サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-02 22:36:09  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Looks like my stalker is back

Uhhh, what?

You always manage to have some smart *** comment after i make a post.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-12-02 22:44:33  
lol @ useless thread

Get an Apoc, you won't be disapointed doing 3k+ Cata! and 20% ODD and 10% haste am om nom nom nom nom
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-02 22:45:27  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
ITT: pointing out useless comments is "stalking"

On a more positive note, Entropy appears to be strong than I'd anticipated.

how strong did you expect it to be? It was going to be stronger that guillotine at 4 hits, despite its ftp supposedly being .75, because of the 100% mod. It is still comparatively weak I think.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-02 22:50:28  
Bahamut.Zangada said: »

There was nothing wrong with my comment, just some ppl have nothing better to do then be ***.
Weapons that would be considered decent at best on most other jobs don't really count for a lot. A band-aid on a gaping wound, if you will.

Mishaa said: »

how strong did you expect it to be? It was going to be stronger that guillotine at 4 hits, despite its ftp supposedly being .75, because of the 100% mod. It is still comparatively weak I think.
I was actually coming back to correct that statement, my original estimation was way off. Studio Gobli currently estimates an fTP of 0.75 (so 3.75 total), I haven't gotten a WS yet that would disprove that.
By Mishaa 2011-12-03 21:59:08  
Some new info on the weapon skill, it is unconfirmed but some people have told me that entropy is .75 ftp on ALL hits not just the first like it is with most / all other multi-hit weapon skills. So its basically raging rush with an int mod (a higher % but none the less) and no chance to crit...

Didn't they change raging rush way back when because it was too weak?
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-12-03 22:57:09  
So what is the actual damage from this ws looking like?
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-03 23:06:52  
about 10% better than guillotine if geared right with elemental gorget/belt is my guess.
 Titan.Bomber
サーバ: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-12-03 23:27:15  
lol SE has always given scythe shitty WSs....why cant they add a STR or crit hit modded WS to scythe? what if u dont f-ing like GS :P as DRK u shouldnt be forced to use a GS cuz u want high dmg ..scythe has the strongest swings but WSs have always been depressing dmg SE keeps talking about balance...scythe has no balance at all :P
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-03 23:30:01  
Titan.Bomber said: »
lol SE has always given scythe shitty WSs....why cant they add a STR or crit hit modded WS to scythe? what if u dont f-ing like GS :P as DRK u shouldnt be forced to use a GS cuz u want high dmg ..scythe has the strongest swings but WSs have always been depressing dmg SE keeps talking about balance...scythe has no balance at all :P

There were also some official statements about wanting to make scythe a better option for drk a ways back if im not mistaken... yeah this is making it happen~
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-03 23:45:09  
Titan.Bomber said: »

It isn't that horribly unbalanced. You said it yourself, Scythe is already (one of) the strongest DoT weapons that exists. Entropy only needs a bit of a boost in http://fTP.

1.75~2.75 on the first hit, 1.0 on subsequent hits.

T'would increase the damage enough to where it's one of DRK's better weaponskills and when coupled with Scythe's already high DoT potential will provide the balance you're striving to achieve.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-03 23:47:05  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Honestly it looks fine. It's the best scythe weaponskill for Beastmaster.

ahahahaha
XD i really did lol...

ANYWAYS I didn't even think of that! I am all for making entropy stronger, but i forgot that more jobs than drk can actually use it

although i don't think if it gets buffed it would make non-drks have a reason to use it.. but ill give you credit for pointing out something i didn't think about for sure

+1
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 00:31:59  
Wow what a waste of a thread.

Sad news for all of you saying 'ITS FINE!': Entropy is 0.75 fTP across ALL hits. People being 99 on the test server is whats making it look like ~lv85 Guillotine (which was the last time most of us used it). It's laughably weak.

Entropy needs a buff or Scythe will be deader than Bruce Wayne's parents. I don't want to hear any of this 'utility' bullsh*t because a 300mp restore doesn't solve DRK having sh*t for spells to actually cast.

Still pushin' for Entropy to be eight hits, now with 0.75 across all hits. Might as well delete Scythe from the game otherwise because GS now does everything better, even and especially Souleater (the last bastion of Guillotine use).
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-04 00:34:06  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Wow what a waste of a thread.

Entropy is 0.75 fTP across ALL hits. People being 99 on the test server is whats making it look like ~lv85 Guillotine (which was the last time most of us used it). It's laughably weak.

Entropy needs a buff or Scythe will be deader than Bruce Wayne's parents. I don't want to hear any of this 'utility' bullsh*t because a 300mp restore doesn't solve DRK having sh*t for spells to actually cast.

Still pushin' for Entropy to be eight hits, now with 0.75 across all hits. Might as well delete Scythe from the game otherwise.

GAXE might be a possibility for DRK now as a secondary weapon because of how Upheaval is.

GSWORD Primary, GAXE Secondary... Ugh that would make for a ***storm.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 00:37:42  
GAXE might be a possibility for DRK now as a secondary weapon because of how Upheaval is.

GSWORD Primary, GAXE Secondary... Ugh that would make for a ***storm
Yeah I'm not even pushing for Scythe to be relevant just because I like the weapon or own a decent one or just don't want to use GS at all (have a Torcsword already just as soon as I finish VNMs), I'm just tired of SE thinking they can put out another Guillotine clone/sidegrade with a gimmick intended for those morons who cast 200+mp worth of spells between WSes. What in the Holy Ballsack of the God Emperor of Mankind are they doing? Spamming Blizzard III?

This makes everything I know about good game design just want to shy away in a corner and blow it's *** brains out.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-04 00:39:46  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »

GSWORD Primary, GAXE Secondary... Ugh that would make for a ***storm
Yeah I'm not even pushing for Scythe to be relevant just because I like the weapon or own a decent one or just don't want to use GS at all (have a Torcsword already just as soon as I finish VNMs), I'm just tired of SE thinking they can put out another Guillotine clone/sidegrade with a gimmick intended for those morons who cast 200+mp worth of spells between WSes. What in the Holy Ballsack of the God Emperor of Mankind are they doing? Spamming Blizzard III?

This makes everything I know about good game design just want to shy away in a corner and blow it's *** brains out.
Nuke kiting with crimson legs and /SAM for Seigan+Third Eye and WS at 100% TP to get MP back.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 00:42:11  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Nuke kiting with crimson legs and /SAM for Seigan+Third Eye and WS at 100% TP to get MP back.
Kiting with just a decent Drain II would probably outdamage that XD

Anyway, I've already put up enough of a bitchfest on the official forums and now my forum account has finally caught on to me not having put any crysta in this month, so I did what I could and we'll see if SE takes my dare to make Entropy 8*0.75.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 01:00:50  
It baffles me as to how 8 hits with its obvious consequences is being seen as superior to just a straight fTP boost.

"It's plain and boring!"

Are you going to see those extra four hits? No? No, you won't, but you will see the whiffs. Those whiffs aren't generating any extra damage, sorry to say.

What you're asking for is a WS to use on trash.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-04 01:20:19  
So... my spiral ring is still good in this next update....?
[+]
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 01:25:08  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It baffles me as to how 8 hits with its obvious consequences is being seen as superior to just a straight fTP boost.

"It's plain and boring!"

Are you going to see those extra four hits? No? No, you won't, but you will see the whiffs. Those whiffs aren't generating any extra damage, sorry to say.

Well, i think the reason for the 8 hits is it puts it above the new GS ws for souleater spike use.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-04 01:27:04  

"It's plain and boring!"

Well, i think the reason for the 8 hits is it puts it above the new GS ws for souleater spike use.

How.. does that...
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-04 01:29:16  

"It's plain and boring!"

If your at capped accuracy which is 95%, no matter what your best chance to land all 8 hits is I think is 66%.
By Mishaa 2011-12-04 01:36:44  

"It's plain and boring!"

How.. does that...

Just figured that would be the only real advantage of 8 hit over some other # of hits with a ftp increase.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8