Luzl?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 13:29:30  
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Leviathan.Helix said:
Well this is a fun topic so here's my two cents: Scenario #1 - Someone paid too much for an item. As the receiver of the gil, you're gonna know what you had it up for sale at and what you got. If you had something for say...10k and you rec'd 100k, well thats obviously an error where the buyer rolled over one digit too many. If they were to approach me and ask nice, sure, I'd give the balance back. If they don't ask, i'm not going to spend my time running them down to give them a refund for their mistake. Scenario #2 - Someone buys the wrong thing. If they approached me and ask for a return/refund I'd probably inform them they are welcome to put it right back up for sale on the AH. If they are real nice and in need, I might consider it, with a deduct for the AH fee to put it back up for sale. The world is not always a fair place. It's good when people are nice and fair, but don't expect people to wipe your *** if you ***your pants...

Actually.. Overbidding at AH is nothing like what you just said.

Here is a better scenario..

I go to a store, and carry a coke up to the counter that costs $1. But when I pull my wallet out, I accidently drop it on the counter, and $300 spills out.
Here's a scenario a real scenario:

I buy this Armoire at this local Auction a few towns down, I am completely drunk as ***and I decided to take all my money with me and roll around town to buy ***.
I then see this amazing looking armoire and I see people putting up their little paddles..I call em paddles and I see the guy in the front spouting gibberish.
But you see I notice that the guy that's spouting gibberish escalates his voice every time I raise my paddle.
So i raise that *** as often as I can!

And I pay 37K for this $300 armoire.
Is it their fault that I was drunk as ***and that I bidded over?
Would they give me my money back for it? Probably not.

You don't need to make a scenario when the subject is something you can already make actual scenarios for.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 13:29:31  
Shiva.Flionheart.Cry said:

Luzl?

Nice quote...
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 13:31:02  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Nice quote...

Thank you.
[+]
By Eurra 2010-08-24 13:31:22  
Leviathan.Helix said:
Well this is a fun topic so here's my two cents: Scenario #1 - Someone paid too much for an item. As the receiver of the gil, you're gonna know what you had it up for sale at and what you got. If you had something for say...10k and you rec'd 100k, well thats obviously an error where the buyer rolled over one digit too many. If they were to approach me and ask nice, sure, I'd give the balance back. If they don't ask, i'm not going to spend my time running them down to give them a refund for their mistake. Scenario #2 - Someone buys the wrong thing. If they approached me and ask for a return/refund I'd probably inform them they are welcome to put it right back up for sale on the AH. If they are real nice and in need, I might consider it, with a deduct for the AH fee to put it back up for sale. The world is not always a fair place. It's good when people are nice and fair, but don't expect people to wipe your *** if you ***your pants...

I go to a store, and carry a coke up to the counter that costs $1. But when I pull my wallet out, I accidently drop it on the counter, and $300 spills out.

Its not like they will take your money - for one, there are camera's in more stores. So if one dime is missing from your count/what can be seen on the camera - guess what... people who stole that dime - silly as it sounds can be changed with petty theft.

And its not like the value of the coke magically goes up because you have more money in your wallet. Its still $1. Now if you handed over lets say a $5 instead of the 1, and you didn't realize it, nor did the clerk - again consort the camera's - but otherwise yes... that coke just cost you $5
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 13:31:56  
I think we've exhausted this subject ~

I think most of us have acknowledged that Flion wasn't wrong to keep the gil, but it was sort of an *** move, which he admitted he is.

Done?

Oh, your RL scenarios are also irrelephant!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Eurra 2010-08-24 13:32:30  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Helix said:

Here's a scenario a real scenario:

I buy this Armoire at this local Auction a few towns down, I am completely drunk as ***and I decided to take all my money with me and roll around town to buy ***.
I then see this amazing looking armoire and I see people putting up their little paddles..I call em paddles and I see the guy in the front spouting gibberish.
But you see I notice that the guy that's spouting gibberish escalates his voice every time I raise my paddle.
So i raise that *** as often as I can!

And I pay 37K for this $300 armoire.
Is it their fault that I was drunk as ***and that I bidded over?
Would they give me my money back for it? Probably not.

You don't need to make a scenario when the subject is something you can already make actual scenarios for.

This, thank you.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-08-24 13:32:38  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cry some more.
I'm not crying! I'm only arguing that it doesn't make you an ***.
I think the word you used was 'pathetic' but the point is, I'd keep the money no matter what. I know I'm an *** though so meh.

That is what I said. It wouldn't make you an ***. It would make you pathetic.

Why?

Because if you actually came into a confrontation with the guy face to face.. You would probably piss yourself.

Edit: Well.. You would atleast give the money back.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 13:32:44  
Fairy.Spence said:

I think most of us have acknowledged that Flion wasn't wrong to keep the gil, but it was sort of an *** move, which he admitted he is.

Done?
I think I'm just getting hung up on the fact that all these examples aren't good examples when dealing with AH lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 13:32:44  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Nice quote...

Thank you.

You are a hypocrite :D
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 13:33:19  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cry some more.
I'm not crying! I'm only arguing that it doesn't make you an ***.
I think the word you used was 'pathetic' but the point is, I'd keep the money no matter what. I know I'm an *** though so meh.

That is what I said. It wouldn't make you an ***. It would make you pathetic.

Why?

Because if you actually came into a confrontation with the guy face to face.. You would probably piss yourself.

But I'd still keep the money. Again, assumptions.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 13:33:23  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Done?
I think I'm just getting hung up on the fact that all these examples aren't good examples when dealing with AH lol.

I snuck in an edit >.<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 13:35:18  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I know I'm an *** though so meh.

:P
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 13:37:03  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Nah…

I am just an ***.

Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-08-24 13:37:24  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Helix said:
Actually.. Overbidding at AH is nothing like what you just said. Here is a better scenario.. I go to a store, and carry a coke up to the counter that costs $1. But when I pull my wallet out, I accidently drop it on the counter, and $300 spills out.
Here's a scenario a real scenario: I buy this Armoire at this local Auction a few towns down, I am completely drunk as ***and I decided to take all my money with me and roll around town to buy ***. I then see this amazing looking armoire and I see people putting up their little paddles..I call em paddles and I see the guy in the front spouting gibberish. But you see I notice that the guy that's spouting gibberish escalates his voice every time I raise my paddle. So i raise that *** as often as I can! And I pay 37K for this $300 armoire. Is it their fault that I was drunk as ***and that I bidded over? Would they give me my money back for it? Probably not. You don't need to make a scenario when the subject is something you can already make actual scenarios for.

Fail. The guy who overbid wasn't drunk.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 13:38:24  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Nah…

I am just an ***.

Nope. you're a hypocrite.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 13:40:25  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Nope. I am just an ***.
 Shiva.Borealis
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-24 13:40:51  
butsecks
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 13:41:00  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Nope. I am just an ***.

You don't understand the definition of hypocrite, do you?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 13:46:25  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

Being drunk at an auction can be totally different than you know.. lagging.

Sometimes. x:
Well...I just gave a real life scenario, I made being drunk as an example because I've overbid on something in game while drunk before..lol
In regards to the lag...Don't bring 3 mil with you when you are trying to buy something that's not worth 3mil?
That's what the [spoiler}"I buy this Armoire at this local Auction a few towns down, I am completely drunk as ***and I decided to take all my money with me and roll around town to buy ***."[/spoiler] portion was about.

That's why I buy stuff on my alts that don't have all my money :/
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 13:46:34  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Do you understand the definition when someone is been or is an ***?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 13:49:23  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Do you understand the definition when someone is been or is an ***?
I think what he means is that he acknowledges that he's an *** and he trumps you with the "you're a hypocrite" card.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 13:50:55  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I think what he means is that he acknowledges that he's an *** and he trumps you with the "you're a hypocrite" card.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 13:51:27  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

LOLUSOFUNNIWITDAPEECTURZ
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-24 13:54:31  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
LOLUSOFUNNIWITDAPEECTURZ

I learn the ability to have a sense of humor.

True story.

[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 13:56:32  
I guess it's all a little too highbrow for us, huh.
 Leviathan.Helix
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-08-24 13:57:06  
Leviathan.Helix said:
Well this is a fun topic so here's my two cents:

Scenario #1 - Someone paid too much for an item. As the receiver of the gil, you're gonna know what you had it up for sale at and what you got. If you had something for say...10k and you rec'd 100k, well thats obviously an error where the buyer rolled over one digit too many. If they were to approach me and ask nice, sure, I'd give the balance back. If they don't ask, i'm not going to spend my time running them down to give them a refund for their mistake.

Scenario #2 - Someone buys the wrong thing. If they approached me and ask for a return/refund I'd probably inform them they are welcome to put it right back up for sale on the AH. If they are real nice and in need, I might consider it, with a deduct for the AH fee to put it back up for sale. The world is not always a fair place. It's good when people are nice and fair, but don't expect people to wipe your *** if you ***your pants...

I see your point to a point.

Like another person used as an example: Real world Auctions. Try telling them you made a mistake and really didn't mean to bid that high and you'd like your money back...good luck with that.

The convenience store analogy doesn't quite fit tho...the convenience has stock items and fixed prices...(just like buying from an NPC in game).

People frequent the in-game auction houses for several reason, sometimes an item can be found no where else, or sometimes they are trying to buy an item they "could" get from an NPC but hoping for a deal.

If you in a big hurry cause your lolibri meripo party is waiting or you're about to start a nyzul climb and need food and you hurry and drop in a price only later to find you spent 300k on a stack of 30k food...guess who's fault that is...not the person who put it up for sale at 30k.

Go to a real world auction house or even a pawn shop...you will inevitably see a sign that says "all sales are final".

Sure someone "might" be nice and work a deal with you for a refund, but do not expect it.

As said above, don't "expect" someone to wipe your *** cause you made a mistake and ***your pants...if they do, great for you...If they don't...well you really shouldn't get mad at them...you are the one who ***yourself...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-24 13:57:56  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
LOLUSOFUNNIWITDAPEECTURZ

I learn the ability to have a sense of humor.

True story.

post "lol funny gif" does not equal sense of humor.
4chan is an example of that.
Leviathan.Helix said:

I see your point to a point.

Like another person used as an example: Real world Auctions. Try telling them you made a mistake and really didn't mean to bid that high and you'd like your money back...good luck with that.

The convenience store analogy doesn't quite fit tho...the convenience has stock items and fixed prices...(just like buying from an NPC in game).

People frequent the in-game auction houses for several reason, sometimes an item can be found no where else, or sometimes they are trying to buy an item they "could" get from an NPC but hoping for a deal.

If you in a big hurry cause your lolibri meripo party is waiting or you're about to start a nyzul climb and need food and you hurry and drop in a price only later to find you spent 300k on a stack of 30k food...guess who's fault that is...not the person who put it up for sale at 30k.

Go to a real world auction house or even a pawn shop...you will inevitably see a sign that says "all sales are final".

Sure someone "might" be nice and work a deal with you for a refund, but do not expect it.

As said above, don't "expect" someone to wipe your *** cause you made a mistake and ***your pants...if they do, great for you...If they don't...well you really shouldn't get mad at them...you are the one who ***yourself...
This. Definitely.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7