First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Masekase
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-28 07:14:39  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Wait, Flion, why do you have gimp gear if ONE MILLION GIL is pocket change to you? I have 3 mil currently and the most I've ever had at once is 4 million and my gear is completely acceptable. Regardless, I am pretty disgusted by the quality of human beings trolling around here. I have been on both sides of the situation, and you know what? It's not that hard or even time-consuming to find out who bought bee spatha from you for 7,000,000 gil. You go to the auction house or check FFXIAH. Oh hey, we're there now. There is a very, very small amount of effort involved. Now that you're at the auction house or near one (which you should be because you just received a large amount amount of money in your mog house), you send the money via a delivery box. If you have hands, eyes, internet and final fantasy xi, this process should take less than four minutes. Also, Flion, I don't understand why you are preaching self-righteousness by saying that you are teaching people lessons, but then calling yourself an ***. It's either one or the other, bud. You can't do someone right by doing them wrong, though I'm sure many people would beg to differ. I think it's disgusting that you would willingly *** a complete stranger out of their potentially hard-earned X in a video game, a place for leisure. Is it really fair to crucify someone over accidentally pressing the wrong button?
Wall-o-text :) Oh, and I know I'm late to the party. :<

Firstly, Money isn't the only thing needed for gear, You have to get gear from events.

Secondly, I'm an *** and providing lessons, The person who doesn't get the money back will be FAR less likely to make the same mistake again.

And if this money means a lot to someone, I think it's disgusting that they'd be so careless with it. I'd hate to see them in a job where they needed to pay attention.

If someone gives the money back that is upto them. There is protection methods available on AH to prevent mistake purchases.

Yes I have been in that boat to and accidently purchased something over price and got gil back.

I have also been on other side and not got gil back.

The only person I blamed on both occcasions was myself for a stupid mistake.

What did I learn dont buy anything from AH after a night out.

I have also had things bought from me well over the price. ie 100k instead of 10k they never asked for it back. I would of probably taken the 10k and returned rest if they had.

Now in flions defence if it had been 1mil instead of 100k I would of probably took the 100k for the item and an additional 100k reward for giving them back 800k. Him not returning any gil is totally upto him.

On other argument if i managed to purchase a kraken club for 100gil as someone pointed out.
Then yes unless it is a friend in game or linkshell member then they can whistle for it.

Also if I see it in a bazzar for 40k instead of 40mill same as above applies.
[+]
 Asura.Kosmik
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2010-08-28 07:28:46  
Dissonant, you can't reason with this fool.
He is in one thread claiming to be sticking up for the "poor souls" who got screwed out of abyssea chest items by some douche, then in this thread he is being the same kind of douche himself.

Someone makes a mistake like that with a large enough amount of gil, they are not likely to make the same mistake again, whether you return the gil or not.
If you return it they would probably, say damn I got lucky that time, lets make sure that doesn't happen again.
They might even say, Hey that Flion dude isn't so bad...but then pigs would fly I guess.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-08-28 07:44:50  
Flion, quit being Flion.

@OP.
That's a nice player, not many of those still play this game.

Personally I would do the same thing except I would probably give refund for arctic. I personally spend all my gil most of the time just helping out people. Bought my friend Utsus.Ni and his girl chiv chain and bought a random in wg a pair of Dusk pants just because I felt like it. I'm not a greedy person I play this game to have fun not be better than someone else.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-28 08:16:23  
Asura.Kosmik said:
Dissonant, you can't reason with this fool.
He is in one thread claiming to be sticking up for the "poor souls" who got screwed out of abyssea chest items by some douche, then in this thread he is being the same kind of douche himself.

Someone makes a mistake like that with a large enough amount of gil, they are not likely to make the same mistake again, whether you return the gil or not.
If you return it they would probably, say damn I got lucky that time, lets make sure that doesn't happen again.
They might even say, Hey that Flion dude isn't so bad...but then pigs would fly I guess.

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or annoyed that 5 of your 9 posts are in threads that I've posted in, trying to start arguments with me...

I must make you REAL mad XD
[+]
 Asura.Kosmik
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2010-08-28 12:15:21  
Flattered, annoyed, matters not. Not trying to start any arguments. I could care less if you respond at all.
I usually don't post anything on these threads (or any forum for that matter), but I do read quite a bit of them.
I just see your many arrogant posts of douchebagery and decided I don't like you very much.
Are you alone? No. There are quite a few like you. You just stand out amongst the crowd.
I guess you could feel proud?

As for being mad? Not at all. What reason would I have to be mad? lol

But this thread isn't about me or you. It is about your complete opposite in fact. A respectable person, worthy of recognition for good reasons.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-28 12:17:53  
Asura.Kosmik said:
Flattered, annoyed, matters not. Not trying to start any arguments. I could care less if you respond at all.
I usually don't post anything on these threads (or any forum for that matter), but I do read quite a bit of them.
I just see your many arrogant posts of douchebagery and decided I don't like you very much.
Are you alone? No. There are quite a few like you. You just stand out amongst the crowd.
I guess you could feel proud?

As for being mad? Not at all. What reason would I have to be mad? lol

But this thread isn't about me or you. It is about your complete opposite in fact. A respectable person, worthy of recognition for good reasons.

Yeah, you definitely mad.

And yes, I feel proud that someone takes the time to rate down my posts and follows me from thread to thread starting irrelevant ***. It makes me look good in contrast.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-08-28 16:15:47  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Firstly, Money isn't the only thing needed for gear, You have to get gear from events.

Secondly, I'm an *** and providing lessons, The person who doesn't get the money back will be FAR less likely to make the same mistake again.

And if this money means a lot to someone, I think it's disgusting that they'd be so careless with it. I'd hate to see them in a job where they needed to pay attention.
Someone with your considerable wallet size should know well that you can buy rare/ex drops from many linkshells. :) I once overbid on a wind staff, thinking it was Auster's or whatever the other HQ staff sorted next to it is, it was like 400k or something, which probably would have been around half of my gil at the time. I said something to my linkshell along the lines of "durp, what an expensive wind staff." I'm speaking for myself at this point, but I wasn't worried much about the money. I figured out who I bought it from, searched for them (not online), logged off and went to bed a bit later, got the gil back without even asking when I logged on the next day. I was happy to have my gil, but honestly the thing that really made my day was just how nice the person was. I kept looking for them over the next few days to give them my thanks. I really don't think it's about the gil so much as it is about dealing with some jackass with no care for REAL, LIVE HUMAN BEINGS for whom it really is about the gil. I really don't get why a majority of the people on the internet thing being a dickweed or an "***" is a first class ticket to cool land.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-08-28 16:27:36  
Asura.Kosmik said:
I agree completely, unless you are a total moron, you're going to understand, in either situation, that people are dickholes and a majority of the time you wouldn't be so lucky as to have your gil returned and thusly be more careful from that point on when buying ***. Though, honestly, I think most people aren't dumb enough to not return the gil. It really isn't worth your reputation as a human being or even just as a player to keep fake money that isn't rightfully yours.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-08-28 16:28:28  
I agree completely, unless you are a total moron, you're going to understand, in either situation, that people are dickholes and a majority of the time you wouldn't be so lucky as to have your gil returned and thusly be more careful from that point on when buying ***.
Man, I am run-on sentences today.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-29 08:37:52  
Wait, Flion, why do you have gimp gear if ONE MILLION GIL is pocket change to you? I have 3 mil currently and the most I've ever had at once is 4 million and my gear is completely acceptable. Regardless, I am pretty disgusted by the quality of human beings trolling around here. I have been on both sides of the situation, and you know what? It's not that hard or even time-consuming to find out who bought bee spatha from you for 7,000,000 gil. You go to the auction house or check FFXIAH. Oh hey, we're there now. There is a very, very small amount of effort involved. Now that you're at the auction house or near one (which you should be because you just received a large amount amount of money in your mog house), you send the money via a delivery box. If you have hands, eyes, internet and final fantasy xi, this process should take less than four minutes. Also, Flion, I don't understand why you are preaching self-righteousness by saying that you are teaching people lessons, but then calling yourself an ***. It's either one or the other, bud. You can't do someone right by doing them wrong, though I'm sure many people would beg to differ. I think it's disgusting that you would willingly *** a complete stranger out of their potentially hard-earned X in a video game, a place for leisure. Is it really fair to crucify someone over accidentally pressing the wrong button?

wow i like you lol
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-29 08:40:52  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Someone with your considerable wallet size should know well that you can buy rare/ex drops from many linkshells. :) I once overbid on a wind staff, thinking it was Auster's or whatever the other HQ staff sorted next to it is, it was like 400k or something, which probably would have been around half of my gil at the time. I said something to my linkshell along the lines of "durp, what an expensive wind staff." I'm speaking for myself at this point, but I wasn't worried much about the money. I figured out who I bought it from, searched for them (not online), logged off and went to bed a bit later, got the gil back without even asking when I logged on the next day. I was happy to have my gil, but honestly the thing that really made my day was just how nice the person was. I kept looking for them over the next few days to give them my thanks. I really don't think it's about the gil so much as it is about dealing with some jackass with no care for REAL, LIVE HUMAN BEINGS for whom it really is about the gil. I really don't get why a majority of the people on the internet thing being a dickweed or an "***" is a first class ticket to cool land.

if giving back 390k returns the smile on someone's face, I would be glad to give it back.
By EtienneLoire 2010-08-29 08:41:23  
Phoenix.Darki said:

wow i like you lol

WOW
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-29 08:41:33  
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Flion, quit being Flion.

@OP.

Personally I would do the same thing except I would probably give refund for arctic. I personally spend all my gil most of the time just helping out people. Bought my friend Utsus.Ni and his girl chiv chain and bought a random in wg a pair of Dusk pants just because I felt like it. I'm not a greedy person I play this game to have fun not be better than someone else.

3some incoming!
By EtienneLoire 2010-08-29 08:49:29  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Flion, quit being Flion.

@OP.

3some incoming!

I used to do what guy did in the past... :(
By EtienneLoire 2010-08-29 13:08:08  
awesome!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7