フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Petition - Make Entropy Stronger
Petition - Make Entropy Stronger
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-04 17:43:12  
Mishaa said: »

Upset isn't the correct terminology, unsatisfied is closer to what it is. Never really been into GS on drk, I have skilled it and kept one but always loved swingin ma scythe... the pairing of this and resolution almost makes scythe a silly choice for those that don't have an apoc. Being a drk yourself I would think you would be aware of this issue among the many other faults with drk atm but no sense wasting time on that now is there.

I'm unsatisfied with the output my Paladin is getting while using a staff. We have an A- in staff, and I've never really jumped onto the whole sword bandwagon. I too am making a petition, one that would increase Shell Crusher's damage 20-fold. I like using a staff and I like using Paladin, so I'm insisting SE adjust this fault in the game to compensate for my lack of understanding that other jobs, other weapons, and other weapon skills exist.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-04 17:45:24  
Instead of complaining about this, you guys should probably consider testing/confirming Resolution's attack penalty and complaining about that.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 17:46:52  
Didn't DRKs used to complain about GS sucking so much because DRKs in other FF games never used scythes?
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 17:57:24  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »

Upset isn't the correct terminology, unsatisfied is closer to what it is. Never really been into GS on drk, I have skilled it and kept one but always loved swingin ma scythe... the pairing of this and resolution almost makes scythe a silly choice for those that don't have an apoc. Being a drk yourself I would think you would be aware of this issue among the many other faults with drk atm but no sense wasting time on that now is there.

I'm unsatisfied with the output my Paladin is getting while using a staff. We have an A- in staff, and I've never really jumped onto the whole sword bandwagon. I too am making a petition, one that would increase Shell Crusher's damage 20-fold. I like using a staff and I like using Paladin, so I'm insisting SE adjust this fault in the game to compensate for my lack of understanding that other jobs, other weapons, and other weapon skills exist.

*sigh* waste time by blowing a simple request out of proportion.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-04 17:58:24  
What? I thought we had a lot in common :( Join forces, no?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-04 18:47:53  
I have a Redemption that I made after making Caladbolg. I had almost the entirety of ffxiah call me foolish for doing so. I recognize that both weapon types have a situational place. I would like to point out that you are going to compound the "many faults of drk" by refusing to use GS.

I do think you can be a very viable dark knight with scythe alone. It's fairly simple to 5-hit scythe (even more than it is to 6-hit GS) and you can use that ws frequency to your advantage.

Maybe you should divert your energies toward SE adding some ability that converts MP to attack (just an example). That, coupled with faster ws frequency, could be exactly what you're looking for with Entropy.

Either way, good luck to you. I didn't mean to sound so inflammatory but having played since NA release I recall updates that were constant dissapointment. It's hard for me to see players getting Prime Rib for dinner and throwing a fit because its not Filet Mignon.
[+]
By volkom 2011-12-04 18:51:05  
So without having to backread the entire 7 pages of whining.

whats the main concern about this ws? Is it better or not better than guillotine?
 Titan.Bomber
サーバ: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-12-04 19:09:56  
lol i see this is still going on >.>a i have been reading some and seems like ppl wants us DRKs to settle for a lolutility shitty WS when we have always ,always asked for a decent WS ..seriously from lvl 1 we have to wait 60+ lvls to see guillotine thats BS..then we go up to 99 and thats gonna still be the best? even more BS SE's golden boy SAM gets boosts topped w/ boosts and so does WAR XD DRK needs some too SE took zerg away from DRK and Apoc's super fast swings ..WTF
[+]
By GraddHelian 2011-12-04 19:32:59  
To be fair Oldschool Apoc was a little too broken.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-04 19:46:03  
This would have primarily affected non-Apoc/Redemption DRKs, nevermind the fact that it's been years since Apoc could really claim that status. It's starting to look like both scythe and great sword WS will be relatively mediocre though.
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 19:58:39  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I have a Redemption that I made after making Caladbolg. I had almost the entirety of ffxiah call me foolish for doing so. I recognize that both weapon types have a situational place. I would like to point out that you are going to compound the "many faults of drk" by refusing to use GS.

I do think you can be a very viable dark knight with scythe alone. It's fairly simple to 5-hit scythe (even more than it is to 6-hit GS) and you can use that ws frequency to your advantage.

Maybe you should divert your energies toward SE adding some ability that converts MP to attack (just an example). That, coupled with faster ws frequency, could be exactly what you're looking for with Entropy.

Either way, good luck to you. I didn't mean to sound so inflammatory but having played since NA release I recall updates that were constant dissapointment. It's hard for me to see players getting Prime Rib for dinner and throwing a fit because its not Filet Mignon.

I've actually played since about the same time (on and off of course) and have seen many of these updates. I don't see this prime rib lol ... but I know what you mean. I don't refuse to use GS, I just generally prefer scythe.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-04 20:00:59  

I've actually played since about the same time (on and off of course) and have seen many of these updates. I don't see this prime rib lol ... but I know what you mean. I don't refuse to use GS, I just generally prefer scythe.

Scythes are for
A) The Irish
B) The Poor
C) The Poor and Irish
D) The Amish
E) All of the Above

Lawl

Bad *** DRK gears. Note the trailer.
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2011-12-04 20:41:33  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Scythes are for
A) The Irish
B) The Poor
C) The Poor and Irish
D) The Amish
E) All of the Above

Lawl
im letter c, and i live in a trailer so by this reasoning i has to use scythe?!?
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-04 21:13:32  
As it turns out, Resolution has a heavy attack penalty, making it basically useless IMO...
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-04 21:23:38  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
As it turns out, Resolution has a heavy attack penalty, making it basically useless IMO...

So what it's just a screw around with mighty strikes weaponskill?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-04 21:23:45  
I'm Scottish!
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 21:43:50  

It seems to still do a good bit more than entropy, so i'm inclined to believe that its doing what its supposed to since GS has other options when dealing with high def. mobs.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-04 21:52:26  
Yea, I was just saying that any hope of it beating Torcleaver against slightly harder mobs is out of the window.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-12-04 22:03:13  
Why would it beat torcleaver? Why would any of these weaponskills beat an emp?
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-04 22:11:54  
Well, the new GK WS beats Fudo pretty decisively, and IMO stardriver beats Polearm empy ws too. The thing is, without the attack penalty, Resolution is mathematically better than Torcleaver. To see it fall short is sad since that's pretty much the last WSs we get.

And don't get me wrong, I have Caladbolg, I just wish there is a better WS as an option to use when situation calls for.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 22:14:02  
Almost every ws beats Gambanteinn's dagan :X
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-04 22:22:41  
From the time that I played with Stardriver, it is also better than Drakesbane, tho not by much.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-04 22:42:31  
From the time that I played with Stardriver, it is also better than Drakesbane, tho not by much.

Now wouldn't resolution still pull ahead with Soul Eater up? Also Im not sure if I was reading this right.

Quote:
Naw, the 2H WSs get their original (<1) fTP duplicated on additional hits. Their only consolation is that it also duplicates Gorget/Belt http://fTP. You're basically stuck with using a Gorget/Belt to restore the WS to where it would have been (with a Gorget/Belt) under the old system.

Is the test server not accounting for a two handed weapon bonus?
 Asura.Domz
サーバ: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-12-04 22:43:53  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Almost every ws beats Gambanteinn's dagan :X

false! nothing beats dagan! NOTHING!!! ;_;
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 22:47:36  
It's like SE never realized in the past that multihits always had 1.0 secondaries.

Their sudden competence in making WS that benefit much more from gorgets/elebelts with the same fTP across all hits is crazy offset by their choices with Entropy.

Resolution is the GS version of Guillotine: Use it when Souleater is up, stick with Torc when it's down. 25% of your HP for ~800 damage easily pushes it past Torc for that purpose. This is why Entropy needs to be less lol-worthy or Scythe will have sunk into total obsolescence.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-04 22:51:05  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Now wouldn't resolution still pull ahead with Soul Eater up? Also Im not sure if I was reading this right.

Quote:
Naw, the 2H WSs get their original (<1) fTP duplicated on additional hits. Their only consolation is that it also duplicates Gorget/Belt http://fTP. You're basically stuck with using a Gorget/Belt to restore the WS to where it would have been (with a Gorget/Belt) under the old system.

Is the test server not accounting for a two handed weapon bonus?

No, that's not what he said. Some of the new 2 hand WS have ftp carrying over beyond the first hit. For example, guillotine's first hit is 0.875 ftp, but all the subsequent hits are 1.0, and that's usually the case. However, for the new scythe WS, all 4 hits are 0.75 ftp, and for some reason, gorget/belt bonus of 0.1 ftp carry over to all hits instead of the first hit too. So what he is saying is that you will need to lock gorget/belt for the WS to be 0.95 ftp for all 4 hits. Therefore, you are essentially wasting 2 slots for something that could be avoid had the WS stayed the same way as all other multi-hit WSs (0.75+1+1+1 = 3.75 vs 0.95*4 = 3.8).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-05 03:04:08  
See guys? This is what you should be angry about!
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-05 03:17:32  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
See guys? This is what you should be angry about!

What exactly am i supposed to see there? The only testing i see on that page for GS the dude is using a level 10 gs and knocking out decent damage considering >_> ... please explain, I have every intention of seeing what it is you have to show *no sarcasm* even if it is misguided (scythe is every bit as important as gs and so far i see little evidence that theres really too much wrong with resolution since, when paired with GS's other weapon skills, torcleaver in specific, resolution would do better on low def. mobs while torc did better on high def.)

Edit: ahh, because you're a warrior and cant use torcleaver? *again, not saying this to be rude.. serious question lol*
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-05 03:24:12  
He tested the damage and reported a 30% attack reduction on the WS.
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-05 03:45:19  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
He tested the damage and reported a 30% attack reduction on the WS.

MMkay, I figured it was something like that. Not sure if that invalidates what I had said previously (that it should be used on low def. mobs while torc is used on higher def. mobs) or not. Too late for me so im not going to bother with any numbers, just purely speculation I feel that both drk and war could take that hit to attack and still use this ws effectively (to be clear I mean that it will still be quite strong) in the right situations.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8