Medals - A Discussion REBORN!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Medals - A discussion REBORN!
Medals - A discussion REBORN!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 47 48 49
By Staleyx 2019-11-11 18:19:33  
[+]
 Leviathan.Wiccaan
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Wiccaan
By Leviathan.Wiccaan 2019-11-11 18:20:55  
Nekseus said: »
I would be really surprised if SE actually does anything other than patch it.

On another note. How bout that exploit Eli? xD

Given their history, they will probably target the main exploiters. A few people took caution while abusing this, while the majority that have did not.
SE has plenty of logging and information on their end to trace back enough to hit the main offenders.

The fallout of everything that was pushed into the economy is the interesting part to see if anything is done. Going to assume not much at this point.

Would be funny to see some kind of rollback though, but highly doubtful.

Caerda said: »
It has to be some kind of packet injection deal to manipulate an item and amount return on a sack item? They had to use a legit medal to do it, hence buying one of each on ah. Screenshot was shown to be done in Port Jeuno, no npc was used.

How it works will be posted when it's fixed.

As to the staff; I can see removing the attacks from the other thread, but fully removing the thread seems a bit overkill. This is one of the few sites left that are highly active in the FFXI scene. Given that it's basically the only site talking about the issue too, may be useful to leave it up for SE to see since they do actively pay attention to third-party sites.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-11 18:24:25  
ryukin182 said: »
Asura.Cair said: »
Is that leffen?
Can't be Leffen, I don't see any tears on that face.
サーバ: Asura
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2019-11-11 18:32:55  
Is that the wiccaan from live journal though? if so maaan its been ages bro.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-11 18:55:25  
I was away for the better part of the day. Didn’t realize thread was deleted. Y’all mods really really ain’t ***for that. We have something actively affecting the economy of the game and we out here discussing things amongst ourselves. It’s one thing if people are asking stupid questions like how to perform the exploit. But we should have a place to discuss this as players.
[+]
By Fayona 2019-11-11 19:07:38  
Really not sure how they could fix the economy at this point. People are currently selling stacks of Beastmen's Medals for 90M on Asura. Even the accounts the were sitting in Jeuno with 8k medals to make people "aware" of the issue are hemorrhaging medals. The Velisarian character had 8k this morning and according to this website are down to 5k. They had more last night. Medals and shards are about to plummet in price. Why buy a shard for 3-7 mill when there are now THOUSANDS of extra medals in the game.
By Staleyx 2019-11-11 19:12:11  
RMT sites are selling packs of 500 medals each and they have tons of them all of a sudden. Maybe they already have it?
By zaxtiss 2019-11-11 19:12:43  
do people not understand that buying those medals "can" get them banned?
your buying a item that is a known to be a dupped item....
By Draylo 2019-11-11 19:22:28  
Which is why that thread should not have been deleted. It should be reposted to other sites as well like BG and its yet to be on the official forums.
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-11-11 19:23:01  
zaxtiss said: »
Sorry buddy but this isn't true. They cannot ban you from buying items from a bazaar, whether it was duped or not.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 19:24:08  
zaxtiss said: »

It CAN't get you banned. That's the problem. They would have to ban EVERYONE at this point. It didn't just start today.

HaHa, ironically, except me, I've never done or bought anything related to failnamis, I'm 100% uninvolved. Even accidentally.
By Mrxi 2019-11-11 19:24:36  
I got 3 account suspended for it shortly after i noticed them pop on each server for buying 100's off ah, like i have been doing since came out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Fayona 2019-11-11 19:26:26  
DirectX said: »
Fayona said: »
People are currently selling stacks of Beastmen's Medals for 90k on Asura.
90M.

Fixed
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2019-11-11 19:26:41  
Quote:
Sorry buddy but this isn't true. They cannot ban you from buying items from a bazaar, whether it was duped or not.

This is not true. I have personally had a character banned for buying exploited items from another character's bazaar as early as 2009.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 19:27:51  
Yeah, except you exploited them, and bought from yourself...
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-11 19:28:56  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yeah, except you exploited them, and bought from yourself...
But, if the character was on a different account, different IP(vpn), and otherwise there was no way to prove they were associated, how does it matter he bought them from himself?

I've seen the same exact thing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 19:30:06  
If you put up 80 for a 'weird' amount and then another 80 and then another 80 and they all go to the same guy.

Or something similarly "obvious" yeah, it goes without saying that it's obvious.

Rando that grabs 50 off a bazaar and doesn't come back isn't "obvious"
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-11 19:32:36  
If it just comes down to quantity, what's stopping them from banning Aquatic or anyone else who bought hundreds/thousands? I could easily be Aquatic(I'm not) and just be giving myself a huge discount instead of free ***.

There is always some risk. No, I don't think buyers are getting banned.
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2019-11-11 19:32:51  
Even if I had done that, which wasn't the case for the first instance (the items that the account were exploited on belonged to a player who lived in a completely different country, and he's the one that did it), the two accounts had no ties to each other outside of the purchase.

Saying that it can't happen is complete ***, and it's entirely at the discretion of Square Enix.

Will everyone get banned? Probably not. Can they? Sure.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-11 19:33:38  
Draylo said: »
Which is why that thread should not have been deleted. It should be reposted to other sites as well like BG and its yet to be on the official forums.

So post it on the OF. You want it there, you are as capable as anyone else of posting it. They already have deleted it at least once, and they've got hundreds of STF reports and GM calls to boot. It seems like they just haven't had anyone clock into FFXI related stuff yet.

Maybe they have some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE rotation and it's all just sitting in a queue until the 1 day a week/month their team looks at FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 19:35:05  
In the case of aquatic;

he "intercepted" a billion gil from an "obvious" rmt, in additional to buying excessive known duped medals. If he goes down, it wasn't just because of the medals

Like I said, just to prove you wrong, I will gladly take thousands of medals, we can even laugh in chat how you hacked them as you give them to me.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2019-11-11 19:37:54  
Stop asking about how the exploit works.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By zaxtiss 2019-11-11 19:45:11  
ahhh F it ima go watch a real show good night folks.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-11-11 19:46:24  
DirectX said: »
I know how it works, but I don't understand why it only works with those items. I have no intention of trying it, I am just interested in understanding it from a spaghetti coding perspective.

My best guess is it had something to do with the lag between exiting Aurix's menu and getting the medal(s) returned to your inventory (force d/cing?), or the ability to macro /item to trade them, or possibly a combo of both but with another layer of outside assistance like packet injection somewhere during the menu. If not packet injection then just something that bypasses the speed of what's possible for humans to do, that ffxi didn't guard against with this menu.

But... don't you need to advance your character to be able to talk to Aurix at all? These are mules doing this. *shrug*

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2019-11-11 19:46:52  
Working for cinders also I thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 47 48 49