Gungnir Gone Wild!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gungnir gone wild!
Gungnir gone wild!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 37
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-03-23 03:13:07  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
also laugh at me as you will, i don't have any WS gear. i sold it all before the level cap went to 80. and i don't intend to buy anything until we're all 99. call me stupid, but it saved me millions of gil. that and DRG isn't my main focus anymore. the fact that i'm WSing in low STR may have change the impact of DA for my Drakesbane, but i definitely don't get the same average in Drakesbane subbing SAM. /WAR my average drakesbane is about 15% better. of course i am outputting quite a few less.
/war will give you better ws numbers per ws but /sam will always give you a better ws total. Which sounds better 3 ws for 1.2k or 2 for 1.4k? (just an example.)
By seiri 2011-03-23 03:13:18  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
another issue is that on my DRG i rarely get to fulltime melee anymore. and when i do, the monster doesn't last long enough for 10% haste to proc. i doubt i swing 10 times in any regular fight.

...haste taking time to proc was a joke....you know this right?
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:13:34  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
another issue is that on my DRG i rarely get to fulltime melee anymore. and when i do, the monster doesn't last long enough for 10% haste to proc. i doubt i swing 10 times in any regular fight.
** i mean proc another WS, i might swing a total of 1 or 2 more times
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-23 03:14:04  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
also laugh at me as you will, i don't have any WS gear. i sold it all before the level cap went to 80. and i don't intend to buy anything until we're all 99. call me stupid, but it saved me millions of gil. that and DRG isn't my main focus anymore. the fact that i'm WSing in low STR may have change the impact of DA for my Drakesbane, but i definitely don't get the same average in Drakesbane subbing SAM. /WAR my average drakesbane is about 15% better. of course i am outputting quite a few less.
Do yourself a player and quit playing drg if you don't have *** gear for it.

Or at least buy a basic WS set...

Edit: Or camp gears, what else u doing with ur time afterall?
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:14:14  
Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
/war will give you better ws numbers per ws but /sam will always give you a better ws total. Which sounds better 3 ws for 1.2k or 2 for 1.4k?
it's not that big of a gap. maybe in a long fight. but not with what i do.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Garru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: legionn
By Quetzalcoatl.Garru 2011-03-23 03:14:42  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Asura.Arkanethered said:
Wafflechan said:

Takes time to proc
You called it

LOL... Still don't get it huh..
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-23 03:16:08  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
/war will give you better ws numbers per ws but /sam will always give you a better ws total. Which sounds better 3 ws for 1.2k or 2 for 1.4k?
if you're not fighting a constant flow of mobs (yes a flow, doesn't matter how long 1 particular mob lives, move to the next one provided there is one at camp), then /sam is still better damage.

Running around between mobs? kk, meditate then. Start your fights w/ sekka ws x2.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:16:09  
seiri said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

my WS gear is mostly perle. i have heca feet, lancer's legs +1, flame gorget, rajas ring. it's not like i don't swap at all. but that's a very small swap in comparison to what i wish i had. that's all i'm saying.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-03-23 03:16:42  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
The length of the fight shouldn't matter. Can you explain a bit more on this point please?
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:17:52  
seiri said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Edit: Or camp gears, what else u doing with ur time afterall?
mostly spend my time lately farming pop items, cruor, and abyssite
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Garru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: legionn
By Quetzalcoatl.Garru 2011-03-23 03:18:05  
Maybe he only fights like one mob each time he logs on? IDK
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-23 03:18:40  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
seiri said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

my WS gear is mostly perle. i have heca feet, lancer's legs +1, flame gorget, rajas ring. it's not like i don't swap at all. but that's a very small swap in comparison to what i wish i had. that's all i'm saying.
Don't play drg. (or step your ***up, but I doubt that's a viable option seeing as you don't know ***about the game)

That's all I'm saying.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:19:23  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
The length of the fight shouldn't matter. Can you explain a bit more on this point please?
because with as i said, it is a whooping 17% increase in WS amount output, but if i don't get in 5-6 more swings than i would have, then i'm not doing an extra WS.
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-23 03:19:47  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
seiri said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Vara helm off khalimari is a massive improvement over perle...and the acc shouldnt be an issue or you're doing it wrong. Just one piss easy piece.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-23 03:20:35  
The majority if GOOD WS gear is Rare/Ex and very easy to get using the AH and lack of gil as an excuse just shows how ignorant you really are.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-23 03:21:45  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
because with as i said, it is a whooping 17% increase in WS amount output, but if i don't get in 5-6 more swings than i would have, then i'm not doing an extra WS.
You still end the fight w/ more tp and over time, when you swap to the next monster it carries over and will still add up to the same ratio (or if it's a long gap between fights, even more towards /sam due to meditate and sekk)
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:24:26  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
seiri said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Don't play drg. (or step your ***up, but I doubt that's a viable option seeing as you don't know ***about the game)

That's all I'm saying.
alright. i'm a little confused. i told you, i sold my WS gear. just because i'm not geared well doesn't mean i don't know what i'm doing. if i had access to more haste, i would sub SAM. if i had more access to WS gear, i'd get it. but i currently don't. i believe in constructive criticism but i haven't told you anything incorrect except the ~23% DA is a 23% increase in overall damage. I think you're overdoing it by saying i don't know ***about the game. i'm trying to explain that from my experience, /WAR has done much better than /SAM. and i'm sitting here pulling out the numbers, the delay increase etc. i'm not trying to fight with anyone against their ideas, that's why i made this post, was for input. but for some reason you just can't accept mine. my /WAR outdamages my /SAM. SORRY I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME. >.>
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-23 03:26:19  
ITT caps lock makes /war better than /drg.

Again if you don't have decent gear for you job, don't play it. How hard is that to understand.

I could outdamage your dragoon on my dancer or pup, hell, probably even my samurai.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:26:22  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
The majority if GOOD WS gear is Rare/Ex and very easy to get using the AH and lack of gil as an excuse just shows how ignorant you really are.
this doesn't make sense. i'm sure it was simply a typo but please elaborate. you cannot buy Rrare/Ex gear on the AH.
[+]
 Unicorn.Drexler
サーバ: Unicorn
user: drexler
By Unicorn.Drexler 2011-03-23 03:26:28  
Wafflechan said:

luv this
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-23 03:27:09  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
my /WAR outdamages my /SAM. SORRY I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME. >.>

No, it does not, you are Eyeballing and being very ignorant.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:27:46  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Again if you don't have decent gear for you job, don't play it. How hard is that to understand.

I could outdamage your dragoon on my dancer or pup, hell, probably even my samurai.
well this thread is about my friend's gear, not mine. which you didn't give much input on. instead you decided to troll my setup, which i didn't even explain until later in the thread
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-23 03:28:07  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
this doesn't make sense. i'm sure it was simply a typo but please elaborate. you cannot buy Rrare/Ex gear on the AH.

It means stop being lazy and go kill NMs for gear, FFXI is not hard. Everything in the game can be duo'd, there is no excuse for not having up to date gear.

ITT: FFXI is hard.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:28:36  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

i mentioned that i parsed this..?
[+]
 Asura.Takinagi
サーバ: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-03-23 03:30:19  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-23 03:30:34  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Parses mean nothing. It comes down to Math, something you obviously have trouble with.

Parsing merely shows the skill level of the individual player, its not going to show you what sub job is better.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-23 03:31:04  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

I'm pretty sure the first thing I said is that parsing doesn't tell you anything but the difference between you and the people you're playing with.

Someone could have played more or less aggressively. You could have played more or less aggressively, etc.

Math > parsing. EVERY TIME.

Parses don't tell you ***when it comes to gear and subjob comparisons. Only how much better or worse you are currently doing than the people you are playing with.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:31:27  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

It means stop being lazy and go kill NMs for gear, FFXI is not hard. Everything in the game can be duo'd, there is no excuse for not having up to date gear.

ITT: FFXI is hard.
i'm not being lazy. DRG hasn't been my focus lately, as i have mentioned. if i wanted WS gear that bad i'd go out and get it, you're right, it's not that hard. right now i'm just getting what i NEED done. until lv99 getting a lot of gear is just a waste of time anyway. i haven't done anything that mattered on my DRG in months. i've soloed, duoed, and partied. i use my other jobs for events. so DRG gear isn't priority.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-23 03:32:54  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

well this thread is about my friend's gear, not mine. which you didn't give much input on. instead you decided to troll my setup, which i didn't even explain until later in the thread
I gave a lot of input on. I educated you/him on a superior sub and even gave him a set up to use and get a *** 5 hit and still keep his precious 26% haste.

Though, you're the last person who should be giving anyone advice in this game. You should just direct him to this thread so he can actually get his advice from a credible source. If I looked at you in game, I probably wouldn't want to take advice from you, either.
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-23 03:33:04  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Parses mean nothing. It comes down to Math, something you obviously have trouble with.

Parsing merely shows the skill level of the individual player, its not going to show you what sub job is better.
So what you're saying is

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Who *** cares what works best for you, jump on the bandwagon and do it like everyone else even though it makes you worse at your job.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 37