フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Petition - Make Entropy Stronger
Petition - Make Entropy Stronger
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 04:36:01  
Even with your formula, your numbers don't add up.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 04:40:05  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Even with your formula, your numbers don't add up.
By inconsequential amounts related to dumping sub 0.1% chances and perhaps typo'ing 0.94 in one of the cases, I think 7 hits. Can't be assed because none of that changes the result.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 04:46:04  
(0.95*(7*(0.95^6*(1-0.95)^1)))

Doesn't equal 28%.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 04:52:41  
Even with your formula, your 8 hit is behind.

5.39 for your 8 hit vs 5.55 for the 4 hit.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 04:59:55  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Even with your formula, your 8 hit is behind.

5.39 for your 8 hit vs 5.55 for the 4 hit.
Thats because you're missing the second block of those that adds in the occurrence of the first hit missing to each case (the leading 0.95 isn't all of it, it's pretty much the whole thing added again but inverted and makes no sense the first time you look at it. I chopped them off so I would only have to change half as many numbers, like 64 of them by hand, since this was coming from the same thing done with Guillotine),

If you were to iterate all of those they'd only add up to ~91% but they're still fine for estimates, and you're still doing the 4-hit wrong or just outright lying about it now. Even using the 24% chance of 7 hits (I did typo 0.94 on it) and just letting the percentage slide low (so now you're still saying the whole WS misses 9% of the time) the eight hit WS still comes out ahead.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 05:01:40  
Actually, no I know what the confusion is. I used 1 fTP for 3 hits on the 4 hit instead of .75.

I didn't realize that you had been doing that this entire time, that explains a lot more. I was under the impression Proth suggested it be a normal 4 hit with 3 fTP, not one of the new ones with fTP spread across all hits.

In that case I got 4.88 average for the 4 hit.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 05:06:36  
Don't use the same percentages for his WS. His chance of four hits is 81.5% and three hits is ~17.5%, 1% for two or less.

Any really ancient DRK will know these by heart. This was the crux of DRK and Guillotine for years.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 05:07:39  
I didn't use any of his numbers, except the 3+1+1+1 fTP not 3+.75+.75+.75 like you are doing, which is where a lot of confusion was I think.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 05:13:04  
Anyway, aside from my general doubt it was just hilariously dumb luck in the numbers picked that my WS averaged higher than his best case WS in the end. It's strange how people will believe one thing or another without actually checking first. Even if his did average higher I'd still rather have the higher spike damage potential because Quietus and/or Torcleaver is the WS for consistency and hard targets and not every fight is longer than 60 seconds (rare few are, actually).

As if SE would give it a first hit fTP higher than the whole of Quietus. At least my eight hit proposal makes a little sense in implementation: hits twice per swing. Both are crazy ideas anyway.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-12-04 05:58:22  
They should make Entropy's damage continuously increase.

/physicsjoke
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-12-04 06:15:48  
If you can't discuss things in a civil manner without tossing insults back and forth, don't post.
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2011-12-04 06:58:29  
this is all my primitive mind is taking away from this thread...
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-12-04 08:50:28  
Just do something simple like add MAB as well as INT to WS modifier.

Or just bump FTP up a smidge.

Or give it a useful debuff like plague (cough Suzaku punch cough).

However I fear its probably to late and I'll just be spamming Catastrophe in PvE forever.
By Greever 2011-12-04 11:40:37  
wouldent Prothescar's 4 hit come out ahead when u factor in double/triple att procs?
 Bismarck.Cordareo
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2011-12-04 12:13:29  
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-12-04 12:20:31  
New WS isn't even out and DRKs already Q_Q about it. All is as it should be.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-04 12:22:50  
I'm surprised Urteil didn't make this thread!
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 12:23:13  
Odin.Sheelay said: »

Yes, because when something is being tested there is no expectation that it might change.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-12-04 12:33:49  
awe, no one has posted any actual damage numbers yet?
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 12:39:54  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
awe, no one has posted any actual damage numbers yet?

They've been posted in other threads... like the one about the new gs ws. I'd repost but ehh.. seems to range from around a low 1k - 2.2 ,2.4k
By Sakuhra 2011-12-04 12:40:21  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Um that´s why it is called Test server to test new things and give feedback...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 13:25:42  
Officially it's called a test server, but from what has been shown on SE's part it really is more of a preview server than anything.

From the dev comments I've seen they rarely take into account what we think, at least NA.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-12-04 13:44:00  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
They should make Entropy's damage continuously increase.

/physicsjoke

Or from another angle, make the damage gradually more inconsistent.
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2011-12-04 13:45:59  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Officially it's called a test server, but from what has been shown on SE's part it really is more of a preview server than anything.

From the dev comments I've seen they rarely take into account what we think, at least NA.
have they ever? just prepare to be railed per usual.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-04 13:50:54  
Bismarck.Markas said: »

JP seem kinda stupid about some things. Like they seem content with shitty weaponskills/job abilities. I don't know why. I mean a few crappy things made it through testing when other communities obviously did testing. S/E would take JPs word for something instead of tons of parsing and testing at BG/FFXIAH.

I seen alot of weird crap though, weird gear combos and stuff..

They didn't seem to complain at all about tactical parry, Scarlet Derp,
 Asura.Perrymason
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-12-04 14:48:59  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Bismarck.Markas said: »

JP seem kinda stupid about some things. Like they seem content with shitty weaponskills/job abilities. I don't know why. I mean a few crappy things made it through testing when other communities obviously did testing. S/E would take JPs word for something instead of tons of parsing and testing at BG/FFXIAH.

I seen alot of weird crap though, weird gear combos and stuff..

They didn't seem to complain at all about tactical parry, Scarlet Derp,

Who needs good gear/abilities/WS's when you have a JPButton.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-04 15:31:05  
I read most of page 1 and skimmed the rest but I wanna make sure I get this right. I don't go to the official forums because I see a lot of players who seem..... set back. You know the kind of player who wishes there was a game genie for FFXI and that fully upgraded relics dropped from forest hares (or 10k damage ws was meritable)?

We are getting a ws that performs close to if not on par with CATA and gives MP back, even from enemies that dont have mp... and you are upset about that?

Just checking.

*edit* double post derp
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 17:32:24  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I read most of page 1 and skimmed the rest but I wanna make sure I get this right. I don't go to the official forums because I see a lot of players who seem..... set back. You know the kind of player who wishes there was a game genie for FFXI and that fully upgraded relics dropped from forest hares (or 10k damage ws was meritable)?

We are getting a ws that performs close to if not on par with CATA and gives MP back, even from enemies that dont have mp... and you are upset about that?

Just checking.

*edit* double post derp

Upset isn't the correct terminology, unsatisfied is closer to what it is. Never really been into GS on drk, I have skilled it and kept one but always loved swingin ma scythe... the pairing of this and resolution almost makes scythe a silly choice for those that don't have an apoc. Being a drk yourself I would think you would be aware of this issue among the many other faults with drk atm but no sense wasting time on that now is there.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8