フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Ryunohige lvl 90
Ryunohige lvl 90
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-17 23:39:33  
Ya inside of abyssea the wyvern's added dmg with Atma's on is nice. SEeing those tripple attack crits from the bird. It is a nice dmg boost to drg's overall dot.

I think im honestly going to start on this as a side project. Im happy with my Rhon, but this looks like a very good weapon (always was going to pick it if i won the moogle lotto)

Shiva.Cerderic said:
lol. that just made me think of something.
wtf are we going to do when mages forget how to conserve MP. abyssea has spoiled us, and probably ruined a great deal of players' skill. (Obviously many players now have raised jobs strictly in abyssea and won't know what they're doing in the first place)
personally on BLU i don't know what to do with all the MP inside abyssea. but i try to avoid the place as much as possible. some of you never leave lol.
Honestly on blu mage, the only difference inside and out. Is spamming Magic based spells to proc Yellow. That burns my main mp pool up. Other wise i play inside the exact way i play outside. Headbutt spam and the odd Dmg spell to spike and help kill faster.(And debuffs!)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 23:47:20  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
lol. that just made me think of something.
wtf are we going to do when mages forget how to conserve MP. abyssea has spoiled us, and probably ruined a great deal of players' skill. (Obviously many players now have raised jobs strictly in abyssea and won't know what they're doing in the first place)
personally on BLU i don't know what to do with all the MP inside abyssea. but i try to avoid the place as much as possible. some of you never leave lol.
Judging by all the people that couldn't manage MP worth a damn pre-Abyssea I don't see it really changing anything. The people who know how to play will be fine, those who don't are probably fumbling along even inside Abyssea.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-03-17 23:47:57  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Outside Abyssea is a rough thing to think about, because dDEX matters so much more and WAR has a harder time getting a 5-hit. They potentially have to sacrifice RCBs for Carbonara.
was already decided that Mnk / Nin outdue War in the first place yea? all the fighting for 3rd place go go!

Pretty sure not.

Ukon WAR is probably the top inside Abyssea. Outside Abyssea the major damage enhancements people lose are Attack, STR, crit rate, crit damage boost, and multi-attacks, all additive traits that WAR already had plentifully. If WAR wins in Abyssea, they are generally more likely to win outside Abyssea except in weird cases like against an OAT weapon (basically just Ryunohige).
Would love to see math on a perfect ukon/masamune/verethragna for non-abyssea. I don't really see ukon beating a perfect masamune unless pdif is an issue, but I have no math to back it up so meh.
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-17 23:49:05  
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Outside Abyssea is a rough thing to think about, because dDEX matters so much more and WAR has a harder time getting a 5-hit. They potentially have to sacrifice RCBs for Carbonara.
was already decided that Mnk / Nin outdue War in the first place yea? all the fighting for 3rd place go go!

Pretty sure not.

Ukon WAR is probably the top inside Abyssea. Outside Abyssea the major damage enhancements people lose are Attack, STR, crit rate, crit damage boost, and multi-attacks, all additive traits that WAR already had plentifully. If WAR wins in Abyssea, they are generally more likely to win outside Abyssea except in weird cases like against an OAT weapon (basically just Ryunohige).
Would love to see math on a perfect ukon/masamune/verethragna for non-abyssea. I don't really see ukon beating a perfect masamune unless pdif is an issue, but I have no math to back it up so meh.
guys why even argue for 2nd place?
WHM DD ftw right?
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-17 23:58:16  

Carbonara {You can have this.}

Edit:

This was merely to show how you can keep Love Torque in, but given the haste loss, I doubt it's viability.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-18 00:00:06  
Love Torque is meh these days for DRG. Almah will often do more.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 07:33:07  
Also, that's only 23% Haste.
 Bahamut.Phix
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-18 08:18:21  
Shiva.Khimaira said:

Carbonara {You can have this.}

Edit:

This was merely to show how you can keep Love Torque in, but given the haste loss, I doubt it's viability.

I'm thinking this is going to be the best 5 hit? i could be wrong .
I still like love torque shame to lose it .
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 08:38:05  
Yeah, that looks good for Abyssea. Dusk+1 are better gloves.

It occurs to me that I forgot to put Furtherance buffs in when I did my comparison. Adding them in helps WAR a tiny bit (<1%).

Outside Abyssea the best choice is probably to use Tactical Mantle instead of Atheling during TP and keep Red Curry Buns.
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-18 08:53:31  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Yeah, that looks good for Abyssea. Dusk+1 are better gloves.

It occurs to me that I forgot to put Furtherance buffs in when I did my comparison. Adding them in helps WAR a tiny bit (<1%).

Outside Abyssea the best choice is probably to use Tactical Mantle instead of Atheling during TP and keep Red Curry Buns.
Well i can get dusk+1 easily not like they cost alot now and i can prolly get a friend to make em signed :P
What outside would you say would be the optimal 5 hit for a DRG and Ukon WAR (as i have both jobs)i say outside as my ls does do stuff in the real world still and hope for real new content comming up .
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 08:54:52  
I'm trying to work that out now. It's a lot harder to say, because it depends so much on monster VIT, AGI, and DEF. Accuracy still isn't an issue anywhere really.
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-18 08:56:48  
Awesome looking forward to seeing them and implementing them :D
 Phoenix.Chita
user: Chita13
By Phoenix.Chita 2011-03-18 09:04:03  
Here's what I use,

perfect 5hit without food, max haste, and inside abyssea you can RR/Scorpion Queen/Plaugebringer for a 4 hit.

and here's my ws gear to go with it

Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-18 09:10:52  
Phoenix.Chita said:
Here's what I use,

perfect 5hit without food, max haste, and inside abyssea you can RR/Scorpion Queen/Plaugebringer for a 4 hit.

and here's my ws gear to go with it

You like the trade off from loosing set bonus from head etc
Also i see you have Ryunohige any input into whats been said in the thread ?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 09:11:20  
Is that for Camlann's Torment? You seem to be higher than the necessary STP if you're using Drakesbane.
 Phoenix.Chita
By Phoenix.Chita 2011-03-18 09:14:11  
it's a work in progress atm for ws. Can't do much on it atm, but I'm sure I can get rid of things like brutal earring, but that's my current build for drakesbane.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 09:16:05  
You go through a lot to pick up that last fraction of Haste. Perhaps consider a build like this?

Same amount of set bonus activation and a lot more Attack.

If you WS in AF3+2 body, Rajas, Brutal, and Rose and land 2 additional hits (99% chance) then it's a 5-hit outside Abyssea with Red Curry Buns.

WS set would look like this probably:

It's really hard to say though, dDEX affects so many decisions and that may still not be enough. It may be better to just abandon dDex entirely and *** STR/Atk.
 Phoenix.Chita
By Phoenix.Chita 2011-03-18 09:31:16  
Well when i make my sets I account for possibly not having a wyvern around too. The lancer's earring is swapped out for Aesier when it's not around and most of the fights the wyvern just gets rapped anyways.

As for my Ryu I'm missing the 3 trophies, a lot of time and effort has been used to see pretty much no t3 trophies drop. I honestly can say that unless SE brings a new ws to Drg that's better than drakesbane Ryunohige is gonna be the top dog.

I've done brewed Camlann's torments for 4.5k max, and drakesbane was easily breaking the 12k mark. So camlann's torment seems pretty dull atm. Adding in all the 2 new jumps for tp gain I'd say you should easily be able to keep the aftermath up. I don't get to play Drg much in abyssea since I mostly play Whm, but when I do get the chance to play it with my 4 hit build it's pretty amazing to just watch a mob die.

As for Augments Jumps on Ryunohige my theory is after 75 version that makes it crit hit it starts to add either a % to atk like the Drachen Greaves do, or just overall enhances accuracy. Though once I get it I'll be more than happy to test it all out, and on a side note a friend and I have actually been talking about Ukon War vs Ryu Drg for a while now. It'll be pretty fun to test out when I finally finish.
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-18 10:01:45  
The T4 VNM trophies are stupid i got one ages ago at the time thinking amg PW pop time but the % droprate needs to be adjusted seriously .
At least you have a big chunk of it done im just sat on a crapton of alex rotting lol :(
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 10:19:19  
My condolences man, it would absolutely kill me to be sitting on the NQ version 3 trophies from the best weapon for my job. I did a lot of VNM, but I don't think a trophy has ever dropped on one of my pops.

If you want to get it done:
1) Put out a bounty on ZNM trophies. 2mil each should be enough to buy them out from under PW poppers even. None of those drops are really worth a ***anymore.
2) T4 ZNMs are almost not worth popping right now, so some people may be sitting on pops they're too lazy to pop. If you shout that you'll kill the ZNM and the popper can have the drops (apart from the trophy) you may get a few bites. Hachiryu Sune-ate and Haidate are still very worthwhile, and Gandiva has given the Kote a new life.

Assuming whatever the Jump bonus is applies to Spirit/Soul Jump, it should be pretty easy to test when you get the weapon thanks to the 100% crit rate. I personally bet that it's a mod boost.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 12:53:55  
Gearsets for outside Abyssea are very crit-dependent. There are kind of two situations:
A) "Greater Colibri"esque - It's possible to hit the Crit rate cap with fairly minor concessions.
B) "Mamool Ja Lurker"esque - It's just not possible to hit the Crit rate cap reasonably at all.

Because we're level 90, and we can assume any future monsters from outside content are going to be at least 95-100, I'm going to assume 85 AGI for Case A and 110 AGI for Case B.

After doing some monkeying around with the numbers, max WS damage is almost identical between the two cases (abandoning Dex in favor of STR/Atk/DA/whatever) and the opposite. The DEX weak set works against everything, while the DEX set doesn't, so it may be better to just use the low-DEX set all the time.

It may be different for Mithra, who make fewer sacrifices to get the same DEX, but I'm working this through for Elvaan so far.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-18 15:22:37  
Phoenix.Chita said:
As for my Ryu I'm missing the 3 trophies, a lot of time and effort has been used to see pretty much no t3 trophies drop.

Ouch, that's rage-quit material right there. D:
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-18 17:10:51  
I think when talking about drg's best weapon, magian OAT has to be in the discussion, at least outside abyssea. The base damage has very little to do with the WS damage due to the fact that drakesbane is heavily moded by STR, and your D value is diluted in the whole WS damage formula. And when you account for 40% DA on the new jumps, and the rate of getting TP with an easier 5 hit and 40% DA, you are talking about something that is very close. The fact that new jumps are 100% critical kills the value of mythics since the enhance jumps are just guarantee critical with nothing else (I can be wrong here with the lvl 90 version).

As a fan of DRG, and owner of OAT 5 hit, it absolutely destroys things. I think the only way mythic come out on top is that you can definitely keep the AM3 up without the slightest mistake. And that's asking alot and very situational. I think ppl respect Kirschy on BG as a player, and even she thinks that it would be very very difficult to keep it up all time as she has Liberator and she did play in that style with her mythics. I think the 15% ws boost perhaps put mythics on top by a little, but before that boost, OAT definitely was the better option IMO.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 18:02:31  
Well, lets look at that

* OAT Polearm and Ryunohige can 5-hit, but OAT does it easier - Accepted, OAT builds gain quite a bit of Attack in place of STP. Not enough to make up the loss of 30% base damage, but still quite a bit.

* Base damage doesn't matter that much because Drakesbane has a high STR mod - Not really true. The 31 base damage difference between Corsesca +2 and Ryunohige 90 is equivalent to 73 STR during WS, which is almost the difference between WSing naked and with gear. In Abyssea 31 base damage may not be that much (~15%?) but outside it matters a lot. It always matters as much as all the STR you get from gear. You also have to remember that the 90 Ryunohige gets an additional 15% boost to Draksebane damage as a hidden effect.

Other things to consider:
* Ryunohige's 5-hit has higher DPS than Corsesca +2 not considering WSs, even though Corsesca +2 has more Attack.
* If both Polearms have 5-hits and 40% OAT, Ryunohige WSs more often because it has lower delay.
* Ryunohige WSs a minimum of about 22% harder in Abyssea, going to be closer to 30% harder outside Abyssea.
* The only "tests" I've heard for the Jump enhancement on Ryunohige were not from sources I'd really trust, and the rumor was started after eyeballing at the Fanfest where people got to play with them against really easy mobs. I doubt it's correct, but I can't promise it isn't a "jump" enhancement only, as in excluding the newer jumps.
* Spirit/Soul Jump/Meditate make it a lot easier to get the 300TP for AM3 activation on Ryunohige. It really shouldn't be that hard to do these days. The primary failing of Mythics was that downtime between pulls would kill your ability to keep up AM3, but downtime lets your jumps and meditate come back up anyway. It still makes a difference (in that it always costs you ~2 WSs to activate so not getting full use out of your waste is bad), but the amount of time you'd spend with AM3 down should be minimal. Also, /SAM DDs can mess up and over-TP once every two AM3 activations thanks to Sekka as long as they're quick about it.
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-18 19:01:12  
You miss understood my point on base damage doesn't have as big of an effect as ppl think. It obviously makes a difference, but the difference is nowhere close to what the base damage suggested in term of %.

Look at it this way. 125 vs 94 base damage weapon. On your regular attack, the difference between the two D value is 125+fstr vs 94+fstr. The fstr cap for the two weapons would be 21 vs 18. I will give the benefit of the doubt to mythic on the ability to cap fstr during tp even though I think that's usually not the case unless inside abyssea. So your end comparison on D value is 146 vs 112, that's a 30.3% difference like you said.

However, during WS, WSC comes into play. Assuming both weapons WS in 150 str, which is not hard to achieve now a day. You are looking at floor(floor(150 x 0.5)x0.85)=63. So your D + WSC is going to be 188 vs 157, which is a 19.7% difference (that's why I said your base damage influence in the WS formula is diluted by WSC). That is the point I was trying to make. The WS damage is far less than the 30.3% the D value would suggest, which obviously brought the gap between the two weapons closer. If you do take the 15% bonus into account, the difference in WS becomes 37.7%. So the 15% bonus like I said, definitely make mythics that much more appealing than before.

However, like you said, if you can keep that AM3 mostly up, there is no comparison, that mythics will obviously win out. More DoT, more WS damage, etc etc. But the point is always about keeping the AM3 up. If it wasn't such a hard task and somewhat situational, it would have never been lolmythics. If you are treating mythics like it is always 40% DA then it is a huge difference. Note that this is not a knock on mythics, it is just a more practical way of thinking. If you are getting a ultimate drg weapon, mythic is definitely the way to go, but is it really that much better than OAT, that's up for a debate.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 22:04:39  
I'd say that (in the hands of a competent player) the Mythic is much more damaging than the OAT. It's not easy to model "how much better" it is, because you have to assume an arbitrary amount of fail on the player's part or a lot of time between monsters.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 22:42:36  
What about love pole in abyssea? I mean with the way it stacks with the double and triple attack you stacking in abyssea it would attack ALOT. And would get 8 hit drakebanes probably more often then you didn't lol
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-18 23:11:41  
lol i can pull out my love halberd and mess about with it when the servers come back up just for you XD
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-18 23:36:12  
Love Halberd doesn't affect WS, so it'd have the same number of 8-hit Drakesbanes as without. I don't know how well it would work out, and frankly the Jailer weapons are a pain to work with so I don't think I ever will xD. I doubt it will beat the current top options, but it probably wouldn't be terrible.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9