[Dev] Neo Nyzul Isle
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-30 12:19:30  
Phoenix.Eiryn said: »
I believe winning something with skill and tactics in this game should be paramount. At this moment in time, anything in this game, even the harder events, can be won with skill and tactics... EXCEPT Neo-nzul. Getting to NN floor 100 is about 25% skill/tactics or less, and 75% or more about luck. You can have the best, most elite group imaginable, 30 min of embrava, haste/enthunder on all DD, and still not make it to floor 100 if you have horrible floor skips, 4-5 lamp floors, huge floor layouts, custards and so on. Eliminating lamp floors, and cutting back on the unnecessary time sink menu/floor jumps is only a small fraction of what can go wrong in a run, however it would improve the luck factor enough that you could enter with an elite group, and actually win with a higher rate, without 3rd party tools.

Whats not mentioned is the 100%+ drop rate. (6 KIs + whatever the boss drops)

The luck/cockblock factor, 25% win or whatever you want to call it is better then 80%+ win and a <5% drop rate like most SE events.

Most groups that fail at NN never took the time to build a good SP. My group went from a 20% win rate to close to 100% over the course of 50 some runs. Our recent losses have been more from our buyers then anything else. (JP player randomly hitting lamps etc)
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 12:21:26  
What's a SP?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-30 12:24:48  
I saw this purple thread and thought there was some new information, instead I got some senseless drama, I dont know whether to be disappointed or amused o.O
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-06-30 12:29:47  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
What's a SP?

Static party
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-06-30 12:41:33  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Yeah, lamps aren't hard, but given the fundamental differences between Nyzul and Neo-Nyzul, they aren't a good addition to the event.

In Neo Nyzul, your real goal is to clear floor 100. You have to rely on your prior experience and the work you put into your character to make sure you can run up as fast as humanly possible. You don't have a lot of room for error.

In my opinion, lamps don't have anything to do with how much time and effort you've already put in; it's all a random clusterfuck of hope and prayer.

In normal Nyzul, you have to clear 5 floors. Even at 75, it was a much more relaxed pace. Your mage needed that time to rest anyways.

Lamps made sense in Nyzul, but not so much in Neo Nyzul.

Well said.
[+]
By Chyula 2012-06-30 12:47:27  
How about just implement the old system into the new area, its a win win situation for the CHEATERS, hardcore and casual!. Problems *** fixed!.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-06-30 12:47:35  
There is a huge difference between possibility and reasonable chance.

Just like there's a huge difference between difficulty and obnoxious mechanics.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-06-30 12:56:41  
Chyula said: »
How about just implement the old system into the new area, its a win win situation for the CHEATERS, hardcore and casual!. Problems *** fixed!.

Actually anyone consistently winning NeoNyzul likes the new system much much better than the old one. Keep trying though.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-06-30 13:01:03  
CHEATERS

By Chyula 2012-06-30 13:03:54  
Bismarck.Altar said: »

Actually anyone consistently winning NeoNyzul likes the new system much much better than the old one. Keep trying though.

Fillmode and Dat swap much lately?.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-06-30 13:11:46  

I win pretty consistently, and I despise the new system. 5 jumps would have been too easy, but when a run can hinge not on skill or coordinate, but mere luck then there is a problem.

The most annoying thing I find is the delay between lamps, takes forever. The first floor shouldn't be included in the time spent, too. I also like the idea of instant jumps, perhaps as something you can set manually before the run.
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2012-06-30 13:13:10  
Let down by the thread, I thought it was going to be a handy update or info, but looks like Lamp Rage and you canz only win by cheatz with some constructive ideas instead. Ah well. The things I do see that could stand to be fixed:

1. Time in the lobby not counting towards objective. Change the entry order sequence. Require that it select the objective floor FIRST, then run a prep time, just like Legion say 1-2 minutes or prep time at best. And to penalize people that take their sweet time, if you don't select an objective when you enter to initiate the prep time after say a minute, it could randomly select 20/40/60/80/100 then begin the prep time (BALANCE lol).

2. Reduce the lamp delay time on "same time" Ideally this usually just takes coordination to do right but on those floors, but in the case that a lamp is missed you have to sit on the last lamps cool down timer.

3. Give Linen Pouches as astarium reward options for the Lower floors. This gives the event longer interest, or a reason to attempt the lower floor runs.

4. Get Rid of Ancient Goobbue on floors. Just...f that guy.

Other than that, I don't see any other reason to make changes. Yes, people will cheat, that's the nature of video games since they began. Sure, they need to streamline the luck/strategy factor, but that doesn't take away the fact that you CAN win w/out cheating, maybe just not as much as you'd like to. This is where a good static group and teamwork come into play like taint stated(And yes I do have NN gear and no I don't win every time and it's sad that you even have to say that you didn't cheat, and even if you do people still say you do anyway....lol) Despite the frustrations, the folks raging obviously haven't stopped trying to do Neo Nyzul.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-06-30 13:27:34  
Lose much lately?
btw I just said I don't use fillmode. Reading Comprehension ftw.

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
I win pretty consistently, and I despise the new system. 5 jumps would have been too easy, but when a run can hinge not on skill or coordinate, but mere luck then there is a problem.
The most annoying thing I find is the delay between lamps, takes forever. The first floor shouldn't be included in the time spent, too. I also like the idea of instant jumps, perhaps as something you can set manually before the run.

5 jumps would be way way wayyyyy too easy. My group had three people d/c just as we were in enter cutscene a couple weeks ago, and we still made 5 jumps before exiting with 15 minutes left (no embrava, war/sam/sch)
And all the things in your 2nd para would apply to the old system as well.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-06-30 13:29:18  
Blah Double post sorry
 Sylph.Kliaa
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kliaa
By Sylph.Kliaa 2012-06-30 13:51:37  
Instead of having to go up 100 floors with a random number generator, why not make it 15 floors with a boss on every 3rd? That'd remove a decent amount of the luck involved
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-06-30 13:55:34  

5 jumps would be way way wayyyyy too easy. My group had three people d/c just as we were in enter cutscene a couple weeks ago, and we still made 5 jumps before exiting with 15 minutes left (no embrava, war/sam/sch)

I said 5 would be too easy, I think something like 20 jumps would be fairer. I'd just rather have a system that wasn't so dependent on luck, where if I failed it'd be down to my group actions , and not just tremendously bad floor jumps.

The 2nd paragraph was just outlining things that annoy me about nyzul in general, but I feel they're more glaring in neo-nyzul.
By Chyula 2012-06-30 14:26:09  
Lose much lately?
btw I just said I don't use fillmode. Reading Comprehension ftw.

Cerberus.Balloon said: »

wtf is this to do with reading comprehension?, I quote exactly what you said and if you had said something about fillmode in your previous post then it have nothing to do with my reading comprehension. you know why i bolded that word consistency?, we all playing the same game here. the RNG is working against everyone here if you don't use any kind of cheat. You do know what that word consistency mean right?, Hint not getting the good RNG a few times.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-30 14:27:35  
I seriously have no idea as to what point you were trying to make.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2012-06-30 14:28:31  
10-50 floor jumps at random would be pimp...
[+]
 Asura.Yoyou
サーバ: Asura
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-06-30 14:52:51  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Remove time penalty from being discovered by gears and order lamps. That's about it.

provoke + fillmode!
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-06-30 15:12:13  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Who talks like that?
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-06-30 15:27:03  
Sylph.Kliaa said: »
Instead of having to go up 100 floors with a random number generator, why not make it 15 floors with a boss on every 3rd? That'd remove a decent amount of the luck involved

You're screwing one boss. It would actually be 20 floors with a boss on every 4th.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-06-30 16:10:54  
Maybe make it possible for somebody like me that choose's not to use 3rd pt tools on PC or play on Xbox. I should be able to win without any of that. Kinda *** I will never have a chance to win this because I play the game with the tools given to me and those alone. But whatever, gear and windower ***don't make you a great player, I'll still get ***done with my 6 macro lines in full screen mode. And I'm not saying that stuff is cheating or nothin, use it if you want /shrug. This event is just basically *** for ppl like me.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-30 16:13:57  
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Who talks like that?
Me. Wanna fight about it?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 16:14:55  
Should say "come at me bro" or it's not the same!
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
サーバ: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-06-30 16:48:41  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Sylph.Kliaa said: »

You're screwing one boss. It would actually be 20 floors with a boss on every 4th.

Boss every 3 floors with 15 floors total = 5 bosses
Boss every 4 floors with 20 floors total = 5 bosses

Math.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-30 16:57:41  
This is probably not an option since it'd be very different, but I'd rather if the climbing "challenge" was reduced and the boss difficulty was increased. If they could balance it so that we all could make it to the final boss reliably but have only a ~25% chance of actually winning, that would be pretty cool, imho. Then player skill and gear would have more of an influence and there would be less RNG ***.
 Siren.Renavi
サーバ: Siren
user: Renavi
By Siren.Renavi 2012-06-30 17:29:55  
What are reqs to enter Neo Nyzul?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-06-30 17:53:10