users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Petition - Make Entropy Stronger
Petition - Make Entropy Stronger
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 01:37:43  
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
Mishaa said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It baffles me as to how 8 hits with its obvious consequences is being seen as superior to just a straight fTP boost.

"It's plain and boring!"

Are you going to see those extra four hits? No? No, you won't, but you will see the whiffs. Those whiffs aren't generating any extra damage, sorry to say.

What you're asking for is a WS to use on trash.

Well, i think the reason for the 8 hits is it puts it above the new GS ws for souleater spike use.

If your at capped accuracy which is 95%, no matter what your best chance to land all 8 hits is I think is 66%.

Im curious if that would be considering zanshin

Edit: its unlikely
 Bismarck.Markas
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2011-12-04 01:40:23  
ill bite, what is ftp? i mean im sure i know WHAT it is, ive just not seen it called that before.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 01:41:11  
Simply put, it's a damage multiplier in the calculation for weaponskill damage. Actually that's about it.

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
It baffles me as to how 8 hits with its obvious consequences is being seen as superior to just a straight fTP boost.

"It's plain and boring!"

Are you going to see those extra four hits? No? No, you won't, but you will see the whiffs. Those whiffs aren't generating any extra damage, sorry to say.

What you're asking for is a WS to use on trash.

Well, i think the reason for the 8 hits is it puts it above the new GS ws for souleater spike use.

If your at capped accuracy which is 95%, no matter what your best chance to land all 8 hits is I think is 66%.

Edit: its unlikely

Zanshin does not work on weaponskills unless they completely miss, unless there's been some recent testing that suggests otherwise, haven't seen it myself though. :\
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 01:42:52  
Bismarck.Markas said: »
ill bite, what is ftp? i mean im sure i know WHAT it is, ive just not seen it called that before.
Bismarck.Markas said: »

You know, im not exactly sure where the term came from... for some reason I've thought it meant damage modifier for % tp ... makes sense when the damage/per hit scales with tp but ehh...
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 01:44:50  
Quote:
Zanshin does not work on weaponskills unless they completely miss, unless there's been some recent testing that suggests otherwise, haven't seen it myself though. :\

Das a shame.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 01:46:05  
fTP = the function of TP. It's become a broad user generated statement correlating with most damage multipliers in most types of damage calculations.

It's essentially a direct multiplier to the base damage of a weaponskill after factoring in WSC, fSTR, weapon damage.

Ex. using 95 Apocalypse, capped fSTR, 200INT on Entropy:

Base Damage = floor(D + fSTR + WSC)* fTP
= floor(154 + 25 + 170) * 3
= 1047

With heightened fTP:
= floor(154 + 25 + 170) * 4.75
= 1657

With further heightened fTP:
= floor(154 + 25 + 170) * 5.75
= 2006

As you can see, large differences in base damage.

You'd then multiply these numbers by pDIF to get an actual maximum damage, which is also affected by several other factors regarding your stats vs. a monster's.

edit: Actually to help show you how much of an impact a higher fTP will have on Entropy, changed values.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-04 01:59:36  
No.

Doesnt matter if zanshin triggers on ws or not, it cant happen. 8 hit ws is 8 swings regardless. If you miss and zanshin you have just created a 9th swing(regardless of miss or hit). Same goes with DA and TA, they can not occur on 8 hit ws. Hence why you never used DA gear on Asuran fists. Same applies to zanshin, because you must first miss(swing animation) before zanshin can trigger(adding another swing).
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 02:06:52  
Eight hits is more beneficial than raising the first hit's fTP simply because of Souleater and keeping the WS balanced versus Torcleaver. If it's a 3.0 and three 1.0s to fill out the same 6.0 total fTP you still need nearly capped accuracy to get the most out of the WS, it will just have a slightly higher average but no spectacular increase from DRK's, Hate it or Love it, best JA (which is what DRK needs for e-peen since WAR got Blood Rage).

So sure, you could jack up fTP instead of number of hits and the WS would be 'more consistent' than eight hits at 0.75, but it wouldn't be fun and it sure wouldn't be DRK.

I'm tired of consistent weaponskills. I wanna go 'oh ***, did I just do 6k?' (low Abyssea+Souleater estimate)
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 02:07:52  
Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
No.

Doesnt matter if zanshin triggers on ws or not, it cant happen. 8 hit ws is 8 swings regardless. If you miss and zanshin you have just created a 9th swing(regardless of miss or hit). Same goes with DA and TA, they can not occur on 8 hit ws. Hence why you never used DA gear on Asuran fists. Same applies to zanshin, because you must first miss(swing animation) before zanshin can trigger(adding another swing).

Hadn't thought about zanshin as counting in the 8 hit limit but it does make sense.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 02:09:30  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Eight hits is more beneficial than raising the first hit's fTP simply because of Souleater and keeping the WS balanced versus Torcleaver. If it's a 3.0 and three 1.0s to fill out the same 6.0 total fTP you still need nearly capped accuracy to get the most out of the WS, it will just have a slightly higher average but no spectacular increase from DRK's, Hate it or Love it, best JA (which is what DRK needs for e-peen since WAR got Blood Rage).

So sure, you could jack up fTP instead of number of hits and the WS would be 'more consistent' than eight hits at 0.75, but it wouldn't be fun and it sure wouldn't be DRK.

I'm tired of consistent weaponskills. I wanna go 'oh ***, did I just do 6k?' (low Abyssea+Souleater estimate)

So you're tired of useful weaponskills and just want something that you might see spike every few days. I see. Your suggestion does nothing for Dark Knight.
 Sylph.Heslon
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sakuhra
By Sylph.Heslon 2011-12-04 02:12:02  
I dont understand you guys, why all the hate?
They use the test server to test new things, now people can test new ws´s and after testing they ask to make the final version a bit stronger. More dmg is always good, no? So why not just support them, instand of post bs like "QQ more etc" are you scared that the ws will be overpowered if they buff it a little or what?
(yes I know that you will flame me already for this post but I will give you an other reason to flame even more: we are all in the same boat we should help all to support other jobs, they just want a little boost and didnt ask for something op)

I will support a dmg boost as long as they dont remove the mp recovery!
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 02:14:00  
Sylph.Heslon said: »
I dont understand you guys, why all the hate?
They use the test server to test new things, now people can test new ws´s and after testing they ask to make the final version a bit stronger. More dmg is always good, no? So why not just support them, instand of post bs like "QQ more etc" are you scared that the ws will be overpowered if they buff it a little or what?
(yes I know that you will flame me already for this post but I will give you an other reason to flame even more: we are all in the same boat we should help all to support other jobs, they just want a little boost and didnt ask for something op)

I will support a dmg boost as long as they dont remove the mp recovery!

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, best to just ignore em.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 02:21:51  
So you're tired of useful weaponskills and just want something that you might see spike every few days. I see. Your suggestion does nothing for Dark Knight.
Better than "*Yawn* it did 2400 again. Next time I'll pop souleater and it will do 3k again".

But your lack of understanding about the hitrate makes discussing this with you pointless. With capped accuracy you'll get eight hits 66% of the time, Seven or eight hits something like 95% of the time. It's negligible (roll a 1 on a d20) to hit 6 times or less (which is 5%) so long as you cap your accuracy. Yes I've done the math, wanna see the graph? So really it'll only do less damage than your buffed fTP idea if you're a gimp.

So instead you get "Huh, that did 2350 instead of 2850. I missed two swings. Better check my accuracy because it's important and an indicator of gearing and skillful application of said gear because we DRKs have always prided ourselves in maintaining our multihit accuracy since Guillotine."

Or maybe you just want "HURRDURR 3.0 first hit alredy strongr den quietus so y do i need acc lol" in that case do I have just the weapon for you!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 02:24:31  
Better than "*Yawn* it did 2400 again. Next time I'll pop souleater and it will do 3k again".

But your lack of understanding about the hitrate makes discussing this with you pointless. With capped accuracy you'll get eight hits 66% of the time, Seven or eight hits something like 95% of the time. It's negligible (roll a 1 on a d20) to hit 6 times or less (which is 5%) so long as you cap your accuracy. Yes I've done the math, wanna see the graph? So really it'll only do less damage than your buffed fTP idea if you're a gimp.

So instead you get "Huh, that did 2350 instead of 2850. I missed two swings. Better check my accuracy because it's important and an indicator of gearing and skillful application of said gear because we DRKs have always prided ourselves in maintaining our multihit accuracy since Guillotine."

Or maybe you just want "HURRDURR 3.0 first hit alredy strongr den quietus so y do i need acc lol"

Or maybe it could be that you're being incredibly stubborn about a horrible idea because for some reason you want a weapon to only be useful with souleater. You're not bypassing hitrate caps by adding more accuracy, you are not capping hitrate on any NM that's worth a flying *** without a large amount of sacrifices in your weaponskill set.

As previously stated, you want a weaponskill for dealing with trash, i.e., you want something useless.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 02:27:30  
So you want more hits, so you have more chances to miss, instead of just boosting the fTP to land hits more reliably, and have more stable damage? I'm confused.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 02:27:56  
Or maybe it could be that you're being incredibly stubborn about a horrible idea because for some reason you want a weapon to only be useful with souleater.
[Greenbutffxiahsuxx0rz]
>Still 4.5 fTP that 5% of the time it misses two swings. Matches Torcleaver.
>Completely crushes Guillotine, actually requires gear and knowledge.
[/Greenbutffxiahsuxx0rz]

Wut?

Scythe already has a WS for doing crappy to average damage on hard targets. Quietus.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 02:29:07  
Or maybe it could be that you're being incredibly stubborn about a horrible idea because for some reason you want a weapon to only be useful with souleater.
[Greenbutffxiahsuxx0rz]
>Still 4.5 fTP that 5% of the time it misses two swings. Matches Torcleaver.
>Completely crushes Guillotine, actually requires gear and knowledge.
[/Greenbutffxiahsuxx0rz]

Wut?

If that's the extent of your rebuttal then I'm afraid you're at a disadvantage. If it takes knowledge to stack acc gear in your mind, then I'm afraid to think what kind of skill you actually have.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 02:31:26  
See now follow me on this: It'd be a weaponskill for non-gimps. The number of mobs you can't cap accuracy on (Use food, goddamn hard I know) can be counted on one hand.

Get that? I'm tired of SAM ez-mode stat stacking WS.

If your suggestion is to leave Entropy at four hits and buff the fTP you're still losing hits if you're not capping accuracy, you just have that ez-mode first hit doing all the work for you.

Entropy as it stands is a WS completely and totally pandering to the gimps. Those that don't have simple autorefresh and friends with RDM or /RDM to help their MP pool. The MP returns from it will be nerfed to hell by release anyway.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 02:33:39  
Dude, if you're missing with 4 hits, you'll miss even more with 8. What the *** are you even arguing, seriously?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 02:33:44  
See now follow me on this: you're an idiot. You have no serviceable knowledge on game mechanics and I'd be surprised if you have any of the skill or gear you claim to need to gear for an 8-hit scythe WS. Here, some math, try not to let it fry your brain:

From before, 4-hit WS with 5.75 fTP:

= 2006

Your idea, 8-hit WS with 6 fTP:

= floor(154 + 25 + 170) * 6
= 2094

You're sacrificing a monumental amount of hitrate for 88 base damage. Congratulations.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 02:36:05  
Also how is MP drain pandering to gimps?
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 02:39:14  
From before, 4-hit WS with 5.75 fTP:

= 2006

Your idea, 8-hit WS with 6 fTP:

= floor(154 + 25 + 170) * 6
= 2094
Oh gee... same damage. Isn't that neat? You might miss now and then. That'd be horrible right?

Oh hey, let's try Souleater with 1600hp (I'm gonna use 2.0 pDif just to keep things closer to reality, wouldn't wanna stack this in my favor):

2.0 + 3*0.75 (5.75)
4652 damage

8*0.75 (6.0)
5468 damage

Oh hey... a WS that takes better advantage of DRK's signature job ability... what a novel *** concept?

And for only 40% HP lost because SE gave us this neat trait called 'Stalwart Soul' that halves Souleater HP loss... like they wanted us to use Souleater more or something!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 02:44:21  
.95^4*4652 = 3789

.95^8*5468 = 3627

You're still mathematically behind.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 02:45:41  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
.95^4*4652 = 3789

.95^8*5468 = 3627

You're still mathematically behind.
Oh, so the whole WS misses because one swing missed? Learn probability math please. I'll humor you though. Two misses on the x8:

4x

6x0.75 (two misses)

So 5% of the time it does less damage with Souleater up. This isn't considering the 18% of the time the 4x WS will miss at least one hit though.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Also how is MP drain pandering to gimps?
It follows some boneheaded idea that DRKs aren't casting their spells because they don't have enough MP... Nooooo it's because our spells are 90% trash and 10% situational. Anyone casting 200-300mp worth of spells between WSes must be spamming Blizzard III or something (not even sure that'd be possible with just one tier 3, recasts etc). I sure as hell don't want to blow this probably last chance to give Scythe a WS better than *** Guillotine on something a decent DRK will go 'oh hey, I could have used Entropy I guess but Refresh II topped me off in 30 seconds anyway so whatever...'
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 02:46:35  
A step further, let's look at final damage.

Assuming reasonable attack values, you'll have less attack when going balls to the walls ACC, and the monster is only level 110, as well as ignoring any pDIF randomizers:

2006 * 1.05 = 2106

2094 * .75 = 1570

+ Souleater w/ 1700HP:

2106 + 816 = 2922

1570 + 1632 = 3202

So 320 extra damage or so every 1/6 minutes at the cost of consistency. Brilliant endeavor. I return to my previous statement: you're an idiot. You won't be anywhere near 2.0 pDIF on an NM that is worth a ***. This is also assuming the NM doesn't resist souleater, which most every single one does.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 02:48:07  
1. Where is your probability math? That's your numbers, with your *** for accuracy factored in average. And no, that isn't 1 miss. That's average damage with powers.

2. So you're bitching about an additional effect that has situational use?
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 02:50:58  
you'll have less attack when going balls to the walls ACC
Because a 4x WS needs less accuracy than an 8x WS.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS.

Dig harder. I just want whats best for DRK in general applications. In your situation I'd swing Quietus instead. You seem to want some Hybrid WS for Girlie DRGs.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 02:51:52  

YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS.

Dig harder. I just want whats best for DRK. You seem to want some Hybrid WS for Girlie DRGs.
Except he never said or even implied that. If you wanted what's best for DRK, you wouldn't play the job.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 02:52:23  

YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS.

Dig harder. I just want whats best for DRK. You seem to want some Hybrid WS for Girlie DRGs.

You most certainly do not want what's best for DRK, you want what's best for you and your absolutely ridiculous fetish for having an 8-hit weaponskill for Scythe. Troll harder, learn game mechanics before you come back here.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8