user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-05 00:41:41  
I did have boost STR.
The set was as posted.
 Asura.Veikur
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-05 00:44:03  
My numbers showed 38-40k, as I was assuming fighters/samurai rolls. So, pretty decently within that range with the 25% damage buff. And 1750+ was specified, because overflow on a DRG is certainly going to happen.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-05 00:46:48  
The argument here maybe, it beats Stardiver AVG for sure in Dyna.
By Afania 2019-03-05 00:48:15  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
The argument here maybe, it beats Stardiver AVG for sure in Dyna.

If you single wield and wait until 2000 tp it's veryyyy slow though.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-05 00:52:22  
DRG is the least worrying job after SAM when it comes to TP Afania!
Especially when mobs get one shotted before they SP.
And for your reference, the last thing I want it’s to trivlize REMA, since I’m working on the last one for my DRG [mythic].
I just had a [what meme is this] moment back there with Kaja.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-03-05 01:00:09  
I have serious doubts about Savage Blade outperforming Trishula and Ryunohige for Wave 3. It just doesn't pass the sniff test.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-05 01:04:22  
Same, not even close.
The intention wasn’t to single wield, I switched out of curiosity.
By SimonSes 2019-03-05 02:36:21  
Asura.Veikur said: »
My numbers showed 38-40k, as I was assuming fighters/samurai rolls. So, pretty decently within that range with the 25% damage buff. And 1750+ was specified, because overflow on a DRG is certainly going to happen.

Please post details of your calculations, because I can't see it at all. I'm getting 36k avg at 2000TP even with 2x DA proc on each SB.
By SimonSes 2019-03-05 03:06:18  
I edited DNC sheet to my needs (added bonuses from gifts, added native DA, lowered DW etc. to simulate WAR) and checked DPS for Kaja axe WAR. I had some problems getting Decimation avg high enough (compared to what I have seen so far in practical tests) so I boosted it a little to get 41100 avg with it.

Total DPS was 7400 with this TP set.

Kaja axe
Reisen axe (+15DMG, +20acc/att, +4%DA)
aammo:Ginsen
head:Flamma +2
neck:WAR neck JSE +2
ear:Suppanomimi
ear:Brutal
body:emicho +1
hands:emicho +1
ring:Flamma
ring:Niqmaddu
back:Cichol's STRDA
belt:Iosekha +1
legs:WAR AF+3
feet:WAR AF+3

acc/att was capped because target was lv96.

I dont think 7400 DPS is OP. BLU Tiz/Thibron is higher, Veret MNK during Impetus is higher and I recall Austar saying something about SAM having above 8000DPS before R15 augments, so sounds like SAM is much higher too. Is it actually close to R15 Chango? I have no idea. I might edit this sheet even more to check it at least in theory.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-05 03:32:56  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »

Please post details of your calculations, because I can't see it at all. I'm getting 36k avg at 2000TP even with 2x DA proc on each SB.
DMG - 473
STR - 368
MND - 217

pDif - 3.905
fTP - 12.8298

MAR - 1.7399
WSD - 1.41
SBD - 1.15

Damage - 38425 36902

A bit lower than my previous mentioned. I HAD been assuming either sub WAR for 10 more DA or NIN/DNC with an off-hand Vampirism or Tanmogayi+1.

Either way, results are plausible given overflow certainly happens on DRG, even with a sword, and warcry existing.
By SimonSes 2019-03-05 04:12:23  
Change pdif to 3.834 (she has +1 not +2 neck in her set) and you will be at ~36k like me.

I was assuming we are already calculating this with more TP then we should. Since we calculating dmg for 2000TP SB and Katriina was claiming SB was used with 1750 AVG. What you are trying to say is that minimum was at 1750 (and that's probably without moonshade) and overflow was happening far above 2000? Then yeah sure I could see it being 50-55k with 25% bonus, but then the real avg wasnt 1750TP but something like 2500TP (with moonshade) which is completely different thing.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-05 07:02:47  
Quote:
Vampirism or Tanmogayi+1

Isn’t Degen+1 and/or Hepa+1 better for offhand?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-05 07:23:55  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
I have serious doubts about Savage Blade outperforming Trishula and Ryunohige for Wave 3. It just doesn't pass the sniff test.

It won't, some people just fixed on seeing big numbers.

WAR has been able to do this for years now, there is a reason fencer builds are not used as DPS builds. The only thing this sword has is SB +15%, not +100% or +50%. Heck if WAR was gonna DW now it won't likely be with a sword anymore.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-05 07:34:34  
That was never the premis of the argument, seriously these weird assumptions about what beats what need to stop, the point was related to [SB AVG DMG] only, and if you want to compare it to [SD AVG DMG], under the same conditions.. SB will win, it should even prove to be more viable to one-shot wave 2 for instance, without the drama of dealing with SP’s.

It’s quite simple actually, no need to hyperbole everything that ever existed.

Edit:
This set when /NIN?
ItemSet 365432
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-05 08:03:43  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
That was never the premis of the argument, seriously these weird assumptions about what beats what need to stop

Except that this is the exact arguement by many of the actors present, that these make REMA's irrelevant.

Just use Suppa + Emicho +1 hands since DRG can wear them. Emicho +1 have DW +6 and Store TP +7, Suppa is DW+5 and some acc while being on a weak slot. Everything else would be typical melee gear.

At 1000TP Savage is kinda weak compared to other options, which is why WAR, who has been able to front a strong sword build for years, doesn't use it. Vorpal Blade is actually better at 1000TP. SB quickly grows to be very powerful at around 2000TP, which is why TP Bonus Gun was so important to SB CORs.

So the real comparison is how long would it take you, on average, to reach 2000TP, how much TP could a Trish DRG get in that time or would they surpass 3K and have to WS soonser? Remember subjobs matter, that's 25 Store TP that's being tossed out. 2H also has a 3.75 pDiff cap while 1H has 3.25 pDiff cap, that difference matters.

We could always talk about 50K Judgments I've done at 3K TP or the SA / Climatic 3K Rudras that THF's and DNC's do.
By Nariont 2019-03-05 08:20:00  
isnt it only 2 people making that claim? At best the claim is that the current weapons do very well for how painless they are to attain, not to mention whatever update brings to them in a week. Which i guess was the intention with these, though i think thad be fine right where they are currently with that.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-05 08:39:47  
Can we just summarize the thread by agreeng that the ambuscade weapons are very powerful (probably too effecient considering they're only stange 4 atm) for the amount of effort required to get them and call it a day? Unless the point of this thread is to try and out epeen one another by posting personal gear sets and weaponskill averages to say "Hey, look what I can do on my awesome DD job (when I'm superbuffed by a scholar and multiple geos and bards) then by all means continue on.
VIP
By Lili 2019-03-05 08:39:57  
Asura.Saevel said: »
WAR has been able to do this for years now, there is a reason fencer builds are not used as DPS builds.

This.

Savage Blade can spike much higher than Upheaval, the latter is normally in the 25-30k range, the former even without Kaja Sword can easily get to 35-40. But the WS frequency of Great Axe (and TP overflow) is just so much higher, then there's the random SCs you get even when spamming.

Kaja weapons closed the gaps with remas indeed (especially the financial one), but they're still not "free", and we need to keep in mind that the target of these weapons are the more casual people that are stuck spamming ambu on easy/very easy, for which it will still take a month or two to get a single weapon to Kaja, at least. Those users are not represented here on forums at all, but they exist and are the majority.

Anyway, situations where sword + shield is king:
- soloing or duoing with not-so-great buffs, assuming you end up tanking. WS frequency then becomes similar to gaxe thanks to retaliation, but you're sturdier because shield.
- caturae in escha, because Requiescat SB SB SB dead.
- Kin. It's the perfect fight for Fencer WAR and it's hilarious how far behind all the HURRDURRRESOLOL wars end up in the parse.
- fights where you do not want SCs to happen and don't have enough buffs to make Resolution worth it. Few, but they're there.
- fights where you get constantly dispelled and the rest of your PT gives up on rebuffing. Without any buff at all Fencer Savage Blade is still really strong, great axe less so.

That's pretty much it.
By fonewear 2019-03-05 09:10:49  
I have no proof to backup this statement...however...RDM/NIN is the greatest DD of all time.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-03-05 09:15:09  
Lili said: »
WAR has been able to do this for years now, there is a reason fencer builds are not used as DPS builds.

This.

Savage Blade can spike much higher than Upheaval, the latter is normally in the 25-30k range, the former even without Kaja Sword can easily get to 35-40. But the WS frequency of Great Axe (and TP overflow) is just so much higher, then there's the random SCs you get even when spamming.

Kaja weapons closed the gaps with remas indeed (especially the financial one), but they're still not "free", and we need to keep in mind that the target of these weapons are the more casual people that are stuck spamming ambu on easy/very easy, for which it will still take a month or two to get a single weapon to Kaja, at least. Those users are not represented here on forums at all, but they exist and are the majority.

- soloing or duoing with not-so-great buffs, assuming you end up tanking. WS frequency then becomes similar to gaxe thanks to retaliation, but you're sturdier because shield.
- Kin. It's the perfect fight for Fencer WAR and it's hilarious how far behind all the HURRDURRRESOLOL wars end up in the parse.
- fights where you do not want SCs to happen and don't have enough buffs to make Resolution worth it. Few, but they're there.
- fights where you get constantly dispelled and the rest of your PT gives up on rebuffing. Without any buff at all Fencer Savage Blade is still really strong, great axe less so.

That's pretty much it.

Fencer build in low buff has a weakness when compared to GA in low buff. GA has armor break. Which in low buff I am assuming attack isnt capped. So 25% defense down is going to be pretty hard to overcome. I would say fencer build is only really feasible for DPS when partying with a dnc for 10% haste samba. But it sure does spike out huge numbers.
By Spaitin 2019-03-05 09:21:09  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Can we just summarize the thread by agreeng that the ambuscade weapons are very powerful (probably too effecient considering they're only stange 4 atm) for the amount of effort required to get them and call it a day? Unless the point of this thread is to try and out epeen one another by posting personal gear sets and weaponskill averages to say "Hey, look what I can do on my awesome DD job (when I'm superbuffed by a scholar and multiple geos and bards) then by all means continue on.
Yea we can agree they are very strong. For war specifically they are not the easiest or best strong weapon to get. motante+1 beats out decimation spam and imo is easier to get. Sarama is just easier to kill. Raetic inside of escha is considerably better and just an AH item.
By Afania 2019-03-05 09:43:25  
Spaitin said: »

This.

That's pretty much it.

Fencer build in low buff has a weakness when compared to GA in low buff. GA has armor break. Which in low buff I am assuming attack isnt capped. So 25% defense down is going to be pretty hard to overcome. I would say fencer build is only really feasible for DPS when partying with a dnc for 10% haste samba. But it sure does spike out huge numbers.

Fencer build doesn't stop war switch weapon to GA, do an armor break then switch back. So armor break is irrelevant imo.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-03-05 09:54:13  
Afania said: »

This.

That's pretty much it.

Fencer build doesn't stop war switch weapon to GA, do an armor break then switch back. So armor break is irrelevant imo.
if you consider the tp loss of switching weapons twice irrelevant.... idk what to say to you. GA doesnt have to swtich weapons where the sword would. It isnt free to switch weapons. you lose your TP. and in low buff upheaval >upheaval with the SC will beat out SB>SB pretty heavy. with KJ > up > up usually ending with 70-80k radiance with just trusts.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-05 10:15:35  
This is why every single stat on these new weapons should have been: MAIN HAND ONLY.
By Spaitin 2019-03-05 10:17:25  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is why every single stat on these new weapons should have been: MAIN HAND ONLY.
i mean, the only significant thing they do (wsd+) IS mainhand only.
VIP
By Lili 2019-03-05 10:27:30  
if you consider the tp loss of switching weapons twice irrelevant.... idk what to say to you. GA doesnt have to swtich weapons where the sword would. It isnt free to switch weapons. you lose your TP. and in low buff upheaval >upheaval with the SC will beat out SB>SB pretty heavy. with KJ > up > up usually ending with 70-80k radiance with just trusts.

KJ > Up > Up will end in Radiance only if you already have AM2 up before starting, or if you used Sekkanoki at 3k TP to open with 1k KJ > 2k Upheaval. Both of those mean that you cannot just repeat 3step Radiance over and over - you're limited by either having to put up AM2 before the SC, or by Sekkanoki recast.
Further, the only target where you will see 70-80k Radiance with just trusts buffs will be Apex mobs, that take added damage from SCs by design. With just trust buffs you won't get those numbers anywhere else.

I agree that the TP loss of changing weapon is not worth the tradeoff of having Armor Break. But the point is that it's not needed: in all the scenarios I listed above the higher spike dmg of Savage Blade more than makes up for the lack of def down, which is only relevant in longer fights, and for those you want to be swinging a great axe in the first place anyway. Unless it's a fight where you want to hold TP at certain times, like Kin, then Breaking then switching weapon becomes feasible again.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

...but it is? The only really omgwtfbbq stat on these weapons is the bonus to the WSs, and those only work mainhand already.
By Afania 2019-03-05 10:44:10  
Afania said: »

This.

That's pretty much it.

Losing 200ish TP for 25% def- in low buff situations every 540 sec....sounds totally worth it. You would do more than enough stronger ws within the def- duration to make up 200 tp lose.

You only lose tp once if you equip GA before engage.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8