Message From the Admins
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2011-11-03 17:32:35  
Ramuh.Vinvv said: »
I was under the impression that the ads payed for the site...I love it when people perceive a profit when I'm pretty sure the ads are for operational fees.

I do believe this is true i do recall the admins saying a few times that they do not make a profit from this site at all
By Artemicion 2011-11-03 17:33:20  
Cerberus.Savannah said: »
Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
People should at least get the respect of saying "hey knock it off" before they're banned/removed from a thread. That one little change would bring people back to the site.

In fairness, from what I see, 90% of the people being topicbanned are not contributing anything worthwhile to whatever thread they're being banned from. They are doing nothing but attacking other users and causing unrelated arguments as to whatever the actual topic was.

They still deserve the right to face the gravity of their presence upon others. It's not always easy to see through the mind's eye of another so-to-speak.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-03 17:33:27  
I think one of the biggest issues when it comes to people accepting their topicbans, warnings, or even thread deletions is that they do not agree with the rules.

Say you have a post deleted for profanity in an image. You don't agree with the rule, so you do it again. At that point not only are you breaking the rule for a second time, but you did so after a moderator took action against the first one.

That is NOT the way to get rules changed, reworked, or clarified.

Don't forget that we have a tiered punishment system. Warning, Temp Ban, and then Perma Ban. There are no additional warnings listed anywhere else in there.

I've said this a lot over the past few weeks, but if you have an issue with moderation against you, voice your complaint via PM to a mod or admin. Just make sure you don't open it up with "*** you." I have revoked quite a few topicbans, and even a permaban or two. Your attitude means a lot in the decision process.
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-11-03 17:35:12  
i thought permabans cant be revoked :|
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-11-03 17:36:09  
Thank you for this, Jaerik. It's helpful for me personally because I have been confused about certain things.
By Artemicion 2011-11-03 17:36:31  
How would an appeal process work in such a case? Is one able to PM admins/mods after being temp/perma banned? Or are they SOL until things get looked over on someone else's terms/time?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 17:37:21  
Asura.Chuuuuu said: »
I was banned but it was on a temp-ban status and was informed I could come back if I asked, but I had asked to be banned in the first place. :/
I'm not sure what you would call that if not temp-ban.
I think it has to do with the severity and nature of the band more-so.
Some bans are full on permabans, others are more...malleable bans.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-11-03 17:37:40  
this def needed to be said Jaerik, thnx.
 Bismarck.Eburo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-11-03 17:37:57  
I really appreciate your efforts. Maybe this place will be more peaceful now. Cheers!
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-11-03 17:38:15  
I was banned but it was on a temp-ban status and was informed I could join if I asked, but I had asked to be banned in the first place. :/
I'm not sure what you would call that if not temp-ban.
if you asked to be banned you didnt do anything wrong so im sure they would take it back >____> its not the same thing lol im talking about the chance some permabanned people coming back lol
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-03 17:38:32  
I don't know. I see many times in threads about the game that if you point out at a wrong information from another user you're just labeled a troll, reported and eventually topicbanned for causing trouble. Hello? The main focus should be the game, shouldn't it? It's hard to have constructive discussions when crybabies shout they're being attacked by the scary trolls in their head. Sure, some people just don't know how to be polite, but taking the time to get a deeper understanding of the whole discussion wouldn't hurt.

That aside...I think pretty much everyone can understand the rules and why they are there. But there are different ways to enforce them and more often than not the 'patient and diplomatic' isn't quite fitting the moderation act.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-03 17:38:33  
I have revoked one real permaban. The others were basically extended temp bans at the user's request. The user sent a very apologetic PM several months after the ban. I felt that it was sincere, and discussed it with the other moderators. We agreed to let him come back with the understanding that he would go straight back to perma if he stepped out of line.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-11-03 17:40:12  
Who got banned?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-03 17:40:36  
One other thing to note is that PM privileges aren't taken for either ban unless you are belligerent with the staff. At any point you are welcome to discuss your ban.
By Artemicion 2011-11-03 17:40:42  
For clarification, I present this educational video provided previously by Scragg on an accurate representation and definition on what a troll is.

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 17:41:05  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said: »
Who got banned?
Nunya got banned.
By Artemicion 2011-11-03 17:42:11  
Who got banned?

Sev & Flion I believe.
They didn't necessarily make a direct action to warrant the ban, but rather made cumulative problems that compiled over a course of time that made their presence more problematic than the worth of keeping them around.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 17:43:26  
Artemicion said: »
Who got banned?

Sev & Flion I believe.
They didn't necessarily make a direct action to warrant the ban, but rather made cumulative problems that compiled over a course of time that made their presence more problematic than the worth of keeping them around.
I didn't see that Flion got banned but did see him posting on behalf of Flion...didn't see much conflict of it though. Hm.
 Bahamut.Itze
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-11-03 17:43:50  
What about those who didn't get a warning and flat out topic banned? One mod didn't touch the subject but when another walked by it they slapped the ban with out word.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-11-03 17:44:10  
Who got banned?

Sev & Flion I believe.

figured, just was curious to confirm. imo these bans were a long time coming.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-11-03 17:44:39  
Not going to say anything really, but I feel like this should be taken down... It's clearly an attack on Flion and shouldn't really be there..
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 17:45:55  
Bahamut.Itze said: »
What about those who didn't get a warning and flat out topic banned? One mod didn't touch the subject but when another walked by it they slapped the ban with out word.
They can always PM the mods about it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-11-03 17:46:01  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Not going to say anything really, but I feel like this should be taken down... It's clearly an attack on Flion and shouldn't really be there..
Isn't this what you guys taught us not to do?
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-03 17:46:02  
Honestly I agree. This sounds a lot like just public drama, I was quite surprised to see it from a mod.
[+]
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-11-03 17:46:53  
The one who looked the other way said another one decided it wasn't a "good post" so deleted both and topic banned. No PM, no warning.
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-11-03 17:47:11  

I don't see it like that honestly. If you actually read it, it is nothing more than clearing up a situation that Flion himself was preparing to start.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 17:48:39  
Who got banned?
Sev & Flion I believe. They didn't necessarily make a direct action to warrant the ban, but rather made cumulative problems that compiled over a course of time that made their presence more problematic than the worth of keeping them around.
figured, just was curious to confirm. imo these bans were a long time coming.

Finally. Finally the mods have recognised those double team troublemakers for what they are.

It was long overdue, very long.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 17:49:03  
The one who looked the other way said another one decided it wasn't a "good post" so deleted both and topic banned. No PM, no warning.
They can still PM the mods about it if they have problems with it I'd imagine.
If you have a problem with a mod PM about it is what I'm essentially saying.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-11-03 17:49:15  
Ramuh.Krizz said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I would argue there are worse users than Flion and Sev out there but I trust the judgement of the admin team.
Remember that you are you always free to report the posts of disruptive users, and you can also send a PM to any member of the staff. Pretty much every PM voicing a concern about a user is copy/pasted into a new thread on our private section of the forum for discussion. We look into every complaint.

I haven't had a means to report other posters for quite some time now, after having PM'd you about it several times.
By Artemicion 2011-11-03 17:50:12  
Cerberus.Savannah said: »

I don't see it like that honestly. If you actually read it, it is nothing more than clearing up a situation that Flion himself was preparing to start.

Yeah, but problems should be addressed as they come, not made preemptive before they even occur. Otherwise you get a lot of controversy similar to the whole "Precrime" concept from Minority Report.
Awesome movie btw :3
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7