Awesome player warning~ Defabe
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:23:44  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Also fyi there is a screen that pops up showing you the amount you bid AND showing you the item you bid on (if selling, screen pops up asking to confirm you want to sell X item for Y amount) asking you if you're sure you want to proceed. Is it anyone's fault but yourself that you didn't read this screen and just blindly approved the mistake you just made? NO Would it be nice that someone is willing to clean up after your dumbass and give you the money back? OF COURSE. Do you have the right to talk ***about them and say they're d-bags if they don't? NOPE. You forfeited that right when you clicked yes on the pop up screen AFTER bidding incorrectly. Be responsible for your actions instead of pointing the finger at others.

Thats the third time you have posted the same thing. It does not matter how many precautions are in place to prevent this happening, mistakes will always be made. Is it your mistake? yes. Is it the fault of the person who received the gil? no, but the fact that you are trying to justify capitalising on the mistakes of others instead of actually helping them is pathetic.

And that's the third time you've stated that the person receiving the gil is capitalising from it. If I had millions upon millions of gil I wouldn't give someone their money back. I don't reward carelessness.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-24 11:24:55  
On topic:

If someone bought an item of mine for alot more (like let's say 100k instead of 10k) i'd probably give him the rest back, unless it's someone who's been a jerk to me before then i'd go {I'm Sorry}
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 11:31:44  
What you are both failing to realise is that I am not defending the person who overbid on the item, indeed it is careless however there are factors mentioned before that can cause a slip up (lag being the worst). I am merely stating that you should think about the hard work that person put into obtaining their gil that you are so happy to destroy. It does not matter if it was a mistake or not, just don't be an *** about it, have a little respect and do a nice thing, why is that so difficult for you?

I'd much rather do a nice thing for someone regardless of how stupid the mistake was, than take advantage of it to make a quick buck.

[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-24 11:34:08  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Also fyi there is a screen that pops up showing you the amount you bid AND showing you the item you bid on (if selling, screen pops up asking to confirm you want to sell X item for Y amount) asking you if you're sure you want to proceed. Is it anyone's fault but yourself that you didn't read this screen and just blindly approved the mistake you just made? NO Would it be nice that someone is willing to clean up after your dumbass and give you the money back? OF COURSE. Do you have the right to talk ***about them and say they're d-bags if they don't? NOPE. You forfeited that right when you clicked yes on the pop up screen AFTER bidding incorrectly. Be responsible for your actions instead of pointing the finger at others.

Thats the third time you have posted the same thing. It does not matter how many precautions are in place to prevent this happening, mistakes will always be made. Is it your mistake? yes. Is it the fault of the person who received the gil? no, but the fact that you are trying to justify capitalising on the mistakes of others instead of actually helping them is pathetic.

His argument's water thin at this point, and I gave up arguing with him once the names started flying. I wouldn't worry much about it tbh. ^^
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:34:41  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
What you are both failing to realise is that I am not defending the person who overbid on the item, indeed it is careless however there are factors mentioned before that can cause a slip up (lag being the worst). I am merely stating that you should think about the hard work that person put into obtaining their gil that you are so happy to destroy. It does not matter if it was a mistake or not, just don't be an *** about it, have a little respect and do a nice thing, why is that so difficult for you?

I'd much rather do a nice thing for someone regardless of how stupid the mistake was, than take advantage of it to make a quick buck.

You are implying two things.

1) They worked hard for the money. As far as I know he could have obtained it through one KSNM

2) That I'm taking the money to make a quick buck. Like I said, the gil is pocket change. I'm not pandering to someone's carelessness, and I'm certainly not allowing him not to learn from his mistakes.

Yes it means that I'm a *** for doing so, but I've never refuted that. You are arguing for the sake of arguing.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:35:41  
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Siren.Catabolic said:

His argument's water thin at this point, and I gave up arguing with him once the names started flying. I wouldn't worry much about it tbh. ^^

He has a point though, you shouldn't have been so careless. Lag is the cause for the first mistake, but you should have been aware instead of pointing the finger at the guy you bought it off.
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-24 11:36:59  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

You've been kind enough to point out how many times I repeat things. Did you notice the part where SE fixed the lag mistake issue by adding a screen that asks if you're sure you want to purchase X for Y amount?

I've stated in multiple posts I most likely would return the money. I just have little respect for someone who would be so quick to lash out at the person keeping the money when in all honesty they have done nothing wrong.

Edit. Them giving you the money back is an act of kindness that they weren't morally obligated to do. If they tricked you into buying something you didn't want or were purposefully misleading you then yes, they were obligated and were preying on victims. The people you are name calling did none of those things. They have extra money (or less if selling) because YOU failed. Which is human nature and everyone does from time to time, but blame yourself and learn from your mistakes instead of blaming all of your lifes slip ups on others.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-24 11:39:17  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Siren.Catabolic said:

He has a point though, you shouldn't have been so careless. Lag is the cause for the first mistake, but you should have been aware instead of pointing the finger at the guy you bought it off.

It actually was a little slip-up thankfully, not more than maybe 20k or so. Just was stating it as a possible cause for someone to lose a mil gil that might have cost them a month's worth of game time to farm up, you never know.

There's other things that can cause a mistake like that too; being distracted, being drunk... although if you're drunk at the time then I guess you just have to deal with whatever stupid stuff you did while drunk lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-24 11:44:56  
Is it "nice" to give/get it back, absolutely. Is it "wrong" not to? According to a lot of people in this thread, yes. But I wonder how many of you would, for example, pay your electric bill if they forgot to send it to you. Or if you bought something for $23.99 and the charged you $22.99, how many would fix that? A lot of people said it's not about the amount, it's the right vs wrong, so... who really would?

It's a mistake, an accident. Hurts one person, benefits another. What about this? Are you obligated to not take advantage of another's accident?

[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-24 11:51:29  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Is it "nice" to give/get it back, absolutely. Is it "wrong" not to? According to a lot of people in this thread, yes. But I wonder how many of you would, for example, pay your electric bill if they forgot to send it to you. Or if you bought something for $23.99 and the charged you $22.99, how many would fix that? A lot of people said it's not about the amount, it's the right vs wrong, so... who really would?

It's a mistake, an accident. Hurts one person, benefits another. What about this? Are you obligated to not take advantage of another's accident?

This is exactly the point. Willing to nearly guarantee everyone on this thread who has name called the person who kept the money not say a word to at least one of the things mentioned in your post. So keep throwing stones from a glass house.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 11:52:05  
Well this is clearly going in circles.

I just think the world would be a better place if people were honest and done a good thing for one another once in a while.

Clearly I'm in the minority.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:53:48  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

I just think the world would be a better place if people were honest and done a good thing for one another once in a while.

You'll find the world is full ***-holes, the concept 'nice guys finish last' may be false in some cases, but in the terms of finance, it is completely true.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-24 11:56:36  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

I'm just one of those people that, it's not so much whether I'm doing the right thing, but I tend to think about what if I come across this person later. It's such a little thing, and your creating an enemy out of something that just isn't worth it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 11:57:48  
I would probably give the money back.
But only if they used their pleases and thank-yous.

I just am not selfish enough to justify getting money that I did not earn myself.
Not saying this to be contrary or step on any toes. Just how I see it :/
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-24 11:59:07  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

Funny thing is I agree with returning the money. I just don't agree with people acting pompous and 'holier than thou' when someone in this situation doesn't return it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 12:27:16  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
You'll find the world is full ***-holes

It’s clear to me only a broke *** person that can’t make a sufficient and steady income in the real world and in the game world who pull this card out (or excuse) by saying “I am a douche deal with it“. or “Tough Luck”

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 12:30:21  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It’s clear to me only a broke *** person that can’t make a sufficient and steady income in the real world and in the game world who pull this card out (or excuse) by saying “I am a douche deal with it“. or “Tough Luck”

Just a total lack of compassion, IMO.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:30:49  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Nope. If I was a millionaire I wouldn't give someone money back. Pocket change is still helpful, even if it's only 1 mil.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 12:32:31  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I really don't think assuming things work in situations like this.
There are what like almost 7 billion people on the world.
Now if you hadn't elaborated into calling him poor and ineffective you may have made a better point.
here's what you should have said:
Flion is selfish.

Not that I see anything wrong with being selfish.
I just think that saying that he is a bad person and that he is poor..etc is counterproductive in proving points.

and now quoting what he said while I was typing this:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Nope. If I was a millionaire I wouldn't give someone money back. Pocket change is still helpful, even if it's only 1 mil.

I know a lot of "old money" that operate on the same basis that they do.
The rich stay rich for a reason you know :/
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:34:35  
I've never refuted that I'm selfish. I'm not a thief though.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 12:36:59  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I've never refuted that I'm selfish. I'm not a thief though.
That's my point though.
Calling you poor/not well off is just an unfounded assumption.
That and there are lots of different types of people like that.
I'm actually a bit offended by the poor remark because those are my roots and I'm pretty much saintly when it comes to money...lol.

Prejudice is baaaaaaaad.
baaaaaaad~*sheep*
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 12:39:22  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Wouldn’t that make you a Jew?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 12:40:13  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

No, he needs to at least own ABC to be considered Jewish monetarily.

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 12:40:58  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

MM I love the smell of antisemitism in the morning.

He's still angry over his Reverend mail thread getting derailed.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 12:42:24  
Yaaaay let's derail this thread with personal attack!

Anywho.
I haven't replied on the topic at hand.
Defabe is a pretty cool guy.
Props to ya :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:42:49  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'd prefer to be a Jew, than HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 12:45:57  
Fairy.Spence said:
He's still angry over his Reverend mail thread getting derailed.

Why would I be mad? The views went sky high for that thread.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7