Would You Steal A ZNM?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Would you steal a ZNM?
Would you steal a ZNM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-06 03:00:48  
Pandemonium.Igoge said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:

You're wearing a subligar, this topic is now invalid.

Haha, thats from Brygid the Stylist. You don't like those sexy Elvaan legs?

I just got Fierce Belt.

Your argument is invalid.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-06 03:02:35  
Leviathan.Tsolamogola said:
ZNMs in particular are ridiculously easy to hold, so it's not like it will depop and go to waste as many people are saying.
Clearly not that easy if they completely wiped.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-06 03:05:06  
Those of you that would give the trophy are nice but I dont think anyone would be in the wrong for not doing so.

If the NM goes unclaimed due to you losing the battle, then anyone else is allowed to try that is why it goes unclaimed.
 Fenrir.Bluntz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Azpekt
By Fenrir.Bluntz 2010-04-06 04:17:46  
Sylph.Sindri said:
Those of you that would give the trophy are nice but I dont think anyone would be in the wrong for not doing so.

If the NM goes unclaimed due to you losing the battle, then anyone else is allowed to try that is why it goes unclaimed.

So remember people of Slyph once this guy wipes to a ZNM or anything and you happen to be there don't give him the item he wouldn't do it for you. Such a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE noob type player now days. Thats all goodbye.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-04-06 04:20:54  
Sylph.Sindri said:

And you ask how you make my server look bad.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-04-06 04:29:56  
Sylph.Sindri said:

Just cause its game mechanics doesn't suddenly means its not a complete douchebag move.

These are the type of situations that arise not-so-often that basic human courtesy should come into play, and those without said trait show their true colors trying to justify being a *** by hiding behind excuses as if trying to convince themselves and not the people they wronged!

This is just my opinion of course, could have nothing to do with you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-04-06 04:34:38  
I guess it comes down to personal ethic and how you think the game should be played, but I personally wouldn't.

If the mob had just gone yellow, I sure as hell wouldn't. Take for example the T1 Cheese Hoarder, the simplest solo/duo strategy involves the NM fleeing from the battle a lot of times and becoming unclaimed in the process, I'd be pretty pissed if someone decided to up and jack it by nuking it or something when it was at minimal health roaming the under ruins.

If I saw someone wipe..I personally still probably wouldn't, I know that farming zeni can be a pain in the ***. While not exactly difficult, Sanraku only takes 10 plates per day, so it can be annoying and time consuming to get all the zeni for a particular znm. Just my two cents.
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2010-04-06 06:08:08  
Bahamut.Ivve said:
Not exactly sure how you can "steal" someone's NM if they have wiped and have no chance of recovering before it depops. It is lost for them, for all intents and purposes. There's no sense in crying sweet sweet digital tears over it.

Who's crying. I'm just stating how it is, you pop a mob on your trig and somebody else claims it, you can call a GM who will tell you you're not to claim someone elses trigger popped mob, simple. Other NMs are an entirely different ball game.

Despite this the decent thing to do is raise them or invite them into the party.. Anyways this game is getting old so I really care very little of the stupid politics, this post was good for the lulz though.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2010-04-06 08:41:42  
Out of curiosity was it the LS 'WeDaBest' who stole your ZNM? I've noticed they have a penchant for MPKing the puller of ZNMs and then taking it when it unfortunately goes white due to their pathing of claimed trash mobs. With that being said they also have no clue how to play the game and tend to wipe to stolen ZNMs returning them to the shell that popped them. <.<;;;;
Stealing ZNMs (especially something higher than a tier 1) is a *** move. A lot of work goes in to farming the zeni and it's likely that the person is working toward a higher tier. Kill it if you must but invite the person who popped it to get their damn trophy.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2010-04-06 09:12:42  
I'd claim the mob and start killing it if the person who pop'd it start screaming and yelling and curseing me, i'd keep the items, if he asked me nicely enough i'd give the items to him, i normaly wait to see how the person is be4 giveing something back thow.
 Asura.Despayn
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-06 09:42:19  
Yellow mob is fair game. If you wipe to it completely, and the ZNM is walking back to its spawn, I certainly wouldn't let it go to waste.

I'd give you the trophy though, since you wasted your Zeni on the pop.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-06 09:47:09  
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Who's crying. Anyways this game is getting old so I really care very little of the stupid politics,

Yet here you are still posting on the forums. It's getting old, but you just can't let it go!
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-04-06 09:48:14  
it would be epic if you wipe on the znm it would auto rage for 5min and if anyone claimed it. they would get *** raped

hehehe
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-06 09:49:42  
This isn't about being nice versus being a douche bag!

What it comes down to is this:

Are you smart, or a complete moron?
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-06 09:58:17  
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
This isn't about being nice versus being a douche bag!

What it comes down to is this:

Are you smart, or a complete moron?
How isn't it?

If you help them out, you're too nice or whatever.

If you don't help them out, you're a douche.

At least that's what the rest of the thread seems to think.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-04-06 10:15:14  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics

<3 wiki
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-06 10:26:19  
With a force pop NM if you take the time to get pop item you might as well take the time to get the correct number of ppl or the correct strategy...if you fail you fail and there is no chance at winning isn't it better that someone kills it?

Now I don't agree with the ppl/ls that camp these spots just waiting for ppl to loose claim so they can kill it once it's a low %.

Did OP ever say which ZNM was "stolen"?

Oh yeah and I know someone said it but most (not all) ZNM are so easy to kite on basically any job, you shouldn't even need movement speed.

If it were me I prolly wouldn't have even bothered with it tbh it's just a ZNM..if for some reason I did kill I would return the trophy..and maybe the gear.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-06 10:32:53  
Cheesey is different its near impossible to fight him without the name going white, we're talking about WIPING. And incase you didn't notice the objectivity in my post I said I didn't think anyone would be in the wrong for doing so. If the mob regenned to 100 then why should the wiping group be rewarded? Sure it was there pop but they didn't do any of the work. If you want to take an unclaimed mob that is going to go poof go right ahead, the other group wouldn't have gotten the trophy if it had depopped anyways. I didn't advocate for mpking and I didn't say I myself would do it because I sincerely doubt if ever be in charge of a znm that anyone actually capable of killing it could wipe to.
 Kujata.Nanyo
サーバ: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2010-04-06 10:33:17  
Personally, if someone wiped to it I'd claim kill and give them the trophy and items (and would offer them help before hand).

BUT I don't expect people to do the same in return for me, I've no faith in people XD

(Though, I would still do it for someone even if they openly admitted they wouldn't for me, /shrug. just my personality)
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-06 10:40:41  
Kujata.Nanyo said:
Personally, if someone wiped to it I'd claim kill and give them the trophy and items (and would offer them help before hand).

BUT I don't expect people to do the same in return for me, I've no faith in people XD
This is how I feel about people in game these days. I see someone wiping, whether or not I'll wipe with them, I'm going to cure bomb and/or raise spam as long as I have MP. However, I'm not surprised if someone stands by and watches me die.
 Asura.Despayn
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-06 10:42:24  
If you wipe completely 100% with no chance of recovering, you can't *** about the mob being taken by someone else honestly.

If the person who claims the mob after you wipe, its up to them if they want to do you a favor and give you the trophy/items.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-04-06 11:12:46  
Asura.Atua said:
I've seen two ls's fighting over the vampire t3 before. The popping ls was zone nuking it and another ls came along and took it when it went unclaimed and straight tanked it. Not a cool move.
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I'd rather not be on their bad side because you never know when you're going to need their help when you're about to die, or get raised, or whatever.
I've had some people be an *** to me in ls's before. One day in sea, one of them wouldn't stop making fun of me. He died later so I decided to give him a r1 instead of r3 while we were fought Faith. He wouldn't accept the r1 cause he would "delevel" despite still being 75. I told him too bad and not to talk bad to me. I was the only whm there so... I told him take a raise from someone else or homepoint. Never mess with the only whm, lol

lol one of our dyna whms did that once. We had a linked pull and the whm died, then a few minutes later the sam in that whm's party started yelling and bellyaching because he had died, saying how his whm was obviously afk or drunk or just stupid (as the whm is laying on the ground dead.) So, when it was safe to rr, the whm rr'd and then gave the sam a r1 for being a douche. Sam refused it, demanding a r3, so the whm left with the rest of the group to the next camp. A rdm eventually had to go back and raise the sam. I thought it was raging hilarious at the time, seeing the sam freak out and the whm just be all calm and 'nope, I already gave you a raise, not my fault you denied it.' lol /easily amused

As for stealing znms, I think if the person harassed you, tried to get hate on it, tried to lag or wipe you, then took the znm, that's rotten. I think if I am trotting along and see someone dead on the ground with a resetting, unclaimed znm, I'd try to get that person raised up and if I had time or felt like it, then help them with the znm. If that person was a jerk when I trotted up and saw the situation, I'd likely just leave them dead.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-06 12:37:28  
Everyone makes such a big deal out of getting Zeni when you can just buy cheap plates off some bazaar near Sanraku.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-06 12:38:19  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Everyone makes such a big deal out of getting Zeni when you can just buy cheap plates off some bazaar near Sanraku.
40k for 700~ zeni? No thanks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Cumincustard
By Leviathan.Cumincustard 2010-04-06 12:43:24  
I'd take any unclaimed mob that has value to me. Ask the beastmasters who camp manta on this server.
Tho it would need to have value to me...I wouldn't do it just to do it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Krionin
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2010-04-06 12:44:17  
Kujata.Nanyo said:

(Though, I would still do it for someone even if they openly admitted they wouldn't for me, /shrug. just my personality)
that how I feel. Once people were wiping to serket when I was camping against i ended up curing them to save them even tho we had several people in ls which wanted ring.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-06 13:19:19  
People say that the group should get the trophy even though they wiped because they took the time and effort to farm zeni but the people are taking similar time and more effort to kill the znm. Also you can't say game mechanics doesn't justify taking the mob (white mob) and then argue that game mechanics (10 plate maximum) justifies people returning the trophy. Not mentioned was zombieing. If a group is attempting to zombie it then you should let them keep it, no question. Ultimately it will come down to how you feel about the people, if you take it from someone that mpkd or mpks you constantly in let's say hnm no way are you going to hand over anything. That is all
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-06 16:08:20  
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
I'm just stating how it is, you pop a mob on your trig and somebody else claims it, you can call a GM who will tell you you're not to claim someone elses trigger popped mob, simple.
Lol not really. The GM can't and wont do ***. You broke no online rule and in fact he will probalby tell you you died it went yellow fair game. If he has a sense of humor he would probably say maybe you shouldn't have wiped then.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-04-06 16:29:33  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
That's not really stealing. You lost it. They merely made sure it didn't go to waste. And anyone in the kill allaince can get the upgrade

This. I'd prolly be upset still that I died and lost my trophy, but you really have no word in it if you died at the end and it went unclaimed and someone near by took the kill instead. It's either that or let it depop. Unless you are 100% certain you could of raised and taken it back right away. Then meh

But it would really be a problem if someone in the alliance ninja'd from the treasure pool. Then ya you should really be upset.
By johanestrella 2010-04-06 16:41:46  
idk if i would its tempting tho lol