Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-04 05:56:29  
Spaitin said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Im being serious. Kaja too Op plz nerf

As a owner of CHango r15 and all the fun Great Swords. Kaja axe decimation spam is a decent chunk behind Upheaval and Reso spam at this time. It just is a fun new toy that does almost the same damage. Nerfing Kaja axe will probably just make the average war go back to reso spamming which is more powerful than decimation spam is anyway.

No one is saying it's the absolute best. The fact it can contend with a R15 weapon is the whole point. It's OP in the sense of how good it is versus how easy it is to get and use.

You can cherry pick situations the Axe build falls behind, which is easy in very short zergs where warcry is up the entire time, but take the Axe build into Wave3/not max buff situations and I bet you'll be pretty sad to see where your R15/Great Swords end up.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 05:59:26  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Mean: 22924.2276
StD: 5605.81610525
Min: 0
Max: 36483

Mean: 25353.0898
StD: 6077.77159881
Max: 43038

i did use +2 beads PDL though, i also added 3 WSD from war gifts and 33 DA from traits, gifts and merits. and drk i added 8% WSD from gifts. didn't include any buffs like boost-str or anything.

By beads you mean one bead yes? WAR has no PDL on neck.
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 06:08:58  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
No one is saying it's the absolute best. The fact it can contend with a R15 weapon is the whole point. It's OP in the sense of how good it is versus how easy it is to get and use.

You can cherry pick situations the Axe build falls behind, which is easy in very short zergs where warcry is up the entire time, but take the Axe build into Wave3/not max buff situations and I bet you'll be pretty sad to see where your R15/Great Swords end up.

I have done that. I found that motante+1 on wave three beats kaja axe/sword pretty easily. in low buff? sure axe is good. But chango beats kaja gigantically in low buff simply because of armor break. If you do something fancy like switch to GA and then armor break and switch back. idk what that would be like then. I am not disagreeing with you. My comment is for people who ACTUALY ARE SAYING IT IS ThE BEST OPTION FOR WAR. such as chaostaru and topace. Hence why I quoted them. Honestly, raetic/+1 and motante/+1 are easier to get than kaja. Outside of the wave 3 boss. What isnt a short zerg?
By geigei 2019-03-04 06:27:22  

I have done that. I found that motante+1 on wave three beats kaja axe/sword pretty easily. in low buff? sure axe is good. But chango beats kaja gigantically in low buff simply because of armor break. If you do something fancy like switch to GA and then armor break and switch back. idk what that would be like then. I am not disagreeing with you. My comment is for people who ACTUALY ARE SAYING IT IS ThE BEST OPTION FOR WAR. such as chaostaru and topace. Hence why I quoted them. Honestly, raetic/+1 and motante/+1 are easier to get than kaja. Outside of the wave 3 boss. What isnt a short zerg? Also, why would war be in the unbuffed party on wave three? in a situation where you dont get buffs? idc what the damage is lol. the issue isnt your weapon build, the issue is your party.

Quoting all this AGAIN because apparently is important.
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 06:29:20  
why do you find it important?
By geigei 2019-03-04 06:34:12  
Oh you took it down.
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 06:42:43  
Yeah it was doing some weird stuff with the quote. was trying to fix it. I gave up. think it has something to do with my works firewall.
By geigei 2019-03-04 06:53:27  
For a second made me think i imagine things.
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 06:58:25  
lol sorry for the confusion.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-04 07:07:45  
SimonSes said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Mean: 22924.2276
StD: 5605.81610525
Max: 36483

Mean: 25353.0898
StD: 6077.77159881
Max: 43038

i did use +2 beads PDL though, i also added 3 WSD from war gifts and 33 DA from traits, gifts and merits. and drk i added 8% WSD from gifts. didn't include any buffs like boost-str or anything.

By beads you mean one bead yes? WAR has no PDL on neck.
abyssal beads are plural
By kamishi 2019-03-04 07:27:26  
I just want to say that one of our main WARs tried out the Kaja axe build on dynamis wave 3. On the boss parse he was almost 1k higher dps than when he uses his R15 Chango. I don't have the hard numbers, but it was a pretty large gap.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-04 07:31:50  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Im being serious. Kaja too Op plz nerf

As a owner of CHango r15 and all the fun Great Swords. Kaja axe decimation spam is a decent chunk behind Upheaval and Reso spam at this time. It just is a fun new toy that does almost the same damage. Nerfing Kaja axe will probably just make the average war go back to reso spamming which is more powerful than decimation spam is anyway.

Chango and Montante / Raetic +1 beat Kaja Decimation, though Kaja is at least competitive and we won't be hugely nerfing ourselves by using it. I welcome having a different way to do deal damage so things don't get so boring, it's fun using different builds and weapons to do stuff. Plus didn't SE tell us they planned on these weapons being close but not beating our the super weapons? For once they actually got it right.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 07:39:00  
Decimation axe is really fun. I like having shadows and I like using DW for the first time since rampage spam on war. Depending on what the new upgrade is on these weapons,they are really more situational. Decimation has the advantage of no attack penalty like you get on reso. So without over capped attack. reso is probably beat by decimation spam. It is just a fun new toy to do stuff with. It works really well with the fact that it has different SC properties than reso. But for overall DPS in high buff. Reso>Decimation. DW doesnt TP quite as nicely as GS does.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 08:28:19  
Two things:
1. Ejin MS savage blade set is not optimal. I left a comment under his video. Switching just 2 things should add 4-6k to his SBs

2. Many people claiming Decimation set is worse or better than other options, but very few people provided math or practical evidence. Saevel keep talking about Resolution beating Decimation and R15 Chango beating it even more, but I haven't seen a single proof of that, while the only practical evidence come from kamishi claiming that Decimation build on wave3 boss parse
kamishi said: »
was almost 1k higher dps than when he uses his R15 Chango

I have a very strong believe that 90% of people here are trying to decide which weapon/build are better only with some single random factor like ws frequency, ws damage etc. but none bothered to check the bigger picture and actually put everything together in some calculations or practical tests.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-03-04 08:43:09  
we should all agree to answer all these threads with ‘Gugnir’ then a thousand upvotes, end of thread.

would be awesome
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-04 08:57:02  
I used all three on various NM's this past weekend with super buffs. It's quite easy to get some LS peeps to come HM BRD, Idris GEO's and so forth, then go fight something with decent enough HP to matter. I tweaked sets and experimented with both Kaja Axe and Kaja Polearm, was really interested in the Polearm due to it's surprisingly high numbers. Turns out the natural amounts of MA I get ended up procing extra hits that when combined with the +40% damage buff brought it's numbers above that of Stardiver, but that's a different subject.

R15 Chango > Montante/Raetic > Kaja Axe / Kaja Polearm

Those last two are very target and buff dependent. Decimation gets 0 bonus from TP overflow and WAR, like SAM, is a job with lots of TP overflow. Something worth mentioning is that with Kaja you have a lower attack cap, no attack penalty, an accuracy bonus and no TP scaling. This makes it quite powerful when your not attack and / or accuracy capped. Resolution has a higher attack cap, an attack penalty, no accuracy bonus and crazy TP scaling. It's been known for a long time that Resolution isn't very good whenever your not well past attack cap. Then R15 Chango is just way sexy cause Upheaval has a higher attack cap, no attack penalty, accuracy bonus on first hit and good TP scaling, plus the weapon comes with 500 TP Bonus and 10% increase in total WS damage. And lets not forget subjob differences, /SAM is 15 Store TP while /NIN just gives dualwield and subtle blow. Montante +1 has 11 Store TP, Chango has 10, Kaja has 0 but you can get some on a Digi offhand.

So it's very easy to see different situations where each shines.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-04 08:58:44  
Siren.Mosin said: »
we should all agree to answer all these threads with ‘Gugnir’ then a thousand upvotes, end of thread.

would be awesome

Damn Highwind shows how OP that lance is.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-03-04 08:59:27  
So we can’t refer to it as “Gimpulse Drive” anymore?
 Shiva.Nayomi
Guildwork Premium
user: nayomi423
By Shiva.Nayomi 2019-03-04 09:09:49  
Asura.Saevel said: »
I used all three on various NM's this past weekend with super buffs. It's quite easy to get some LS peeps to come HM BRD, Idris GEO's and so forth, then go fight something with decent enough HP to matter. I tweaked sets and experimented with both Kaja Axe and Kaja Polearm, was really interested in the Polearm due to it's surprisingly high numbers. Turns out the natural amounts of MA I get ended up procing extra hits that when combined with the +40% damage buff brought it's numbers above that of Stardiver, but that's a different subject.

R15 Chango > Montante/Raetic > Kaja Axe / Kaja Polearm

Those last two are very target and buff dependent. Decimation gets 0 bonus from TP overflow and WAR, like SAM, is a job with lots of TP overflow. Something worth mentioning is that with Kaja you have a lower attack cap, no attack penalty, an accuracy bonus and no TP scaling. This makes it quite powerful when your not attack and / or accuracy capped. Resolution has a higher attack cap, an attack penalty, no accuracy bonus and crazy TP scaling. It's been known for a long time that Resolution isn't very good whenever your not well past attack cap. Then R15 Chango is just way sexy cause Upheaval has a higher attack cap, no attack penalty, accuracy bonus on first hit and good TP scaling, plus the weapon comes with 500 TP Bonus and 10% increase in total WS damage. And lets not forget subjob differences, /SAM is 15 Store TP while /NIN just gives dualwield and subtle blow. Montante +1 has 11 Store TP, Chango has 10, Kaja has 0 but you can get some on a Digi offhand.

So it's very easy to see different situations where each shines.

THANK GOD!!! i didn't waist millions of gil for nothing. it does need to be nerfed though especially since theirs another form to come, or REMAs need a upgrade. R25 maybe?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-04 09:19:26  
Shiva.Nayomi said: »
THANK GOD!!! i didn't waist millions of gil for nothing. it does need to be nerfed though especially since theirs another form to come, or REMAs need a upgrade. R25 maybe?

I don't support nerfing it at all, it's nice to finally have an axe option after years of DW not being viable. There is a patter to these updates and I don't see the next one being significantly more powerful, add 5 to each stat, some higher base DMG and maybe raise the MAB a bit on it.

Compare these two for example

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Eletta_Axe

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Kaja_Axe

The MAB went up 3, the Acc went on 5, MDMG didn't change, base DMG went up 10 and skill was raised to 242. So since Decimation +120 already is on it, I don't expect that go up at all and instead just a tweaking of the base stats and a glowy effect and probably skill +269. Maybe "aftermath" but not sure what they would do with that.

And yes I expect SE to raise the REMA caps to R20 and then R25, probably around the same time they introduce more ways to get the upgrade materials.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 09:47:08  
Why won't you just give us hard numbers Saevel? DPS numbers with all options. Not only to show which is better, but also how far they are from each other. I don't believe you don't have parse. All I see is descriptions of factors that should put one build above the other etc. no real evidence at all, while only evidence (a weak one, without any details, but still having some hard numbers) comes from kamishi, claiming DPS was higher with Decimation build.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-04 09:49:54  
I’m not expecting SE to do ***I mean cor has been running around as is for the past two years
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 10:00:15  
Asura.Topace said: »
I’m not expecting SE to do ***I mean cor has been running around as is for the past two years
Are you upset that even easier to get GS are more OP than decimation?
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 10:03:55  
Why won't you just give us hard numbers Saevel? DPS numbers with all options. Not only to show which is better, but also how far they are from each other. I don't believe you don't have parse. All I see is descriptions of factors that should put one build above the other etc. no real evidence at all, while only evidence (a weak one, without any details, but still having some hard numbers) comes from kamishi, claiming DPS was higher with Decimation build.

could you get some definitive posts stating that decimation IS the best?
I get what you are trying to say. But what you are asking is basically for someone to go on wave three dyna D and have the exact same situations and use different weapon builds every time. WOuld take atleast 4 full runs with same exact people. Not really possible. So the only realistic option is to compare parses on same set ups against mobs like neak/yakshi or maybe teles. You are asking for such a broad thing. Kinda strange.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-03-04 10:28:15  
I tweaked sets and experimented with both Kaja Axe and Kaja Polearm, was really interested in the Polearm due to it's surprisingly high numbers. Turns out the natural amounts of MA I get ended up procing extra hits that when combined with the +40% damage buff brought it's numbers above that of Stardiver, but that's a different subject.
Kinda interested in this since Stardiver also favors MA-builds and Impulse drive has a better fTP scaling with TP - which DRG overflows with easily. What were you number likes and how does it compare with Trishula Stardivers? Just want a ballpark, no need to go into the "***'s situational" convo. Thanks!
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 10:44:23  
Shiva.Spynx said: »
I tweaked sets and experimented with both Kaja Axe and Kaja Polearm, was really interested in the Polearm due to it's surprisingly high numbers. Turns out the natural amounts of MA I get ended up procing extra hits that when combined with the +40% damage buff brought it's numbers above that of Stardiver, but that's a different subject.
Kinda interested in this since Stardiver also favors MA-builds and Impulse drive has a better fTP scaling with TP - which DRG overflows with easily. What were you number likes and how does it compare with Trishula Stardivers? Just want a ballpark, no need to go into the "***'s situational" convo. Thanks!

MA proc favors Kaja's Impulse more than Stardiver below 1900 tp.
Also he was talking about impulse drive on War so compariaion with Trishula would be not only between WS and weapons but also jobs. Go to DRG sub forum. There was some discussion about kaja lance on DRG.
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 10:53:47  

could you get some definitive posts stating that decimation IS the best?
I get what you are trying to say. But what you are asking is basically for someone to go on wave three dyna D and have the exact same situations and use different weapon builds every time. WOuld take atleast 4 full runs with same exact people. Not really possible. So the only realistic option is to compare parses on same set ups against mobs like neak/yakshi or maybe teles. You are asking for such a broad thing. Kinda strange.

Im not saying decimation is better. Im simply saying that all I see is repeted arguments why one should be better than the other. Just go make several Neaks like Ejin, use different builds/weapon and show dps with each of them. I would do it myself if i could (i always do it when i can), but i don't have weapons and/or sets required to make such test. I plan to calculate it in sheet, but i dont know of any up to date WAR sheet and im not even sure if the basic one supports dual wielding, so it will probably take time to prepare it and double check for possible errors.
By fonewear 2019-03-04 11:01:54  
I'm calculating warrior right now...*run warrior.exe*...beep beep...

It says that Great Axe is better than regular axe.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-04 11:03:05  
fonewear said: »
I'm calculating warrior right now...*run warrior.exe*...beep beep...

It says that Great Axe is better than regular axe.

Obviously! It says it's great in the name.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8