New people here on FFXIAH
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Elspetta
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-05-04 09:45:01  
Quote:
I thank you very much in posting this thread :)

I second this. I post here, but typically not in FFXI related threads for exactly this reason.
[+]
By Alaister 2012-05-04 09:46:48  
Phoenix.Elspetta said: »
Quote:

I second this. I post here, but typically not in FFXI related threads for exactly this reason.
HA!
 Bismarck.Flavin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Flavin
By Bismarck.Flavin 2012-05-04 09:47:21  
How dare you ask a question!?!?! you should know this stuff before you even start! Just for that I'm going to spend the next 30 minutes berating you and telling you how stupid you are instead of taking the 30 seconds to answer your question or the no time it would take to not even look at your thread!!! Who's the foolsih one now? lol..
[+]
 Bismarck.Evilsuperman
By Bismarck.Evilsuperman 2012-05-04 09:47:54  
@Rulerofdarkness I hear what you're saying but really, if someone asks for advice and then says "Well i'm going to do it this way" you'd probably be better off just closing that thread and pretending you never opened it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2012-05-04 09:49:50  
Bismarck.Evilsuperman said: »
@Rulerofdarkness I hear what you're saying but really, if someone asks for advice and then says "Well i'm going to do it this way" you'd probably be better off just closing that thread and pretending you never opened it.

You have a valid point. Most of the time, I don't even bother to respond in the first place myself, due to the fact they have already shown that exact attitude.
[+]
 Bismarck.Flavin
By Bismarck.Flavin 2012-05-04 09:49:58  
That and it's just asking for advice... Just because people ask for advice doesn't mean they're actually going to take it... It could be good it could be bad or the person just doesn't wish to or can't pursue it that way...

Oh you won't take my advice? well clearly you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE then...
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rathan
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2012-05-04 09:51:10  
Should get to the real issues regarding FFXIAH... THIS ...can someone please address from the FFXIAH team even if it's a simple "we know working it"?
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2012-05-04 09:53:12  
Bismarck.Flavin said: »
That and it's just asking for advice... Just because people ask for advice doesn't mean they're actually going to take it... It could be good it could be bad or the person just doesn't wish to or can't pursue it that way...

Oh you won't take my advice? well clearly you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE then...

If they are asking for gearing advice why should they ask for advice to begin with if they aren't going to take what is given. When this game only has one right answer (assuming said replies actually give the right answer) for a situation.

If they can't obtain one of the pieces of gear someone suggests, said poster can usually offer lesser alternatives that are still great instead of something totally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in that slot.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-05-04 09:58:40  
The people on this site who do ask for help, regardless of how many times it has been posted in the past do not deserve to be treated like asshats. They are people just like you and me. Example you go to wal-mart you have a general idea of what it is you need, but not exactly where to find it.

Or you go to wal mart everyday but there is something new you never had to buy before you might have to ask for some help. That is all this site gives. If you have no good info or a positive way of embracing someones question then don't answer it. There is only one reason to disrespect such people, and that is to show off to others. This is not high school, this is a game.

I embrace new people who ask for help and will spill my brain to them.
Those who act like they know more than me with 6 months play time well yeah I can say it bothers me, and much like a teenager they know everything already so they don't need this site.
Everyone's opinions are welcome but if you have nothing productive or nice to say do not say anything. This is the point of the thread I feel there should be more emphasizing on certain subjects the Admins should talk about.

I have been playing since 2005, I do not know everything about this game, nobody playing since then should be saying they do either. This site shouldn't steer people away but it should draw people too it. Please new guys all I am asking is to loosen up, I have teenage brothers of my own who think they know everything I should not have to see it here.

Also on a side note, I feel I have a good knowledge of things about this game, I don't know everything but I will answer any question you would like to ask without judging you are telling you to search for it. Some people need more patience.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Flavin
By Bismarck.Flavin 2012-05-04 10:02:04  
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Bismarck.Flavin said: »
That and it's just asking for advice... Just because people ask for advice doesn't mean they're actually going to take it... It could be good it could be bad or the person just doesn't wish to or can't pursue it that way... Oh you won't take my advice? well clearly you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE then...
If they are asking for gearing advice why should they ask for advice to begin with if they aren't going to take what is given. When this game only has one right answer (assuming said replies actually give the right answer) for a situation. If they can't obtain one of the pieces of gear someone suggests, said poster can usually offer lesser alternatives that are still great instead of something totally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in that slot.
It's like when I go to a restaurant... I usually ask what they recomend but it doesn't mean I'm going to order that.

For everything you should be aware of the possibilities that exist and then choose the one that best suits you. That doesn't always mesh with what others think is best or what might even be the best but yea...
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-05-04 10:02:21  
Tallest. Horse. Ever.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-04 10:06:13  
yes i understand some dont take some advice lightly, so thats when u tip your hat and just...walk away. its more likely to start fighting and do the "no ure wrong, no u" battle...

@to the poster i didnt remember the name of

yes it seems like its laziness to go to wiki but even i tend to have questions after reading wiki. for me i quit ffxi when the first update came for increasing to 80 and if i came back to ffxi....u bet im gonna post and ask questions cause i consider myself back to noob status since i only remember from when it was lvl 75. wiki sometimes confuse me and since i know there are experienced players here who could help, why cant i ask them for help? so its same for a new person. some dont even know how to function everything on this site, so instead of bashing, why not just help...
[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-05-04 10:09:08  
Aly Saxena said: »
yes it seems like its laziness to go to wiki but even i tend to have questions after reading wiki. for me i quit ffxi when the first update came for increasing to 80 and if i came back to ffxi....u bet im gonna post and ask questions cause i consider myself back to noob status since i only remember from when it was lvl 75. wiki sometimes confuse me and since i know there are experienced players here who could help, why cant i ask them for help? so its same for a new person. some dont even know how to function everything on this site, so instead of bashing, why not just help...

To emphasize on that, why can't someone ask the question and someone answer it. If you know the answer then give it, the time it takes someone to ask if anyone knows it, should not be directed to wiki if you know the answer. Who is lazy then? hypocritical is all it is.

Added IF it becomes a habit of theirs to ask you then you may say hey have you heard of wiki, give them the information they need.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2012-05-04 10:10:03  
Barti Maeus said: »
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
If they can't obtain one of the pieces of gear someone suggests, said poster can usually offer lesser alternatives that are still great instead of something totally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in that slot.

It's far easier for the community to spout "it's not that hard"isms and "it can be done with [number] of [job]", instead.

Predictability is a strong suit around here.

That does happen a lot too, though I can see in some threads that are successful, the OP will ask for advice and note that anything from [event] isn't an option to them, and from there someone will offer the next best thing. These are the threads I love.

On the other hand, someone will ask "What is the absolute best set for [situation]" and people will say things like "I think this is the best" or "This works for me". In these cases this is going to do nothing but incite problems. Followed by someone who can show a certain set to be the absolute best for what the OP asked with evidence, only to have them shot down by the aforementioned posters with nonsense which leads to pages of *** and a runaround of nothing.
 Phoenix.Elspetta
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-05-04 10:10:05  
Josiahkf said: »
Phoenix.Elspetta said: »
Quote:

looking stupid will always happen at times, no matter what (is my mentality) just let yourself go and ask anything freely. Nothing here matters in the larger picture, might as well educate the *** out of everyone, self included lol
I'm not worried about looking stupid because I am well aware of the things I know and the things I can't quite grasp. I just can't stand the way some people respond, especially when they act all high and mighty, but give absolutely zero information to help the other person. I will send PMs if I have specific questions that I can't find anywhere else to those I know will answer me respectably.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2012-05-04 10:12:30  
in this day and age of the internet, i feel as though it is deemed "cool" to be negative or wittily rude. i think this is due to the anonymous nature of the internet, saying whatever you want without re-precaution. unfortunately, as time passes, i see this behavior move into the realm of real life.

im not saying everyone should be nice all the time, but it would be nice for people to not be treated like ***when they are genuinely seeking answers.
[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-05-04 10:15:39  
Should maybe start a bully enforcement team?
 Fenrir.Kelyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-05-04 10:19:39  
When in game, I frequently suggest people/friends post their questions here, since it can be such a wonderful resource.

They would rather crawl into a coffin with an evil clown covered in wolf spiders than dare post on FFXI, and get attacked by the same 10-20 people who lurk here, waiting for somebody new to say something.

Best advice... post your questions anyway, get flamed, but you'll eventually get answered by somebody. (usually somebody who still actually plays).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2012-05-04 10:21:21  
Cerberus.Deadplaything said: »
Should maybe start a bully enforcement team?

Do FFXI players really need to have their feelings protected? I mean...suicide is not going to be triggered JUST from someone lawlz'n at them on a forum. It'll take at least a funny gif or two.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-05-04 10:22:56  
Its to protect the community as a whole, nobody needs a site full of bullies.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2012-05-04 10:32:54  
Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
They would rather crawl into a coffin with an evil clown covered in wolf spiders than dare post on FFXI, and get attacked by the same 10-20 people who lurk here, waiting for somebody new to say something.

Couldn't help it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2012-05-04 10:35:31  
You shouldn't be using the internet if you get offended easily much less playing an MMO. I propose we spark a new campaign called "STOP THE CODDLING" and verbally destroy anyone that gets butthurt about anything posted on an lolgameforum. I bet we would get volunteers to lead that death squad in a heart beat.
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2012-05-04 10:36:14  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Couldn't help it.

LOL'd evil clown is evil~
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-05-04 10:37:17  
I thought that was madonna

Ragnarok.Yathatguy said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Couldn't help it.

LOL'd evil clown is evil~
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-04 10:38:46  
Aly Saxena said: »
yes i understand some dont take some advice lightly, so thats when u tip your hat and just...walk away. its more likely to start fighting and do the "no ure wrong, no u" battle...
If someone doesn't take an advice then yeah you can leave him to his destiny, but if someone is giving wrong suggestions you're not being helpful either leaving that be. And some people lose patience easily.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kelyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-05-04 10:49:37  
Ragnarok.Yathatguy said: »
You shouldn't be using the internet if you get offended easily much less playing an MMO. I propose we spark a new campaign called "STOP THE CODDLING" and verbally destroy anyone that gets butthurt about anything posted on an lolgameforum. I bet we would get volunteers to lead that death squad in a heart beat.

I do not disagree, however, some people have very limited time to play, 1-3 hours per night at best, and after working 9 hours, taking care of kids, paying bills, and handling all the real life stresses, they just want to relax and play their favorite FF game for a bit, and maybe get a few game questions answered.

Not waste their precious limited time going to war on a forum with a select group of individuals who can only feel better about themselves by putting others down.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9