Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [Dev] Neo Nyzul Isle
[Dev] Neo Nyzul Isle
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Latifah 2012-06-30 17:55:06  
people complain about how easy ffxi is, but when SE put something challenging they complain
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-30 18:02:50  
People want legitimate difficulty. Not RNG.
[+]
By Dantedmc 2012-06-30 18:03:21  
Don't know how many times people have to say it but......

luck based event ≠ challenging content
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 18:04:05  
I've been curious, why do you guys say "rng"?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-30 18:04:38  
random number generator.
 Alexander.Drokin
サーバ: Alexander
user: drokin
By Alexander.Drokin 2012-06-30 18:04:43  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I've been curious, why do you guys say "rng"?

Random Number Generator

Ramuh.Austar said: »
And I shall beat you by five seconds.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-06-30 18:04:59  
Neo Nyzul isn't even a challenge, bring your 4 DDs + 2 SCHs, you get *** on small jumps, big rooms and too many defeat all objectives but it's all been said already.
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-30 18:05:00  
Random Number Generator. Not Ranger :P
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 18:06:32  
Thanks, didn't know what it meant.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-30 18:07:17  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Thanks, didn't know what it meant.
i only know because of pokemon
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2012-06-30 18:15:38  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Maybe make it possible for somebody like me that choose's not to use 3rd pt tools on PC or play on Xbox. I should be able to win without any of that. Kinda *** I will never have a chance to win this because I play the game with the tools given to me and those alone. But whatever, gear and windower ***don't make you a great player, I'll still get ***done with my 6 macro lines in full screen mode. And I'm not saying that stuff is cheating or nothin, use it if you want /shrug. This event is just basically *** for ppl like me.

I play on PS2(that will change in 2013!). I don't even need all 6 of the macro lines to win nyzul. Why can't you win without? This is what people should focus on. Lamps Lamps Lamps....Kill everything floors can be just as bad if not worse if you get a ton of those floors. The key to winning nyzul is to maximize what you CAN control in the hopes that you over come the challenges you CAN'T control. You can apply this to anything in the freaking game.....Luck is always there. For instance, you could go do Akvan. Akvan's EASY right? BUT what if he does nothing but cast death the whole fight and just drops half your ally? You always have to adapt to things in order to succeed. Make some friends, get nice and tight as a unit, learn to communicate, don't just QQ rage if you lose a nyzul run, and build from it until you DO win.

I just like how all these threads just turn into cry about why I can't win nyzul and assume everyone else that wins cheats threads, get shown it CAN be done, then still cry more about only winning nyzul with cheats. I guess, that whole offer constructive improvements to nyzul will always be buried by cryaboutwhyIcanthavelootshandedtomewithnochanceoflosing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-06-30 18:37:41  
Edit: I managed to post absolutely nothing there.

While 3rd party tools aren't necessary, as it stands currently encountering an order lamp floor, beyond tremendous floor jumping luck, is an almost instant loss.

I'd assume that encountering this floor is a much more common occurrence than Akvan death spamming an alliance.

A floor that can ruin the run of even the most successful, skilled players isn't something that should be included. It serves as nothing more than a wall. It mitigates the effects of skill and communication, which otherwise neo-nyzul rewards.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 18:38:23  
Cerberus.Balloon said: »
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-30 18:54:41  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Neo Nyzul isn't even a challenge, bring your 4 DDs + 2 SCHs, you get *** on small jumps, big rooms and too many defeat all objectives but it's all been said already.

As is apparent by all of your neo nyzul gear of course.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-06-30 19:02:30  
Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »

Don't be a ***. I've only just started Neo-Nyzul for the record since you're calling me out on it, it's the same ***as normal Nyzul just requiring some luck on floor jumps and not too many all floors so yes I know what the *** I'm saying since you're trying to suggest otherwise just on my gear.
[+]
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2012-06-30 19:05:45  

Yeah because having no Nyzul gear is a clear indication of it being so incredibly difficult and not random luck based at all...*** idiot...
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-06-30 19:06:58  
I came, I saw, I lol'd.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-30 19:07:38  
Cerberus.Neojuggernaut said: »

Yeah because having no Nyzul gear is a clear indication of it being so incredibly difficult and not random luck based at all...*** idiot...

Yes actually. If it's not a challenge at all then surely you would have beaten the event enough times to at least have one piece of gear.

Chill out brohemain rhapsody.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 19:09:05  
It's becoming a loop.
Dantedmc said: »
Don't know how many times people have to say it but......

luck based event ≠ challenging content
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-30 19:13:09  
Well luck creates artificial challenge. Even though the event itself is relying heavily on luck it can still be challenging to complete the event due to the luck based nature of it. The content isn't challenging in itself, but completing it and getting the optimum spoils is a challenge.

Maybe not a challenge that requires skill, but a challenge none the less.
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-30 19:18:55  
i like the avatar with the little dragon better
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 19:26:05  
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-30 19:31:06  
naw the other one that clearly resembles Khaleesi.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 19:33:07  
Oh my previous one! Yeah it was cute <3
By Gimp 2012-06-30 20:35:39  
Shiva.Paulu said: »
Random Number Generator. Not Ranger :P

i seriously thought there was some sort of inside joke going on with ranger at the guy nerd raging, glad someone asked haha
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2012-07-01 00:54:25  
Cerberus.Balloon said: »
Edit: I managed to post absolutely nothing there.

While 3rd party tools aren't necessary, as it stands currently encountering an order lamp floor, beyond tremendous floor jumping luck, is an almost instant loss.

I'd assume that encountering this floor is a much more common occurrence than Akvan death spamming an alliance.

A floor that can ruin the run of even the most successful, skilled players isn't something that should be included. It serves as nothing more than a wall. It mitigates the effects of skill and communication, which otherwise neo-nyzul rewards.

Again it all comes back to the lamps. I dont see anyone complaining when lamps is CODE registration? Why? Because that's the easiest kind of floor. Lamp floor order is a perfect example of where Communication helps you clear the floor. If your team is able to manage the obstacles as a team a lamp floor is a joke.

You get too many kill all floors and that's even worse than any "lamp" floor. One time we had a Tremendous floor that was kill all enemies. The floor was entirely empty, and had a whopping 3 mobs but took more time than any lamp floor simply b/c the 3 mobs had to be found to even clear the floor. Lately troll floors like this are game overs. How about kill all, avoid gears etc... Like taint stated it just comes down to finding ways to win. With my same Akvan example, every time you do nyzul you get lamp order EVERY time right?

Another alternative that also amuses me is the fact that EVERYONE is always hellbent on floor 100. If winning that is such an issue, there's nothing that says you can't spam floor 80 wins and still get a gold astarium for a HQ piece. Yes it takes more time, but this comes back to the immediate gratification gimme my lootz easy.
[+]
By dalmat 2012-07-01 01:08:20  
So just curious i am very fresh to the scene but how big are the party for a successful run?
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-01 01:28:46  
Asura.Echandra said: »
Another alternative that also amuses me is the fact that EVERYONE is always hellbent on floor 100. If winning that is such an issue, there's nothing that says you can't spam floor 80 wins and still get a gold astarium for a HQ piece. Yes it takes more time, but this comes back to the immediate gratification gimme my lootz easy.
That's not really a fair comparison. If you only spam 80 and want to get all 15 pieces, it's going to take you 25*15 = 375 days to get them all, whereas if you aim for 100, even with only a 25% success ratio, it's going to take you a maximum of 60 days but more than likely at least 20% or so less than that due to pool drops, so around 48 days.

I wouldn't consider someone choosing 48 days over 375 days to be an "omg immediate gratification gimme my lootz easy" type of person. Choosing to spam at for a total of 375 runs is just just dumb, and it's dumb for SE to ever think we would choose that path. This is equivalent to a floor 100 clear rate of only 4%. Even pick-up groups without voice chat and fillmode/dats are probably going to have a better rate than that just due to occasional good luck.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-01 01:43:06  
Asura.Echandra said: »
If your team is able to manage the obstacles as a team a lamp floor is a joke.

You haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about. Pray explain how the magic of teamwork circumvents the relatively costly delay accrued when a group doesn't guess the sequence of the lamps precisely. Or are you suggesting that said delay is irrelevant in an event that people frequently win or lose by margins as wide as a few seconds?

Or maybe, just maybe..

You haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-01 01:44:28  
willing to bet SE isnt even concerned with nyzul anymore and lookin towards new ***and future updates more lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8