Fast Cast Gear
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Jingles
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-05-08 00:39:53  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Last time I checked some moves go thru utsusemi plds still get hit with melee attacks and you can still parry with utsusemi up. Oh and you know blocking is kinda nice since not only the dmg reduction but recasting ichi so agi still useful.

Vit wont do much but it will do something.

Please be trolling. Please oh please oh please be trolling.
[+]
 Siren.Eclipsys
user: Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:40:53  
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
The simple fact that they ARE justifiable should be enough. What else would a person who ONLY plays PLD ever put there attribute merits into? STR is the only one you could really argue its worth of... And even then, they're an Elvaan... They have plenty of STR. STR also has 0 effect on atonement... In fact, the only reason a pld would stack str is if they're hitting 0's... in which case attack would be the faster route. STR is not that effective of a merit for PLD, the end.

Oh my goodness. Hiding information? You must be scared to show how scrubby you are.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:40:58  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Scrubs? Since when has this been a competitive game?

Get back to me when you actually know what you're talking about.

Unless you do PVP I don't see how this game is that competitive... Bots do all the claiming, and you're never really trying to out-do anyone unless it's for e-peen.

iirc Scrubs was generally a term used for the competitive FPS scene.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 00:43:07  
Name a single situation where 2 STR will be noticed at all for an atonement PLD in endgame? It won't. Ever.

The 1 agi and 1 vit merit they have won't be noticed at all. In the end, it doesn't matter.
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:43:43  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Unless you do PVP I don't see how this game is that competitive... Bots do all the claiming, and you're never really trying to out-do anyone unless it's for e-peen.

What does the history of the word "scrub" have to do with the fact you don't know what you're talking about?
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-08 00:43:57  
the 2 STR should do much for building up to to 100% TP. Much more then 1 agi/1 vit.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:44:51  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

What does the history of the word "scrub" have to do with the fact you don't know what you're talking about?

The fact that you're not justifying 'You don't know what you're talking about' seeing as I haven't contradicted you on any level, So I'm assuming that snipe is about the fact that I said this game isn't competitive or about the fact that the word scrub is predominately used in the FPS scene.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 00:46:01  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

What does the fact you have PLD 7 have to do with you knowing anything regarding the job? Everything.

Thus, you know nothing of what we're talking about, so stfu and go away~
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:46:01  
Well I can't seem to quote you. Sucks.

I don't think you would get it if I even explained it. The very fact you're attempting to make use of something innately useless is more than enough.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:46:45  
Please humour me anyway.

I'm sure that with your guidance I can learn what was so wrong with me saying the game isn't competitive and that the word scrub isn't a word generally used in the RPG scene.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-05-08 00:47:09  
I have 2 merits on DEX

('=' ) how does that make you feel
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 00:48:33  
Siren.Eclipsys said:

I don't think you would get it if I even explained it. The very fact you're attempting to make use of something innately useless is more than enough.

Proof of stupidity^

Shield Block & Parry are useless now guys! Go home.
All of you with aegis may as well quit, sorry :\
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:48:41  
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
I have 2 merits on DEX

You dirty elf
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:49:27  
Siren.Eclipsys said:

No please, I'm curious.
 Siren.Jingles
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-05-08 00:50:23  
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
The simple fact that they ARE justifiable should be enough. What else would a person who ONLY plays PLD ever put there attribute merits into? STR is the only one you could really argue its worth of... And even then, they're an Elvaan... They have plenty of STR. STR also has 0 effect on atonement... In fact, the only reason a pld would stack str is if they're hitting 0's... in which case attack would be the faster route. STR is not that effective of a merit for PLD, the end.

Part of building and keeping hate is dealing damage. Hence why most PLDs TP in things like Haub+1 and the new Nocturnus mail. If you're hitting for 0, you're not building TP for Atonement. STR raises your cap for damage while Attack allows you to reach that cap.

As I said, most of the time PLD goes /NIN to events where they should be taking minimal damage, if any. The 1 or 5 VIT would have little to no effect here, same with the 1 to 5 AGI. If your shadow timers are down, switch to a turtle build--Koenig (lots of +HP and VIT, far more than 5 VIT merits would do, plus shield on head) and PDT-. As for casting Utsu, the AGI would do little to anything for you there. That's why you just throw on pure shield skill, and fill in the holes with Haste and Fast Cast. Capped shield skill merits would be far more useful than AGI.
[+]
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:51:23  
@Duvessa

I love when people make that argument; PLD7 immediately discards a statement. I forgot I'm talking to a shitty gimper who is afraid to show her information. Let's try this again. You don't know what you're talking about. VIT is 2005 and is useless, all it is good for is getting a stronger cure. AGI has absolutely no proof in affecting shield proc.

With that said, I am failing to see where you know what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?

@Fli
You're a lost cause.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-08 00:51:49  
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
I have 2 merits on DEX
I used to have 1 in dex. Back when I was on thf alot.
Garuda.Mabrook said:
These tortillas and dip sure does taste good!

Please continue~
Better have enough for everyone

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:53:50  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
@Fli
You're a lost cause.

You seem to be using a common sub-conscious defensive mechanism called 'Avoidance' here.

Please explain to me unless you cannot.
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:54:44  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Just level backline jobs and merit str. You won't be "scrubby" then.

Oh you. You had to really look to find something to tack on to me didn't you?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-08 00:54:56  
Siren.Jingles said:
Part of building and keeping hate is dealing damage. Hence why most PLDs TP in things like Haub 1 and the new Nocturnus mail. If you're hitting for 0, you're not building TP for Atonement. STR raises your cap for damage while Attack allows you to reach that cap.
You really don't understand how melee dmg is calculated do you?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 00:56:23  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Just level backline jobs and merit str. You won't be "scrubby" then.

LOL
 Sylph.Vincentius
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-08 00:57:02  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
@Duvessa

I love when people make that argument; PLD7 immediately discards a statement. I forgot I'm talking to a shitty gimper who is afraid to show her information. Let's try this again. You don't know what you're talking about. VIT is 2005 and is useless, all it is good for is getting a stronger cure. AGI has absolutely no proof in affecting shield proc.

With that said, I am failing to see where you know what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?

@Fli
You're a lost cause.

... What?

I'm not attacking you, but that seems off. Way off.

Duvessa, stop defending mediocrity. In 2010, unless they started in 2009, nobody is a single job player anymore. AGI/VIT merits are stupid for every job OTHER than paladin. Don't defend this ***, it's a terrible idea. 2AGI is going to be less than a 1% increase on anything that matters when it comes to shield blocking, and VIT even more useless still. Please just stop. You're perpetuating the stupid in here.

-edit- I had no idea VIT effected cures, and I'm sad that it even remotely works that way. My apologies. Learn something new every day. Still not a viable reason for VIT merits.
[+]
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:57:46  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
You seem to be using a common sub-conscious defensive mechanism called 'Avoidance' here.

Please explain to me unless you cannot.

Oh hello attention ***. You keep barking for my attention so I'll give it to you. The game has always been competitive. Getting drops, outlotting people for certain items, winning in ballista, claiming HNMs, claiming normal NMs, etc.

I see competition in all of those instances. If you don't see it it's because you, as I said before, don't know what you're talking about.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-05-08 00:58:42  
Everyone in here is a scrub?

Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 00:59:20  
Asura.Bartimaeus said: