Message From the Admins
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-03 17:50:55  
Bahamut.Itze said: »
What about those who didn't get a warning and flat out topic banned? One mod didn't touch the subject but when another walked by it they slapped the ban with out word.
Sometimes mods overlook things, or even disagree. It's not uncommon to leave a topicban or deleted posts in place while we discuss it. If the decision is made to revoke the decision, we do so.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 17:51:57  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Not going to say anything really, but I feel like this should be taken down... It's clearly an attack on Flion and shouldn't really be there..

I'm not going to say it's an attack, but it's clearly hypocritical and does not really deserve to be up.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-11-03 17:52:11  
Artemicion said: »
Yeah, but problems should be addressed as they come, not made preemptive before they even occur. Otherwise you get a lot of controversy similar to the whole "Precrime" concept from Minority Report.
Awesome movie btw :3

Ramuh.Krizz said: »
Flion sent me a PM threatening to expose a PM

not really the same at all.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 17:52:35  
Cerberus.Savannah said: »
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Not going to say anything really, but I feel like this should be taken down... It's clearly an attack on Flion and shouldn't really be there..
I don't see it like that honestly. If you actually read it, it is nothing more than clearing up a situation that Flion himself was preparing to start.
Yeah, but problems should be addressed as they come, not made preemptive before they even occur. Otherwise you get a lot of controversy similar to the whole "Precrime" concept from Minority Report. Awesome movie btw :3

The fact that he is even acting like that towards Krizz is laughable and pathetic. Krizz is only covering his own back, because it seems Flion has all the time in the world to try and concoct some form of 'internet revenge' I mean come on get a life.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-11-03 17:53:09  
But it never happened. It was a personal message with intent that never went into fruition. You can't attack someone for their thoughts.
Even if there was legitimacy to it, the fact that it's via PMs means such a thread never should have been made; let alone publicized.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 17:53:49  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said: »
Yeah, but problems should be addressed as they come, not made preemptive before they even occur. Otherwise you get a lot of controversy similar to the whole "Precrime" concept from Minority Report.

So does that mean that if I get a threatening PM I get to make a drama thread outside of the rules? Or do I not get to because I'm not a moderator?

If Krizz is comfortable with his standing he should have nothing to fear from someone with a PM.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-03 17:54:26  
I found out because he was already spreading the image around. Not to mention he TOLD ME that he would expose it. The focus of the post was the background story to the image, and the situation being discussed.

I did basically the same thing the day Dasva was banned. He threatened to expose a PM. I posted it in Ni or Random Thoughts. He responded, and Jaerik came in shortly afterwards and banned him.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 17:55:26  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

So does that mean that if I get a threatening PM I get to make a drama thread outside of the rules? Or do I not get to because I'm not a moderator?

If Krizz is comfortable with his standing he should have nothing to fear from someone with a PM.
It's not like anyone can post on it.
I'd say he posted it due to transparency and clarification within the community. He respected you guys enough to actually tell you guys about it rather than going all cloak and dagger(which would be what I'd do as a moderator, cut and dry ;D). :/
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 17:56:41  
Ramuh.Vinvv said: »

And that makes it any different how? It's the type of thread that we're told not to post. Period.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-11-03 17:56:50  
/bites tongue

I should do this more. I feel bad now.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 17:57:25  
Yeah, but problems should be addressed as they come, not made preemptive before they even occur. Otherwise you get a lot of controversy similar to the whole "Precrime" concept from Minority Report. Awesome movie btw :3
So does that mean that if I get a threatening PM I get to make a drama thread outside of the rules? Or do I not get to because I'm not a moderator? If Krizz is comfortable with his standing he should have nothing to fear from someone with a PM.

When somebody threatens to do something that will have a negative impact on you, you take steps to prevent it from happening. To not do this is leaving yourself open to damage and quite frankly, very stupid.
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-11-03 17:57:37  
I think half of you just feel like ganging up on Krizz for actually doing some moderating....

Just like when pics that bypass the filter get deleted, he automatically gets the blame for it.

Don't break the rules and you have nothing to worry about...it's that simple. I've had a pic deleted...I've had comments deleted...it happens. Shrug it off and try to post better next time. It's not hard.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-11-03 17:57:43  
What rule did Krizz break by posting that thread? Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see it as an attack at all. If someone believes it's an attack simply for the fact that the person being spoken of can not respond your definition of attack is flawed.

If that's not it, what is the rule being broken or what specific statement in that post is an attack?

iirc Jaerik had posted a PM of someone threatening the website a while back, seems like a similar situation to me.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-11-03 17:57:51  
I just don't think PM based blackmail needs to be addressed publicly by a new thread available for everyone to see.
If it gets thrown out there, it only threatens the credibility of those in accomplice with the said person banned more so than the need to "cover your tracks" or defend yourself.

To do so creates unnecessary perpetuation of drama you sought to advert in the first place. Rather self defeating in my opinion.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 17:58:09  
Ramuh.Vinvv said: »

And that makes it any different how? It's the type of thread that we're told not to post. Period.
I didn't know anything about it until it was brought up, what does that tell you?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-03 17:58:24  
I was told the title of the thread was offensive, so I have changed it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-03 17:58:44  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
When somebody threatens to do something that will have a negative impact on you, you take steps to prevent it from happening. To not do this is leaving yourself open to damage and quite frankly, very stupid.
Point is that everyone should be able to do it then. And this will lead to a lot of public dramas. We don't want that? Then Krizz shouldn't as well. Just that.
 Asura.Hit
サーバ: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2011-11-03 17:59:49  
Keep up the good work guys, I for one respect what you do, and I love the site. It's an invaluable tool for the game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By slipispsycho 2011-11-03 18:00:24  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Point is that everyone should be able to do it then. And this will lead to a lot of public dramas. We don't want that? Then Krizz shouldn't as well. Just that.
I'm afraid I have to agree with this.. I've never been a fan of "Do as I say, not as I do".
 Valefor.Lieniite
user: Lieniite
By Valefor.Lieniite 2011-11-03 18:00:44  
I find it laughable that some people here think Krizz is the bad guy for making that thread when all he was doing was nipping a problem in the bud before it blew out.

Let's be honest, we all know flion craved drama and is probably egging some of the nay-sayers on via other means, all the ban and thread did was take wind out of his sails, the sails of someone already banned for their ongoing stirring.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-03 18:00:52  
What rule did Krizz break by posting that thread? Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see it as an attack at all. If someone believes it's an attack simply for the fact that the person being spoken of can not respond your definition of attack is flawed. If that's not it, what is the rule being broken or what specific statement in that post is an attack? iirc Jaerik had posted a PM of someone threatening the website a while back, seems like a similar situation to me.

I think it was Vigor threatening to sue the site for damages or something ridiculous. Of course everybody found it hilarious because of his social standing as a complete nutter. The only reason this is different is because Flion has a little clique of followers who somehow think he does not fully deserve everything he is getting.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 18:01:05  
I find it concerning that so many people are willing to fall in line and accept it just because Krizz did it. I guarantee that if I were to post a similar thread tomorrow it would be locked or nuked as a "player warning".

Lakshmi.Jaerik said: »
- Player Warnings are no longer permitted. (This includes posting it in an already existing thread.)

Has this been appended?
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-11-03 18:02:24  
(checks to see if he's banned)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-11-03 18:02:42  
If a user and I were involved in some sort of relationship where they acquired, say, naughty pics of me and the other user gets pissed at me for not saying "<3" at the end of a PM to the point where they're threatening to post my naughty naughty pics, or they're spreading it around via PM, I would alert the mod/admin crew.

What's the difference? Someone would temp ban that user; is it really such an issue that Krizz didn't ask another mod to temp ban?

Or am I not understanding the issue.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-03 18:03:01  
Why the *** does the public have to know about it to begin with? You're a moderator, you take care of it yourself. What are we going to do about it? If people are willing to listen to Flion to begin with when/if he attacks you, odds are their opinion of you is already sour. The thread changes nothing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-11-03 18:03:20  
I find it concerning that so many people are willing to fall in line and accept it just because Krizz did it. I guarantee that if I were to post a similar thread tomorrow it would be locked or nuked as a "player warning".

Lakshmi.Jaerik said: »
- Player Warnings are no longer permitted. (This includes posting it in an already existing thread.)

Has this been appended?
Not of a matter of accepting or not accepting. I just don't care...him deleting it just so you can save face on something that happened already seems silly...if it happens again, by all means go at it...but eh.
Digging up the past is all it seems like to me.
By Artemicion 2011-11-03 18:03:21  
We're not necessarily defending Flion nor "attacking" Krizz for his actions. We're simply noting that making a public thread based on PM based blackmail/threats based on some outside context of something that happened five months ago is not only unnecessary, but simply generates further drama by exposing it to the public.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7