フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » like unwanted trash
like unwanted trash
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-08 12:35:01  
Siren.Agles said:
i just tought id share the respons to the message i sent to the ls leader.

"1. im not your dad. 2. stfu w/ that crybaby bs 3. man up and tell someone who cares. -end. thanks for playing"

fact is, he is a *** leetest ***.

as for the responses about gear and 3rd party stuff. you leetists can take a hike too. because at the end of the day, your all only ever out for youselves.

Great attitude there bud. It's a TOTAL mystery why they don't want to do ***with you.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-08 12:36:14  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
1) Grow a pair 2) Drop a shell with people unwilling to help you 3) find a better shell / make a shell / lowman 4) ???? 5) Profit

Don't let Flion of all people call you a pussy. This kid is afraid to drive. <3

You do realise it's an irrational fear like arachnophobia right?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-02-08 12:38:01  
wait flion is afraid to drive? I would be too, crazy British people drive on the wrong side of the road! Right is right when your driving. :)
[+]
By richwood 2011-02-08 12:38:33  
I finally took time to read the full forum after finishing my power point presentation, only took 3 hours O.o, had to do hands out for 25 people also...

All I can say now that I have the fact and the other forum to reference...

FO'SHAME! FO'SHAME!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-02-08 12:40:06  
give me the tl;dr summary richwood. Is op crying a river?
[+]
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-08 12:41:45  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
In short yes. Also the OP has problems interacting with people :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-08 12:43:29  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
wait flion is afraid to drive? I would be too, crazy British people drive on the wrong side of the road! Right is right when your driving. :)

I dunno, I'm not touching a car though I'll probably kill someone.
By richwood 2011-02-08 12:43:54  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

It is like she totally detached her self from any idea of responsibility to her own actions and is complete jaded to any social formalities of interaction.

More so QQQqqqQQQqqqQQQqqq! Yet, exerts no action to change or alter her situation to a beneficial one.

What we tend to call this is apathy or just plain ignorance. All in all, someone needs to help her: not with game but with perception of reality.

K I am done (*^.^*)
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-02-08 12:44:09  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

tl;dr is OP wonders why LS's don't help him out or include him to stuff but he brings it on himself with his lack of social skills or willingness to improve himself in the game.
[+]
By richwood 2011-02-08 12:48:55  
You do it to yourself!
By seiri 2011-02-08 13:02:35  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

tl;dr is OP wonders why LS's don't help him out or include him to stuff but he brings it on himself with his lack of social skills or willingness to improve himself in the game.

If this were it then i could have SOME simpathy for Agles. Rather than simply lacking social skills or self awareness, its almost as though the OP has the intention of actively pissing people off. In short, the OP is indeed crying a river and needs a good slapping.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-08 13:12:54  
Siren.Agles said:
i just tought id share the respons to the message i sent to the ls leader.

"1. im not your dad. 2. stfu w/ that crybaby bs 3. man up and tell someone who cares. -end. thanks for playing"

fact is, he is a *** leetest ***.

as for the responses about gear and 3rd party stuff. you leetists can take a hike too. because at the end of the day, your all only ever out for youselves.

The "leetists" you insulted are good players who took the time to give you good advice. This is what your response says to them:

A proper "Thank you, and I'll take all this into consideration" would have sufficed. What you posted screams of poor manners, and it probably reflects on how you interact with people in-game.

What's done is done, and here's some spur-of-the-moment advice on where to go from here:

1) Drop your Linkshell.

If/when your linkshell sees this thread, they will not take kindly to it. It's also not wise to publicly post only a portion of a private conversation (and at that, likely misquoted/taken out of context) with the linkshell leader. Bridges are on fire. They're past the point of repair. It's time to move on.

2) Examine your Gear/Macros.

There an enormous difference between the poorly geared player and the under-geared player. The poorly gearly player is probably beyond help, and as was mentioned earlier, is a black hole for gear/seals/+2 items that could be better used by others. The under-geared player sensibly uses cheap/easy to obtain gear but is otherwise on the right track. Many "leetists" don't like spending time with clueless, poorly geared players, but generally don't have problems working with (and even helping!) under-geared players. Every single "leetist" started the game under-geared.

Look through some of the posts on the first two pages of the thread (especially Blazza's post on the 3rd page). The RDM gear you have posted on your profile is totally wtf. It's time to do some research and make the effort in building and macroing proper RDM sets. The gear doesn't have to be expensive. It just needs to be sensible. It's OK to be under-geared. It's not OK to throw together totally wtf gearsets if you want to be taken even somewhat-seriously.

By the way, Niniann wrote an excellent DNC guide a few months ago. Check it out! Niniann's guide, posts, and PMs helped me out tremendously in getting my DNC off the ground after I hit the level cap (<3). Some of the gear she mentions is outdated, but that's OK. It'll set you on the right track, and that's what matters. If you sport full Aurore, stop doing that now.

3) Adjust your Attitude

Your attitude is problematic. I hate to say it, but this post, in addition to the thread Tamoa linked (and the resulting commentary), is spot on:

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
How bad is it if your thread turns from you asking for pity, into a player warning about yourself?

FFXI is an MMO, and as such, we all spend a lot of our in-game time on the gear treadmill. The whole point of the game is to work together, play together, and have fun together. Why would any of us want to spend time in-game with someone who's attitude is even worse than their gear?

If you choose to remain committed to your negative, whiny, and entitled attitude, your best option is to unplug and play offline games.
[+]
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-08 13:18:16  
^ Basicly what I posted earlyer but 10x better.
 Shiva.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-02-08 13:24:10  
@OP: I've never been "neglected" or "left out" of any ls i've been with. As stated above you probably have a shitty attitude towards the players/ls mates you come in contact with, And more than likely you dont put out the effort that is expected to earn anything.

Phoenix.Kirana said:
One more tip before I go to bed. If you are playing on Xbox or PS2, I highly recommend switching to PC and getting Windower. Just the extra heads-up information and limitless macro space provided by windower will turn you into a much better player. Playing a job well requires the ability to quickly change gearsets to respond to different situations and to make efficient use of your abilities. This is near impossible to do well while on a console, as it requires you to use 2-3 macros just to complete one action. In my experience, most console players are too lazy or stubborn to do this, and perform poorly because of it.

While i do agree with you about PC players having the advantage/being faster, i believe it all depends on how good the player is. If you honestly care about your performance around others or putting a positive amount of effort into something then something silly like macro space shouldnt phase you. Yes it's more tedious, but all the same, it can be done.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-08 13:27:29  
I play on PS2 and I could easily play on PC, am I a champion?
Of course.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-02-08 13:44:14  
You sat in Jeuno for 3 1/2 hours w8ing for someone to find you something to do? :( You could have gotten woodworking and Alchemy up high enough to make shihei and made a killing stacking tools.

I say don't waste another min. of your game time waiting for people to invite you to things that may not even benefit you (may even make you lose exp). Go ahead and attend the scheduled LS events for the drops you want or w/e but don't beg for them to let you join things...Find something that you enjoy doing focus on that learn how it is done inside and out and build up your own character, your own game personality and your own confidence. You can do it!

Before you know it you will be enjoying the game again in no time. Also when people see you being independent like that they will say hey that person is pretty cool let’s invite them to come along :)

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-08 13:48:20  
Cerberus.Irishlass said:
You sat in Jeuno for 3 1/2 hours w8ing for someone to find you something to do? :( You could have gotten woodworking and Alchemy up high enough to make shihei and made a killing stacking tools.

I say don't waste another min. of your game time waiting for people to invite you to things that may not even benefit you (may even make you lose exp). Go ahead and attend the scheduled LS events for the drops you want or w/e but don't beg for them to let you join things...Find something that you enjoy doing focus on that learn how it is done inside and out and build up your own character, your own game personality and your own confidence. You can do it!

Before you know it you will be enjoying the game again in no time. Also when people see you being independent like that they will say hey that person is pretty cool let’s invite them to come along :)

Social loafing:
Quote:
The Misconception: When you are joined by others in a task, you work harder and get more accomplished.

The Truth: Once part of a group, you tend to put in less effort because you know your work will be pooled together with others’.
more at:

social loafing

People tend to get lazier in groups.

In regards to the OP's situation.
If you aren't already out of the shell, show up one time and ask to join, if they say know just break shell lol
[+]
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2011-02-08 13:52:15  
If you have to ask, then you need a new linkshell.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Albasheq
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Albasheq
By Ragnarok.Albasheq 2011-02-08 14:03:52  
now that you got this off your chest, either shape up if you are slacking, or drop it and look for more "easy going" LS; a social LS perhaps
 Caitsith.Lyall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-02-08 14:09:37  
I'll be that guy.

You could just stop playing. Someone who got kicked from a shell for their own rigid ideology regarding summoner burns of all things is probably too self-righteous or pretentious to play nice in the current game.

Snap judgments, I've got them. You sound like a crybaby.

Edit: And another thing!

You're like the worst kind of child, too: You refuse to listen to anyone who tells you you might be wrong and chalk them up as elitist *** when in fact you have no clue what you're doing. Vana'diel is a better place without you scumming it up and causing drama simply by existing without a spine or a clue.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-08 14:44:44  
Lol that OP hasn't been around for about 70 posts (page 3.) Pretty sure it's being read, though.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-02-08 14:46:33  
seiri said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

If this were it then i could have SOME simpathy for Agles. Rather than simply lacking social skills or self awareness, its almost as though the OP has the intention of actively pissing people off. In short, the OP is indeed crying a river and needs a good slapping.
/Wave.
By seiri 2011-02-08 14:48:17  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Lol that OP hasn't been around for about 70 posts (page 3.) Pretty sure it's being read, though.

Naw, aint u learnt yet? Hes probs run off crying n gonna make a QQ thread about this thread cus none of us took pity on him.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-08 14:49:00  
seiri said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:

Naw, aint u learnt yet? Hes probs run off crying n gonna make a QQ thread about this thread cus none of us took pity on him.

I hope so! Work is really slow today.... :D
 Siren.Demetreos
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-02-08 14:49:43  
seiri said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:

[+]
By seiri 2011-02-08 14:52:18  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
seiri said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:

I hope so! Work is really slow today.... :D

Yus~ aint lol'd so hard for a long time.
By seiri 2011-02-08 14:53:37  
Siren.Demetreos said:
seiri said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:

Sorry i had to just laugh deme
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-02-08 14:58:26  
seiri said:
Sorry i had to just laugh deme
:D
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-08 15:00:18  
seiri said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:

I was picturing them having more of a self-defense mechanism where they are reading this and somehow convincing themselves that they are still right and EVERYONE ELSE is crazy / out ot get them / elitest / {Insert *** self-consoling excuse here}.
By seiri 2011-02-08 15:05:51  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
seiri said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:

I was picturing them having more of a self-defense mechanism where they are reading this and somehow convincing themselves that they are still right and EVERYONE ELSE is crazy / out ot get them / elitest / {Insert *** self-consoling excuse here}.

Just wait a few hours and that excuse will make its way onto a new forum post for us to lol at again.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8