Ryunohige lvl 90
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-17 15:16:24  
Wafflechan said:

True 5 hit build, 21.2 per hit, and still ends up with 102ish% if you ws in Rose +2 body Rajas and Brutal. Idk if it the best et up, but looked good in my book o:. I wanna see how this stacks against traditional Ukon war. (For math wiz who don't know drg's af3 bonus, its chance to have a damage % increase proportional to wyvern HP. AKA 100% hp = double damage)

Proc effect is probably small. I have 4/5 WAR AF3+2 on in my TP build /SAM. Only time it procs is if I don't turn on time VS a mob that absorbs physical damage lol.

Skarwind Attacks
The Glavoid recovers 2048 HP
The Glavoid Recovers 2046 HP

Skarwind: God %$&*ing Damnit!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 15:23:53  
Could easily drop the Almah Torque for Love or Agasaya's inside Abyssea given a regain tick from VV. Can probably do one or both of dropping Rose for Claymore* or WSing in Zahak's as well.

*Likely beats Pole due to the OAT rate diminishing the value of DA.

EDIT: maybe not if the wrong delay was used lol

Also, it's been a long *** time since I read up on mythics but was the OAT rate really 40%? For some reason I was thinking 50%.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 15:24:14  
I think you did the calculations with Corsesca delay. Ryunohige is 492.

4+2+2+1+10+5+5 = 29 STP
29 STP from gear + 15 from subjob = 44 STP
1.44 * 13.3 = 19.1 TP/hit

Assuming you don't WS in Almah, W.Tath, or Goading (-9 STP, 35STP total) you get 17.9 TP from the main hit of your WS with 2 reliable additional hits at 1.3 TP each (2.6). It still leaves you 3.1 TP shy of a 5-hit. That's fine for Abyssea; 2 Regain ticks from VV put you over the top.

If you add Carbonara in:
1.5 * 13.3 = 19.9 TP/hit
13.3*1.41 = 18.7 TP for the main hit of WS with 2.8 from 2 reliable additional hits.

That gives you 101.1 TP and requires 2 additional hits to land. That is pretty reasonable with capped Acc, happens more than 99% of the time.
The math for that is:
.95*.95*.05*3 + .95^3 = .99275
and doesn't consider the possibility of DAs, which make it even easier to land two additional hits. Relying on 3 is dicey though (lowers it to about ~86% chance pre-DA).

You can probably switch Almah to Chiv Chain in that situation and keep the 5-hit.

Warrior is slightly harder up for STP when it comes to 5-hitting Ukon outside Abyssea, but it's still possible.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-17 15:30:06  
Why can't Warrior and Dragoon just get along? Q,Q They could link Lights together. It'd be fun to see those both in a party. Why does one have to win? Also, what's the talk about OAT on Ryunohige? Wouldn't that be pretty pointless, since you have to save to 300% to make it do that? Probably better off sticking with Datk/triple which will proc on WS, with the 200% aftermath that increases attack? Or not even bothering with the Aftermath.

Also it seems like Dragoon forgot that Warrior is always sitting at +48% Crit damage inside of Abyssea, at least with A3+2 feet, RR, and Crit atk bonus. Not too mention Restraint, which even with only 5 hits is going to add something like +12~15% WS damage to any WS that War wants to do(at least with the AF3+2). AF3+2 procs on Warrior are going to generate more hate and will happen more often. There isn't going to be a situation where Warrior wouldn't be retaliating, except for maybe if the DRG did both jumps at the start of a fight. Also, in order to keep the Warrior's DPS lower, they'd have to be a *** and if they were holding hate, never Super Jump. Way better aftermath on Ukon though, so I kind of don't see it. Not ragging on Dragoon, I plan to level it, and I've been accumulating Alexandrites recently @,@ with nothing to do with them, so I've actually been toying in my head about doing a Ryunohige.

Lol @ Skarwind's post.
 Bahamut.Phix
サーバ: Bahamut
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-17 15:34:30  
Asura.Vyre said:
Why can't Warrior and Dragoon just get along? Q,Q They could link Lights together. It'd be fun to see those both in a party. Why does one have to win? Also, what's the talk about OAT on Ryunohige? Wouldn't that be pretty pointless, since you have to save to 300% to make it do that? Probably better off sticking with Datk/triple which will proc on WS, with the 200% aftermath that increases attack? Or not even bothering with the Aftermath.

Also it seems like Dragoon forgot that Warrior is always sitting at +48% Crit damage inside of Abyssea, at least with A3+2 feet, RR, and Crit atk bonus. Not too mention Restraint, which even with only 5 hits is going to add something like +12~15% WS damage to any WS that War wants to do(at least with the AF3+2). AF3+2 procs on Warrior are going to generate more hate and will happen more often. There isn't going to be a situation where Warrior wouldn't be retaliating, except for maybe if the DRG did both jumps at the start of a fight. Also, in order to keep the Warrior's DPS lower, they'd have to be a *** and if they were holding hate, never Super Jump. Way better aftermath on Ukon though, so I kind of don't see it. Not ragging on Dragoon, I plan to level it, and I've been accumulating Alexandrites recently @,@ with nothing to do with them, so I've actually been toying in my head about doing a Ryunohige.

Lol @ Skarwind's post.
LOL @ getting along i actually have war and doing Ukon myself and never once claimed DRG was king its just my baby :D
As for pulling hate like a *** lol i ride my timers on jumps and will go out of my way to do as much dmg as humanly possible before i have no choice but to SJ .
Plus after having Rhongo for a while now the 300 tp riding of aftermath took some getting used to but now i just do it and it really does pay off .
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-17 15:34:49  
There can only be one.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-17 15:39:46  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Could easily drop the Almah Torque for Love or Agasaya's inside Abyssea given a regain tick from VV. Can probably do one or both of dropping Rose for Claymore* or WSing in Zahak's as well. *Likely beats Pole due to the OAT rate diminishing the value of DA. EDIT: maybe not if the wrong delay was used lol Also, it's been a long *** time since I read up on mythics but was the OAT rate really 40%? For some reason I was thinking 50%.
Is 3% crit really going to make a significant difference in damage compared to 14 str/dex and atk/acc?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-17 15:42:13  
Bahamut.Phix said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Why can't Warrior and Dragoon just get along? Q,Q They could link Lights together. It'd be fun to see those both in a party. Why does one have to win? Also, what's the talk about OAT on Ryunohige? Wouldn't that be pretty pointless, since you have to save to 300% to make it do that? Probably better off sticking with Datk/triple which will proc on WS, with the 200% aftermath that increases attack? Or not even bothering with the Aftermath. Also it seems like Dragoon forgot that Warrior is always sitting at +48% Crit damage inside of Abyssea, at least with A3+2 feet, RR, and Crit atk bonus. Not too mention Restraint, which even with only 5 hits is going to add something like +12~15% WS damage to any WS that War wants to do(at least with the AF3+2). AF3+2 procs on Warrior are going to generate more hate and will happen more often. There isn't going to be a situation where Warrior wouldn't be retaliating, except for maybe if the DRG did both jumps at the start of a fight. Also, in order to keep the Warrior's DPS lower, they'd have to be a *** and if they were holding hate, never Super Jump. Way better aftermath on Ukon though, so I kind of don't see it. Not ragging on Dragoon, I plan to level it, and I've been accumulating Alexandrites recently @,@ with nothing to do with them, so I've actually been toying in my head about doing a Ryunohige. Lol @ Skarwind's post.
LOL @ getting along i actually have war and doing Ukon myself and never once claimed DRG was king its just my baby :D As for pulling hate like a *** lol i ride my timers on jumps and will go out of my way to do as much dmg as humanly possible before i have no choice but to SJ . Plus after having Rhongo for a while now the 300 tp riding of aftermath took some getting used to but now i just do it and it really does pay off .
Oh, I am jelly~ I don't even have my Ukon yet, because I am lazy as hell. It was kind of sad, right before the servers had to go down, we'd just gotten 4 more popsets for Glavoid. @,@ As well as Chloris for a friend's Monk.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 15:45:26  
Why does it have to be "significant"? We're talking about a Mythic build, anything less than best is doing the weapon a disservice. Zahak's is better in the current environment. Future content may change that.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-17 15:51:13  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Why does it have to be "significant"? We're talking about a Mythic build, anything less than best is doing the weapon a disservice. Zahak's is better in the current environment. Future content may change that.
I have both Zmail and AF3 body, and AF3 body performs way better in my own numbers. How does 10 strdex +3% crit > 14 str/dex/acc/atk? Especially when you have atmas and cruor buffs pretty much near capping your crit anyways.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-17 15:53:23  
Wafflechan said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I have both Zmail and AF3 body, and AF3 body performs way better in my own numbers. How does 10 strdex +3% crit > 14 str/dex/acc/atk? Especially when you have atmas and cruor buffs pretty much near capping your crit anyways.

Zahak's Destroys Grim Body with a Stalwarts up or berserk. AF3+2 body is only better without a drink up.

Edit: Thats what I'm comparing it to anyways. In a sense it's Armadaberk+2 Versus Zahak's mail.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-17 15:55:25  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I think you did the calculations with Corsesca delay.

I was thinking the same but I was at work without FFXI calc. Could probably swap AF3 cape for atheling and use Hoard as well.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-17 15:59:02  
Wafflechan said:

Still building coins for it, they seem to be in a drought on Asura >.>.
what the ***?
this post alone is more impressive than everything else in this thread.
edit: but yeah, that's pretty.... understandable.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-17 16:00:31  
Ryunohige 5-hit TP - Inside Abyssea RR/VV/SQ

Ryunohige 5-hit WS - Inside Abyssea RR/VV/SQ

Most likely not optimal.

I think it relies on a two tics from RR or a tic and getting hit, which is fairly plausible. Rose Strap is a no go for me. White Tathlum maybe?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-17 16:01:30  
I think I'd go with almah torque tbh, but that's just me.
edit: vulcan's pearl for tping wouldn't be ideal, either. wtf drg earrings
Centaurus or Attila's Aesir Ear Pendant would be ideal. >_>
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-17 16:12:19  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I think I'd go with almah torque tbh, but that's just me.
edit: vulcan's pearl for tping wouldn't be ideal, either. wtf drg earrings
Centaurus or Attila's Aesir Ear Pendant would be ideal. >_>

Aesir or an augmented Merman's if you can afford those lol
By Wafflechan 2011-03-17 16:14:03  
Or kema... /shotinthehead
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 20:11:29  

Gives me 4120 average Drakesbane in Abyssea with RR/VV/Apoc, which I'm pretty sure is still the best combo. I messed around with some gear choices and couldn't get the number to go up, so I left it as it was.

Gives me 3933 average for Ukko's Fury in Abyssea with RR/VV/Apoc. Again, I messed around trying to optimize it and couldn't get any better than that.

Target was your typical 405 DEF monster, which is a number I pulled from pchan's response to a thread on BG today. He didn't back it up with anything, but I'd be unsurprised to find it's real. Both sets play into 5-hits, and I was considering Berserk up 72% of the time for the Warrior (180 seconds of every 250 seconds, or perfect JA usage).

If I get bored, I can continue the comparison into the TP phase. Unless the target is piercing weak, victory for Ryunohige looks improbable. Remember that your jumps are somewhat countered by your need to do a 300TP Drakes every 3 minutes to keep your AM3 activated.

Ryunohige is going to be a stronger weapon outside of Abyssea and I don't think it will get beaten (as badly?) there, but people had been talking about Abyssea so I went along with it.

4104/3933 = 4.3% more damage from Drakes than Ukko's, for those playing along at home

Edit ...lol, Ukon is coming out with a 40% DPS advantage in Abyssea. I'm not sure I want to continue this. xD
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 21:11:33  
Okay, I finished it. It actually comes out pretty close. I think Ryunohige has a chance to win outside Abyssea assuming both WSs get the same 10% crit hit rate bonus. Ultimately the TP/WS damage is skewed so far towards WS on a perfectly efficient DD with a 5-hit in Abyssea that DRG recovers a lot of its lost ground.

Here are the TP sets I was using:

I'm sure people can think of something to improve with them, but that's what I came up with as a first pass.

I come out with WAR having an overall DPS of 763 and DRG having an overall DPS of 705.7. They both have 71.5% Haste, and Warrior is leading by 8.2%. If I drop the Haste back to 35% (Hasso and gear) then Warrior's lead shrinks to 7.6% due to JA delay playing less of a role.

And yeah, I didn't account for Retaliations or Jumps. Jumps I can hand-wave-away by saying that you need 300TP every 3 minutes to keep AM3 up, and 2x Spirit and 1x Soul jump every 3 minutes nets you 7 rounds worth of TP, which is approximately 300TP on average and takes 5 seconds of activation time (about as long as it takes to get to 100TP once). So I negate the 300TP requirement and the jumps at the same time. Unfortunately, I suspect that separating your Jump timers and aftermath (because AM3 on Mythics doesn't overwrite) is a bad idea, so I don't know what a Ryunohige user would do for DRG tier 1.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 21:14:39  
You're still making this a Ryuno DRG vs Ukon WAR comparison instead of simply comparing Ryuno vs Ukon as weapons.

As for Zahak's vs AF3+2, ran the numbers and AF3+2 does have a slight edge... I can only assume my initial numbers were simply wrong or that something was significantly different (fulltime Stalwart's perhaps).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 21:24:33  
Oh yeah, I assumed no Stalwart's. I can add that in real quick and see how much it helps.

But yeah, as far as weapon and weaponskill, Ryunohige is badass.

Edit:
Stalwart's pushes DRG a little closer to WAR. Now they're only about 4% different. The exact difference depends on Haste%. DRG WSs more often, so they lose more to WS animation delay. It's the difference between like 3.7% (25% Haste) and 4.4% (75.5% Haste) though. Dancer and a perfect Bard would make things interesting and maybe tilt it towards DRG due to gear swaps, but I don't feel like reworking gearsets. Also, it's not reasonable for Dancer to be TPing the same monster as another DD in Abyssea unless it's an NM, in which case my Defense estimate is low.

Ukon Average: 4032
Drakes Average: 4397

WAR Average Damage/hit: 636.5
DRG Average Damage/hit: 431.2

WAR total DPS (71.5% Haste): 793.6 Damage/sec
DRG total DPS (71.5% Haste): 760.9 Damage/sec
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 21:25:44  
The Zahak's vs AF3+2 note was related to a previous assertion of mine, not your post. I'd imagine it helps DRG much more than WAR on most mobs though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 21:31:49  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
That's actually quite impressive. Retaliation and the potentially higher critrate bonus on Ukko's (I remember a scaling critrate bonus based on dDEX being mentioned on BG) obviously stand to push WAR farther ahead (as does the fact that Dusk +1 are essentially wasted - Perle or AF3+2 perhaps?), but to see it come so close to an Empyrean WAR is still pretty nifty.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 21:33:45  
Random thought: MKD hat with Haste+3/STP+4 for the WAR TP set when Restraint's down. Not viable for everyone obviously but I'm surprised I haven't seen it suggested elsewhere.

EDIT: nevermind, for some reason I was counting it as 25% haste but that's clearly 24%
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 21:35:41  
Wow, I'm surprised I didn't catch on to that. Somehow they were coming out at 25% Haste in my math. I can upload the Spreadsheet I used if you want to look at it. It's kind of messy because it was single-use, but all the math is there.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 21:37:34  
I'd appreciate that, thanks.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 21:41:45  
Okay, sent it. I did some stuff halfassed because it was only one gear set really. Like fixing fSTR at the cap for the WS builds because nothing I could do would reduce it. I'm sure I took other shortcuts, and probably made a mistake or two here and there.

I'm like 99% sure the way I calculated hits to 100TP and Damage per 100TP is correct, but it's complicated to do because it deals with TP overflow. Maybe there's an easier way to do it, but I don't know what it is.

Edit: Oh yeah, RCBs were assumed and I kept just putting in the appropriate number or modifier so I didn't have to write an "if" statement for the attack they give.
By Nabis 2011-03-17 21:45:09  
Nabis said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Not including regain. war/sam 20.9 tp/hit, 25% haste. You can put on dusk for the 1 haste, but that 1 haste is rly some decimal value isn't going to beat af3+2 w/ restraint up. Take it all off (aside from strap, brutal, rajas) for ws and you get 17.1 for the first hit of the ws. So even assuming the 2nd hit misses 17.1 + (20.9 x 4) = 100.7 don't even need to land both hits of the ws to maintain 5hit
Atmas: Plaguebringer + Scorpion Queen + RR replace white tathlum with rav orb u will be @ +15 /sam +75 gear atma 24.7(3 hits for 73.4 + 26.6 ws) some +crt rate in SQ atma so ur not lacking :D /hate me
hey byrth if u can do me a favor and check this out plz and tell me what ya get idk what u using but i would like to know how this holds up
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-03-17 21:48:54  
I'd still love to see some wyvern damage added in. While it may not be much, it's still a decent portion of a DRGs damage, especially considering each WS will be followed by a breath attack. It's usually good for an extra couple hundred damage per WS, or 500ish if combined with deep breathing.

Might not be significant, but still something worth adding IMO.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9