フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [Dev] Neo Nyzul Isle
[Dev] Neo Nyzul Isle
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-06-30 09:09:13  
Remove time penalty from being discovered by gears and order lamps. That's about it.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-06-30 09:15:45  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
If every DD is WAR or /WAR you should have plenty of vokes to deal with them and you don't have to kill them on "kill all" floors.
Correct, but Gears Link, so if you have multiple in a small room, you're screwed. You either have to wait for them to move, ie waste time, or voke one and get a penalty on the other.

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Time not starting until you actually hit floor 1.
Shouldn't be taking more than 45 seconds in the lobby.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-30 09:20:10  
Phoenix.Eiryn said: »
Quote:
I would suggest to remove all the unnecessary delays. This includes time spent:

-Loading into starting room.
-Obtaining temp items in starting room.
-Porting up after each completed floor.
-Waiting for lamp delay, either for all lamps to light up or for cooldown after a wrong order/missed "same time" lamp.

Posted from the FFXI forums, but I couldn't state it any better than above.

The only thing I would add/elaborate on would be that point about porting up after each completed floor. In Neo-Nyzul, now that they made it so you cannot skip the targeted foor, there should be no reason why anyone would pick any option but the skip ??? floor. This should just be made into the default option once you complete the floor's objectives. Once the objectives are met, instead of leaving a valuable member at the lamp, or having someone have to run back to the lamp, they should just make the group automatically port up ??? floors.

Just to cover all your bases, you could have a choice to talk to the rune at the beginning of each floor and say "Enable auto ??? floor up" and be able to set it on or off. (Secret benefit of being able to have sch's lock buffs on the rune ^^)

On the gear subject, every dd and mage should have a ranged weapon to pull gears with. Voke is nice, it's instant but a /ra isn't that slow either and it doesn't have a 30 second timer. If another sub choice is better for damage, you could use that instead.
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-06-30 09:26:57  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Phoenix.Eiryn said: »
Quote:
I would suggest to remove all the unnecessary delays. This includes time spent:

-Loading into starting room.
-Obtaining temp items in starting room.
-Porting up after each completed floor.
-Waiting for lamp delay, either for all lamps to light up or for cooldown after a wrong order/missed "same time" lamp.

Posted from the FFXI forums, but I couldn't state it any better than above.

The only thing I would add/elaborate on would be that point about porting up after each completed floor. In Neo-Nyzul, now that they made it so you cannot skip the targeted foor, there should be no reason why anyone would pick any option but the skip ??? floor. This should just be made into the default option once you complete the floor's objectives. Once the objectives are met, instead of leaving a valuable member at the lamp, or having someone have to run back to the lamp, they should just make the group automatically port up ??? floors.

Just to cover all your bases, you could have a choice to talk to the rune at the beginning of each floor and say "Enable auto ??? floor up" and be able to set it on or off. (Secret benefit of being able to have sch's lock buffs on the rune ^^)

On the gear subject, every dd and mage should have a ranged weapon to pull gears with. Voke is nice, it's instant but a /ra isn't that slow either and it doesn't have a 30 second timer. If another sub choice is better for damage, you could use that instead.

I would like this one.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-06-30 09:32:52  
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »
If every DD is WAR or /WAR you should have plenty of vokes to deal with them and you don't have to kill them on "kill all" floors.
Correct, but Gears Link, so if you have multiple in a small room, you're screwed. You either have to wait for them to move, ie waste time, or voke one and get a penalty on the other.
Time not starting until you actually hit floor 1.
Shouldn't be taking more than 45 seconds in the lobby.
As we all know some runs really come down to those 45 secondds
[+]
 Bahamut.Blze
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blze 2012-06-30 09:36:12  
y'all want some cheese to go with this whine? strap up your boots and get to work! how is it a challenge if you remove all challenges? Team work, communication, and a little luck that is all that is required for nyzul isle. Order can be troublesome at times, with a clock gnawing at your back side but heck that is the nature of the event. Crying about what is hard for something easy!? really!? and you all have to nerve call yourselves gamers. Go play WoW
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-06-30 09:38:26  
Did people stop using 3rd party tools and stop changing .dats and that is why everyone is this thread is having a hard time with Nyzul?
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-06-30 09:39:40  
Bahamut.Blze said: »
y'all want some cheese to go with this whine? strap up your boots and get to work! how is it a challenge if you remove all challenges? Team work, communication, and a little luck that is all that is required for nyzul isle. Order can be troublesome at times, with a clock gnawing at your back side but heck that is the nature of the event. Crying about what is hard for something easy!? really!? and you all have to nerve call yourselves gamers. Go play WoW
HOw exactly is it whining when they are asking for feedback?.. I guess you can stfu now.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-06-30 09:39:57  
If users have to change DAT's to have a fighting chance, your event is flawed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-06-30 09:40:56  

There's a difference between complaining about something being too hard (not being discussed in this thread, until you arrived), and something needing to be improved (what's being discussed in this thread until your arrival).
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-30 09:44:08  

Internet hardass elite gamerz up in this. When you learn how to discern between difficulty, tedium, and outright poor design let us know.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-06-30 09:49:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Yo how about you contribute something useful or stfu... we know you mad cause you can't get ***done so stop bitchin about the dat this and the dat that... not everyone here uses that junk my god... smh
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-06-30 09:49:25  
Yeah, lamps aren't hard, but given the fundamental differences between Nyzul and Neo-Nyzul, they aren't a good addition to the event.

In Neo Nyzul, your real goal is to clear floor 100. You have to rely on your prior experience and the work you put into your character to make sure you can run up as fast as humanly possible. You don't have a lot of room for error.

In my opinion, lamps don't have anything to do with how much time and effort you've already put in; it's all a random clusterfuck of hope and prayer.

In normal Nyzul, you have to clear 5 floors. Even at 75, it was a much more relaxed pace. Your mage needed that time to rest anyways.

Lamps made sense in Nyzul, but not so much in Neo Nyzul.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-06-30 09:50:13  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Yo how about you contribute something useful or stfu... we know you mad cause you can't get ***done so stop bitchin about the dat this and the dat that... not everyone here uses that junk my god... smh

Oh bless my heart, you're precious.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-30 09:53:05  
When you have 30 minutes to clear 14~18 floors, you have just under 2 minutes per floor on average to reach 100. When you spend 3~5 minutes on a lamp floor, you're pretty much crippling your chances at success.

Don't give me the "LOL U SUCK NAB 3-5 MINOOTS" ***either, as unless you're the luckiest son of a *** of all time, you're not likely to take less than at least 2~3 minutes per lamp floor.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-06-30 10:25:56  
The order lamp floors could be replaced with something like activating all of the lamps in succession, but in any order, but each lamp has to be activated X amount of time (like 2 seconds, +/- a very little bit) after the last.

This way, they still make it about communication. But instead of being based on luck, it's something you can get better at with a little practice.

And totally... the delays on the lamps are killer.

But really, though, they made a good point. Old Nyzul was much much easier, only with shitty drop rates. This is a little tougher, but the drop rates are obviously much better. Even with something as low as a 10% clear rate, you're getting more of what you want anyway.

AND.. part of me wants to say, "Oh, you can't clear floor 100? Please enjoy your +3 gear." That is why that's there, right?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-30 10:27:51  
I agree the best gear in the game should be much easier to get, this is outrageous
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-30 10:29:05  
You know since circumventing the harder parts doesn't make it easier or anything.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 10:29:21  
There is just a tiny bit of difference between hard and impossible without third party tools.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-30 10:29:58  
Asura.Fondue said: »
I agree the best gear in the game should be much easier to get, this is outrageous

Considering it isn't made harder by complete random "*** you over" mechanics, I don't see what your point is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-30 10:30:17  
The worst lamp floors are same time and the damn 30 second penalty (seperate timer for each lamp) if you don't hit them all.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-30 10:30:55  
people cheat in nyzul?! deets!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 10:31:55  
people cheat in nyzul?! deets!
Doesn't the fact that it's a necessity to use them even give you a hint that this event is completely messed up?
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-30 10:33:30  
Necessity is your opinion.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-30 10:34:09  
I posted this same argument on the official forums about 4 months ago and my post was deleted and I was scolded for talking about 3rd party tools, but your fix will come in a year or 5 ^____________^
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-30 10:34:52  
It's not an opinion, however, that lamp dat swaps and fillmode are necessity for a decent win rate, that's absolute fact. Decent being +/- 50%, which is tedious enough while still offering challenge, and more importantly it's fun when you don't have to worry about being completely *** over by ill-conceived RNGs.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-30 10:38:48  
No im right necessity is still an opinion, now thats an absolute fact. Taint posted screenshot 10min warning left floor100 win. Whether its a very low chance of getting 100 or not its NOT a necessity to cheat.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-30 10:39:21  
without the lamps being a cockblock every group would win every run just about lol thats not what they want, a much shorter cooldown on the order lamps/same time would be nice but I dont think its very realistic to hope for at all

working as intended etc

dont like it dont do it etc

etc
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-30 10:39:59  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
No im right necessity is still an opinion, now thats an absolute fact. Taint posted screenshot 10min warning left floor100 win. Whether its a very low chance of getting 100 or not its NOT a necessity.

Did you bother reading my post or are you just writing pointless drivel for the fun of it? Let's ignore the fact that groups like Taint's are not in the average percentile of competency and thus 10 minutes for a higher tier of player isn't surprising.

without the lamps being a cockblock every group would win every run just about lol thats not what they want, a much shorter cooldown on the order lamps/same time would be nice but I dont think its very realistic to hope for at all

working as intended etc

dont like it dont do it etc

etc

I don't agree, you're still not guaranteed victory by having better odds on lamp floors.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8