Would You Steal A ZNM?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Would you steal a ZNM?
Would you steal a ZNM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-07 20:32:43  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I love how the OP never mentioned which ZNM he died to.

Probably because which one isn't really important. There are principles at stake here! Internets and serious business and all that jazz.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-04-07 20:39:16  
Lol.
Really, there are only three t2 ZNMs that are worth it (one for each path):
Iriz Ima (Tinnin path). Dying to it when trying to solo = you need to learn more.
Anantaboga (Sarameya path). This one is a bit harder, but not like you can't get a few BLM friends to help you.
Verdelet (Tyger path). It's not easy to die to it as long as you keep running. 2 CORs can bring him down np.

Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 20:45:01  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Lol.
Really, there are only three t2 ZNMs that are worth it (one for each path):
Iriz Ima (Tinnin path). Dying to it = you should get it stolen.
Anantaboga (Sarameya path). This one is a bit harder, but not like you can't get a few BLM friends to help you.
Verdelet (Tyger path). It's not easy to die to it as long as you keep running. 2 CORs can bring him down np.
I'll disagree here. Pretty much any job that can run and do ranged dmg can take down ana. I've seen rngs solo it. I've done it on rdm and blm. Just gotta get used to how much distance to keep and reading log to see if it is sleeping you or buffing itself. Generally I go rdm/sch unless I get at least 2 helpers as the super fast nukes help alot. Not to mention the sublimation to wake me up

Verd good soloist can do though it's pretty annoying since it will start casting as soon as it get's into range which is a bit farther than you can cast so if it's an aga gotta keep running otherwise run farther to your range and do it. Probably wouldn't try on blm due to long cast time and drain not working too well though. But personally I've held it on rdm/whm even so much as getting it's hp down while my allaince waited for a raise to come for an hour kiting it between regular imps and undead since didn't want to go too far away from the peeps
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-04-07 20:48:19  
Was just an example.
btw, you can hold verdelet by kiting for a long time running around the pond near Nashmau.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 20:50:34  
Oh I know that now.... but this way long time ago when they first came out and kinda paniced and didn't want to leave the area. I mean you watch a mob wipe 12-15 people and you not panic lol. Granted half of them were afk and alot were n00bs but still I was the only one left alive.

Really though his constant casting makes kiting him pretty easy
[+]
 Bahamut.Drevin
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-04-08 00:05:58  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I love how the OP never mentioned which ZNM he died to.
^this. We wanna know xD
edit: and if you read this Serj, where'z joo been :O
 Asura.Braego
サーバ: Asura
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-04-09 07:41:07  
This happened once with Acamoth. We had two pops for it, and as we were killing it the first time another group showed up. Told them we had one more pop after this one. Well they ended up popping it when they weren't ready cause they didn't want to wait for ours and they ended up dieing. We waited till every single person was dead before we claimed. Then invited the popper in to get trophy and lot against us for goods. We figured that was fair(incredibly nice imo).
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-04-09 08:10:51  
Am I the only one who thought "You wouldn't steal a car" when they read the title? :x
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-09 08:35:39  
I am gonna assume you died due to a mistake/problem with fighting it and you weren’t MPKed.

The question you have to ask yourself is:

“What would happen if this guy wasn’t there”
The answer is, unless you zombie the mob until your ready to fight again (only works in a party situation and if you have enough RR items) it will despawn and you will lose your Zeni

Now another question
“What happened when he was there”
The answer is, he took your mob, killed it and you lose your Zeni

See how they both end in the same place.

Mobs are designed to reward those who are capable of killing them, if you aren’t capable (even if it was just a bad day and you normally kill it fine) then you don’t get the rewards.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-11 00:38:51  
@Remora.Enialis (Quote's aren't working)

The mob is 100% which means if a group claims and kills the wiping party has not contributed to the killing of the mob. Also your example was very difficult to understand.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-04-11 16:06:53  
Valefor.Argettio said:

The answer is, unless you zombie the mob until your ready to fight again (only works in a party situation and if you have enough RR items) it will despawn and you will lose your Zeni

Now another question

Mobs are designed to reward those who are capable of killing them, if you aren’t capable (even if it was just a bad day and you normally kill it fine) then you don’t get the rewards.

This is the correct answer. You pop a mob you can't beat, and you expect someone else who is less terrible than you to give you a freebie because you screwed up? No.

RL analogy because they seem to be popping up like weeds in this thread: If you lose your job because you're a terrible programmer, and I get the job and rewrite the code, should I give you half my paycheck because you did part of the job poorly? No.

Yellow is fair game. Suck less.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-11 16:13:05  
Asura.Solara said:
Valefor.Argettio said:

Now another question

This is the correct answer. You pop a mob you can't beat, and you expect someone else who is less terrible than you to give you a freebie because you screwed up? No.

RL analogy because they seem to be popping up like weeds in this thread: If you lose your job because you're a terrible programmer, and I get the job and rewrite the code, should I give you half my paycheck because you did part of the job poorly? No.

Yellow is fair game. Suck less.

I would have tried to put it nicer but this. Also, this was probably the only comparison that actually worked in this thread.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-24 23:21:18  
let me try to compare....

if your eating a taco and choke on it and die...and i come along and finish eating your taco then save your life...should i have to pay for the taco?

NO IT WAS ON THE FLOOR!

FINDERS KEEPERS!!
and Possesion is 9/10s of the law!

(nom nom nom) xD

*EDIT /emote brings back dead thread.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ferth
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-25 00:53:24  
If I choke on a taco and die how do you propose to save my life?

If I am currently choking on a taco and you come up and eat it before giving me the no-longer-heimlich manuever, despite any feelings of gratitude about saving my life I'd probably kick your *** for waiting to eat my taco first.

Actually, If I'm choking and you walk up and start eating the taco I'm choking on I'd probably punch you before you finished it.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-25 00:55:22  
people can be resuscitated >.>
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-25 01:02:41  
Wow this thread should be dead by now...
Leviathan.Phenomena said:
let me try to compare....

if your eating a taco and choke on it and die...and i come along and finish eating your taco then save your life...should i have to pay for the taco?

NO IT WAS ON THE FLOOR!

FINDERS KEEPERS!!
and Possesion is 9/10s of the law!

(nom nom nom) xD

*EDIT /emote brings back dead thread.

Yet another fail comparison. Let's see which would get your *** "jailed" first, stealing a taco or claiming a mob in a video game. Stealing is stealing so that's a punishable offense by law. Claiming a mob with a big yellow name is the pretty much what you do in the game so there's no rules being broke here. Hmmm...
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-25 01:06:05  
Stealing a zenni nm is low, and stupid. Even if the person lost it for a second. Or something happened with a death, you should help out hold nm and help them kill. I would do it, either way it is petty.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-25 03:43:51  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Stealing a zenni nm is low, and stupid. Even if the person lost it for a second. Or something happened with a death, you should help out hold nm and help them kill. I would do it, either way it is petty.

The reason that the mass majority of players, like yourself, really suck is because they get so much help, things handed to them, and other people doing it for them. How can anyone gain any knowledge or experience when it gets handed to them? It's counter-productive.

Ex: A player with not much experience finds out CHG is soloable. Hellz Yeah! So he tries it, and dies. A RDM happens to come along, raises him, and kills it for him. Way to go! The guy got his trophy, and what ever else he wanted... But how the hell will he do it again? He won't be able to do again, because someone did it for him. Like I said... It's counter-productive. The guy helped the guy out. Sure.. But in the long run... The player gained NOTHING from it.

There is a large majority of "Weak" players growing in the FF community:

"CoP Is too hard ; ;"

"He stole my NM"

"This is MY CAMP"

"Brass Borer, Help Me Out!"

It's really sad D:

Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-04-25 03:46:42  
Holy ***, this thread's still alive?
 Valefor.Ryukuro
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-04-25 04:07:06  
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:

The reason that the mass majority of players, like yourself, really suck is because they get so much help, things handed to them, and other people doing it for them. How can anyone gain any knowledge or experience when it gets handed to them? It's counter-productive.

Ex: A player with not much experience finds out CHG is soloable. Hellz Yeah! So he tries it, and dies. A RDM happens to come along, raises him, and kills it for him. Way to go! The guy got his trophy, and what ever else he wanted... But how the hell will he do it again? He won't be able to do again, because someone did it for him. Like I said... It's counter-productive. The guy helped the guy out. Sure.. But in the long run... The player gained NOTHING from it.

There is a large majority of "Weak" players growing in the FF community:

"CoP Is too hard ; ;"

"He stole my NM"

"This is MY CAMP"

"Brass Borer, Help Me Out!"

It's really sad D:

Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-25 06:16:35  
Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Am I the only one who thought "You wouldn't steal a car" when they read the title? :x
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-25 06:44:10  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Phoenix.Baelorn said:

but i'd ***' download a car if I could!
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-25 17:03:42  
[+]