[Dev] DRK - Magic Usage
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-08 15:31:00  
Dark, unholy, whatever, just cast Shame and change job.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-12-08 15:31:06  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
DEMI!!!!

Thats a good one. Or what about Black Hole
By Shirukenu 2011-12-08 15:31:22  
Dark Holy always did make my neck hairs stand on end in FFT number uno.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-08 15:31:22  
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-08 15:32:45  
well played
By Nevill 2011-12-08 15:33:46  
Asura.Dameshi said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
I think it should be Dark Holy instead of just Darkness. :|
Unholy?

Could we get a terror spell too? I think DRK should be able to instill fear into the hearts of their enemies.

Holy Darkness (Batman)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-08 15:34:22  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
well played

Lol, I just kept seeing "dark nuke", "dark elemental damage", "dark based with stat down" and all of a sudden I was like...... wow.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-08 15:36:02  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
well played

Lol, I just kept seeing "dark nuke", "dark elemental damage", "dark based with stat down" and all of a sudden I was like...... wow.

Lol I didn't actually think about impact till now, I barely used it to be honest Didn't impress me that much heh
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-08 15:37:00  
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
DEMI!!!!

Thats a good one. Or what about Black Hole

or both >.> lol but srsly apart from spells i think the 2hour needs an adjustment. if not only stat boost with it.. like haste or delay reduction or w/e it should also work on spells... granted it would only be worth it if we get darkness because really who will use elemagic with drk two hour. and drain already gives u hp >.>.. but i think 2hour should get revamped... also a magic bonus with it would be nice (for improved drains) if not drain giving you double hp while 2hour is active (makes sense to me)

inb4 overpowere drain2.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-08 15:37:28  
well played

Lol I didn't actually think about impact till now, I barely used it to be honest Didn't impress me that much heh
You can say that...

*puts on sunglasses*

it didn't make an impact on you.

Yeeeeeah!!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Hysoka
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Hyso
By Carbuncle.Hysoka 2011-12-08 15:42:08  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
Darkness I & II
Inb4 blm QQ thread(then followed by butthurt scholars).

Maaaan, let them QQ.

Then, army of lazy drk's will QQ on blm threads cause drk dont have Warp.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-08 15:43:45  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
well played

You can say that...

*puts on sunglasses*

it didn't make an impact on you.

Yeeeeeah!!

I take my hat off to ye m'dear!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-12-08 15:47:05  
I personally think the Anti-Holy could be called Scathe or Scathe II

and then their banish-style Dark Magic could be called Demi, Demi II and so on
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-08 15:47:22  
also if we do get these spells... i will rape SE if they give it to pups... automatons arnt drks! they are blm..whm... so dont give them drk only spells!

Edit: also the idea of giving drk dark elemental spells would be nice.. btw what is used for dark elemental skill?
 Phoenix.Ninjie
user: ninjie
By Phoenix.Ninjie 2011-12-08 15:48:51  
Did they nerf Absorb-Tp or does abyssea just suck all around for drk?lol
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-12-08 15:49:43  
also if we do get these spells... i will rape SE if they give it to pups... automatons arnt drks! they are blm..whm... so dont give them drk only spells!
We don't have Holy/Holy II to my knowledge so I don't know why they would give us these anyway. Don't really want something like this anyway. I'll let the idiots on the official forums beg for these kinds of spells.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-08 15:51:27  
Phoenix.Ninjie said: »
Did they nerf Absorb-Tp or does abyssea just suck all around for drk?lol

absorb-tp got nerfed awhile ago... after that it was kinda useless except on elementals... honestly absorbing "right before a mob uses a tp move" 56 tp and they still use their tp move is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... and if they had 200tp then why was i only able to take 56!?!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-08 15:51:29  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
We don't have Holy/Holy II to my knowledge so I don't know why they would give us these anyway. Don't really want something like this anyway. I'll let the idiots on the official forums beg for these kinds of spells.

Lie.... Pups want all the things!
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-12-08 15:53:15  
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

Lie.... Pups want all the things!
/shrug I wanted the new AI changes that's about it. XP

Hell I didn't even NEED the AI changes, I was happy with PUP the way it was. But I'm not gonna deny such a gift. :x
By Creecreelo 2011-12-08 15:53:41  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Please, a trait similar to the one BLM got for elemenal magic.

One would think that a lvl 99 Drk could naturally (gear/SJ aside) cast their dark magic faster than a lvl 1 Drk.

...Just like I wish my Brd could naturally play a tune faster than some lvl 1 Brd counterpart. But no, I will forever have to lug around a crap ton of precast gear... X.x

Even just 10% off these casting times from some JT would be nice... <.>
By Dakotacj 2011-12-08 15:53:45  

Think they're referring to how spiritreaver head gets Absorb TP but really has no call to use it.

On the note of Impact, I WISH DRK could use it more lol, but unfortunately in all the MP+ gear I have on DRK (Including the cloak) my MP stops literally like 20Mp shy of being able to cast it. If I was a taru, I'd be golden.

I totally approve of more DRK nukes, and higher tiers of Occult Acumen would be awesome for stuff that we shouldn't TP on (or for helping with procs etc).
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-12-08 15:57:19  
Disclaimer: I'm bored and not a DRK! :D

DRK's should get something like -ra elemental spells =O

Like how -AGA's became -AJA for BLM, remove drk from all Tier3 nukes and replace them with things like Stonra, Watera, Aera, Fira, Blizzara, Thundara.

With a low'ish MP cost (say 75% cost of a current Tier3 spell, like blizzard3 is 120mp atm, Blizzara could be ~85-90 making it just a little over Tier2 MP cost), reasonable damage (Tier3 on BLM sort of damage), low casting time (2.5~3.5'ish sec) and make them have an additional effect based on the nuke used, as long as you have a suitable Absorb-Spell learned aswell.

For example, let's say the DRK knows:
Absorb-STR
Absorb-DEX
Absorb-TP
Aspir II
Drain II

They then cast Fira -> Aera -> [some dark spell too whynot?!], would get an additional effect of "Absorb-STR" (giving you a STR bonus from casting Fira and reducing the mobs STR). Nothing from casting Aera, because this DRK doesn't have "Absorb-AGI" and maybe "Absorb-TP" or "Aspir II" from whatever Dark-based spell!
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-12-08 15:58:47  
They should let Dark Knight add Dark Magic skill to their other magic skill levels to increase accuracy/potency/damage. Wouldn't it be nice to cast unblockable spells, sort of like how Souleater allows for unblockable melee? Make a cost-benefit JA for reduction of casting time or some ***.
 Carbuncle.Hysoka
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Hyso
By Carbuncle.Hysoka 2011-12-08 15:59:29  
Wait pld's get Raise ! We should get Death !

>.>

<.<
[+]
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-12-08 16:00:31  
Um.... Ultima? DURRRHURRRR
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-08 16:01:57  
Asura.Vyre said: »
They should let Dark Knight add Dark Magic skill to their other magic skill levels to increase accuracy/potency/damage. Wouldn't it be nice to cast unblockable spells, sort of like how Souleater allows for unblockable melee? Make a cost-benefit JA for reduction of casting time or some ***.

Thats what i was thinking. just nix the whole elemental skill on drk and make all their spells dark magic based. i mean they can call it dark blizzard or w/e idc but let drk put their own spin on it. cause lets face it elemental magic on drk is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE no matter what they do. cause spending the SAME mp cost for WAY less dmg isnt fair.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-08 16:02:51  
Carbuncle.Hysoka said: »
Wait pld's get Raise ! We should get Death !

>.>

<.<

resurrect. u raise a player but they become ur slave during the duration on their weakness(they get stronger on par with weakness so its the exact opposite) "charmed status" haha.

Edit: though i think i would sub thf as drk if we got that spell and always souleater TA someone and hope they die so i can resurrect them >.>

Edit again: "Hey phen why are you using a k-club? ur tp feeding this *** the mages cant keep up.. ur gonna wipe us!" "and then have an army of pets!!!!!! muhuhahahaha" "DAMN U SE AND GIVING DRKS RESURRECT!!!!"
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-12-08 16:06:02  
Asura.Vyre said: »

Thats what i was thinking. just nix the whole elemental skill on drk and make all their spells dark magic based. i mean they can call it dark blizzard or w/e idc but let drk put their own spin on it. cause lets face it elemental magic on drk is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE no matter what they do. cause spending the SAME mp cost for WAY less dmg isnt fair.
Nah, just leave all the spells the same, but make it so DRK can make the enemy unable to resist them. A Souleater for spells. Stun the unstunable, Break the , Drain the undead, Absorb no matter what etc. etc.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-08 16:14:45  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
I think it should be Dark Holy instead of just Darkness. :|

Dark holy?
Unholy!

Edit:
Oh wow I was far behind on that one.
Guess I forgot to update the page, but I thought I did ;; lol
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-08 16:16:59  
Both dark holy and unholy sound HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. dark/darkness/herpes all sound better. because i dont want dark banish1-5 or unbanish.... xD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8