フォーラム » FFXI » General » go on strike for salvage dupe victims
go on strike for salvage dupe victims
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Arteus
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2009-05-02 16:36:09  
just an idea but i know a few people who got banned, im suggesting we make a petition to get them back and if it isnt carried through threaten to boycot the game unbtil it is ^^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-02 16:42:50  
Sure boycott the game, stop paying monthly fee, oh wait you're banned <3
[+]
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-05-02 16:43:14  
while we're at it, lets not go to work because my friend went to jail for selling crystal meth
[+]
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-05-02 16:43:33  
I dont think it was right for SE to ban that many ppl.
They couldve caught the people, taken their items that were duped to glitch and said "dont do it again". to give those pllayers fire warnings
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-05-02 16:44:40  
in b4 troll.

i have a few good friends who got B& but your idea, while admirable, most likely will not work. all you're going to accomplish here is people going: "Q.Q they got what they deserved!, good riddance!" or " I'm very jaded about something and I'm going to choose this to be my thing to gripe about today!".

I think SOME were treated too harshly while others weren't treated harshly enough BUT that will not bring my friends back nor will it ban the players who got away (or moved to Valefor). Sadly, tell them to start new characters and learn from their mistakes or find something else to do.
I hear Diablo 3 is coming on nicely.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-02 16:47:44  
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Nah.
[+]
 Unicorn.Sedres
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2009-05-02 16:48:13  
"Victims"?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-02 16:48:14  
lol, good luck with that.
[+]
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-02 16:53:11  
Arteus said:
just an idea but i know a few people who got banned, im suggesting we make a petition to get them back and if it isnt carried through threaten to boycot the game unbtil it is ^^

While I sympathize with the people that got banned because they were just doing what there LS/Run leader told them to do, ultimately they broke a fundamental rule, and those are the consequences of it. Even if those people didn't know what was going on at the outset, seeing one drop turn into three was a pretty good indicator that something fishy was going on, and when they kept there mouth shut and didn't say anything about it they cemented their fate. I'm betting the "whistle-blower" didn't get hit the ban stick...although we'll obviously never know who exactly that was.

Given that S-E's actions in perma-banning those that exploited the situation attests to the fact that the loss in those membership fee's means nothing to them, a "boycott", and loss of some more membership fee's probably isn't going to bother them much either. If you feel strongly about it, do what you will...but don't be surprised if S-E really doesn't care.
[+]
 Cerberus.Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2009-05-02 16:58:02  
well we could at least try a petition, se was harsh on banning people for exploiting a mistake THEY made, thas like me shooting some1 and the person who got shot being sent to jail for gettin in the way of the bullet
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drue
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2009-05-02 17:01:44  
I'm not sure about this >.> if i found a way to cheat I would leave it alone.
 Cerberus.Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2009-05-02 17:02:26  
Mabrook said:
There is actually 3 things wrong with this:

1) There already is a petition out and you can see how it went >here<

2) It's not SE that "wants" our service but rather it is us that want FFXI. They can care less if FFXI died or not, SE is making more than enough money off other ***.

3) SE doesn't care yet again.

if we harass them maybe something will happen
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-02 17:04:09  
Arteus said:
if we harass them maybe something will happen

Something will happen...you'll get banned. To put it another way, S-E has spoken, and FFXI is their house. Their house/their rules.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Drue
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2009-05-02 17:04:45  
Something like shutting the game down. I'm sorry just because some ppl got banned for cheating. Not worth the risk just get over it. (not to be man but honest)
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-02 17:06:22
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Mabrook said:
There is actually 3 things wrong with this:

1) There already is a petition out and you can see how it went >here<

2) It's not SE that "wants" our service but rather it is us that want FFXI. They can care less if FFXI died or not, SE is making more than enough money off other ***.

3) SE doesn't care yet again.

Guess again. You guys really don't understand why SE is releasing new stuff for FFXI and fixing bugs now, huh?
The economy is bad atm so keeping this MMO alive is bringing them some sort of stable income...so saying that SE doesn't give a shi- about something bringing in cash at a time like now? BS if SE see tons of people suddenly drop or complain like hell they will do something about it... you guys are funny sometimes...

a company saying no to money is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE company. Good day

edit: I'm not defending the dupe people im just talking to mabrook =o
 Hades.Jacinda
サーバ: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-02 17:10:38  
I may or may not get flamed for this one, but whatever.

It was stated in another thread somewhere that "rules are rules, break them and you pay." That couldn't be more accurate. If the people cheated and got caught, well, it sucks for them but they made their choice.

If an LS leader or whoever else told them to cheat...so what? They still cheated. These aren't mindless automatons who can't think for themselves and realize that turning one item into many is justifiable. Programming glitch or not, when the players found the issue, they should have reported it. Plain and simple. If the GM's come out and say that it's working as intended, then hooray for them. Otherwise, they broke the rules and had to pay.

I'm sorry that some of you lost your friends in the game. I'm sure that really does affect you. However, your friends also chose to break the rules, and they paid for it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-05-02 17:13:08  
What, nobody's going to say it? You mean I have to...?

Well, okay...

Arteus said:
thas like me shooting some1 and the person who got shot being sent to jail for gettin in the way of the bullet

You are an idiot.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-02 17:13:55  
Thunderz said:
if SE see tons of people suddenly drop or complain like hell they will do something about it

The bulk of the community was happy about it. I'm betting the majority of people that were signing that earlier petition were all either friends of dupers, linkshell members of the dupers shells that never got their duped equipment, or the dupers themselves.

Basically, S-E will never see "tons of people" complain like hell because tons of people won't be complaining. And even if there were, remember when tons of people complained for a windowed mode? That took 5 years. Are the dupers gonna come back in 5 years and pick up their characters if S-E were to reverse the decision in a typical S-E time frame? Doubt it...
[+]
 Cerberus.Toabea
user: Toabea
By Cerberus.Toabea 2009-05-02 17:15:27  
Jacinda said:
"rules are rules, break them and you pay." That couldn't be more accurate. If the people cheated and got caught, well, it sucks for them but they made their choice.

^^ This.

Next time, Read the ToS lol.
[+]
 Hades.Jacinda
サーバ: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-02 17:17:09  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
The bulk of the community was happy about it. I'm betting the majority of people that were signing that earlier petition were all either friends of dupers, linkshell members of the dupers shells that never got their duped equipment, or the dupers themselves.

^ Agreed.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-02 17:18:11  
Arteus said:
well we could at least try a petition, se was harsh on banning people for exploiting a mistake THEY made

Oh man quit using that *** stupid argument. An EXPLOIT by definition is using a hole left by the devs.

Every 8 y/o child playing WoW for 2 weeks know that exploiting a bug/flow/security hole or w/e in a MMO = warning/ban. They all knew they risked a ban. They just miscalculated risks. Rule #1 when you cheat is calculating risk. Because duping Salv ***for a 72hr ban is a good thing... except that SE decided to permban some so they got owned period.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 17:26:59  
Toabea said:
Jacinda said:
"rules are rules, break them and you pay." That couldn't be more accurate. If the people cheated and got caught, well, it sucks for them but they made their choice.

^^ This.

lol at this. The Tos also says you can be banned for no reason. Also a rather decent amount of banned people had no clue what was going on. Theres even stories of people who never got anything and never were actually there when the duping happened cause they were there to buy if theres dropped
[+]
 Cerberus.Maryanne
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-02 17:29:28  
Srsly, go play WoW. :x
[+]
 Cerberus.Toabea
user: Toabea
By Cerberus.Toabea 2009-05-02 17:33:19  
Dasva said:
Toabea said:
Jacinda said:

^^ This.

lol at this. The Tos also says you can be banned for no reason. Also a rather decent amount of banned people had no clue what was going on. Theres even stories of people who never got anything and never were actually there when the duping happened cause they were there to buy if theres dropped

I'm sure everyone thought that getting Byakko's Haidates x3 was totally usual in sky for everyone...Fact is the ToS says if you find a bug and don't report it & continue to exploit if, you will be banned.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-02 17:34:32  

I am able to buy a gun. (legal)

I am able to buy ammo. (legal)

I am able to shot people. (illegal)

2/3 legal. But its still against the law, I am going to jail...

I am able to run a salvage shell. (legal)

I am able to get drops. (legal)

I was able to dupe those drops (illegal)

2/3 legal. But its still against the Tos, I am going to get LM-11 or LM-17...

The standard excuse of 'the devs made it possible so we used it' just doesn't stand up. Every day we are able to the wrong thing, but doesn't give us the right to do it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 17:34:40  
Toabea said:
Dasva said:
Toabea said:
Jacinda said:

^^ This.

I'm sure everyone thought that getting Byakko's Haidates x3 was totally usual in sky for everyone...Fact is the ToS says if you find a bug and don't report it & continue to exploit if, you will be banned.

You had to break allaince people didnt see that!!! And not everyone was even in the pts that got anything!!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8