Some things are being strongly considered for adoption by the mod community too. A set of python based scripts can be put into mods as a form of DRM. Once a stolen mod file is loaded, it will pop up in-game saying that it is a stolen mod. Afterwards it can be programmed to either shut down the game or cause one's save to become corrupt over time if the warning is ignored repeatedly. Original mod authors can pack the mods as ba2 files to prevent others from unpacking and modifying them and upload the console DRM versions to conventional mod sharing sites while uploading a non-DRM version to Bethesda.Net
Some things are being strongly considered for adoption by the mod community too. A set of python based scripts can be put into mods as a form of DRM. Once a stolen mod file is loaded, it will pop up in-game saying that it is a stolen mod. Afterwards it can be programmed to either shut down the game or cause one's save to become corrupt over time if the warning is ignored repeatedly. Original mod authors can pack the mods as ba2 files to prevent others from unpacking and modifying them and upload the console DRM versions to conventional mod sharing sites while uploading a non-DRM version to Bethesda.Net
Pardon my ignorance, but is this your post that you linked?
I have to admit I'm exclusively in the "see mod I like, try it, see 1) if it works 2) if I like it in execution" crowd. My ability to adjust and modify content myself is entirely limited to pinpointing which mod is causing me to crash or have problems and then disabling it, crossing my fingers it gets fixed if I like it. Can I ask if there is some manner in which one such as myself can support the betterment of the mod community?
Edit: Also, is there such a problem with console v. PC right now in the mod community? I understand the desire of console players to share in these things, but I would also think if they have any experience with Bethesda games, they'd know that the base (unfortunately-named "vanilla") games themselves often stress consoles to their limits...they must realize mod content is going to be a huge dice roll.
Read the comments, look for reports of theft and dont use/support stolen mods or thieves. Report stolen mods and mod thieves. Not only is the widespread use of stolen mods poisoning the modding community, but it also puts your saves at risk as chances are extremely high that the thief did no optimization or adjustment for console and thus instability such as save corruption and game crashes are likely.
Can also spread the word about stolen mods, what to do if you find one, and the risks of using them.
Can I ask if there is some manner in which one such as myself can support the betterment of the mod community?
Proth may have a better answer than me but you could... ninja'd.
Post a comment on the mod page, usually mod authors I have seen are good to respond if you find an issue, either they or another user will generally help address it. If they don't know there is an issue with particular builds or mod compatibility issues, how can they know to fix it?
Make sure to report stolen content that you see.
If you enjoyed a mod and it is a staple of your gameplay for a long period of time, consider donating a couple bucks to the mod author. These guys are grateful for every dollar they get, and think, if a mod has 20,000+ downloads, if half of those people gave just $1...
Read the comments, look for reports of theft and dont use/support stolen mods or thieves. Report stolen mods and mod thieves. Not only is the widespread use of stolen mods poisoning the modding community, but it also puts your saves at risk as chances are extremely high that the thief did no optimization or adjustment for console and thus instability such as save corruption and game crashes are likely.
Can also spread the word about stolen mods, what to do if you find one, and the risks of using them.
Well, I'm on PC given my negative experiences with Fallout 3 on PS3, but I guess I'm not entirely clear on how to gauge stolen mods. I tend to go minimalist on mods -- bug fixes, hairstyles, increased legendary rate, etc. -- but in branching out I notice nothing extremely suspicious.
I guess for me part of the issue is I stick with the in-game mod menus/etc.; I've always found the Nexus stuff overwhelming when I just want to dive in.
Eh, I dunno. I should probably just try harder to understand it all and get to know it better, but I'm notoriously lazy about things I do in my freetime. >.<
But...yeah. Everything I've picked up so far seems on the up-and-up? But I've not played with a ton of them either.
I tried one of those "have your own house" mods for Skyrim but it didn't work that well but the difficulty/spell/armor/weapon/cloak/graphics mods I have are great
Really appreciate all the work they put into making them
I'm always pretty much on time for appointments.
And I'm also up for improvised ones. Like if someone calls and says "got anything to do tonight? Let's go out" I'm all sure!!
But if we had nothing planned, and you show up and say "be ready in 5 minutes", then I'm telling you to gtfo.
If you wanted me to be ready fast you would have told me in advance, otherwise you wait my *** time.
I tried one of those "have your own house" mods for Skyrim but it didn't work that well but the difficulty/spell/armor/weapon/cloak/graphics mods I have are great
Really appreciate all the work they put into making them
Usually for a serious playthrough with mods, I favor using the Thornrock house mod. Not too shabby of a mod, small quest involved to a rarely traveled to spot in the vanilla game to get the key to it, has the bare essentials and display cases in it.
I'm always pretty much on time for appointments.
And I'm also up for improvised ones. Like if someone calls and says "got anything to do tonight? Let's go out" I'm all sure!!
But if we had nothing planned, and you show up and say "be ready in 5 minutes", then I'm telling you to gtfo.
If you wanted me to be ready fast you would have told me in advance, otherwise you wait my *** time.
My weekend is pretty much, if you don't ask what I am up to by 10PM forget about the next day. When I got to bed I am already making plans for what games I want to play tomorrow.
During the week, now that I'm not serious into any MMOs whatever before like 7.
This is a thread that I found on another website I post at. It can be really really interesting. I thought it deserved a place here.
Post your random thoughts for the day here, or anything else that intrigues you.
For starters, is it possible to give constructive critism to someone who doesn't have a neck? I totally just walked by a girl who didn't. Someone isn't getting a necklace for Valentines day!
And who decided black and white can't be colors? I want to say a racist. I really do.