how is that a player warning?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-03 18:04:13  
Artemicion said: »
We're not necessarily defending Flion nor "attacking" Krizz for his actions. We're simply noting that making a public thread based on PM based blackmail/threats based on some outside context of something that happened five months ago is not only unnecessary, but simply generates further drama by exposing it to the public.
This. This! THIS!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 18:04:39  
We're not necessarily defending Flion nor "attacking" Krizz for his actions. We're simply noting that making a public thread based on PM based blackmail/threats based on some outside context of something that happened five months ago is not only unnecessary, but simply generates further drama by exposing it to the public.

This, and the fact that it is completely hypocritical.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 18:06:29  
Could just throw it over onto the mod forum rather than deleting it too!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 18:06:32  

So if he had chosen to not expose it, then Flion had one of his clique expose it instead, can you imagine the shstorm that would ensue. I guarantee you Krizz would be labeled as having a vendetta against Flion before even having a chance to jusitfy the content. By doing it this way, he can at least inform you of the situation rather than have to defend himself against angry users with a mislead preconception of what actually happened.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-11-03 18:06:41  
I gotta go to work.
Before I go I just wanna say thank you to all Mods/Admins for making this place a nice place to post and get invaluable information.

See you all later tonight.
And to ease the weight of the tension here, here are some fluffy kittens.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xiong
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2011-11-03 18:06:44  
I don't know, but that thread of Krizz's seems to have a lot of [+] seems like the majority online atm reading these threads agrees and is happy with this decision and/or his post.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-11-03 18:07:25  
Ragnarok.Corvinus said: »
I don't know, but that thread of Krizz's seems to have a lot of [+] seems like the majority online atm reading these threads agrees and is happy with this decision and/or his post.

Check the people who liked it.
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-11-03 18:07:37  
If you don't like the rules...don't post.

If you don't like the moderation...don't do something stupid that's going to get you in trouble. Send a PM to a mod/admin and they'll review whatever the issue is.

If you don't like another player...block them.

Ta~da. Everyone's happy.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-03 18:08:01  

Yay kittens! :3

Cya Artemicion!
[+]
 Valefor.Lieniite
user: Lieniite
By Valefor.Lieniite 2011-11-03 18:08:30  
But it's worse than threatening someone with blackmail about something from 5 months ago?

I really don't understand how people can be more upset about a thread, explaining why a known trouble maker was banned...a trouble maker who is threatening to blackmail/"expose" someone.

Really guys, your bias is showing...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
user: Xiong
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2011-11-03 18:08:59  
Keeping a site a live, I think is about numbers and majority. Not who.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 18:09:17  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »

So if he had chosen to not expose it, then Flion had one of his clique expose it instead, can you imagine the shstorm that would ensue. I guarantee you Krizz would be labeled as having a vendetta against Flion before even having a chance to jusitfy the content. By doing it this way, he can at least inform you of the situation rather than have to defend himself against angry users with a mislead preconception of what actually happened.

It would change nothing. It has changed nothing. Anyone who does not enjoy Krizz's company (for the record I'm not one of these people, for the most part) will not have their opinion swayed, and it cannot be made worse, by that PM. Those who don't care won't care. Those who are with Krizz likely will not be swayed by it, and if they are then they're fickle. A public demonstration was unecessary and if anyone else had done it, it would have more than likely been cast down by the hand of god.

There's the same couple of people that are on his posts (for lack of a more PC term) every time. It's the exact same thing as any other "clique" on these boards. Moderator status should not entitle more posting rights.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 18:09:30  
Valefor.Lieniite said: »
But it's worse than threatening someone with blackmail about something from 5 months ago?

I really don't understand how people can be more upset about a thread, explaining why a known trouble maker was banned...a trouble maker who is threatening to blackmail/"expose" someone.

Really guys, your bias is showing...
Everyone's bias is showing because we all have bias. :D
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2011-11-03 18:09:39  

Krizz was only exposing it, so that it could/would make everyone be aware of what course of action would happen, if there was ever a recourse.

I'm sure that he has said umpteen times, and is tired of repeating the rules.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 18:10:02  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Check the people who liked it.

Why is that relevant? 36 and growing is alot of people.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-03 18:10:03  

You're blindly defending him. Mods make mistakes, green bar doesn't make them unerring.

They just approve Flion's ban.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 18:12:59  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
You're blindly defending him. Mods make mistakes, green bar doesn't make them unerring.

Of course I'm defending his decision because I think it is the right thing to do when you are threatened by that sort of action. How do you know the thoughts and reasoning of 36 people?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 18:14:46  
So suppose someone sent me a threatening PM saying they were going to expose my deepest, darkest secrets. And on top of that let's just say they add in lots and lots of other unpleasantness. Say I make a thread about this to protect myself from future backlash from the community.

I do not have a green bar. Will my post be deleted.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-11-03 18:15:08  

Of course I'm defending his decision because I think it is the right thing to do when you are threatened by that sort of action. How do you know the thoughts and reasoning of 36 people?

The only people supporting it are people who disliked Flion. How ignorant can you act?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-03 18:15:20  
Of course I'm defending his decision because I think it is the right thing to do when you are threatened by that sort of action.
Tomorrow we will all start threads to defend ourselves in our personal battles against our e-enemies.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 18:15:32  
Let us say for the case of the argument he got rid of it?
Would it really matter?
No.
Since people can't post on it other topics will take precedence and we'll forget about it.
Happens all the time.
So it's either we forget about it because it's been removed or we forget about it because it doesn't matter anymore...hmm.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
So suppose someone sent me a threatening PM saying they were going to expose my deepest, darkest secrets. And on top of that let's just say they add in lots and lots of other unpleasantness. Say I make a thread about this to protect myself from future backlash from the community.

Can you ban users?
Can you make posts explaining your bans of users?
The answer is no for both.
So you wouldn't really have as much of a point to make that post and would have made it strictly for dramas sake adding to that you can't lock posts either so it would become a possible posting frenzy.
So I mean..it's not really the same thing.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2011-11-03 18:15:52  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

its not that sirius
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 18:16:05  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
37 people rated up Krizz's thread. 807 times the page was viewed. the only way that's a "majority" is if those 37 people all went back to the page 12+ times each

3142 have viewed what Jaerik had to say and there are 52 rate ups. Jaerik is a popular and well received figure amongst our community. Comparing rate ups to page views does not hold any meaning.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 18:17:50  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
37 people rated up Krizz's thread. 807 times the page was viewed. the only way that's a "majority" is if those 37 people all went back to the page 12+ times each

3142 have viewed what Jaerik had to say and there are 52 rate ups. Jaerik is a popular and well received figure amongst our community. Comparing rate ups to page views does not hold any meaning.

Because there are 3,000 members on this website that post and rate posts. 60%+ of those are likely F5ing of anyone posting in this thread right now. What cause does someone have to read the other thread more than once?
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 18:18:54  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
The only people supporting it are people who disliked Flion. How ignorant can you act?

So you happen to know that every one of those 36 people disliked Flion? I'm curious to know how you can know this?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-11-03 18:20:08  
Sorry, had to step away for a few minutes (I'm still at work) and now that I'm back, I see 4 pages about some issue with PMs.

Again, I can only talk in the abstract because to be totally honest, I have no recollection of the thread in question anyway.

But users need to understand that there is no expectation of privacy in PMs among users. Your expectation of privacy is between you, and us: we're not going to proactively go snooping your conversations and reposting them publicly. First of all, that would just be rude, and second, we just don't have the time even if we wanted to.

But if you send something nasty, solacious, stalkeresque, creepy, or otherwise not okay to a given user, you should have the reasonable expectation that they will forward the conversation to us. We have ways of verifying the integrity of what has been reported.

If they turn around and post your weird-*** PM in public, well... I have to admit I'm not super sympathetic on the surface. But if it's personally damaging to the point that it becomes a form of reverse harassment, then we'll definitely step in, and have in the past.
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-11-03 18:21:52  
Maybe they missed something? Maybe they didn't get a chance to read all of it at once? Maybe some people just don't care but clicked on it since it was from a mod?

You don't know, we don't know. Point is, Krizz took a precaution to nip a problem before it started to look negatively on him.

It's done, it's over. Quit your whining and move on with your lives. Flion is not your god....he's probably not your daddy....so their really isn't anything to be talking about anymore.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7