users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Fast Cast Gear
Fast Cast Gear
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-08 01:56:09  
And just how much quicker will 2str kill something?

I mean the str difference between a taru pld/nin and an elvaan pld/nin is 11

Are we gonna start telling taru they can't come as pld because we won't be able to kill fast enough?
 Leviathan.Duvessa
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 01:58:45  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
VIT does nothing if you're blink tanking. Btw, is everyone on Leviathan as much of a pussy as you are with showing how much you haven't accomplished or know? Oh wait, they're not. It's just you.

We've already been over this... But you're too stupid to understand. So let me take a screenshot for you, since maybe a picture will help someone as dense as you understand.

http://j.imagehost.org/0090/Untitleda.jpg

As you can clearly see, i have my information submitted but due to an error with the site my info stopped showing up. It's set up. i've told you this... Now maybe you can understand.
 Siren.Marth
サーバ: Siren
user: Marth
By Siren.Marth 2010-05-08 01:58:57  
Since this thread has trailed away from it's original intent and turned into high school drama that amuses everyone due to it's stupidity..

How is everyone doing today?!

Me, I'm fine thanks for asking. I slice my ear pretty badly and can't use my headset to talk to my firend's in Ventrillo right now, but I'm ok!

Your turn random people!

Proper grammer is cool kids. Don't make your english teachers cry any longer. :3
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-08 01:59:38  
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-08 02:00:45  
Siren.Marth said:
Since this thread has trailed away from it's original intent and turned into high school drama that amuses everyone due to it's stupidity..

Me, I'm fine thanks for asking. I slice my ear pretty badly and can't use my headset to talk to my firend's in Ventrillo right now, but I'm ok!

Your turn random people!

Proper grammer is cool kids. Don't make your english teachers cry any longer. :3

You're a pain in the *** to face on Brawl :(
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 02:00:52  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:

Quoted so i can see two simultaneous train crashes. :3

Btw, that's a short train.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-08 02:01:05  
Quote:
2 VIT = 1 Defense. Removes 1 base damage 50% of the time.
I believe the merits in question involve 1 VIT, but regardless this point is seeing a small detail at the expense of the big picture. How often is that 1 VIT making the difference between life and death?
Quote:
Same effect, reversed. Once again, counterargument made within your post.
You're placing meaningless weight on your ability to do this rather than making a critical assessment of application and value. I'd appreciate your next response actually making points that matter as opposed to potshots that ignore the realities of tanking in FFXI.
Quote:
If a PLD's going to hit a 0, it's a very slim chance (And i mean very) that 2 str will make them hit a 1. It means the mobs VIT and DEF are too high to begin with for the PLD's current state. Adding 2 str almost all of the time will make 0 difference.
It's not even about the difference between hits for 0 and 1. It's the fact that 1 attack raises your pDIF by some amount, which means your average damage is raised by an according amount, thus leading to more damage dealt and a monster that is dead by some amount sooner. For all intents and purposes the VIT merit had no impact on the course of a fight if it did not save your life. As a fellow tank (though not on PLD), I can't remember the last time I died to a physical attack with a margin of ~1-5 HP. It just doesn't happen all that often, because 1) I don't die much and 2) I generally get hit by quite a bit more than that so the chance of death by that margin is very low due to the potential overkill range. The only condition for STR merits mattering is that you contribute at least some damage during the fight.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2010-05-08 02:01:54  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Siren.Marth said:

Your turn random people!

Damn, it's been a while since I've played that. People still play online matches a lot?
 Siren.Eclipsys
user: Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 02:02:19  
I honestly didn't look at your picture. Mainly because it's funny making you mad.
 Siren.Marth
By Siren.Marth 2010-05-08 02:02:42  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Siren.Marth said:
Since this thread has trailed away from it's original intent and turned into high school drama that amuses everyone due to it's stupidity.. How is everyone doing today?! Me, I'm fine thanks for asking. I slice my ear pretty badly and can't use my headset to talk to my firend's in Ventrillo right now, but I'm ok! Your turn random people! Proper grammer is cool kids. Don't make your english teachers cry any longer. :3

You're just jealous that you're not as awsome as I am! ; ;
 Siren.Jingles
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-05-08 02:03:12  
@Duvessa As Nightfyre has clearly stated, multiple times, VIT and AGI won't do jack ***if you're blink tanking /NIN. Your shadows will be down for a couple seconds on occasions. Then it's more beneficial to simply stack on HP, PDT-, VIT, and Shield gear, rather than rely on one or two VIT or AGI merits to save your life. As for VIT helping with cures, a cure cheat macro is more based on switching from -HP to +HP, and most of the highest +HP comes from Koenig gear (which has VIT!). The 1 merit isn't going to help. As Blind said, those two merit points would have better benefited the OP in other slots.

@Blindphleb I know, right? I mean, I'll be doing STR merits soon, but that's more for my WAR than anything. But I only have 66 base VIT! Maybe I should delevel my PLD and quit altogether! D:

And with that, I'm done for tonight. Sorry I derailed the thread so miserably. But I think the OP got their answer within the first couple responses.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 02:03:36  
fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I believe the merits in question involve 1 VIT, but regardless this point is seeing a small detail at the expense of the big picture.

The only reason 2 str was brought up was because the OP has 1 vit and 1 agi merit. I said 2 str instead of 1 in each of those wouldnt really make any difference at all. So if you're trying to compare VIT and STR exclusively, the values must be equal.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-08 02:03:44  
Are you really a Mithra Nightfyre? I remember you posting pics to that effect but you never stick pics of your char anywhere it seems :(
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-08 02:03:44  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Siren.Marth said:

Your turn random people!

I was a Marth main in SSBM =D Not so much in Brawl though... I actually liked Wolf better.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-08 02:05:04  
I play Ike mainly just because he's fun. I don't think he's all that amazing but it's so satisfying just absolutely decimating someone at 30% or something stupid.

Marth is of course horrendously difficult for Ike since he is fast AND strong. Ho hum.

Tried playing it online a few times but gave up due to the horrendous lag <_<
 Siren.Marth
By Siren.Marth 2010-05-08 02:05:50  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Siren.Marth said:
Since this thread has trailed away from it's original intent and turned into high school drama that amuses everyone due to it's stupidity.. How is everyone doing today?! Me, I'm fine thanks for asking. I slice my ear pretty badly and can't use my headset to talk to my firend's in Ventrillo right now, but I'm ok! Your turn random people! Proper grammer is cool kids. Don't make your english teachers cry any longer. :3
I was a Marth main in SSBM =D Not so much in Brawl though... I actually liked Wolf better.

Wolf is great, but as my name suggests, Marth for life. Pit is my second guy though.

I found Roy on Siren too, that was fun.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 02:06:08  
Jingles, we've already proven you know nothing of the actual mechanics of the game. Besides, if 1 additional stat point didn't matter, then almost none of the HQ items would ever sell. Also, a PLD won't cap Cure 4, which is the most hate per mp spent of any cure spell, without gear for it. This means they need vit/mnd/etc. This is quite commonly placed in slots where other optimal gear is not readily available (such as enmity+).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-08 02:06:41  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Are you really a Mithra Nightfyre? I remember you posting pics to that effect but you never stick pics of your char anywhere it seems :(
No, that was my mule ; ; Hume 1B.

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I believe the merits in question involve 1 VIT, but regardless this point is seeing a small detail at the expense of the big picture.

The only reason 2 str was brought up was because the OP has 1 vit and 1 agi merit. I said 2 str instead of 1 in each of those wouldnt really make any difference at all. So if you're trying to compare VIT and STR exclusively, the values must be equal.
Who said I was exclusively comparing STR and VIT? I can do that if you like and my position won't change, but my argument has been made from the frame of the 3 STR 1 VIT 1 AGI merits in question.

Also,
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'd appreciate your next response actually making points that matter as opposed to potshots
Derp. Yous trollin?
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 02:06:43  
You just used a double negative superior linguist.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2010-05-08 02:06:49  
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Jingles, we've already proven you know nothing of the actual mechanics of the game. Besides, if 1 additional stat point didn't matter, then almost no HQ items would never sell. Also, a PLD won't cap Cure 4, which is the most hate per mp spent of any cure spell, without gear for it. This means they need vit/mnd/etc.

Stop trying to derail.

I remember the first Super Smash Bros. when Kirby was awesome. I miss that.
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 02:07:40  
I do too Mcclane :( Ness was awesome back then. Still my main to this day.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-08 02:07:52  
Quote:
No, that was my mule ; ; Hume 1B.

:((( I feel your pain.

Oh! I forgot. I also love annoying people with Falco. He's so fast and evasive - I used to just play hit and run all day. Good fun.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-08 02:07:53  
Siren.Eclipsys said:
You just used a double negative superior linguist.

Point it out?
 Siren.Marth
By Siren.Marth 2010-05-08 02:07:54  
Kirby is still awsome!
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2010-05-08 02:08:47  
Kirby is too light and gets thrown around too easily :/
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-08 02:09:03  
My sister used to always eat me with Kirby and fly off of the stage. SO ANNOYING AND CHEAP WTF
[+]
 Siren.Marth
By Siren.Marth 2010-05-08 02:09:38  
We need Mewtwo back god damnit. He was awsome.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-08 02:09:43  
This thread is now about SSBB.
Raenryong said:
I play Ike mainly just because he's fun. I don't think he's all that amazing but it's so satisfying just absolutely decimating someone at 30% or something stupid.

Marth is of course horrendously difficult for Ike since he is fast AND strong. Ho hum.

Tried playing it online a few times but gave up due to the horrendous lag <_<
I played Ike for a while but gave up on him. I hate slow characters. Marth's style in SSBM suited mine perfectly, but he felt just slow enough in Brawl that I wasn't as comfortable with him. So of course I moved to a slower character >_> Go figure. Wolf has great spacing and decent pressure as I recall though, plus he's pretty strong...
 Siren.Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-08 02:10:58  
Idk Duvessa. When you go in and edit it like the little pussy you are it's hard to find it.

I hated that too Raen =/ My friend would do that all the time. Kirby was such a boss back in the original. Then he just became... almost baby-like.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-08 02:11:10  
I just love the way Ike punishes. One mistake and you're GONE. Counter is also very tasty if you're good with timing though Ike's recovery options are kinda bad (combined with the fact he lunges enthusiastically a lot, me and my friends who played to this day use the verb "to Ike", meaning to accidentally kill yourself).
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8