Why Dont Lv75 Pld's Sync Down To 55+?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 09:12:32  
once of the many thing thats been eating at me for ages now

i dont see the harm in it
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-22 09:14:16  
Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:

Shield skill-ups. :P

I dunno, I don't sync under 60 on DRK ever (then again pre-guillotine scythe sucks >.>).
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 09:14:48  
Because I guess they prefer campaign
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 09:15:22  
Because they don't want to.

Level sync is very subjective and personal thing, some people will sync to any level for EXP. Some won't go below X level as they don't want to lose X piece of gear gear, a JA, a WS or just don't like the mob you fight at the level.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-22 09:16:08  
I base what level I sync down to off of my skill levels. My PLD is only 52, but it worked the same way on WHM when my skills were lower.

If my sword/shield is capped to 45, I don't want to sync to 45 and below. You get the idea.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 09:16:17  
Asura.Dameshi said:

I dunno, I don't sync under 60 on DRK ever (then again pre-guillotine scythe sucks >.>).

shield thats understandable if it wasn't capped not like u will find a PLDd with shield not capped
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-22 09:17:44  
No Atonement :x
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-02-22 09:18:37  
A good PLD's gear is all at least 72, with the exception of misc things you may macro in. When you sync, as you know everything gets gimped. Hardcore. Homam hands no longer add Haste, and add maybe one Enmity if you're lucky. Ethereal does nothing, nor does Hades'/Loq earring. Cassie...fine. Your gorgets are worthless unless you want to fulltime a Shield Torque depending on level, as well as good luck keeping any good stats on a belt. Valor/Cerb backs as well...

Summed up, a Paladin likes to keep hate. A Paladin does not like having statless gear and gear whose DEF will be at a level 40 rate at level 50. And a good Paladin usually takes criticism about losing hate and being hit by bricks to heart. >_> I personally don't because the sync stats are attrocious and I refuse to lower my standard of badassery with a party sync. :/
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 09:21:23  
Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
A good PLD's gear is all at least 72, with the exception of misc things you may macro in. When you sync, as you know everything gets gimped. Hardcore. Homam hands no longer add Haste, and add maybe one Enmity if you're lucky. Ethereal does nothing, nor does Hades'/Loq earring. Cassie...fine. Your gorgets are worthless unless you want to fulltime a Shield Torque depending on level, as well as good luck keeping any good stats on a belt. Valor/Cerb backs as well...

Summed up, a Paladin likes to keep hate. A Paladin does not like having statless gear and gear whose DEF will be at a level 40 rate at level 50. And a good Paladin usually takes criticism about losing hate and being hit by bricks to heart. >_> I personally don't because the sync stats are attrocious and I refuse to lower my standard of badassery with a party sync. :/

i get what your saying but if your syncing down to 55 no less would that AF1 gear make up for the loss?
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-02-22 09:21:38  
At 75 I'm not wasting my time meriting on my pld in a slow 55 pt when i can hop in a meripo on sam or go merit on blm. Hell even PLD/DNC campaign is more enjoyable than a pt 20 levels below me.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-22 09:23:34  
Some do some don't.

Sadly most don't .-.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-02-22 09:23:47  
Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:

Pretty much what I was gonna say. I will sync my PLD down on occasion for friends, but for the most part I avoid them for the above reasons.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 09:26:36  
Ramuh.Urial said:
At 75 I'm not wasting my time meriting on my pld in a slow 55 pt when i can hop in a meripo on sam or go merit on blm. Hell even PLD/DNC campaign is more enjoyable than a pt 20 levels below me.

most of the pt's im in are super fast but im not saying to merit

my point being is that on Gilgamesh there seem to be a major lack of Paladin's in the Whitegate area and there will be new players trying to seek for pts but end up waiting for hours
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-22 09:29:21  
Asura.Dameshi said:

shield thats understandable if it wasn't capped not like u will find a PLDd with shield not capped
Takes time to cap. If you're dealing with a PLD who's got it capped, they probably have better things to do than sync to 55.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-02-22 09:31:42  
Ramuh.Urial said:

my point being is that on Gilgamesh there seem to be a major lack of Paladin's in the Whitegate area and there will be new players trying to seek for pts but end up waiting for hours

So we should feel obligated to go back and practically re-level a job we already leveled once just so you can get an EXP pt? Why don't you go level pld?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 09:34:49  
Don't see why ppl keep bringing up skill caps. The thread is asking about 75 plds that won't sync down, not plds that are are 60 syncing down to a 37 pt.

If you're 75 and your skills aren't capped, campaign isn't going to do it and I KNOW you're not going to try to get a merit pt to do so, so yea. What does skill caps have to do with an already 75 pld not taking a lv sync pt?
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-02-22 09:35:07  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I think you offended Urial
I think it's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE topic that he almost expects plds to sync down.
[+]
 Diabolos.Rydiya
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-02-22 09:36:04  

For the same reason Red Mages, Samurais, and Bards don't. Gtfo with your dumb question please.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 09:37:46  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Asura.Dameshi said:

Takes time to cap. If you're dealing with a PLD who's got it capped, they probably have better things to do than sync to 55.

since i leveled Blu to 75 i capped sword as far as i could good thing for that but now that im leveling Pld its not much of a prob to me knowing il cap Shield b4 the party ends

Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

So we should feel obligated to go back and practically re-level a job we already leveled once just so you can get an EXP pt? Why don't you go level pld?

im a Pld so it dont really effect me but if your a level 75 PLD sitting in Whitegate with nothing to do ***why not sync down

Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I think you offended Urial
I think it's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE topic that he almost expects plds to sync down.

as i said i dont see why nor the harm in it nor did i say yout obligated to do so
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-02-22 09:38:53  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
At least ET understood the question and gave the best answer.

/endthread?
I like how the wait what level you pld is talking about why plds wont sync. Et's reason was viable but in the end I don't think it's the main reason. It's the simple fact that plds don't want to go out and grind exp like that on pld. They did it for 75 levels.
[+]
 Fenrir.Vacian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-02-22 09:40:30  
Even before my THF was 75 I refused to sync below 60, my main concern was not having assassin or Dancing Edge. Assassin makes things so much easier and Dancing edge is way more badass than viper bite. I'm sure most jobs feel the same way. Although I have noticed a disturbing trend with a number of people in the 50s 60s syncing to 20ish and leveling in qufim >< I know one of the people doing it and my only guess is that he is to shitty of a player to handle a bird party
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 09:43:05  
I do w/e gets me the fastest exp. I stay on 37 birds as long as I can then ride 55 birds to 75
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 09:46:19  
i loled at what Vacian said

it seems most of you seem to get offensive when it came to my question or want to see things through other players point of view

i for once wouldn't mind syncing down my Lv75 Paladin [once i get it there] just to help others

most people have good there reasons not to sync down a few level but some dont
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I do w/e gets me the fastest exp. I stay on 37 birds as long as I can then ride 55 birds to 75

so you skip the imp's?
 Bahamut.Satanas
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-02-22 09:48:03  
Ramuh.Urial said:

basically this, and if you prefer pld's as a tank thats your thing, you should try looking for nin's too if there are no pld's available and possibly a thf to help him with hate so DD's dont have to hold back as much (in my opinion).
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-02-22 09:48:56  
i loled at what Vacian said

it seems most of you seem to get offensive when it came to my question or want to see things through other players point of view

i for once wouldn't mind syncing down my Lv75 Paladin [once i get it there] just to help others

most people have good there reasons not to sync down a few level but some dont
I for one think tanking a pt on pld is boring. It's nothing like what you do in 90% of events on pld the onlyone that is practically the same is Dynamis and having tanked in Dynamis for a year straight the last thing on earth i'd imagine doing would be take a 2-3hr sync party doing the same crap.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 09:50:03  
Quote:
so you skip the imp's?

Birds are better than imps. Yea, I skip them. And 99% of the time, unless there's someone I know personally making a pt who invites me, I make my own pts anyways, so I always find someone birds lv to sync to.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-02-22 09:51:20  
so you skip the imp's?
I skipped 'em every chance I got. When you've got people spamming Penta Thrust/Sidewinder/Guillotine/etc. and you're constantly lacking Flash and/or Provoke due to Tantaras, it gets kind of irritating and you start to question why you're even there in the first place.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6