First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-01 01:46:26  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Asura.Echandra said: »
If your team is able to manage the obstacles as a team a lamp floor is a joke.

You haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about. Pray explain how the magic of teamwork circumvents the relatively costly delay accrued when a group doesn't guess the sequence of the lamps precisely. Or are you suggesting that said delay is irrelevant in an event that people frequently win or lose by margins as wide as a few seconds?

Or maybe, just maybe..

You haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about.

not hard to get the right order in under 3 tries, yea can be a time sink but some of the kill all floors will take longer.

I wouldnt be surprised if there were still ppl who never learned how to do lamp order quickly from the original nyz though.
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-01 01:48:33  
Longer than locating every lamp and then guessing every lamp correctly immediately? Yeah, no.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-01 02:09:05  
under 3 tries i said, not 1 shot it lol.

you lead me to believe u dont even know how they work lol.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-01 02:13:13  
Three tries, now? How beautifully arbitrary.

I can't help but notice the influx of have-nots so willing to proclaim how easy an event is that they've clearly had very little success in themselves.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-01 02:14:18  
Point is: Locating the lamps, figuring out if there are 3-5 lamps, and assessing an order, though can be stream-lined, and on some floors even easy, in other floors it can be down-right stupid, and stretch you past the goal of 1:30 per floor by a lot.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-01 02:25:10  
This is just a filler event, they aren't going to do too much to make it easier to get the gear you want. It's the same with legion, or anything else out right now.

If they made current events like Abyssea, where you can get the items you want quickly, then they would have to put even more resources in developing new events for players to do while we wait on the expansion. That would only result in the expansion release date being pushed back even further. Any new armor they could possibly give us with new events, or even current events, is eventually going to be replaced in the new expansion. Maybe not all of it, but the majority will be replaced.

So they aren't going to fix any current events right now. It isn't being lazy as much as it is being smart. Yes, it's lazy, but the majority of players right now will put up with it. They will keep repeating the same events over and over again trying to get the new shiny armor they want so bad, only for it to be replaced in the next major update. Salvage will be the event, I think, that will last us up until the new expansion. They won't have to release much of anything new for awhile once that is out because players will be completely involved in it.

I'm not saying that the new salvage will be interesting or fun at all. It's going to be like how salvage use to be and there is no doubt in my mind that players will complain about it, probably more than any of the "new" events that have been updated so far.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-01 02:36:24  
On this order lamp floors topic, I've gotten them a grand total of 4 times in regular Nyzul, out of many runs getting 100 for friends. What exactly IS this "trick" to doing them in good time?
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-01 02:37:45  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
It's going to be like how salvage use to be and there is no doubt in my mind that players will complain about it, probably more than any of the "new" events that have been updated so far.

Rampart version 2:

Edit:Although I do admit, that would be like 1 rampart +5 ramparts +25 elephants +125 chigoes at once. That might almost be fun
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-01 02:39:57  
ads >.>

[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-07-01 02:42:54  
This is the Task Force at work finding the 3rd party tool users... just watch!! In 3 months if you are 15/15 in neo nyzul gear, you well be perma banned!!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-01 02:43:52  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
On this order lamp floors topic, I've gotten them a grand total of 4 times in regular Nyzul, out of many runs getting 100 for friends. What exactly IS this "trick" to doing them in good time?

The real trick to doing them fast is changing your .dat files so that lamps are marked with numbered names, and they'r always activated in the order 1->5 :P
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-07-01 03:05:01  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
This is the Task Force at work finding the 3rd party tool users... just watch!! In 3 months if you are 15/15 in neo nyzul gear, you well be perma banned!!

How would they know if they weren't there?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-01 03:20:30  
plenty of other floors can and will take longer than an lamp order floor that takes 2-3 cycles.

there is no trick, the lamps hit in the right order stay on, the wrong ones dont, that being said it normally wont take more than 3 cycles to get it right.

you will still need lucky jumps and objectives on your side, but its still possible w/o seeing the lamp order via dats for those not fortunate enough to have that resource.
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2012-07-01 03:28:43  
When did I ever say that lamp delay WASN'T an issue?

On order, one way to beat 'waiting' is the person finding a lamp can hit it and go and the people behind can watch that light if more are discovered. When we spread out we do in teams so there's almost always one person behind. This helps cut down on everyone finding one then going, OK NOW go in an order. It's playing odds and as was stated 2-3 guess works usually. Will it work every time? Nope. Will your group QQ and 100% lose on this? Sure I guess so. As sarcasm implied magical teamwork doesn't solve it all, but again, focus on what you can control to win, and hope it's enough?

And yes, I don't know what I'm talking about. Do I go into Nyzul expecting to win every time? Nope. Do I expect to get trolled by SE? Absolutely. But when you win, it sure feels good doesn't it?
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-01 03:42:42  
it does feel good lol. just seemed you were tryna downplay "teamwork" when I believe that is the most important part of the event. it wont solve everything, but it will be the biggest factor next to luck.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2012-07-01 09:04:50  
Siren.Stunx said: »
it does feel good lol. just seemed you were tryna downplay "teamwork" when I believe that is the most important part of the event. it wont solve everything, but it will be the biggest factor next to luck.

you must have meant minjo's post >.> I have totally emphasized teamwork to winning nyzul, since my Original Post. A good team makes all the difference. It's like you said, it leaves me to almost believe some people don't know how lamps work. People just make it sound like lamps are the end all reason to losing nyzul, and only cheaters can be successful, yet there are floors that can consume much more time. No one complains when lamp floor is code right? Sometimes lamps are literally right next to each other also cutting down time/manpower needs. There's good and bad to it just same as the other randomly generated floors of nyzul. How about the kill all, avoid gears, white magic or weaponskills restricted floor? <_< lol
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-01 09:35:52  

you must have meant minjo's post >.> I have totally emphasized teamwork to winning nyzul, since my Original Post. A good team makes all the difference. It's like you said, it leaves me to almost believe some people don't know how lamps work. People just make it sound like lamps are the end all reason to losing nyzul, and only cheaters can be successful, yet there are floors that can consume much more time. No one complains when lamp floor is code right? Sometimes lamps are literally right next to each other also cutting down time/manpower needs. There's good and bad to it just same as the other randomly generated floors of nyzul. How about the kill all, avoid gears, white magic or weaponskills restricted floor? <_< lol

The worst floor i saw : restricted white magic ; just when embrava wore...on a huge kill all floor.
 Asura.Yoyou
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-07-08 06:14:50  

If for "teamwork" you mean , the 4 dds moves in opposite direction , don't *** up lamp order, (because I'm telling you when to hit) , they're able to think "hey let me kill this mob cockblocking the lamp I was told to stay at while people search for others" , not ingage halfdead mobs and be smart enough to survive even without cures then that's not teamwork it is called common sense.

To win you need 3 things:
1)Lucky jumps
2)Good players that use common sense
3)Someone who give them few directions when they're needed
[+]
 Leviathan.Lockonn
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Grizzle
By Leviathan.Lockonn 2012-07-08 06:18:22  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

The worst floor i saw : restricted white magic ; just when embrava wore...on a huge kill all floor.

I dunno.. Worst set of 3 floors I've gotten was Restricted white magic on floor 97.. Floor up to 99 (gotta love 2 floor jumps). Floor up to 100. Restricted white magic again.. WTF. Still won but still.
 Bahamut.Blze
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blze 2012-07-08 14:20:49  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Bahamut.Blze said: »
y'all want some cheese to go with this whine? strap up your boots and get to work! how is it a challenge if you remove all challenges? Team work, communication, and a little luck that is all that is required for nyzul isle. Order can be troublesome at times, with a clock gnawing at your back side but heck that is the nature of the event. Crying about what is hard for something easy!? really!? and you all have to nerve call yourselves gamers. Go play WoW

Internet hardass elite gamerz up in this. When you learn how to discern between difficulty, tedium, and outright poor design let us know.

Yeah i'm elite i believe in helping others, teamwork, fair play, and communication. i'm so elite that ill help anyone by explaining the game and not calling them noobies and running off. Even going as far as not to be bias to those who dont have the best gear and weapons. i'm so elite that i think i'm the worst player in that game and everyone is better then me, but is so grateful to all of those who have took time out to help me to get some great gear that i pay it forward by helpings others do the same. By tring to become a better player by reading up, testing out, and pay attention during events, then share all my knowledge to others. if that what its ment to be elite then wow have i been wrong.

Sounds to me this whole discussion is about taking away penalties for messing up on lamps cause its waste time!? On top of that y'all not talking about lamps in general just order. not the easy lamp floors like Same time and Registry code which we can fly thru in seconds ....really splittings hairs here aren't we? So lets keep lamps just remove the hardest most time consuming version of the lamp floors.

First that is there purpose is to eat time up. far be it for them to try and make something challenging by putting in traps and all around stuff to trip us up and waste our time. its easy to get frayed when times the enemy. but .dat changing and outright admitting to cheating the game. Though i dont count having "Vent" cheating more like a egde. where people without any of that like me have achieved the same results. i personally don't want to hear that.

only thing constructive i can say about the order lamps is reduce the time where we are waiting for the lamps to turn off after lighting them in the wrong order. That will help us gain a few seconds here and there.

side notes could be people trying to low man the event and getting stuck with more lamps then there are players on lamp floors with same time or order. To that i say "you knew the risk"
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-07-08 14:25:08  
eh, i've had restriced weapon skills on floor100, and i think that's worse than no cures, since people have temps.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-08 14:53:39  
Assuming you have a BLU, which you should, restricted white magic is hardly troublesome.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-08 14:56:55  
Well assuming embrava you should be at 72hp/tick anyway~ If that isn't enough...
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-08 14:59:13  
You guys are complaining about lamps taking awhile? THAT'S THE POINT.

Lamps should waste time, it's supposed to be a challenge!

Also, please reduce cooldown if we get the order wrong thanks.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-09 11:48:54  
I'd be happy if they removed the wait time after you get order correct. Sometimes takes 10 seconds to get the floor cleared message.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-09 11:50:59  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Assuming you have a BLU, which you should, restricted white magic is hardly troublesome.
You'd think so but for some reason, nobody on Asura wants a BLU for Neo-Nizzle. :/
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-07-09 11:51:36  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Well assuming embrava you should be at 72hp/tick anyway~ If that isn't enough...

Embrava + tab rasa Regen V will give ~160/tick. It works well.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-09 12:01:07  
last night had a 8 floor jump and landed on a leader floor then had a 9 floor jump and landed on a spec mob right in front of us followed by another 9 floor jump and landed on a free floor lol. Bet I never see this kind of luck again...
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-07-09 12:04:03  
last night had a 8 floor jump and landed on a leader floor then had a 9 floor jump and landed on a spec mob right in front of us followed by another 9 floor jump and landed on a free floor lol. Bet I never see this kind of luck again...

That is pretty amazing. Were the next jumps like 2-3s? Not saying they were, just how the laws of averages work sadly.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8