[Dev] Neo Nyzul Isle
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-09 12:09:33  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Well assuming embrava you should be at 72hp/tick anyway~ If that isn't enough...
Mobs in NNI hit like trucks. Easily high 200s to 500 per swing. If you've got a train on you, your HP will drop fast if you have to stop running to fight a leader or family.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-09 12:10:25  
Don't train things unless you have an Apoc?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-09 12:12:07  
As long as it doesn't kill you, it's an effective strategy on certain floor types.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-07-09 12:12:33  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Well assuming embrava you should be at 72hp/tick anyway~ If that isn't enough...
Mobs in NNI hit like trucks. Easily high 200s to 500 per swing. If you've got a train on you, your HP will drop fast if you have to stop running to fight a leader or family.

HEY! My regen is enough to heal your ***. But yes Tikal, you are a bit reckless, following you is a priority in my eyes =P
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-09 12:13:01  
Cerberus.Sevvy said: »
Siren.Stunx said: »
last night had a 8 floor jump and landed on a leader floor then had a 9 floor jump and landed on a spec mob right in front of us followed by another 9 floor jump and landed on a free floor lol. Bet I never see this kind of luck again...

That is pretty amazing. Were the next jumps like 2-3s? Not saying they were, just how the laws of averages work sadly.

those were our last batch of jumps, but was 18 jumps.

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

from what I seen, with a decent tank set, you wont take that much damage. and imo there is no reason to have more than 4-5 mobs max before you stop to kill them or just powder boots the fk out of there lol.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-09 12:15:07  
HEY! My regen is enough to heal your ***. But yes Tikal, you are a bit reckless, following you is a priority in my eyes =P
You should see Senk. He's got like a 5 mob train going on any floor. Sometimes he'll bring a few Skull NMs to the party.

But yeah, I'm reckless. It gets the job done though. :)
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-07-09 12:15:41  
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
You guys are complaining about lamps taking awhile? THAT'S THE POINT.

Lamps should waste time, it's supposed to be a challenge!

Also, please reduce cooldown if we get the order wrong thanks.

I think it would be better to let players know how many lamps there are. Also no or lower cool down time would help.

Lamps shouldn't be that hard as long someone is giving orders and figuring out the correct order. But all that is useless if you haven't found all the lamps.

Also placing 3 gears near a lamp sucks *** with time reduction as a penalty for aggroing them.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-09 12:18:24  
You can voke/ranged attack/chi blast/etc them to avoid the penalty.

"Avoid discovery" ones only penalize you if they aggro you. It's safe if you aggro them.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-09 12:23:12  
I remember once in NNI someone was discovered by a gear and we got the security malfunction message, "Afflicted with CHR down."

The smart-*** I am, I go, "Oh no, not my CHR!"

So we immediately floor up to "Weapon skills restricted."

tl;dr Don't make fun of the game, it'll bite you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-07-09 12:32:24  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

"Avoid discovery" ones only penalize you if they aggro you. It's safe if you aggro them.
Yes I know, that's why I said aggro.

As DRK not may options to engage them unless using ranged attack.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-07-09 12:35:34  
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
You can voke/ranged attack/chi blast/etc them to avoid the penalty. "Avoid discovery" ones only penalize you if they aggro you. It's safe if you aggro them.
Yes I know, that's why I said aggro. As DRK not may options to engage them unless using ranged attack.

Should be subbing WAR for max damage output and the voke is really nice.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-09 12:36:53  
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »

Yes I know, that's why I said aggro.

As DRK not may options to engage them unless using ranged attack.

DRKs should sub WAR and voke. You can also magic pull them at max range and not aggro them. (a little more risky)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-09 12:37:38  
I simply brought Darts. :p
[+]
 Asura.Chefm
サーバ: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2012-07-09 12:39:25  
The idea of going from fl 1 to 100 in 30min is a challenge but if you look at it in numbers, its dumb
*Say you average 4 a jump , you need 25 jumps. To do 25jumps in 30min you need to do each fl in 1.2 mins
*Say you average 7 a jump , you need 15 jumps. To do 15jumps in 30mins you need to a each fl in 2 min.

My SP does 16-19jumps average a run, in 20ish runs , we have 1win, 1- fl100 time out, and we normal time out at fl 70-90. Reason: Lamps, all fl with big map, lamps delay, and we average 3-4 on the jump. but when an event comes down to the fact that you get Lucky and don't get 2,2,2,3,4,2,2 etc on your jumps....

So for those people that win 90% of the time, or win with only 3 people or wins with 15min lefts etc. I call BS, unless they would like to enlighten us on how they do it...
 Cerberus.Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-07-09 12:41:59  
Asura.Chefm said: »
The idea of going from fl 1 to 100 in 30min is a challenge but if you look at it in numbers, its dumb *Say you average 4 a jump , you need 25 jumps. To do 25jumps in 30min you need to do each fl in 1.2 mins *Say you average 7 a jump , you need 15 jumps. To do 15jumps in 30mins you need to a each fl in 2 min. My SP does 16-19jumps average a run, in 20ish runs , we have 1win, 1- fl100 time out, and we normal time out at fl 70-90. Reason: Lamps, all fl with big map, lamps delay, and we average 3-4 on the jump. but when an event comes down to the fact that you get Lucky and don't get 2,2,2,3,4,2,2 etc on your jumps.... So for those people that win 90% of the time, or win with only 3 people or wins with 15min lefts etc. I call BS, unless they would like to enlighten us on how they do it...

Its all about the law of averages. We have completed Nyzul with 10 mins remaining and we have timed out on Floor 100. Killing fast is key, but also the jumps can royally mess with you. Or you can get Hydra AND Fafnir on an all floor like we did >.>
 Asura.Chefm
サーバ: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2012-07-09 12:43:26  
The idea of going from fl 1 to 100 in 30min is a challenge but if you look at it in numbers, its dumb *Say you average 4 a jump , you need 25 jumps. To do 25jumps in 30min you need to do each fl in 1.2 mins *Say you average 7 a jump , you need 15 jumps. To do 15jumps in 30mins you need to a each fl in 2 min. My SP does 16-19jumps average a run, in 20ish runs , we have 1win, 1- fl100 time out, and we normal time out at fl 70-90. Reason: Lamps, all fl with big map, lamps delay, and we average 3-4 on the jump. but when an event comes down to the fact that you get Lucky and don't get 2,2,2,3,4,2,2 etc on your jumps.... So for those people that win 90% of the time, or win with only 3 people or wins with 15min lefts etc. I call BS, unless they would like to enlighten us on how they do it...

Its all about the law of averages. We have completed Nyzul with 10 mins remaining and we have timed out on Floor 100. Killing fast is key, but also the jumps can royally mess with you. Or you can get Hydra AND Fafnir on an all floor like we did >.>

But you got all 9jumps right?
 Cerberus.Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-07-09 12:46:14  

Not at all, actually we were groaning because our first few jumps were 2,3and 4. After floor 21 we seemed to sky rocket on jumps and got a free floor on floor 56 and got a 9 jump from that
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-09 12:47:19  

Not even close we average ~19 clears last I checked. We have pulled some wins completely out of our ***. Like not having Embrava for -8minutes or multiple deaths. I couldn't tell you the last time we lost besides a JP buyer randomly activating lamps.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-09 12:47:34  
A strong group mitigates time losses. Having high output levels, making efficient decisions on the directions to take and how to spread out on a map, and smart use of temps like Sprinter's Drink. Granted, the game can totally *** you, but more often than not, there's still a possibility of winning.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-07-09 12:52:41  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Not even close we average ~19 clears last I checked. We have pulled some wins completely out of our ***. Like not having Embrava for -8minutes or multiple deaths. I couldn't tell you the last time we lost besides a JP buyer randomly activating lamps.

Yah we had 8 wins in a row, our first loss was the JP touching lamps. If Taint was in vent I am sure there would have been a lot of /rage. =P
[+]
By Thanzo187 2012-07-09 13:25:12  
so all I see is lamp floors are gay the hell guys those are easiest floors than defeat all enemies we lost like 2 runs cause all we kept on getting was defeat all enemies but lamp floors just skype it up and bye floor or make them replace other lamps by code lamps lawl
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-09 13:27:34  
I think you're forgetting "coherent" and "sentence" as one or both of those attributes would greatly effect what the ***I just read.
[+]
By Thanzo187 2012-07-09 13:30:48  
toobadthisisntschoolsoidonthavetoorwork
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-09 13:32:16  
No one cares about what you post if it's not intelligible.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-07-09 13:32:40  
It doesn't matter if it's school or not. If you want people to care what you have to say, you should make what you have to say readable.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-09 13:42:30  
Why do people think it's work? It's really not that hard.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-09 13:46:30  
Rniedag and winirtg are dlfiucft.

I really doubt anyone is about to claim that the ability to communicate in a calm, rational manner is incredibly difficult for a lot of people in this game--including myself, while dealing with said people.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-09 13:50:33  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Why do people think it's work? It's really not that hard.

Now, now. Not everyone was graced with the same gifts as someone else. There are people who smoke and/or drink during pregnancy. There are people who have difficult pregnancies where the infant is deprived of oxygen. I imagine that the child of Britney Spears would type a sentence of similar structure and quite probably get just as defensive over it.
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-07-09 21:56:07  
Thanzo187 said: »
toobadthisisntschoolsoidonthavetoorwork
I can't read this. :/ So I don't have toor work, have too rwork, wut?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8