btw I voted/liked for it to help, if it helps

Thank you.

well that's + 1 I guess lol~
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 21:51:04  
Just a thought, but do you have any idea how overpowered Scythe would be if you could ride Catastrophe aftermath and throw out overpowered Entropys?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-02 21:51:43  
Mishaa said: »
I already understand that, believe me if this doesn't work that wont either. The vast majority of people are already on one side or another, those on the fence wont likely be moved until after the weapon skill is on normal servers. If this doesnt get enough support to change a thing then it wont and i'll accept that people just don't care to change it.
Try not to have that attitude, the test server is the best place to voice your opinion. Once it is out on the main servers 99.9% chance it won't change, at all. Unless SE needs to make some tweaks to accompany changes.

You really only have til mid december, if you really want it changed you gotta try.
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 21:52:22  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Just a thought, but do you have any idea how overpowered Scythe would be if you could ride Catastrophe aftermath and throw out overpowered Entropys?

D: well what is Ukko's Fury then?!? I kid... sortof
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 21:53:55  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
I already understand that, believe me if this doesn't work that wont either. The vast majority of people are already on one side or another, those on the fence wont likely be moved until after the weapon skill is on normal servers. If this doesnt get enough support to change a thing then it wont and i'll accept that people just don't care to change it.
Try not to have that attitude, the test server is the best place to voice your opinion. Once it is out on the main servers 99.9% chance it won't change, at all. Unless SE needs to make some tweaks to accompany changes.

You really only have til mid december, if you really want it changed you gotta try.

Yeah I know, but people rarely like to lose hope until they see it not working for themselves.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 21:54:45  

The difference between Ukko's and SuperAwesome!Entropy with Catastrophe aftermath is that Ukon isn't a "utility" weapon. It's a pure DD weapon. Apoc is a "utility" weapon, in that its primary function is not to do damage. It's more like a blood-tank weapon.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-02 21:55:20  
Ukko's Fury don't got shizzat on Tachi: Shoha
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 21:55:58  

The difference between Ukko's and SuperAwesome!Entropy with Catastrophe aftermath is that Ukon isn't a "utility" weapon. It's a pure DD weapon. Apoc is a "utility" weapon, in that it's primary function is not to do damage. It's more like a blood-tank weapon.

I think it would then simply switch roles no?
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 21:56:58  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Oookay... tachi: Shoha on... whats the myth/emp/relic of choice for that these days?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 21:57:26  

No it'd be an uber tanking weapon of doom, and PLD would only be useful in situations that DRK can't facetank, which would be limited to a few T3 Voidwatch fights like Harpy *** and idk. At 99 those might not even be an issue.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 21:57:39  

Oookay... tachi: Shoha on... whats the myth/emp/relic of choice for that these days?

Mythic
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 21:59:04  

No it'd be an uber tanking weapon of doom, and PLD would only be useful in situations that DRK can't facetank, which is limited to a few T3 Voidwatch fights like Harpy *** and idk.

I have no idea how that would make sense lol... the aftermath on apoc doesnt help you tank?? or am I missing something ... Im 'thinking' that you are thinking of catastrophe's drain effect which is not an aftermath.

Feel free to correct me, never had an apoc of my own :/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-02 22:01:04  

1) Mythic
2) Relic
3) Keitonotachi
4) Everything else

I digress, DRK thread etc.

Apocalypse's aftermath helps you tank in that you can wear PDT gear while TPing in place of some haste.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-02 22:02:15  
Fixing the ws scythe for dark is not going to change anything.

You must first change the root of the problem, SE's way of thinking.

How SE views what dark should be:
-What if blm could melee with penalties to magic damage in exchange for that-

How the community views dark should be:
-War using arcane powers to achieve said output-
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 22:02:28  
I have no idea how that would make sense lol... the aftermath on apoc doesnt help you tank?? or am I missing something ... Im 'thinking' that you are thinking of catastrophe's drain effect which is not an aftermath.

It allows you to have capped haste in a defensive set. Nightfyre took down his set, so I don't remember exactly what % of -MDT/PDT you're looking at, and what your x-hit is at, but it's still really strong. Not to mention you will be using Catastrophe to keep your aftermath up, which heals you.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 22:03:19  
Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »

you be talkin superior MMO talk -> :c
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 22:03:42  

That may be, but in the mean time whats wrong with a bump to what may be our final scythe weapon skill?
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 22:05:11  

It allows you to have capped haste in a defensive set. Nightfyre took down his set, so I don't remember exactly what % of -MDT/PDT you're looking at, and what your x-hit is at, but it's still really strong. Not to mention you will be using Catastrophe to keep your aftermath up, which heals you.

Oh I see, but that is possible with or without a strong entropy just possibly - damage output.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 22:07:10  
Oh I see, but that is possible with or without a strong entropy just possibly - damage output.

Well yeah, but strong damage output coupled with survivability and hate tools is what puts x-job ahead of y-job.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-02 22:07:17  
Answer is to wear a ridill, sub MNK, and spam Spirits Within.
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 22:13:10  

Well yeah, but strong damage output coupled with survivability and hate tools is what puts x-job ahead of y-job.

We do have a lot of DD tanks now anyway~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-02 22:15:27  
I'm not really sure what to say, but not all of the new weapon skills were meant to be the best of the best for every job that has access to them.

Some of the weapon skills were designed in mind for jobs that don't have access to some of the more powerful weapon skills.

Also it's fine linking to the official forum, some people just don't like going there for one reason or another.
The problem with espousing this line of thought when discussing Entropy is that the best reports I've heard thus far put it pretty even with Catastrophe when accounting for Apoc's innate 25% damage bonus to that weaponskill. That 25% boost placed it as the best scythe WS available... which means this new WS is likely the best scythe WS available (barring Souleater + Guillotine) for non-Apoc DRKs. DRK's best weapon is currently its secondary weapon, which is unique among all of FFXI's jobs. Well, maybe not now that PLD has Realmrazer but then you have the argument that a PLD should have Almace or Excal... I digress. Barring a relic or mythic, greatsword outperforms scythe even ignoring the implementation of Resolution. Even Apoc only shines by way of utility rather than damage output; it'll only beat Ragnarok if it allows you to play more aggressively.

I'll be able to confirm or refute the comparison to Cata shortly but in the meantime, this is what I have.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-02 22:16:50  
Also wouldn't start your request off with:

"People here get very opinionated so I'll try to keep this short and simple." (although I think that is a much better quality than not having an opinion at all.)

You may not be an active user here, but if you want the support of that group it is best not to put labels on them.
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 22:20:56  
Also wouldn't start your request off with:

"People here get very opinionated so I'll try to keep this short and simple."

You may not be an active user here, but if you want the support of that group it is best not to put labels on them.

It was intended as a friendly 'poke', I may not post much but I read a lot so I have a some idea of how the community is here.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-02 22:25:42  
That may be, but in the mean time whats wrong with a bump to what may be our final scythe weapon skill?
I fear that doing that is just about as productive as putting new rims on a car............with no engine.

The only good things SE has done for drk are giving us a trait that helps with soul eater and fixing the timer on last resort(something we should have been given since the haste cap).
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 22:27:51  
I fear that doing that is just about as productive as putting new rims on a car............with no engine.

The only good things SE has done for drk are giving us a trait that helps with soul eater and fixing the timer on last resort(something we should have been given since the haste cap).

At least the car would look a bit better?
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-02 22:28:27  

Last i saw drk can use 2 relics, 2 emps, has a good mythic and gotten alot of magic.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-02 22:30:23  
Bahamut.Zangada said: »

Last i saw drk can use 2 relics, 2 emps, has a good mythic and gotten alot of magic.

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8