Good riddance.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 18:23:03  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said: »
Sorry, had to step away for a few minutes (I'm still at work) and now that I'm back, I see 4 pages about some issue with PMs.

Again, I can only talk in the abstract because to be totally honest, I have no recollection of the thread in question anyway.

But users need to understand that there is no expectation of privacy in PMs among users. Your expectation of privacy is between you, and us: we're not going to proactively go snooping your conversations and reposting them publicly. First of all, that would just be rude, and second, we just don't have the time even if we wanted to.

But if you send something nasty, solacious, stalkeresque, creepy, or otherwise not okay to a given user, you should have the reasonable expectation that they will forward the conversation to us. We have ways of verifying the integrity of what has been reported.

If they turn around and post your weird-*** PM in public, well... I have to admit I'm not super sympathetic on the surface. But if it's personally damaging to the point that it becomes a form of reverse harassment, then we'll definitely step in, and have in the past.

Ok. So is Krizz posting the thread about the PM and the "threatening" allowed, and if so, are normal users allowed to post similar threads?

This thread

Btw, I'm not necessarily sympathizing with Flion, I could give two *** tbh. However, the way that this is being conducted from someone in a moderator's role seems rather distasteful.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 18:24:58  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Ok. So is Krizz posting the thread about the PM and the "threatening" allowed, and if so, are normal users allowed to post similar threads?

This thread

Btw, I'm not necessarily sympathizing with Flion, I could give two *** tbh. However, the way that this is being conducted from someone in a moderator's role seems rather distasteful.
Check out this thread.
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-11-03 18:24:59  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
37 people rated up Krizz's thread. 807 times the page was viewed. the only way that's a "majority" is if those 37 people all went back to the page 12+ times each

3142 have viewed what Jaerik had to say and there are 52 rate ups. Jaerik is a popular and well received figure amongst our community. Comparing rate ups to page views does not hold any meaning.
it does when someone claims the majority favors something due to a lack of negativity being allowed

I just gave you a situation that casts doubt on the fact the majority agreed with you. The odds that those 37 people all went back to that page 12+ times is near impossible

I went to it 5 times today. 'Sup?
[+]
 Leviathan.Bimbam
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Bimbam
By Leviathan.Bimbam 2011-11-03 18:25:30  
Quote:
he's probably not your daddy

Justin Bieber might be apparantly ;)

Ahh I crack myself up

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 18:25:52  
Man you are blowing this way out of proportion Proth. It doesn't even concern you or anyone else.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-11-03 18:25:55  
As for inconsistency in posts, etc, please don't attribute to malicious intent what can be attributed to simple oversight.

Neither admins nor mods are sitting in epic threads reading every post as it goes by. They can't be expected to. It just isn't their job.

They will drop in from time to time, and glance at the pages of posts before and after for awhile, and then go off and do something else. They can't sit there and read back through all 47 pages of whatever got posted since the last time they were here.

That simply means that sometimes, stuff gets overlooked. They simply didn't see it. If the previous posts got reported and nothing was done, then that's a problem. But in general, you simply can't assume that just because something was permitted on one page, and then was nuked on the next, that the moderator made any sort of conscious decision to be inconsistent.
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-11-03 18:26:42  
you havent replied to my PM jaerik :(
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-03 18:26:49  
This.
I'm not whiteknighting Flion. I haven't interacted with him much over the months I've been here. I'd have no reason.

And we're not even 'gagning up' on Krizz as you said Sav. We're voicing our concerns about the way some things are handled. Again, we understand rules, but don't always appreciate the way they are applied.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2011-11-03 18:26:57  
Cerberus.Savannah said: »
Maybe they missed something? Maybe they didn't get a chance to read all of it at once? Maybe some people just don't care but clicked on it since it was from a mod?

You don't know, we don't know. Point is, Krizz took a precaution to nip a problem before it started to look negatively on him.

It's done, it's over. Quit your whining and move on with your lives. Flion is not your god....he's probably not your daddy....so their really isn't anything to be talking about anymore.
I understand supporting krizz but there is no need to attack us if you don't agree Sav. What exactly do you think behaving like that will produce?

I mean what do you think the way youre acting is producing? you looking like a fool for one, I read threads and I never +1 anyone, I also support the op of this tread

your theory is dumb bro
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-03 18:27:32  
Don't post for banned users. Especially when it bypasses the profanity filter.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By slipispsycho 2011-11-03 18:28:23  
Maybe they missed something? Maybe they didn't get a chance to read all of it at once? Maybe some people just don't care but clicked on it since it was from a mod?

You don't know, we don't know. Point is, Krizz took a precaution to nip a problem before it started to look negatively on him.

It's done, it's over. Quit your whining and move on with your lives. Flion is not your god....he's probably not your daddy....so their really isn't anything to be talking about anymore.
Want to say it, but don't.. Want to say it, but don't.

*** it, of course you would instantly jump to Krizz's defense. No one is saying Flion is our God, I don't even know why you felt the need to throw in the daddy part, but THERE is something to talk about, because the second anyone posted a thread about a PM they got (and he saw it), Krizz would shut it down, the second someone posted about a PM they got in an already existing thread, Krizz would shut it down, the second they made a thread about some BS drama with another user, Krizz would shut it down.

Yet because he's a mod he's just allowed to do that.

EDIT: Didn't specify, a PM involving inter-personal drama in some way or another.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-11-03 18:28:37  
As I'm to understand, every time that someone is banned there is a post explaining why so the rest of the community does not do the same thing.

Why is this any different?
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-11-03 18:28:42  
I'm not attacking anyone. I didn't say names, I just said people need to quit whining about the moderation being done. God forbid anyone gets banned or topicbanned or anything deleted.

I've had stuff deleted...it happens. *shrugs*
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 18:28:43  
Figured you would, posted anyway. Regardless,

Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Man you are blowing this way out of proportion Proth. It doesn't even concern you or anyone else.

Correct, so why in the name of *** was it posted to begin with?

Banning Flion and Sevourn was moderation. That is not being contested.

The ensuing thread was unnecessary.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-11-03 18:29:20  
Ok. So is Krizz posting the thread about the PM and the "threatening" allowed, and if so, are normal users allowed to post similar threads?[/url]

That's a tough question. In the past, we had a blanket ban on any mod, admin, or user reposting in whole, or in part, any component of a private conversation.

But then users complained that our decisions to ban users based on threatening or harassing behavior over PMs was not transparent enough, and asked us to share that information where appropriate, especially if the user was now banned and the other was an admin or mod.

I don't know how to answer this. In general, there's nothing in the rules about someone reposting part of your PM conversation. There is no magical privacy rule. But there is a rule against harassment, and if someone is reposting a PM as part of an ongoing campaign to harass, intimidate, or otherwise belittle someone, it can be considered to fall into that umbrella rule.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 18:30:17  
Psycho Slip said: »

Want to say it, but don't.. Want to say it, but don't.

*** it, of course you would instantly jump to Krizz's defense. No one is saying Flion is our God, I don't even know why you felt the need to throw in the daddy part, but THERE is something to talk about, because the second anyone posted a thread about a PM they got (and he saw it), Krizz would shut it down, the second someone posted about a PM they got in an already existing thread, Krizz would shut it down, the second they made a thread about some BS drama with another user, Krizz would shut it down.

Yet because he's a mod he's just allowed to do that.
So you want a thread that is doomed to die in thread hell to be deleted just to appease your "IT'S NOT FAIR" complaints?
refer to this:
 Fenrir.Didgist
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-11-03 18:30:31  
This whole "I've been wronged and my name is tarnished" outcry coming from a guy with a mule named Huttburt.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-11-03 18:30:37  
Carbuncle.Lolserj said: »
I have 27 to get through and haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm still at work. Monitoring this thread and contributing to it in semi-real-time is about the best I can manage right now.
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-11-03 18:31:15  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said: »
Carbuncle.Lolserj said: »
I have 27 to get through and haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm still at work. Monitoring this thread and contributing to it in semi-real-time is about the best I can manage right now.

ah ok
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-03 18:31:34  
Ramuh.Krizz said: »
This reply make your decision about that thread even worse.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 18:32:05  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
How so?
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-03 18:32:39  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I've been consistent in deleting posts users make to relay messages from banned users.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-03 18:33:31  
Bah, running in circles around the point.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2011-11-03 18:33:32  
when you are trying so hard to make a point, anything becomes relevant 8D
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 18:33:47  
I'm not even defending Flion or the tarnishing of names, I'm trying to understand why when we, the normal posters, post a thread similar to the one in question, it gets shut down, but it's perfectly fine for a moderator. The "BUT HE NEEDS TO KEEP HIS PUBLIC REPUTATION UP!!!1!!!111" argument doesn't fly.

Also the deletion of the post was expected, hopefully some people saw it first however.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7