Gungnir Gone Wild!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gungnir gone wild!
Gungnir gone wild!
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 35 36 37

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 03:34:07  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
ITT caps lock makes /war better than /drg.

Again if you don't have decent gear for you job, don't play it. How hard is that to understand.

I could outdamage your dragoon on my dancer or pup, hell, probably even my samurai.
i always thought drg/drg was the best thing ever

[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:34:41  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
my /WAR outdamages my /SAM. SORRY I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME. >.>

No, it does not, you are Eyeballing and being very ignorant.
i mentioned that i parsed this..?
I'm pretty sure the first thing I said is that parsing doesn't tell you anything but the difference between you and the people you're playing with.

Someone could have played more or less aggressively. You could have played more or less aggressively, etc.

Math > parsing. EVERY TIME.

Parses don't tell you ***when it comes to gear and subjob comparisons. Only how much better or worse you are currently doing than the people you are playing with.
i don't just randomly parse and say this is better or that's better. i fight the same things over a prolonged period of time. i don't compare parses to other people because there are too many factors to involve that I cannot control. in dynamis, solo, and duo, my /WAR has outparsed.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 03:35:39  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

I'm pretty sure the first thing I said is that parsing doesn't tell you anything but the difference between you and the people you're playing with.

Someone could have played more or less aggressively. You could have played more or less aggressively, etc.

Parses don't tell you ***when it comes to gear and subjob comparisons. Only how much better or worse you are currently doing than the people you are playing with.
i don't just randomly parse and say this is better or that's better. i fight the same things over a prolonged period of time. i don't compare parses to other people because there are too many factors to involve that I cannot control. in dynamis, solo, and duo, my /WAR has outparsed.
excuse me but i have a question, what is 91+321
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-23 03:37:22  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Again, this ammounts to nothing. A parse doesn't tell you the difference between gear/subs, other than things blatantly obvious, such as hitrate w/ vs hitrate w/o a toreador's ring.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:37:53  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

why?
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-23 03:38:23  
Fenrir.Enternius said:

So what you're saying is

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Who *** cares what works best for you, jump on the bandwagon and do it like everyone else even though it makes you worse at your job.

You are an idiot, don't put words in my mouth, /sam has been proven for a VERY long time to be VASTLY supperior to /war.

It comes down to math, just because you THINK you are doing well at something (eyeballing) does not mean you are in the very least.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-23 03:39:20  
Ok, sorry to post a touch off topic. Curious though, how much Stp do you need for a 5hit on a 492 delay polearm? As /sam, of course! Sorry if its been mentioned earlier >.>
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 03:40:26  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

why?
just checking :D
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:40:34  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Honest question, isn't this still hard to control? You'd need to ws/tp at the exact same moments every time, missing or hitting the exact same number each time?

Or am I wrong >.>;
yes there are factors that can't be controlled. like my critical hit rate might be 5% more in one sample than another for no apparent reason. i might be fighting monsters that both con easy prey but are different levels. etc. but over a large amount of parsing and a large sample, i am consistently getting higher overall output /WAR. i don't know why parsing against myself when i WAS leaning towards /SAM only to find out /WAR was better, must absolutely be so wrong no matter what.
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-23 03:42:11  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

So what you're saying is

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Who *** cares what works best for you, jump on the bandwagon and do it like everyone else even though it makes you worse at your job.

You are an idiot, don't put words in my mouth, /sam has been proven for a VERY long time to be VASTLY supperior to /war.

It comes down to math, just because you THINK you are doing well at something (eyeballing) does not mean you are in the very least.

Tbh just read the last 4 pages of trying to hammer math into the OP's head.

Whats more, Tiger and others have posted basic and understandable data as to WHY what they have said is superior. Honestly there should be no reason to keep arguing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Garru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: legionn
By Quetzalcoatl.Garru 2011-03-23 03:42:14  
"must absolutely be so wrong no matter what."

pretty much.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-23 03:42:18  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Honest question, isn't this still hard to control? You'd need to ws/tp at the exact same moments every time, missing or hitting the exact same number each time?

Or am I wrong >.>;
yes there are factors that can't be controlled. like my critical hit rate might be 5% more in one sample than another for no apparent reason. i might be fighting monsters that both con easy prey but are different levels. etc. but over a large amount of parsing and a large sample, i am consistently getting higher overall output /WAR. i don't know why parsing against myself when i WAS leaning towards /SAM only to find out /WAR was better, must absolutely be so wrong no matter what.
So, what is it exactly that you're parsing?
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:43:03  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

why?
just checking :D
i have a home-made haste and STP calculator. i am 100% sure that they're correct. but it only helps so much. i can't compare the differences between X% haste vs X% haste and some Att, etc. and when it comes to #-hit i can quickly calculate how many seconds i'll be WSling before the other etc. i can do math :D
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-03-23 03:43:49  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Ok, sorry to post a touch off topic. Curious though, how much Stp do you need for a 5hit on a 492 delay polearm? As /sam, of course! Sorry if its been mentioned earlier >.>
36 with /sam
Also you might want to download this. It's great for finding in game values.
FFxiCalc
 Unicorn.Drexler
サーバ: Unicorn
user: drexler
By Unicorn.Drexler 2011-03-23 03:44:50  
Seriously though, you should really listen to these folks, they seem to know what they talkin about, and for me personally, I tend to follow their advise. YOu really shouldn't come off on the defensive. Awww ***, I had a crapload more to say but I'm *** drunk as hell right now. long story short, listen to advise, don't fight it
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:45:36  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Or am I wrong >.>;
most of my sampling was done in dynamis-xarcabard, and monitors in abyssea-grauberg since that's where i'm spent a lot of my mindless time.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-23 03:47:58  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Or am I wrong >.>;
most of my sampling was done in dynamis-xarcabard, and monitors in abyssea-grauberg since that's where i'm spent a lot of my mindless time.
no, I mean how are you comparing these parses. Are you timing how long it takes to kill them? You should deal the same damage w/ both subs because aside from overkilling, you should be doing the same damage w/ both subs if you're solo, because you have to take off all its hp either way.
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-23 03:48:23  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

So what you're saying is

Fenrir.Gradd said:

I haven't actually been paying attention to the thread, I only read that parses apparently mean nothing now. Had to refute it, or people might actually start believing it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-23 03:48:50  
Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
36 with /sam Also you might want to download this. It's great for finding in game values. FFxiCalc
Oh awesome ^^ thanks. Gunna work on getting a 5-hit. I Used to never take my pole grip off but with all the DA/TA atmas and junk in abyssea, its somewhat pointless.
By seiri 2011-03-23 03:49:11  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Or am I wrong >.>;
no, I mean how are you comparing these parses. Are you timing how long it takes to kill them? You should deal the same damage w/ both subs because aside from overkilling, you should be doing the same damage w/ both subs if you're solo, because you have to take off all its hp either way.

Assuming he CAN solo a dyna xarc mob.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:49:23  
Unicorn.Drexler said:
Seriously though, you should really listen to these folks, they seem to know what they talkin about, and for me personally, I tend to follow their advise. YOu really shouldn't come off on the defensive. Awww ***, I had a crapload more to say but I'm *** drunk as hell right now. long story short, listen to advise, don't fight it
i understand i'm not trying to fight anyone. i've considered their thoughts and mathematically the numbers add up. i'm simply trying to point out that in the situations that i used /WAR over /SAM it's for good reason.
i often still sub /SAM, however the reason i do goes against their reasoning completely. i sub /WAR when i want to do more damage. i sub /SAM when i want to do good damage and live through it (Seigan). and since Seigan doesn't involve haste from hasso it doesn't serve the same purpose (not that i fulltime seigan either).
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 03:51:34  
seiri said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:

Or am I wrong >.>;

Assuming he CAN solo a dyna xarc mob.
I'm not soloing it >.> i'm not including anyone else's damage. the only differences it would have is that i might be using WS when the mob is at low % and overkill. but solo i'd be doing the same thing on a lower scale. it would be just as bad to WS at low % and get low drakes, as it would to store TP for a hit or 2 that i normally wouldn't. either one would make my numbers askew.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Garru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: legionn
By Quetzalcoatl.Garru 2011-03-23 03:52:27  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Unicorn.Drexler said:
i understand i'm not trying to fight anyone. i've considered their thoughts and mathematically the numbers add up. i'm simply trying to point out that in the situations that i used /WAR over /SAM it's for good reason.
i often still sub /SAM, however the reason i do goes against their reasoning completely. i sub /WAR when i want to do more damage. i sub /SAM when i want to do good damage and live through it (Seigan). and since Seigan doesn't involve haste from hasso it doesn't serve the same purpose (not that i fulltime seigan either).

Jump.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-23 03:52:41  
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

So what you're saying is

Fenrir.Gradd said:

I haven't actually been paying attention to the thread, I only read that parses apparently mean nothing now. Had to refute it, or people might actually start believing it.

Parses mereley show you the skill level of the individual players, they are NOT going to show you the difference in performance of two different sub jobs.

In the end winning a parse comes down to how aggressive you are.

You can be a Well geared but Lazy player, and still lose a parse to a Mediocre geared very agressive player, even tho mathematically the player with the better gear wins on paper. Which is why parses mean absolutley nothing. Also being a main assist for example you have a HUGE advantage over other people in a parse. Parses are skewed and not reliable in the very least.

Suck Less.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-03-23 03:53:15  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
36 with /sam Also you might want to download this. It's great for finding in game values. FFxiCalc
Oh awesome ^^ thanks. Gunna work on getting a 5-hit. I Used to never take my pole grip off but with all the DA/TA atmas and junk in abyssea, its somewhat pointless.
Np btw you might already know this but pole should only be replaced by sword or rose depending on your x-hit. If you can keep your x-hit with a sword it's the best and if you need the stp from rose it's the best. If neither then pole will be the best choice.

Edit'
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

Not that it has any bearing on the current topic but I've been wondering [and someone trying to read up on] a replacement for pole, like brave or claymore depending on abyssea atmas.

Anyone have any insight on which is better in sorta laymans terms, would be cool. ;b

(If in the case rose strap doesn't knock me down an x-build, of course)
Sorry didn't see this till just now but yea that ^ pretty much. xD
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-03-23 03:53:20  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Unicorn.Drexler said:

your still saying your "15% ws dmg increase" is > than 15% ws increase; and yes, there is a difference >o

also wtf @ seigan? hasso or bust.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-03-23 03:54:17  
question is.. if you;ve gone through all that effort to get gungnir and seemingly want to take DRG as a serious job. shouldnt a lot of these questions have been ironed out ages ago?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 35 36 37