maybe if you weren't such a miserable walking pity-party people'd like you more.
[+]
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-08 12:26:16  
........................After fully reading both threads made by this person i've come to see that this person has little self awareness. As far as she is conserend she does nothing wrong and all these posts should be comforting her and tell her the shell is the bad guy.

To the OP: I heartily suggest you take a long hard look at yourself and how you act around people if you want to have better interations with people in ff11.

To everyone else in this thread: we have done all we can.. it's up to the OP to see her flaws and better herself. We have layed everything she needs to do all out in front of her. Now its up to her to enther use the advice or continue to endlessly jump from linkshell to linkshell wondering what is wrong with "everyone else".
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-02-08 12:34:49  
Bahamut.Drevin said:
Serj said:
Hades.Huevriel said:
I think Serj was replying to your profile picture, Attribute. But yes, Serj, try to be nice to him. Attribute just has bad feelings towards ill-mannered people. He's probably had a negative experience himself.

I just don't like people posing as women to get ahead. I'll try to be more kind, but after the last thread, my patience for Attribute is thin.

On topic, read what Blazza/Das/Kir said. Whining publicly doesn't help, at any rate.

Edited for grammar failure, I'm pretty tired.

GO TAKE MOAR AMBIEN AND TRIP SOME BAWLZ

Ramuh.Attribute said:
Serj said:
Ramuh.Attribute said:
It sounds like you are in the wrong LS. Elitist *** that never reply because you may lot a drop or get a clear and then want to Shin with them. I was in a few LS like this on Bahamut where theres LS events and then "Silent" events where only the leaders and a few others can come. IMO you should leave the LS because this is not fair to you as a players and a devoted member. Stand up for yourself!

Says the ***. Or delusional gender-confused sped child. Pick your choice.

Dumbass.

Att's amazing. no lie. (even though he plays a girl elvaan with a fat ***.)

Its no surprise how much I detest Attribute both ingame and on this forum. He's a tool bag full of fail and bounces from shell to shell till he's eventually kicked. If he could play WITHOUT BOTS I'd have more respect. But then again, I don't play anymore and never will, so meh.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8