フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Fast Cast Gear
Fast Cast Gear
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-07 19:17:29  
ITT: Person asks question, refuses to believe answer.

I think we're being trolled.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-07 19:17:31  
Dear god....

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

He must be trollin'.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-07 19:17:48  
Caitsith.Nonch said:
movement speed isnt a job trait, so it is your logic that is flawed Dasva
That in fact was the entire point. There is no job trait and yet it still enhances it.

Caitsith.Nonch said:
As a red mage who has fast cast as a JT, perhaps you could tell me your recast time for Protect 4.
Then a PLD with fast cast gear on could tell me their recast time for protect 4. I just want some evidence is all.
Pro IV is like the worst example you can use. It's base recast time is 5.75 sec. Which would go down to just over 5 sec for a nekkid rdm. And /recast can't see or do fractions of a second. ANd rdm has the trait so has more to begin with

A much better test would be Reraise with and w/o fast cast gear. However there is little point since this has been proven since like 2004
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2010-05-07 19:21:53  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Caitsith.Nonch said:
movement speed isnt a job trait, so it is your logic that is flawed Dasva As a red mage who has fast cast as a JT, perhaps you could tell me your recast time for Protect 4. Then a PLD with fast cast gear on could tell me their recast time for protect 4. I just want some evidence is all. And apologies to Endternius for misquoting your name.
That's a flawed test, RDM has higher Fast Cast naturally than a PLD would by adding gear. Try casting Utsusemi without Fast Cast gear, then again with it.
this will give you the answer you don't want to believe. get over it
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-05-07 19:23:28  
For the love of god please stop responding to this and bumping it to the top.

His question was answered by like a dozen people with the exact same response. There is no more discussion to be had. If you don't use any fast cast gear on paladin, level another job jfc.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-07 19:25:54  
Augment was actually added to things that changes what the JT or JA does.

Example, the SAM pants say Augment because it adds counter to Third Eye.

Enhances Fast Cast just makes the affect stronger and doesn't change it in anyway.

Only thing that has "enhances" but doesnt give you the JT afaik is Dual Wield.
 Caitsith.Nonch
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Nonch
By Caitsith.Nonch 2010-05-07 19:34:26  
I would but I dont own any fastcast gear yet :P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-07 19:41:21  
Caitsith.Nonch said:
I would but I dont own any fastcast gear yet :P
Troll level: mediocre
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-07 20:11:13  
Caitsith.Nonch said:
what is a troll?

Just take our word on it, Loq. earring etc give you fast cast on PLD.
Dont make a fool of yourself =p
[+]
 Siren.Jingles
サーバ: Siren
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-05-08 00:07:05  
Guys, I don't know if this is a troll... They have AGI and VIT merits.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-08 00:11:03  
-Bites Jingles-
 Siren.Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-05-08 00:14:47  
Siren.Enternius said:
-Bites Jingles-
D: Why so hate?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:17:50  
Worst troll ever

OR

Worst player ever
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 00:24:49  
Siren.Jingles said:

Well, if they're an absolute full-time pld with absolutely 0 intent of ever playing another job then i guess VIT and AGI merits are acceptable. VIT lowers damage taken and AGI raises shield block chance, parry, and evasion.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:26:20  
Caitsith.Nonch said:
*cries herself to sleep*

If you're not trolling then just accept Fast cast does effect PLD, it doesn't matter whether it's shown in JT list or not, It's like Double-Attack.
 Siren.Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-05-08 00:28:23  
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Well, if they're an absolute full-time pld with absolutely 0 intent of ever playing another job then i guess VIT and AGI merits are acceptable. VIT lowers damage taken and AGI raises shield block chance, parry, and evasion.

Except that STR merits would still benefit a Paladin more than those would, considering that VIT and AGI have pretty much no purpose when tanking /NIN (which is most of the time).
 Siren.Eclipsys
user: Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:33:57  
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Siren.Jingles said:

AGI affecting shield proc hasn't been proven. VIT is completely worthless. This isn't 2005.

In response to Nonch, you're a ritard.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-08 00:34:47  
Siren.Jingles said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Except that STR merits would still benefit a Paladin more than those would, considering that VIT and AGI have pretty much no purpose when tanking /NIN (which is most of the time).
Last time I checked some moves go thru utsusemi plds still get hit with melee attacks and you can still parry with utsusemi up. Oh and you know blocking is kinda nice since not only the dmg reduction but recasting ichi so agi still useful.

Vit wont do much but it will do something.
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:35:30  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Jingles said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Last time I checked some moves go thru utsusemi plds still get hit with melee attacks and you can still parry with utsusemi up. Oh and you know blocking is kinda nice since not only the dmg reduction but recasting ichi

I love when scrubs try to justify shitty merits.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-08 00:36:07  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Jingles said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Last time I checked some moves go thru utsusemi plds still get hit with melee attacks and you can still parry with utsusemi up. Oh and you know blocking is kinda nice since not only the dmg reduction but recasting ichi
I love bandwagoners
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-08 00:36:17  
I think Dasva's trolling.

God I hope Dasva's trolling. VIT merits are terribad and AGI merits are worse still.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:36:52  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Jingles said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:

Scrubs? Since when has this been a competitive game?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-08 00:38:10  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Eclipsys said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Jingles said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Since ballista!!!
 Siren.Eagleeyes
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-05-08 00:38:26  
postin in an lulz thread, ('=' )
[+]
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:39:27  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Get back to me when you actually know what you're talking about.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:39:34  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Eclipsys said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Jingles said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Since ballista!!!

HOLY *** ***BALLS BALLISTA NGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

[+]
 Leviathan.Duvessa
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 00:39:39  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Jingles said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:

The simple fact that they ARE justifiable should be enough. What else would a person who ONLY plays PLD ever put there attribute merits into? STR is the only one you could really argue its worth of... And even then, they're an Elvaan... They have plenty of STR. STR also has 0 effect on atonement... In fact, the only reason a pld would stack str is if they're hitting 0's... in which case attack would be the faster route. STR is not that effective of a merit for PLD, the end.

Besides, its not like they went out of their way to put a ton of merits into them. They have 1 merit in AGI, and 1 in VIT. Who cares? Let them play how they want. 2 STR instead of 1 vit and 1 agi wouldn't benefit them a noticeable amount at all.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8