Education Requirements
Teaching at the community college level generally requires at least a bachelor's degree with additional graduate-level coursework in the area to be taught. Most 2-year colleges prefer to hire teachers who hold at least a master's degree in relevant subject matter, and some look for qualified instructors with doctorates in the appropriate fields.
English
Master’s degree in English, Linguistics, Composition, Rhetoric or Literature OR an undergraduate degree in English with Masters in related field including at least 18 credits in English Literature, Composition, Literary Theory or Writing. Some relevant teaching experience is required. 10/07
Depending upon the degree you're going with, you could probably find a class that offers an internship for that teaching experience.
The 2005-06 AAUP survey shows that the average salary for full-time faculty members at two-year public colleges with ranks is $52,719 compared to $56,902 at public four-year colleges ("Devaluing" 37), with salaries varying regionally from a low average of $45,336 in East South Central states to a high average of $59,061 in the Middle Atlantic states ("Devaluing" 39).
Liels, you could always try after a Master's. Then you could teach at community college and make a ***-ton more than I will out the gate.
I could look into that. It certainly wouldn't hurt my job prospects, so the biggest issue would be whether or not the extra income would make up for the extra cost.
Liels, you could always try after a Master's. Then you could teach at community college and make a ***-ton more than I will out the gate.
Not sure if this is actually the truth, but I'm not sure college would be worth it unless you're getting Masters/Ph.D/etc at this point... If I was just going to college for associate's or bachelor's... who knows if I'd be able to get a job I like, that also pays well.
In all honesty, I'm probably *** regardless, but this is just how I feel atm and it gives me motivation to keep going with my education for now :x
I think that depends about the major you choose. I chose an awful major for an awful reason, (English so I could work in a library) so my job prospects aren't great. But people with different majors have a much easier time. I know an engineer who was offered a job immediately, and a couple nurses who had jobs before they even graduated. Just depends on if your major is in high demand or not.
Yeah, being a student has taught me to bust out references like a mad person. Albeit, when I first posted that statement, I was basing it upon hearsay from around campus, but I got curious if the hearsay was right when it was brought to my attention.
As for your reasoning for getting an English degree, wanting to be a librarian is awesome. I wish it had worked out for you.
I stop keeping up with Gundam news for all of a month and suddenly ERRYTHING is happening! D:
HGUC Zaku II High-Mobility version Shin Matsunaga custom...
Gundam SEED Stargazer blu-ray release...
That new PS3 game is confirmed to allow you to mix and match parts... had the original Gundam's head on the Sinanju's body and legs, with the Strike Freedom's arms and the Gundam Mk II's backpack...
o: Gundams I used to be obessed with it honestly. Then SEED came out and I was like no...no.. nope. No.. no.
Gundam 00 more than made up for SEED. SEED Stargazer was fantastic too, though~
Then AGE went and ruined it again.
Here's hoping the next series is another good one!
But I like Gundam more for the mech designs than the shows, though, really. :3
Gundam Unicorn episode 6 in March~ Banshee gets some new equipment! /dance
This is a thread that I found on another website I post at. It can be really really interesting. I thought it deserved a place here.
Post your random thoughts for the day here, or anything else that intrigues you.
For starters, is it possible to give constructive critism to someone who doesn't have a neck? I totally just walked by a girl who didn't. Someone isn't getting a necklace for Valentines day!
And who decided black and white can't be colors? I want to say a racist. I really do.