Would You Steal A ZNM?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Would you steal a ZNM?
Would you steal a ZNM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-04-05 22:39:44  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Trebold said:

Cool story bro.

Am I the only one getting tired of that?
Nope.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-05 22:42:33  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Trebold said:
Cool story bro.
Nope.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-05 22:44:14  
Wiping isn't stealing.

Declaiming while kiting is stealing.

Yellow -> Claim because disengage to prevent TP gain is stealing (But equal parts stupid because you can just turn around)

Real Life analogy.

If I saw a dead body with 100 bucks on it, I'd take it.

If I saw someone drop 100 dollar bill accidentally, I'd call them over and give it back (And I have).

If someone overpaid by 50 bucks, I'd call him a retard and give him the difference back.

Courtesy starts with 1 person not being a total flaming cocksneeze in a situation that really didn't call for it.
[+]
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-04-05 22:54:03  
With a ZNM the popper worked hard to get the points for the pop item. As someone said earlier claim and invite person to party then help them if they need help. No sense in being a douche but of course this is ffxi and we do have douches out there.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-05 23:05:20  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Trebold said:

Cool story bro.

Nope, makes me wanna put on the steeltoed boots I don't even have and kick their face in until it's just an unrecognizable mass of flesh, blood and bone.

EDIT: fixed fail quote.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2010-04-05 23:07:04  
If it goes yellow during the fight...won't touch it.

If it goes yellow from a wipe...will grab after 1 regen tic so the rage timer resets and then will hand back after said group has recovered.

If it goes yellow from a wipe, everyone HPs and doesn't come back...mine...but will offer you the trophy if you want it back. Other drops, idk, I probably would but I'm too nice :x

One strategy we use for Gotoh and Dea is BLMs set HP to WG and warp to their mog houses when MP is depleted. Hence, it is very very common for our ZNM to go yellow and it does concern us but so far on Hades/Cerberus we haven't encountered anyone attempting to steal our pops...just a single *** get in my kite path :P
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-04-05 23:08:39  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Cool story bro.

Nope, makes me wanna put on the steeltoed boots I don't even have and kick their face in until it's just an unrecognizable mass of flesh, blood and bone. [/quote]

Could be worse...
could be ..

Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-05 23:10:29  
Eh, at least it's changed up a bit. And it makes you sound like less of an ***. Slightly.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-05 23:11:38  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Eh, at least it's changed up a bit. And it makes you sound like less of an ***. Slightly.

Only until you've read it about 5-6 times because everyone switched to that instead.

And I dunno, kinda makes them seem more like an *** to me, now they're going out of their way to be a smart *** <_<
 Ragnarok.Shaydow
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaydow 2010-04-05 23:30:19  
JP stole my Vulpage while my pt was RR'n up. They wiped to it. made my day better
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-05 23:31:00  
Asura.Daleterrence said:

You're wearing a subligar, this topic is now invalid.
By Trebold 2010-04-05 23:57:14  
Caitsith.Linear said:

Only until you've read it about 5-6 times because everyone switched to that instead.

And I dunno, kinda makes them seem more like an *** to me, now they're going out of their way to be a smart *** <_<

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chairman
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Chairman
By Quetzalcoatl.Chairman 2010-04-05 23:57:30  
Asura.Korpg said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Trebold said:

Cool story bro.

Nope.
I'm getting tired of it. All it does is shows that the person is a moron.
cool story bro
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
サーバ: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2010-04-06 00:22:55  
Meh, it's still a popped NM, which you're not supposed to steal. What makes that any different to stealing a Kirin? In before some idiot points out it takes so much more time to get a Kirin set than it does to get some lousy ZNM trigger. If that's the case get off your lazy *** and farm the zeni yourself instead of stealing someone elses pop.
By Trebold 2010-04-06 00:24:32  
All joking aside, topic related:

Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-06 00:35:16  
Dead Body. NM @10% HP.

I'd call that lucky :)

I wouldn't expect the same in return...

It is how the game was designed... Comparing this to a real life situation is really sad... It's a GD video game... Stop whining, get over it, and think about "What would jesus do?" DON'T EXIST!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ivve
サーバ: Bahamut
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-04-06 01:00:16  
Not exactly sure how you can "steal" someone's NM if they have wiped and have no chance of recovering before it depops. It is lost for them, for all intents and purposes. There's no sense in crying sweet sweet digital tears over it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-06 01:01:20  
Getting a mob that was going to depop anyways is miles away from stealing. What's next if they had just stood there and done nothing and it had depopped you going to say SE "stole" it from you too?
[+]
 Asura.Pressure
サーバ: Asura
user: liquidz
By Asura.Pressure 2010-04-06 01:16:28  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Getting a mob that was going to depop anyways is miles away from stealing. What's next if they had just stood there and done nothing and it had depopped you going to say SE "stole" it from you too?

That. I am the same as some others on here, I would claim it and kill and give the person the trophy. That is what I would love others to do if I was the one who died. I know accepting that someone else will profit from your work(in this case collecting Zeni and maybe getting the NM down to near death) is not easy for some. But it was going to depop anyway, there is absolutely no reason to be mad if someone get a mob that was going to disappear.

It reminds me of a friend of mine. He was a cigarette smoker and when he was outside and could not end a smoke entirely he would crush it so much under his shoe that there would be nothing left of the cig. He would then say "I'm just making sure no homeless or weirdo will get to smoke for free the cigarette I paid for. He was making me laugh. I would always wonder what does it change in his life if someone smokes it or not(beside the "it's gross" factor lol), he was done with it.

Back on ZNM, I guess it really comes down to which kind of person you are, an altruistic type of player or a more competitive one.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-04-06 01:18:13  
Trebold said:
Caitsith.Linear said:

Well, that one's at least funnier, lol.

To contribute though, I'm with all the others that say get claim and invite and give it back once the wiped party rr's. It might not be the exact same effort as a kirin pop, but it's still a *** move to take something that someone else worked for either way, without at least offering to help them with a trophy you probably don't need.

That, and I play this game with the idea that one day I might run into these same people and I might be on the losing end. I'd at least want to know that I might get help from them.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-06 01:29:10  
HELL NO!!!
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-06 01:37:54  
I personally would have raised you, but someone claiming it after you wiped is pretty typical. So many of us have very little respect for anyone else.
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-04-06 01:46:29  
I "stole" a mob once... RDM and NIN were trying to duo Kreutzet. RDM overdid it (And had burned Convert, amongst other things) and the NIN nearly died. RDM tried to zone and BAM! hi2u Mug-steal and Sirocco.

There ya go guys... A story worth starting a flame-war!

As for the OP:

It fully depends on the situation.

Sure, you(generally speaking) did all the work; farmed items, weakened it, etc. You also made the decision to accept the challenge and go toe-to-toe with it. As far as I'm concerned, if you die/wipe, you've lost the challenge and I'm not about to let it go to waste.

However, this is where "it depends," comes in. Should you be a total *** or act like a pissy *** cause you lost and I took an open opportunity, you can bet I'm going to enjoy the fruits of victory. On the other hand, should you be polite and understand that it's your loss, I'd likely be more than willing to share or even give you the prize(s). Remember, nothing good comes of making demands.

Note: All of this is assuming that it doesn't become yellow due to zombie/zoning/kiting tactics. In which case, I'd be more inclined to spectate and congratulate said person/group.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-06 01:49:34  
Generally I will ask people if they need help even if it doesn't loook that bad yet. Last week I saw a dnc soloing sirocco knife nm. After I told him in auto translate I got it he accepted my help. Which was nice since he was doing like 1%/min while I was nuking for like 7% lol.

Yesterday I saw 1 smn die and another one at like 5% with his carby barely getting hate from some random ghost nm in glacier and it casting and aga2 which wouldve killed carbuncle. I asked if he needed help and he immediately invited. Ran up CA disservement pwned no drops but still xp yays.

But yeah if you don't invite me before you die I'm so just killing
[+]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2010-04-06 01:52:25  
I'm kinda with the opinion that, if they wiped to it and I'm not seeing any RRing happening, I'll take it. o_O

If I see someone getting up? I'll claim and ask for an invite, and get them the win if I can and not get myself killed (which is much more likely given my job set... I don't think a BLU, DRG or BRD would really hold something for very long and/or finish it off quickly enough. x3).

Point being, how is it theft? If it was going to depop anyway, what's the problem? Either way, you weren't getting the item, so at least someone benefited, and it wasn't a total waste. I mean, I can see just camping out from the start and hoping they wipe as a jerk move. But if you happen to wander by as it happens? Totally different story. I'd do it something like this:

1) Can get people up/seeing people get up? Help them either get up or finish the mob off if I can.

2) Ask someone if they've got someone HPing to run back; if it's not a long run heck, I'll try and hold it, though I'll prolly be dead shortly. xD If it's unreasonable, {No thanks}, buh-bye mob. I like my EXP.

3) If neither 1 or 2 are applicable and they aren't even getting up or I don't have a job to get them up, then I say free game. >.>

tl;dr - help a bro out if you can, if there's no chance for them make sure it's not just a wasted pop. ;)
 Shiva.Jaam
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jaam
By Shiva.Jaam 2010-04-06 02:17:16  
hmm as far as I know it yellow equals unclaimed for any mob of that matter. I call myself "just playing the game" but others would call it stealing I dont get it. Can this be explained?
 Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-04-06 02:22:04  
If i could kill it id take it if it was yellow, that being said i would invite the dead person/people for the trophy after it was dead
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-06 02:23:10  
I thought about it a little more. The OP died. Better luck next time.

What sucks about a ZNM is that it costs your time to trigger it. For that reason the other person should have given you some respect.

That is their free choice. You lost your's when you failed and the mob went white. Consider it experience and do better next time!
 Leviathan.Tsolamogola
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tsolamogola 2010-04-06 02:46:55  
If you have completely wiped, as in everyone is dead without reraise, then there isn't anything wrong with another group taking it. Personally, I believe common courtesy and respect goes a long way, so I would start handing out raises and hold/kill the NM for them though.

However, if they have reraise, I wouldn't touch it. ZNMs in particular are ridiculously easy to hold, so it's not like it will depop and go to waste as many people are saying.