Petition - Make Entropy Stronger
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 03:02:27  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
why an 8-hit weaponskill with .75 fTP on every hit is not superior to a 4-hit weaponskill with 5.75 http://fTP.
Except you haven't shown that. You showed the 8-hit doing more damage and both WS are gonna need the same accuracy value. If it falls off that's because you're either gimping it up or should be swinging Quietus/Torcleaver instead, just like ye olde Guillotine vs. Spinning Slash in the 75 era.

You don't want to sacrifice a little volatility for higher potential. I can follow that. That WAR just dropped a 5k Ukko without breaking a sweat, because critical hit weaponskills are trading volatility for higher potential. It's the same deal: They stack crit rate to reduce volatility, eight hit Entropy you'd stack accuracy to reduce volatility, and either has much more potential than some lame fTP boost.

If you want high fTP and low volatility then go swing Torcleaver. We already covered this.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 03:05:18  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
why an 8-hit weaponskill with .75 fTP on every hit is not superior to a 4-hit weaponskill with 5.75 http://fTP.
Except you haven't shown that. You showed the 8-hit doing more damage and both WS are gonna need the same accuracy value. If it falls off that's because you're either gimping it up or should be swinging Quietus/Torcleaver instead, just like ye olde Guillotine vs. Spinning Slash in the 75 era.

You don't want to sacrifice a little volatility for higher potential. I can follow that. That WAR just dropped a 5k Ukko without breaking a sweat, because critical hit weaponskills are trading volatility for higher potential. It's the same deal: They stack crit rate to reduce volatility, eight hit Entropy you'd stack accuracy to reduce volatility, and either has much more potential than some lame fTP boost.

Okay, now how about you explain to me this, what measure of skill is going to dictate control of a (self proclaimed) volatile weaponskill? How is it any different from your negatively acclaimed "girlie EZ mode"? Are you trying to imply that stacking more ACC gear will allow you to control the volatility further than I could control my 4-hit, more consistent WS which will average out to do more damage over the course of a fight than your volatile Russian Roulette-style weaponskill?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 03:05:49  
Accuracy caps at 95%. First hit gets the same acc boost as any other WS. You wouldn't stack any more accuracy for 4 hit than you would for an 8 hit. I still have no *** idea what you're point is.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 03:11:40  
In case you hadn't heard, SE has something going on with these new weaponskills, giving them a flat fTP across all hits. Entropy as it is now is already 0.75 across all hits, which is a huge dealbreaker. The best they will do is make it 1.0 across all hits. Maybe 1.25, who knows. They're finally getting away from 1.0 secondaries, so your proposition is as unlikely as mine.

And in the end, it's up to them. Your 4 hit is still volatile; you still have to cap accuracy to make it not be missing just like classic Guillotine. It's just a tad less volatile (less dice rolls) for much less potential in Souleater usage. You still need the same accuracy value to be landing three of your four hits, but even when you stacked needing less accuracy in your favor eight hits still came out ahead.

Not sure where you're getting 'russian roulette' out of a five percent chance to only hit 6 times when that's the same chance for Torcleaver to miss completely (and don't say uncapped accuracy, because again: That's when you break out Quietus).
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 03:12:41  
Where are you getting this stupid idea that you need less accuracy because it's less hits?
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 03:13:31  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Where are you getting this stupid idea that you need less accuracy because it's less hits?
Because that's what he implied in his failure comparison where he gave his 4x WS more attack because 'it didn't need to go balls-out on accuracy' and it still did less damage. Do try to keep up when 'me too'-ing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 03:14:14  
In case you hadn't heard, they don't all function that way. The change is not impossible.

My four hit will still average higher at the end of the fight, particularly on any NM that would resist the Souleater.

Also you need to more deeply analyze my giving your WS less attack than mine. I'm sure it'll kick in eventually.

@Austar: wanna make out? :C I'll make an exception for you
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 03:14:43  
Because that's what he implied in his failure comparison where he gave his 4x WS more attack because 'it didn't need to go balls-out on accuracy' and it still did less damage.
No, he was saying he knows how to gear for accuracy and you don't.

Since you have this impression that stacking acc somehow increases your damage and/or hit rate beyond 95% cap.

Can't I'm geared up on PUP :(
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 03:42:54  
Also you need to more deeply analyze my giving your WS less attack than mine. I'm sure it'll kick in eventually.
Both WS have the same mods and the same need for landing all hits, and thus should be using the same set to cap accuracy. That's why your comparison is trash.

As to your 'my WS averages more' I'll beat it down with 3rd grade math:

Capped accuracy. Eight hits 66% of the time. Seven hits 28% of the time. Six hits 5% of the time (5 hits or less negligible):
6*.66+5.25*.28+4.5*.05 = 5.655 average fTP after accuracy.
Capped accuracy. Four hits 82% of the time (cheat it half a percent in your favor), three hits 18% of the time, I'll even give you 3.0+3*0.75 because that works best in your favor with misses mattering less, and two or less hits is around 1% but I'll mark that negligible in your favor as well:
5.75*.82+5.0*.18 = 5.255 average fTP after accuracy, even after cheating the numbers for you as best I could.

Oh gee... I just did unspeakable things to your argument in a back alley. Next time do the math or ask for the math (I already had it done, mentioned a graph didn't I?) before you say something stupid and resort to insults.

It doesn't matter which WS you're using, letting your accuracy uncap is still doing it wrong. Before you ask, here's how to calculate the percentage chance for a number of hits for any given accuracy 'x' for eight hits:

Eight hits:
(.95*x^7)

Seven hits:
(.95*(7(x^6*(1-x)^1)))

Six hits:
(.95*(7(x^5*(1-x)^2)))

Don't let it explode your brain.

I'll let you have the last word because you think it'll matter and leave this for people to laugh at. "Hey guys, if we make the first hit a 3.0 it'll average better than eight hits at 0.75! I can't show *** to prove it but please believe me because I think a WS that takes advantage of our best JA is stupid!"

Yes. Please give us a decent damage dealing Scythe weaponskill SE. I don't care what it is at this point, I'm just sick of Guillotine clones and sidegrades. We've only been waiting 39 levels.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 03:49:41  
6*(.95^8)= 3.98

3*.95 + (3*(0.95^3)) = 5.22

You're still wrong dude.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 03:50:54  
6*(.95^8)= 3.98

You're still wrong dude.
Your method entails that when one of those eight hits misses, the whole WS misses. Try again.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 03:51:29  
6*(.95^8)= 3.98

You're still wrong dude.
Your method entails that when one of those eight hits misses, the whole WS misses. Try again.
No, it doesn't. That's averaged involving powers.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 03:52:47  
6*(.95^8)= 3.98

You're still wrong dude.
No, it doesn't. That's averaged involving powers.

I just did the math. I showed you the math. I gave you the probability chunks. I showed you the third grade math to put it all together, and still you think the whole WS will miss 33% of the time.

What you calculated was the chance for any of those eight hits to miss. Any of them. Just one miss and you count the whole WS as a zero.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 03:54:55  
Capped accuracy. Eight hits 66% of the time.
100-66.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 03:55:36  
100-66.
So 33% of the time you hit 7 or 6 times instead. Not zero times.

Just how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE is this place?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 03:56:19  
100-66.
So 33% of the time you hit 7 or 6 times instead. Not zero times.

Just how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE is this place?
33% of the time you'll have missed hits, in general. You want averages, that's your average. Don't like it? Don't ask for 8 hit WS.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 04:12:12  
(.95^8 + .95^7 + .95^6 + .95^5 + .95^4 + .95^3 + .95^2 + .95) = 6.395

6.395*.75 = 4.4796

(.95^4 + .95^3 + .95^2) = 2.574

(.95*3)+2.574 = 5.424.

you're still wrong.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.