Would You Steal A ZNM?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Would you steal a ZNM?
Would you steal a ZNM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2010-04-06 16:57:29  
Odds are the douche that stole something ingame from you is more than likely the type of person that would also steal something in real life. I dont advise asking a question on here where you already know the answers that will be posted. There will always be a few that say they wouldnt do it as there will be many that say piss off, cool story ect...If it realy bothers you send the guy a tell asking politely why he id it, then if hes a *** and starts to cuss or harrass you about it screenshot the ***and let a GM know.

And lol someone posted Its like seeing somone drop a 5 and picking it up and keeping it. The fact that you saw them drop it means you know whos it is and that would be called stealing.
 Leviathan.Stunx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Bungie
By Leviathan.Stunx 2010-04-06 17:32:39  
dat 5 is minez!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-06 17:34:44  
You can't steal what someone doesn't possess. Either by having it on your person or putting it somewhere safeish or in someway that makes it clearly yours and you are going to go back for it or soemthing

The ground is not an accepted place for storing your money or any property. Once you drop it and make no attempt to pick it up it clearly is not yours any longer.

You will never ever get in trouble for "stealing" a $5 off the street unless you like punched the a guy who was picking it up and grab it.

Just like you will never get a GM to do anything about some guy claiming a random yellow mob that killed you.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-04-06 17:39:36  
I'd say you should be good to "Steal" a ZNM if the group that wipes to it makes no attempt to claim it back or at least make an attempt to make it not de pop.

Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-06 18:05:42  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
I'd say you should be good to "Steal" a ZNM if the group that wipes to it makes no attempt to claim it back or at least make an attempt to make it not de pop.

I want a THF to post a screenshot of them using "Steal" on one of these now. This thread has gotten way too serious needs some fun :D
 Leviathan.Marzanna
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2010-04-06 18:30:23  
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Who's crying. Anyways this game is getting old so I really care very little of the stupid politics,

Yet here you are still posting on the forums. It's getting old, but you just can't let it go!

lol. Sure thing, I definitely can't let it go, it's like I just can't seem to quit.. oh wait...

I haven't looked at this forum in months as you can see by the obvious lack of posts if you'd looked, that along with me tossing everything in my inventory does in fact make it seem as if I'm over it ;o My boyfriend just pointed out I was third most viewed and I got curious as to why the hell.. when I saw this post. And yes it is old, or maybe I'm just jaded, either way it was fun while it lasted.

And on the GM thing, not really saying I agree with it, I mean if you can't raise, they're dead with no reraise and it's almost dead, why not kill it. However I have seen ppl jailed for stealing popped mobs, maybe the GM was PMSing or something, but that's beside the point, if you get one in a foul mood they will do it, have seen it done, whether people thinking I'm making that up, not bothered either way.

[+]
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-04-06 18:40:22  
GM's are useless but thats besides the point...

What if you dont know its a ZNM and think its a normal NM that a party has wiped too.
I dont know all the names to ZNM's unless I look it up on wiki.
so if you see a normal NM almost dead and a party wipes to it you will kill it.
If you dont know its a znm then you dont know nothing wrong with that. However if im killing a NM that happens to be a znm and i get a tell from the dead ppl if they are nice then I would raise and invite them to party. If they being a *** about it.... I would kill the mob then post the screen shots here.. point is dont be a *** some ppl may not know its a znm.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-06 19:09:14  
I may sound like I have no heart... But let's all just whine about it !

If a group wipes to an NM, it is fair game.

Ethics do not come into play, because it's a gawd damn game!

It would be like san fransisco fumbling a ball, the chargers recovering it, and giving them the damn ball back >.>

There is nothing unethical about keeping a fumbled ball... BECAUSE IT'S A FRICKEN GAME!

Real life =/= Video Game

Some of us can't tell the difference <.<

[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-06 19:29:49  

It would be like san fransisco fumbling a ball, the chargers recovering it, and giving them the damn ball back >.>

There is nothing unethical about keeping a fumbled ball... BECAUSE IT'S A FRICKEN GAME!

Real life =/= Video Game

[+]
 Lakshmi.Fullen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: fullen
By Lakshmi.Fullen 2010-04-06 19:39:22  

Real life =/= Video Game

I remember when we took some LS's IX'Aern MNK (3 organs) cos they wiped, they cried about it for about an hour.
 Asura.Atua
サーバ: Asura
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-04-06 19:50:56  
Ethics do not come into play, because it's a gawd damn game! It would be like san fransisco fumbling a ball, the chargers recovering it, and giving them the damn ball back... BECAUSE IT'S A FRICKEN GAME!
Football isn't an MMO though, it's one team vs another. And that example doesn't fit... Why would the mob you're fighting give you the ball back? A more fitting example would be some team coming in and taking over the superbowl because the other team was losing, which doesn't happen, does it?
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-06 20:17:06  
Asura.Atua said:
Ethics do not come into play, because it's a gawd damn game! It would be like san fransisco fumbling a ball, the chargers recovering it, and giving them the damn ball back... BECAUSE IT'S A FRICKEN GAME!
Football isn't an MMO though, it's one team vs another. And that example doesn't fit... Why would the mob you're fighting give you the ball back? A more fitting example would be some team coming in and taking over the superbowl because the other team was losing, which doesn't happen, does it?

How about...

Israel? The Jews had it first but we're forced out of their homeland by the Assyrians. After years of slavery and hardship, they finally find their way back to their homeland only to find it's now inhabited by the Palestinians. Now the quarrels begin about who rightly owned the land. Sure the Jews were there first but hey, the Palestinians found their way there and it was nice and open. Kinda hard to ask them to move after they've been settled there for so many years. It rightly is their homeland too now.

Following this, the initial popping group had all rights to the NM and the world was just. However unforeseen circumstances happen and people are killed and the NM now becomes available to all to claim. Either you fight back for it or you have to give it up and move on. Otherwise you end up in a bloody war that rages on for years and years with no winners and a lot of losers... or complaining about it over the internet which no one really cares about in the first place so meh...
[+]
 Asura.Despayn
サーバ: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-06 20:23:50  
@Marzana; I really feel sorry for the people who devoted all that time and energy into helping you finish all those salvage pieces. The least you could have done is given away your account, if you didn't care honestly. I'd rage at anyone who throws away any completed salvage piece. It's honestly beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Everything else besides your salvage pieces isn't even worth mentioning, since none of that is exactly hard to get.

EDIT: Haha. *** Israeli comparison is so win.
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2010-04-06 20:38:19  
Asura.Despayn said:
@Marzana; I really feel sorry for the people who devoted all that time and energy into helping you finish all those salvage pieces. The least you could have done is given away your account, if you didn't care honestly. I'd rage at anyone who throws away any completed salvage piece. It's honestly beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Everything else besides your salvage pieces isn't even worth mentioning, since none of that is exactly hard to get.

EDIT: Haha. *** Israeli comparison is so win.

Eh ok rage away then if you must, but they're only salvage pieces lol, which aren't that hard to get either :) Anyways, it's a good thing then that they're much more understanding than you. My pieces were in the majority acquired through low manning zones with the same people I've been playing with since level 20, who I've become friends with in game and irl, and who were some of the few that encouraged me to quit as I had been quite unwell for some time, thanks for your concern though, no not really.

[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-06 20:51:24  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Trebold said:
Asura.Atua said:
I've seen two ls's fighting over the vampire t3 before. The popping ls was zone nuking it and another ls came along and took it when it went unclaimed and straight tanked it. Not a cool move.
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I'd rather not be on their bad side because you never know when you're going to need their help when you're about to die, or get raised, or whatever.
I've had some people be an *** to me in ls's before. One day in sea, one of them wouldn't stop making fun of me. He died later so I decided to give him a r1 instead of r3 while we were fought Faith. He wouldn't accept the r1 cause he would "delevel" despite still being 75. I told him too bad and not to talk bad to me. I was the only whm there so... I told him take a raise from someone else or homepoint. Never mess with the only whm, lol

Cool story bro.

Am I the only one getting tired of that?

To actually contribute to the thread:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I'd claim it and DoT it or something and invite the person to my PT after they raise up so they can have trophy/item.

I'd do the same.

No you are not the only one, 4chan speak is for retards.

I'd do the same too
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-06 21:03:53  
Honestly, comparing this situation to real-life ones is a moot point. The fact is that the situation is unique, a virtual group of people wiped to a virtual monster. If the name is white, that is because it is fair game. If you think it is wrong to take it that is your business but people have different opinions, none of them are "wrong".

If your group/you did happen to claim the ZNM and begin killing it, it would be up to you if you want to be exceptionally nice and give them one~all the drops, most likely the trophy, however I would not say you are obligated to.

Personally, if it were me in charge of deciding whether we take the mob or not, I'd claim it and assuming that I was there to kill it and not just passing by I would offer their leader the Trophy, provided I don't have bad history with them. Am I obligated to do so? No. If however I wasn't even there to kill it, or if no one in my party wanted any of the drops then I would probably just turn it over to them once they RR'd and leave.

Bottom line is, just because someone posted what ethics are on wiki does not make it so. You can not decide what ethics people need to have, you can only try to do what you believe is right. This thread has gotten extremely out of control, peace.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-06 21:08:27  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Asura.Atua said:
How about...

Israel? The Jews had it first but we're forced out of their homeland by the Assyrians. After years of slavery and hardship, they finally find their way back to their homeland only to find it's now inhabited by the Palestinians. Now the quarrels begin about who rightly owned the land. Sure the Jews were there first but hey, the Palestinians found their way there and it was nice and open. Kinda hard to ask them to move after they've been settled there for so many years. It rightly is their homeland too now.

Following this, the initial popping group had all rights to the NM and the world was just. However unforeseen circumstances happen and people are killed and the NM now becomes available to all to claim. Either you fight back for it or you have to give it up and move on. Otherwise you end up in a bloody war that rages on for years and years with no winners and a lot of losers... or complaining about it over the internet which no one really cares about in the first place so meh...
Too much win
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-06 21:36:38  
One problem with this game is exactly what someone said above 'ethics don't apply'. Yeah, it's a game. No, it's not serious business. BUT the fact remains that there is a person behind every character (unless you're a fishbot). I personally treat nobody different in game than I would outside of the game. I also treat people with the same courtesy and respect I would expect them to give me until they're a douche.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-06 21:43:26  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
One problem with this game is exactly what someone said above 'ethics don't apply'. Yeah, it's a game. No, it's not serious business. BUT the fact remains that there is a person behind every character (unless you're a fishbot). I personally treat nobody different in game than I would outside of the game. I also treat people with the same courtesy and respect I would expect them to give me until they're a douche.

Eh.. What about the courtesy of giving up your NM when you wipe to it -.- Where are the ethics there??

I don't think whining is ethical. :)
 Cerberus.Unfrgvnhate
サーバ: Cerberus
user: hatekhaos
By Cerberus.Unfrgvnhate 2010-04-06 22:07:08  
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Who's crying. Anyways this game is getting old so I really care very little of the stupid politics,

Yet here you are still posting on the forums. It's getting old, but you just can't let it go!

lol. Sure thing, I definitely can't let it go, it's like I just can't seem to quit.. oh wait...

You did all that and yet here you are on the forum still posting.. rather pathetic.
 Shiva.Xet
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-04-06 22:31:54  
Soon as i saw the topic name I thought it was going to go into "Would you steal a car? Would you steal a handbag? Piracy is Illegal!"

On topic i'd give them the trophy at the least, depending on the items would depend on what i kept, I don't think its unfair to request a drop after you just basically saved their NM from a full wipe. Otherwise no one gets anything which is more fail then someone stealing it and keeping everything.

Debating peoples ethics is the same as arguing your favourite colour, mines blue, yours probably isn't. Odds of me changing your preset are slim.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-06 22:33:44  
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Eh.. What about the courtesy of giving up your NM when you wipe to it -.- Where are the ethics there??

I don't think whining is ethical. :)
lolwut?
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-06 22:34:27  
Well really, the NM slowly goes back to its spawn point and regains full health. I don't know how long until it despawns. If they had reraise they could give it another try.

Ahh well, I'm sure everyone reading this is used to greedy *** in this game or is one.
 Diabolos.Matuyoga
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Matuyoga
By Diabolos.Matuyoga 2010-04-06 22:47:32  
Depends on who it was. if it were Ghandi or somebody cool, I wouldn't but if it were the worlds greatest *** (every server has one), I'd be over it like a lion on a gazelle.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2010-04-06 22:50:46  
Cerberus.Unfrgvnhate said:
You did all that and yet here you are on the forum still posting.. rather pathetic.

Troll a little harder :) I'm pretty sure I haven't posted on here since Dec, it's now April. I'm also pretty sure I said I only bothered to load up FFXIAH because my boyfriend was browsing it and saw my name on the list, my curiosity as to why the hell that would be got the better of me, so shoot me..

And what do you know I load it up to see this, really? I'm sure the majority of people realise what the nice thing to do in such a situation would be, I'm also pretty sure most people just don't give a stuff regardless lol.. Anyways I don't really care either way, there will always be those kinds of people in the real world and otherwise, and we all get what we deserve in the end so I just don't know why everyone tries constantly to push their view of 'what's right' onto everybody else, it never works..
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-06 22:53:55  
Last time I checked, China doesn't own the Internet so it's still legal for anyone to post whatever they want, whenever they want.

Do continue.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-06 23:07:13  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
lolwut?

If you wipe to a force pop NM it will despawn. What about the coutesy of allowing another player to kill it without bitching about it? Hmmm?

So basically... If you can't have it, noone should be aloud to? Sounds like my ex-girlfriend -.-
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2010-04-06 23:12:42  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Last time I checked, China doesn't own the Internet so it's still legal for anyone to post whatever they want, whenever they want. Do continue.

Haha damn you Chinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. They dont own it they will just hack it, steal your ***and then deny it.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-06 23:38:55  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
lolwut?

If you wipe to a force pop NM it will despawn. What about the coutesy of allowing another player to kill it without bitching about it? Hmmm?

So basically... If you can't have it, noone should be aloud to? Sounds like my ex-girlfriend -.-
Nope, never said that.

Thanks for playing though.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-06 23:56:17  
I you want it take it, but I personally would raise and invite. If I wiped I would rather share and get something over nothing.And even if the person or persons finishing off the NM wanted none of it I would offer gil or something. Share the pain, share the wealth.