フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Annihilator RNG TP sets what and why
Annihilator RNG TP sets what and why
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: josht25
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-09-25 05:29:10  
Looking to see what people are using for their annihilator tp sets for things such as Voidwatch and why.

Now as in voidwatch I think we all know how important it is to not pull hate off the tanks, so with that being said I'm currently using an enmity down build to tp in. With the coronach aftermath of -20 and the gear I use can hit cap of -50 enmity

This is my current set i'm messing around with as RNG/SAM

This set also returns 20 TP per hit.

What are other people using and why?
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-09-25 05:55:55  
Cuz RNG needs -Enmity with Anni D:

Decoy shot*
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-09-25 06:44:43  
Well, if you're going /sam, you might as well aim for a 4 hit build instead of a 5. However, if you want to go /war, your current set is decent. I would definitely use a rancor collar for neck, piplaka belt for waist, possible to use blood gauntlets (augmented) for hands. 7 str rings will do more damage than bellona's/jalzahn's. Definitely do NOT need novia earring.

With decoy shot, it's really pointless to gear for -enmity when you have an annihilator. As long as someone is alive in the alliance, annihilator RNG is basically invincible. I even shoot from behind blms sometimes if tanks are in bad positions :|. They have enmity douse anyway.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-09-25 07:03:10  
Looks a lot like my build. prefer the rng/war 5hit, but sometimes i /drg for vw procs when we dont have a drg and the extra enmity shed is nice. -enmity is nice for tp since I saw myself pulling hate in the longer voidwatch fights. rng's still 91 so haven't had the chance to mess around with the decoy shot yet, so may have to adjust for that.

rng/war 5hit:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/218120

puts me right at 100.2 with my ws set.

ws set:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/212243

if the decoy shot proves to be that useful could switch out to rancor, racc ears. could definitely use the extra racc on some of these VW nms.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-09-25 07:31:35  
Thanks Helei gonna try some of your suggestions. Currently testing out this 4 Hit build for /sam

What you think?
 Bahamut.Ragni
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-09-25 09:18:07  
Quetzalcoatl.Teezy said: »
Thanks Helei gonna try some of your suggestions. Currently testing out this 4 Hit build for /sam

What you think?

I'm using 4 hit build.

My TP Set is:

Str ring is better than Clearview one. Same with Ring. Pyrosoul ring > Bellona. With that hight dmg on weapon u need a lot STR!

My WS set:

Byakko's are augmented with STP (need minimum +3~4 stp). After ws i have 25 TP return. Need 3 shots after WS ^^ Or two if you are lucky with Double Shot !

EDIT:

Annihilator RNG DONT need enmity - lol .

Also

Sylvan Chlamys > Terebellum Mantle
Pyrosoul rng > Bellona's Ring
STR earring > lolNovia/Sylvan

Annd Anwig Salade with str+4 agi +4 wsdmg +2% beats Maat's Cap
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-09-25 09:47:49  
Bahamut.Ragni said:
Str ring is better than Clearview one. Same with Ring. Pyrosoul ring > Bellona. With that hight dmg on weapon u need a lot STR!

Yes, if you're already capping racc, which you should not be vs anything you would actually bring a rng to (ie voidwatch) Extra racc/ratt > ~1-2 fstr2 dmg.

Bahamut.Ragni said:

Annihilator RNG DONT need enmity - lol .

Also

Sylvan Chlamys > Terebellum Mantle
Pyrosoul rng > Bellona's Ring
STR earring > lolNovia/Sylvan

Annd Anwig Salade with str+4 agi +4 wsdmg +2% beats Maat's Cap

Dont need -enmity? Maybe not now with decoy, but before, hell yes. which im sure he was gearing towards. in voidwatch, where rng really shines now, those fights tend be ~20 min. so yea, you'll be capping easily within that time just from shooting/relic procs.

assuming he needs the stp from chlamys or capped ratt (not likely unless hes sporting berserk/chaos/rcb/mins/dia3) terebellum will be doing a lot more. earring depends, if decoy is that good, i'd rather have my racc ears. even with racc food Im not capping on alot of these voidwatch nms.
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-09-25 09:56:45  
About chalmys, its better than terebellum because it have STP on it and extra +6 str~~. (im talking about RNG/SAM and 4 hit build).

About racc i never had problems with it even on T4 VWNMs. I have +77 racc in equip, still i prefer 10 str over 12 racc - also 10 str > 12 ratk.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-09-25 10:11:15  
Bahamut.Ragni said: »
About chalmys, its better than terebellum because it have STP on it and extra +6 str~~. (im talking about RNG/SAM and 4 hit build).

About racc i never had problems with it even on T4 VWNMs. I have +77 racc in equip, still i prefer 10 str over 12 racc - also 10 str > 12 ratk.

Yes, if it's required to achieve the 4hit. Never had problems? lol have you never parsed one? get like ~85% on t4s, even worse on some of the t3s (ie lord asag, tonberry) and the newer vw nms love their evasion too (looking at you poser bennu) unfortunately i haven't done further than the new tier1s so far, so I can't really comment on those but they can't be easier. and well of course 10str>12ratt, but 12ratt/12racc>10str when you actually benefit from it, which you should be unless you got some magical gear/merits/food I don't know about. prefer whatever you like, but the fact is, no way you're capping racc, and that 10 str will not be doing better damage in the long run.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-09-25 10:27:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said: »

Yes, if it's required to achieve the 4hit. Never had problems? lol have you never parsed one? get like ~85% on t4s, even worse on some of the t3s (ie lord asag, tonberry) and the newer vw nms love their evasion too (looking at you poser bennu) unfortunately i haven't done further than the new tier1s so far, so I can't really comment on those but they can't be easier. and well of course 10str>12ratt, but 12ratt/12racc>10str when you actually benefit from it, which you should be unless you got some magical gear/merits/food I don't know about. prefer whatever you like, but the fact is, no way you're capping racc, and that 10 str will not be doing better damage in the long run.

Yes i need the Sylvan back for 4 hit. And I'm with Ely on the bellona's + Clearview combo over a Pyrosoul + STR earring combo. Yes maybe the STR gonna give more per hit, but it ain't helping if your missing.

as far as some of the other factors, i have capped marks mertis and food of choice is RCB

Going to try Pipilaka belt for belt see how it goes though
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-09-25 11:55:21  
Like 12 racc makes u cap ^^ I'll parse today my racc on vw t4.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-09-25 12:14:29  
lol
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-09-25 12:29:33  
I was doing T4 bastok 3 days ago. From eyeballing i almost didnt miss. Somehow I do not want to believe that i need that 12 racc with so big racc from other parts of equip, but we will see!
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-09-25 12:37:44  
If the WS is DEX/AGI based why not WS with Loki's Kaftan? +11 DEX/AGI +7 R.ATK +7 STP
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-09-25 12:40:26  
I don't pretend to know anything about RNG at such high levels, but for LV75 cap, STR as a stat for RNG WSs almost exclusively beat any other stat, no matter what the mod was, provided fSTR2 wasn't capped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-09-25 13:01:24  
I was doing T4 bastok 3 days ago. From eyeballing i almost didnt miss. Somehow I do not want to believe that i need that 12 racc with so big racc from other parts of equip, but we will see!

at 95? Im sure you probably aren't now. you will notice a hard acc drop in some of the new tier1s, which are the only ones i've done so far.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-09-25 16:09:18  
I ask the same as loneshadow but i would say why not use osode as it gives str dex and agi
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-09-25 16:23:32  
Loki's gives R.ATK which can make up for that STR and the extra STP can do well for x-hits
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-09-25 18:55:04  
Asura.Loneshadow said: »
Loki's gives R.ATK which can make up for that STR and the extra STP can do well for x-hits
my tp return is on point without loki's and if fSTR2 isn't capped wouldn't osode produce higher ws dmg numbers?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Minigun
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Minigun 2011-10-26 15:44:34  
so we got any statistic to answer the the above question?

why not osode over sylvan +2 kind of same play with why not maat's cap over aias bonnet

i'm more of a /war so i'm actually replacing volley earring with flame pearl (vulcan is 4m fck that >.>)

but for bellonas and clearview vs str on TP set i think bellonas combo is better for higher tier 4 mobs, will give the lather a try though next time I do some more voidwatch

oh yea, is rancor really that good to be replacing faith torque?
 Odin.Minigun
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Minigun 2011-10-30 19:53:43  
on kaaegen i had noticeable issues with accuracy using the str set for TP and had to use pot-au-feu to solve it.

so probably be better with bellonas and clearview and RCB
 Asura.Dimpson
user: dimpson
By Asura.Dimpson 2011-10-30 20:42:45  
I believe af3 body is better for WS because of the boost it adds to velocity shot. Through testing (minimal) done on BG the boost appears to be an extra 5-10%.

as for sets that I am thinking for best:
tp

ws (haidate need at least 1stp)

barrage

obviously I'm not thinking of acc in these sets but as stated clearview and bellona's would be good alternatives as needed.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [92 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-31 04:46:56  
Just finished up making my gear sets for RNG. Haven't rly played with RNG much so wondering if ppl who have had more experience with Anni could nitpick at it .-.

TP

5/5 Recycle Merits

Barrage

Desultor Tassets: R.att+7 Barrage+1

Coronach

Byakko's: STP+4 AGI+6

Last Stand

S.Kote: STP+4 Crit rate+3
 Lakshmi.Lyonard
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lyonard
By Lakshmi.Lyonard 2012-02-01 03:16:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Just finished up making my gear sets for RNG. Haven't rly played with RNG much so wondering if ppl who have had more experience with Anni could nitpick at it .-.

TP

5/5 Recycle Merits

Barrage

Desultor Tassets: R.att+7 Barrage+1

Coronach

Byakko's: STP+4 AGI+6

Last Stand

S.Kote: STP+4 Crit rate+3

i'm not an anni owner, but i am building one and i alrdy did some math for it..... so personally talking i would say this:

for barrage:

1)terebellum mantle should replace easy the Sylvan Chlamys.. on barrage i prefer to stick ratk over everything.
2)personally i would use the scout belt over the oneiros cest for getting a little of racc, well if ur racc is capped oneiros cest got +2 ratk .... but better being safe i'd say ^^
3)oneiros coif and af 3+2 head are very similiar.... personally i'd use the af 3+2 head for tp phase and barrage... the snapshot is pretty good... expecially when u gotta be fast to proc on vwnm....

for coronach:

i think ur set is good and u don't need any chage.

for last stand:

since the high wsc of last stand instead of the last stand ws i would use:

1) annother agi earring, if they are too expansive u can try to get an altdorf and wilhelm earring, but those have a real bad drop rate ... personally i was like 1/20 and 1/idon'tevenremember.... so up to u... ^^
2)instead of the af 2+2 i would use mirador trouser > ambusher hose... mirador should be a slighty better of ambusher...

about tp phase... i am not sure what u wanna focus on...
u want to be /war or /sam? u aim for a 3 tp hit? do u use spellcast?
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-02-01 13:28:45  
Is snapshot applied like fast cast is applied to spells? I don't see too many Rangers using it in their TP sets and was just wondering.
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-01 14:13:17  
I'm intrigued if it actually behaves differently than Fast Cast... same goes with Rapid Shot.

For Snapshot, you shouldn't determine more than once what's your reduced delay at, and the only logical time, to me, is on precast.
For Rapid Shot, you won't keep rolling the RNG while you are aiming at the monster, that's totally waste of CPU time, and hence, once again, the logical time to do it once is on precast.

Rangers have 2 "sets" of TPing gear, just like mages and their spellcasting gear:
Precast is when all the rapid/snap gear swapped in.
midcast (before the attack is launched) is when all the ratk/str/agi/racc -enmity/stp gear swapped in.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-01 15:56:29  

Your TP set is good. The only difference from mine is I use Impulse Belt, and Hoard Ring instead of Bellona's (I sold it).

I think your Barrage is fantastic.

For Coronach, depending what is on your Anwig, I'd lose the Moepapa and add a Pyrosoul.

Last Stand is very nice, but I'd use STR earrings. I know it's a 100% AGI mod, but STR is still vital for RA.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-01 16:01:35  
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »

Your TP set is good. The only difference from mine is I use Impulse Belt, and Hoard Ring instead of Bellona's (I sold it).

For Coronach, depending what is on your Anwig, I'd lose the Moepapa and add a Pyrosoul.

Last Stand is very nice, but I'd use STR earrings. I know it's a 100% AGI mod, but STR is still vital for RA.

Yeah str is vital, I hear it makes out to be about a 60% mod on ws, but when the agi is 100% mod (85% rrally), I doubt the + what, 4? rattk from using str earrings is going to beat stacking agi.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-01 16:04:42  
Mantle would be a better piece to swap out if anything, 20ratk. Also use /war unless you want awful damage, I see far too many relic rng who don't use /war.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-01 16:07:23  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »

Yeah str is vital, I hear it makes out to be about a 60% mod on ws, but when the agi is 100% mod (85% rrally), I doubt the + what, 4? rattk from using str earrings is going to beat stacking agi.
Well, it would be 22+STR merits if applicable. I don't know, I'm just so conditioned to add STR to everything.
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15