Medals - A Discussion REBORN!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Medals - A discussion REBORN!
Medals - A discussion REBORN!
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-14 02:41:35  
Edit: I think it may have been edited and I missed something.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-14 02:42:15  
None of the above. I'm already a large scale RMT, but I focus on automation.

Keeping it and using it would have made amassing gil negligible, but it's already easy for me, and allowing other people to keep it will send the market down to nothing.

Getting it fixed gives the market a chance to recover, which will make me more money long term.

I did not do this to help anyone but myself, it just so happens my interests were aligned with what was best for the community. Make no mistake though, I have thoroughly enjoyed everything about this thread(except what it did to my sleep schedule tonight).
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-14 02:44:16  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
None of the above. I'm already a large scale RMT, but I focus on automation.

Keeping it and using it would have made amassing gil negligible, but it's already easy for me, and allowing other people to keep it will send the market down to nothing.

Getting it fixed gives the market a chance to recover, which will make me more money long term.

I did not do this to help anyone but myself, it just so happens my interests were aligned with what was best for the community. Make no mistake though, I have thoroughly enjoyed everything about this thread(except what it did to my sleep schedule tonight).

So like... Doh Gates stuff.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-14 02:48:53  
I have accumulated more than enough hatred in this thread that I have no interest in revealing anything at all about my business or characters. The reasoning should be more than obvious, and there is no exception or circumstance that will make giving out that kind of information worthwhile to me, today or any other day.

That said, I do my best not to actively occupy anything where I am likely to have a direct negative impact on other players' experience. Not necessarily out of the goodness of my heart, but because being in people's way makes you a target.

I'll leave it at that, I guess. If the topic wants to discuss my RMT, they can do it without me.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-14 02:52:59  
I got all my answers. Fascinating stuff.

This thread will be nuked by morning.

I wish everyone health and happiness.
By SimonSes 2019-11-14 02:53:50  
Thorny simply makes tons of $ from selling gils that he gets by farming without exploits but using bots. He doesnt hide it at all, so not sure how you are not aware of this. That exploit would destroy hos job because gils would lost value by a lot for a long time if that would apread even more. Its that simple and again he doesnt hide it. Also yes, he is rich by above standards, because he probably make 5000$ each month (or more).
By Rips 2019-11-14 03:10:35  
SimonSes said: »
Thorny simply makes tons of $ from selling gils that he gets by farming without exploits but using bots. He doesnt hide it at all, so not sure how you are not aware of this. That exploit would destroy hos job because gils would lost value by a lot for a long time if that would apread even more. Its that simple and again he doesnt hide it. Also yes, he is rich by above standards, because he probably make 5000$ each month (or more).

$5000 a month? Yeah, okay.
By Draylo 2019-11-14 03:28:42  
That isnt rich lol, not much really. And stop back seat meating. The thread doesnt meed to be deleted.
[+]
サーバ: Asura
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2019-11-14 03:37:19  
Just think. if you put all this effort into something rl and not a video game. 15 mins of gardening a day for 9 wks, if applicable space is avail, you'd make triple that.
[+]
By Packetcet 2019-11-14 03:42:41  
Rips said: »
Did you guys feel like you won the lottery when you found this? Did you feel powerful? Did you feel guilty?

Any remorse?
Honestly, I was pretty scared to use it at first because I had never used anything beyond Windower in my decade and a half of playing this game. No gil bought, no botting, no claim tools despite being in my fair share of hnmls. Once you use it, it's hard to stop, but I think we in Eli's inner circle were very restrained while using it.

Powerful? Nah, we were already powerful. We had all made ourselves a ton of weapons legit each, and in my main jobs I had BiS everything. The only thing this exploit allowed us to do is play a bunch of jobs that we didn't normally get to play at a high level, without sinking countless hours of our life into gearing up. We were already doing the highest level of content in the game low-man before we even discovered this. This rubbish that's been going on about lack of skill, not necessarily from you but from other people ITT... DD and Eli are both super skilled at this game, and Eli could do all that and run 5 alts at the same time without big drops in performance.

Guilty? Well, none of us who were originally in on it were the ones who flooded the market and tried to ruin the economy, however some of us did feel quite bad about it. We didn't want to hurt the regular people who were trying to sell their own stuff.

Regret? Not even in the slightest. I felt like this game had taken so many years from me, I was going to take control and go out on my terms. The banhammer hasn't hit me yet, but if it does, no big deal. I've already gotten everything I wanted. We would often joke that if we got caught, this would be us;

edit- also, the thing about pulling gil out of gob box or whatever, that's not something that eli's original stuff did, and none of us did that. That's the first we've heard about that.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-14 05:58:37  
A takehome pay of $5,000 a month is equivalent to 60 thousand dollars a year. That's "middle class" income in today's american society. If that pay is the gross figure though you're looking at closer to 35-40 grand takehome after taxes hit you. Regardless of gross or net however, 5 grand a month isn't extraordinary by any means with today's prices. It's enough to live fairly comfortably in most cases, but when home mortgages can easily run 2-3 grand a month, kids and college tuition fees exist, and after food, medical bills, and unexpected expenses are accounted for it's merely "solid" income, but nothing special. There are people who make six digit figures that get into financial trouble.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-14 06:08:56  
Granted I wouldn't call someone who gets 5k/month "rich", I would call it a pretty nice monthly salary.
Especially because, with that source, you probably have no taxes to pay about it (officially).

I mean, where do I sign for a 5k/month salary?! I get less than 1/3 of that every month lol
Well after taxes of course.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-14 06:13:43  
That's the kind of money that could get you in trouble with the IRS if you don't declare taxes on it and you're unlucky enough they get suspicious enough to investigate (such as if you're living a middle-income lifestyle for an extended period of time with no apparent income at all).
By SimonSes 2019-11-14 06:17:31  
Depends where you live. In Poland for example 5000$ would be a lot (probably something like 15k$ in USA). We have same prices (or even higher ) for things like Playstation, PC and other electric things sold around the world, because we have EU prices of that here, but things like food, housing etc. is much cheaper (I have mortgage around 800$ and that's considered a medium high mortgage).
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-11-14 06:28:28  
Yeah but what do you tell your friends / family / s/o you do for work

Date: So what do you do for a living?

RMT: Entrepreneur. Complicated. You?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-14 06:30:04  
Oh there's plenty of taxes to go with that pay range bracket trust me. It's better income than retail, but retail is a shitty metric to measure income by. Corporate greed shafts retail positions hardcore, and most corporations consider their retail staff expendable because they're easily replaced (You can tell by their policies, regardless how much they tell you they love and value you to your face). I worked retail for 15 years and yeah it sucks... really freakin sucks. Many positions that offer compensation in the 4-5 grand range require significant investments in college education too, and that can easily set you back a decade or more before you see any true net returns.

I'm not knocking anyone. Trust me, I understand what the average salary is nowadays. I don't make that much a month either, but after finally leaving my old retail position behind it's something I can envision clearly enough. And again, if that's a gross figure the net is going to be closer to 65-70% of that. The government takes close to 30-35% in taxes from that pay bracket, which is a lot.

Quote:
I would call it a pretty nice monthly salary.

However this is still true. According to current statistics, the average american monthly salary is roughly 45 grand a year. But when the top few percentiles are bringing in nine and even ten digit figures annually, that skewers things. I remember reading that most younger people are still seeing closer to the 20-30k range. That's an attestation to how tough things are despite people saying the economy is healthy if you ask me.

Quote:
If you think $5000~ for sitting on your *** playing video games (while bots do nearly everything for you) doing minimal work isn't good pay, than you must have an extraordinary job or your incredibly jealous and delusional.

I wasn't talking in context of botting for money. I was talking about the real world job market. Obviously if you can circumvent the system that changes the outlook considerably.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-14 06:36:11  
Did he specifically say he made $5000 a month selling gil to RMT though? I only saw that simonsays insinuated it. Nowhere in the thread did I see an admission that was what he truly made. If that's actually the case then damn.....

Quote:
Probably only about $4,000-$5000, I had specific target I wanted before I quit in in october.

I had assumed that to be his TOTAL income he earned from RMT, not a monthly figure. There's a huge difference between $5000 over the course of 2 years, and $5000 every month for 2 years.
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2019-11-14 06:37:34  
For people without special situations(leg issues) the 5k is a side bonus from whatever you would do normally for a living, double time if most of your ffxi interaction is automated.

You guys are thinking too small.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-14 06:46:23  
It's 6 am and I'm not much of a morning person. Also this thread has gotten long and there's a lot to read. It's quite possible I overlooked something on my end too. I just didn't see anyone admit to making $5000 a month from RMT. I saw an admission that someone made $5000, which I assumed was a total figure from all sales combined.

My response was toward Rips and Draylos comment specifically. Rips said "$5,000" a month?, Really" to which Draylo responded by saying that wasn't a lot in today's world (not really). I was merely elaborating on Draylo's point. Simon insinuated $5,000 a month from RMT sales but that was never confirmed and I suspect is an exaggeration. That's where the confusion happened between us.
By SimonSes 2019-11-14 06:53:11  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I had assumed that to be his TOTAL income he earned from RMT, not a monthly figure. There's a huge difference between $5000 over the course of 2 years, and $5000 every month for 2 years.

You are talking about Eli and his 5000$ (that he thrown by himself). Im talking about Thorny(Comeatmebro) who is not some random person who discovered exploit and wanted to be low profile and make fun until he apparently got greedy and started selling it to too many people. Thorny is large scale RMT. 5000$ was so far what? 10B gils? I bet he can farm and sell that easily per month. He clearly explained that he wont confirm details of his business, but just going by pure logic I know that 10B gils farmed/sold per month is for sure possible, so I thrown 5000$ per month as low end believable estimation.
By kishr 2019-11-14 06:54:34  
5k a month is peanuts. He's trolling and doesn't ***with his life. F him.
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-14 07:09:54  
Hi.

When I said "hotter than usual" I didn't mean that it was okay to turn the whole thread into a how-to for selling gil.

The exploit is patched and the first wave of bans has landed, so I'll be locking this thread soon. Get your memes in while you can.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-11-14 07:12:46  
GMs be forming party with each other like "Dyna-D Bans - Wave 2 clear - 4/6 /tell"
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2019-11-14 07:14:37  
Rooks said: »
I'll be locking this thread soon. Get your memes in while you can.

oh damn... well here goes nothing

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49