Would You Steal A ZNM?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Would you steal a ZNM?
Would you steal a ZNM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Valefor.Ryukuro
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-04-07 00:18:20  
How can something be stolen if it is not possessed? i.e mob name white.....
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-04-07 00:19:28  
if all melees die (AoE) then theres a chance for the mob to be unclaimed. It is still /attacking/ and has hate on members of the alliance, so anyone who claims that mob is 'stealing' technically.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-04-07 00:21:25  
Learn to read. ^.^ edit

And on the note of "real life =/= a game" I'm pretty sure your personality as a person is the same in game. Douchebags in real life = douchebags in a game. Saying "It went yellow! It's fair play!" etc just makes you out to trying to justify being an ***.
 Gilgamesh.Xenhas
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Xenhas
By Gilgamesh.Xenhas 2010-04-07 00:26:37  
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Who's crying. Anyways this game is getting old so I really care very little of the stupid politics,

Yet here you are still posting on the forums. It's getting old, but you just can't let it go!

lol. Sure thing, I definitely can't let it go, it's like I just can't seem to quit.. oh wait...

I haven't looked at this forum in months as you can see by the obvious lack of posts if you'd looked, that along with me tossing everything in my inventory does in fact make it seem as if I'm over it ;o My boyfriend just pointed out I was third most viewed and I got curious as to why the hell.. when I saw this post. And yes it is old, or maybe I'm just jaded, either way it was fun while it lasted.

And on the GM thing, not really saying I agree with it, I mean if you can't raise, they're dead with no reraise and it's almost dead, why not kill it. However I have seen ppl jailed for stealing popped mobs, maybe the GM was PMSing or something, but that's beside the point, if you get one in a foul mood they will do it, have seen it done, whether people thinking I'm making that up, not bothered either way.

A smart/nice person would have given some of that away to friends or sold it. how i cash out?
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
サーバ: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2010-04-07 01:02:18  
Wow you'd think no one had ever tossed gear before in this game lol. I did what I had to do, if I had just lent it out to people I would have had someone to blame when I couldn't play, and would have just asked for it back when I felt like playing. Which really wouldn't be the best thing for me at the moment. Most people who knew me well ingame were very supportive of my decision as they actually understand the situation..

But as I said before I haven't been well, I left this out of it would come across as I was looking for sympathy, which I most definitely do not. But you don't know jack about the situation, so don't try and act like you do. I did give away anything that wasn't gear to friends, not that this is any of your business.

But I have a bub on the way and her health > some online pixels, I can't really put it any simpler than that.
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-07 01:06:05  
Just ignore them. They're more unimportant online pixels.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-04-07 01:07:57  
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
if all melees die (AoE) then theres a chance for the mob to be unclaimed. It is still /attacking/ and has hate on members of the alliance, so anyone who claims that mob is 'stealing' technically.

Disagree, a mob having hate on someone does not mean that the mob is "theirs". You can go up to anyone fighting ANYTHING and cure spam them or buff them and be on the hate list, does that make it yours? No, it doesn't. If people wipe to something they are killing then they have failed and given up the right to "own" said mob and should be relenquished to people who can kill it.....if it goes white, its aiight!

That being said, you would be an *** to keep the trophy for yourself if you didn't want/need it and if at all possible should invite the wiped/shitty players to your party to lot it.... a good reputation is something harder to gain than items...
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2010-04-07 01:08:24  
I would steal your mom and some ham :)
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-07 01:10:05  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Learn to read. ^.^ edit And on the note of "real life =/= a game" I'm pretty sure your personality as a person is the same in game. Douchebags in real life = douchebags in a game. Saying "It went yellow! It's fair play!" etc just makes you out to trying to justify being an ***.

The game was designed this way missy.

If Square-Enix thought it was "stealing", then Square-Enix would have designed it so the NM would stay red when the party wipes.

Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-04-07 01:28:45  
The game was designed this way missy.

If Square-Enix thought it was "stealing", then Square-Enix would have designed it so the NM would stay red when the party wipes.

I didn't say stealing once. I just said you're an *** ^.^
 Bahamut.Drevin
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-04-07 01:31:43  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Learn to read. ^.^ edit And on the note of "real life =/= a game" I'm pretty sure your personality as a person is the same in game. Douchebags in real life = douchebags in a game. Saying "It went yellow! It's fair play!" etc just makes you out to trying to justify being an ***.
The game was designed this way missy. If Square-Enix thought it was "stealing", then Square-Enix would have designed it so the NM would stay red when the party wipes.
i kinda agree with serj, but if someone completely wipes and has no way of killing it whatsoever, I would at least offer to help... if they wanted to be asshats and not take my help when they looked like they absolutely needed it, then I think i'd steal it to give them a scare (assuming i could kill it) then at least give them the trophy since that's what they were probably working for >.>;
By Cloudydemise 2010-04-07 01:42:37  
Hell yea i would. I mean.. I steal money out of the collection plate at church. Thats the entire reason i get up on Sunday. I'm not avoiding dynamis, im hard at work! :P Ok seriously, idk. Depends on past experiences with the person/party. I generally try to be helpful though, so i'd at least give them their trophy. Unless of course i knew them to be an arse.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-07 01:45:51  
Bahamut.Serj said:
The game was designed this way missy. If Square-Enix thought it was "stealing", then Square-Enix would have designed it so the NM would stay red when the party wipes.
I didn't say stealing once. I just said you're an *** ^.^

The same players calling me an ***, are the ones who can't solo a simple NM.

~.^
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-04-07 01:51:56  
The same players calling me an ***, are the ones who can't solo a simple NM.

~.^

And yet you prove yourself out to be more than I could ever say. ^.^
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-07 01:58:49  
Like I always say..

You'll never hear a skilled player cry about things like this~
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-04-07 02:05:34  
Have I cried? Or is that a wish I hear? Regardless. I just help people out. Not too much I want in this game. Ask Drevin lol.

Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeev!

Also, you fail hard at comebacks. But I must sleep. Till we meet again!
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-07 02:13:20  
Bahamut.Serj said:
I cried! Regardless. There is not too much I can accomplish in this game. Ask Drevin lol.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-04-07 03:24:34  
Gilgamesh.Xenhas said:
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Who's crying. Anyways this game is getting old so I really care very little of the stupid politics,

Yet here you are still posting on the forums. It's getting old, but you just can't let it go!

lol. Sure thing, I definitely can't let it go, it's like I just can't seem to quit.. oh wait...

I haven't looked at this forum in months as you can see by the obvious lack of posts if you'd looked, that along with me tossing everything in my inventory does in fact make it seem as if I'm over it ;o My boyfriend just pointed out I was third most viewed and I got curious as to why the hell.. when I saw this post. And yes it is old, or maybe I'm just jaded, either way it was fun while it lasted.

And on the GM thing, not really saying I agree with it, I mean if you can't raise, they're dead with no reraise and it's almost dead, why not kill it. However I have seen ppl jailed for stealing popped mobs, maybe the GM was PMSing or something, but that's beside the point, if you get one in a foul mood they will do it, have seen it done, whether people thinking I'm making that up, not bothered either way.

A smart/nice person would have given some of that away to friends or sold it. how i cash out?
It was hers to do as she pleases, what when your friends quit you want their ***? She doesn't even have to explain herself to anyone, and about this stealing bit, its a game, and in this game if its unclaimed its fair game, morals, ethics have nothing to do with it, you know what you can and can not do and what you will and will not do.
 Unicorn.Ixn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: unknown
By Unicorn.Ixn 2010-04-07 08:38:13  
Looks like some of ya'll have some decency while others don't think of such a way.

Like some other pplz said we are dealing with rl ppl behind those characters. In truth you wouldn't like people to take your mob if its unclaimed or even worked a lil to get the pop items and not give you the items for ur said work for it(even if u said or thought that u don't mind and work for the next pop).

I don't let pops go to waste and help other ls's that need it sure they wiped maybe they were trying something new, probably had new members, probably new to this endgame, <insert another excuse here>, etc, etc.

regular NMs or HNMs or w/eNMs (that aren't forced popped) that are unclaimed i see as fair play due to the fact that you basicly have to wait hours or w/e to get to em. But poopped (lolpoopjoke) NMs is crossing the line, I've helped plenty of ppl who wiped on NM pops and invite the people who were to get the items. sure its a waste of my time (as i see it) but i know what those people went through to get them items and know i wouldn't like to wipe and lose the "hard" earned items either.

as for items i could rly careless they're just virtual goods on the game and im recovering from a hangover atm :O

<insert ending qoute here>.
By Jaam 2010-04-07 09:17:22  
I may sound like I have no heart... But let's all just whine about it !

If a group wipes to an NM, it is fair game.

Ethics do not come into play, because it's a gawd damn game!

It would be like san fransisco fumbling a ball, the chargers recovering it, and giving them the damn ball back >.>

There is nothing unethical about keeping a fumbled ball... BECAUSE IT'S A FRICKEN GAME!

Real life =/= Video Game

Some of us can't tell the difference <.<

This is for all the people who cry cry cry and complain that something got stolen from them on a game, matter of fact we cant even call it stealing the mobs name went yellow its fair game to anyone. Camps get stolen(cause your pt sucks)then kids come back on their 75 job to kill all the mobs(talk about a no lifer) and plenty of you have done that cause you got MAD boohoo. Pops get stolen(gave them to others). Accounts get stolen(gave your password away). Why do people cry n complain and then go post on forums? What is your purpose for posting? that everyone can feel your pain? and hope that everyone keeps this so called culprit out their shells? or activities? lmao heres one of my favorite quotes "Good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people vice versa" if you wanna cry over something cry cause your bestfriend started goin out with your ex, which I cant seem to understand either you two dont go out anymore lmao.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-07 09:29:21  
Unicorn.Ixn said:
Looks like some of ya'll have some decency while others don't think of such a way.

Like some other pplz said we are dealing with rl ppl behind those characters. In truth you wouldn't like people to take your mob if its unclaimed or even worked a lil to get the pop items and not give you the items for ur said work for it(even if u said or thought that u don't mind and work for the next pop).

I don't let pops go to waste and help other ls's that need it sure they wiped maybe they were trying something new, probably had new members, probably new to this endgame, <insert another excuse here>, etc, etc.

regular NMs or HNMs or w/eNMs (that aren't forced popped) that are unclaimed i see as fair play due to the fact that you basicly have to wait hours or w/e to get to em. But poopped (lolpoopjoke) NMs is crossing the line, I've helped plenty of ppl who wiped on NM pops and invite the people who were to get the items. sure its a waste of my time (as i see it) but i know what those people went through to get them items and know i wouldn't like to wipe and lose the "hard" earned items either.

as for items i could rly careless they're just virtual goods on the game and im recovering from a hangover atm :O

<insert ending qoute here>.

I couldn't even get through that, you're post used such bad grammar. And the farming zeni to pop is not a valid argument, you're taking the same time they did to kill the monster and the same/or more work. No-one is obligated to help out with someones ZNM, or give the pop from a ZNM they claimed, however it's always nice when they do which most people would.

Edit: I couldn't make sense about the post above me. It had little to do with anything we were talking about, the OP was just asking our thoughts on it.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-07 10:10:17  
It's pretty sad that most of you think ZNMs are this difficult...

I Would MUCH rather Farm a few zeni (15 Minutes Tops for a Tier 1?) then camp a Lottery Spawn for 8 hours <.<;

Remora.Enialis
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Enialis 2010-04-07 11:24:14  
Sylph.Sindri said:
If the mob regenned to 100 then why should the wiping group be rewarded? Sure it was there pop but they didn't do any of the work.

So if I'm soloing something and I get it to 10% and die and it regens to 100% I didn't do any work? Does that mean I just wasted, let's say, an hour of my life by just standing there watching it hit me? Just trying to understand your reasoning there. Here's an example of how this reasoning doesn't work:

Dude A: Hey your sister is hot! I'm gonna try to do her.
Dude B procedes to put Dude A into a coma for 3 months. After three months Dude A wakes up and wants to press charges on Dude B. Dude B responds with: You regenned to 100. Sure it was my doing but I didn't do any of the work.

In this example we see that the logic is totally stupid and that Dude B should start pimping his sister out instead of getting pissy.

Thank you and good day.
By Jaam 2010-04-07 11:56:16  
what does it matter if it got stolen or not? If I wiped on my pop and someone stole it from me, I'll be damned pissed at myself for dying in the first place. Forget the fact it got stolen its my fault for dying.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-07 12:09:59  
Quote:
So if I'm soloing something and I get it to 10% and die and it regens to 100% I didn't do any work? Does that mean I just wasted, let's say, an hour of my life by just standing there watching it hit me? Just trying to understand your reasoning there. Here's an example of how this reasoning doesn't work:

Dude A: Hey your sister is hot! I'm gonna try to do her.
Dude B procedes to put Dude A into a coma for 3 months. After three months Dude A wakes up and wants to press charges on Dude B. Dude B responds with: You regenned to 100. Sure it was my doing but I didn't do any of the work.

In this example we see that the logic is totally stupid and that Dude B should start pimping his sister out instead of getting pissy.

Thank you and good day.

Yes. Yes you did. You can run a 500 lap race for 499 laps but if you don't finish that last lap, you don't win ergo you just wasted your time. Your example is a bad one. How about... Two friends meet a girl at a bar. Guy 1 starts hitting on her all night long but ultimately she wants nothing to do with him. Guy 2 comes up after Guy 1 fails and puts on the charm. She digs him and they both head back to her place. Guy 1 feels down... he did a lot of work but ended up empty-handed while Guy 2 is getting poon for very little work. Those are the facts of life.
[+]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2010-04-07 14:22:46  
Summing things up, it's kinda sad that things have gotten so out of hand. O_o

It should be pretty simple. If you can help, it would be the nice thing to help if you are able. By no means are you required to; if they wiped to a ZNM (which is kinda... eh, to begin with, excuses aside. Up to T3 the majority aren't that bad.) then they're dead. Enough said. They failed to win, they couldn't defeat it. If they're not getting up and zombieing to it, or trying to hold it, or something... well, if it's a full wipe and they're not going to win anyway, I repeat: Is it better to let it depop for nothing, or let someone else at least get the rewards, considering they'd probably give you the trophy you would have lost?

As a previous example stated, the view of this on a full wipe is "I can't have it, so neither can you." This is called selfishness, children. I sense a double standard here.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-04-07 15:07:23  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Have I cried? Or is that a wish I hear? Regardless. I just help people out. Not too much I want in this game. Ask Drevin lol.

Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeev!

Also, you fail hard at comebacks. But I must sleep. Till we meet again!
Bahamut.Serj said:
I cried! Regardless. There is not too much I can accomplish in this game. Ask Drevin lol.
Bahamut.Serj said:
Also, you fail hard at comebacks.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-07 19:07:43  
Valefor.Kensagaku said:
Summing things up, it's kinda sad that things have gotten so out of hand. O_o It should be pretty simple. If you can help, it would be the nice thing to help if you are able. By no means are you required to; if they wiped to a ZNM (which is kinda... eh, to begin with, excuses aside. Up to T3 the majority aren't that bad.) then they're dead. Enough said. They failed to win, they couldn't defeat it. If they're not getting up and zombieing to it, or trying to hold it, or something... well, if it's a full wipe and they're not going to win anyway, I repeat: Is it better to let it depop for nothing, or let someone else at least get the rewards, considering they'd probably give you the trophy you would have lost? As a previous example stated, the view of this on a full wipe is "I can't have it, so neither can you." This is called selfishness, children. I sense a double standard here.

Preach it.
 Bahamut.Drevin
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-04-07 20:25:27  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Have I cried? Or is that a wish I hear? Regardless. I just help people out. Not too much I want in this game. Ask Drevin lol. Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeev! Also, you fail hard at comebacks. But I must sleep. Till we meet again!
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Also, you fail hard at comebacks.
LOL Serj cried :DDDDDDDDDD
anyway >.>; now this is turning into a lets hate on people cus they don't think what i think forum <.< and... really... WHO CARES
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-04-07 20:30:41  
I love how the OP never mentioned which ZNM he died to.