Medals - A Discussion REBORN!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Medals - A discussion REBORN!
Medals - A discussion REBORN!
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49
By Jetackuu 2019-11-14 01:28:26  
Rips said: »
spengler said: »
I bet this ***is going to spread to Nasomi.

Not that many people here care, but the playerbase there will - for sure.

Doesn't work there. Was fixed long ago. It's not the same code at all

Goes to show I dont know ***.

I paid someone $40 USD to write my thf and geo lua code in the past. That's how challenged I am at coding.
Well it's scripting, not coding.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-14 01:29:05  
Did you guys feel like you won the lottery when you found this? Did you feel powerful? Did you feel guilty?

Any remorse?
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-14 01:29:21  
Do you not realize - that even though we were bystanders - we were a part of FFXI history here?
FFXIAH history too. I mean seriously, incredible thread top to bottom.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-14 01:29:54  
Asura.Hrohj said: »
You're insane. You can't blame SE for some duplicitous players developing some packet-injection script to cheat their way to infinite Gil. The game is old, yes. The game is stagnant, yes. However, neither of those are acceptable reasons to cheat the way these people did and you trying to blame SE for it just makes you seem like you're sympathizing with a bunch of crack-pots.

As someone who found it in less than an hour of searching after being alerted it existed, and someone who understands the technology on both ends, you can absolutely blame SE for this.

Failing to check for duplicate indexes is forgivable, it's an easy mistake. However, they still had to remove the items from your inventory, as not all trades use the entire amount you have(you can have 80 of an item and trade 40). This means that while removing the items, they don't track how many you have at all, and allow you to remove more than you have. That's an absolutely unforgivable mistake, and while the person likely no longer works there, I'd fire them for it.
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-11-14 01:30:04  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
(besides Felgy and Nanaky, which were preexisting and presumably legitimate).
*mic drop*

Thank you for the honorable mention, Comeatmebro. :)

I knew something was up 12 AG Ochains show up on this site in between Sept-October.

I'm still kind of shocked, but c'est la vie.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-14 01:30:55  
Did you guys feel like you won the lottery when you found this? Did you feel powerful? Did you feel guilty?

Any remorse?

I got lot's of laughs when I figured this out. I was excited, and I had lots of swearing, and I couldn't believe how simple it was. And you know the first thing I did. I went and dupe every single GD chapter on every single character I could.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-14 01:31:42  

Any remorse?

It's fun to find something like this for a few days, then it generally becomes boring and takes the fun out of the game.

Can't speak for Eli though as he didn't even mean to find it so maybe that's a different experience
By Nekseus 2019-11-14 01:33:19  
You're insane. BLAH BLAH BLAH
stop whining about it. just be glad thorny figured it out and was smart about it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-11-14 01:33:59  
You're insane. You can't blame SE for some duplicitous players developing some packet-injection script to cheat their way to infinite Gil. The game is old, yes. The game is stagnant, yes. However, neither of those are acceptable reasons to cheat the way these people did and you trying to blame SE for it just makes you seem like you're sympathizing with a bunch of crack-pots.

With how many times trusting the client and not having checks on things has resulted in similar things, they should at the very least think of the most common ways people can exploit their code and take care of them before it becomes a problem. This really should have been noticed before the code ever went into production.

I don't blame anyone at SE in particular, but their practices certainly don't discourage this from happening.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-11-14 01:34:44  
Do you not realize - that even though we were bystanders - we were a part of FFXI history here?

Truly the rest of our lives will be shaped by these events.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-14 01:35:09  

Any remorse?

It's fun to find something like this for a few days, then it generally becomes boring and takes the fun out of the game.

Can't speak for Eli though as he didn't even mean to find it so maybe that's a different experience

That's how I would think. You break the game for yourself.

It's like in a video game when you beat it0, and then you can do new game plus with some infinite ammo OP weapon. Like what's the point?

Anyone who played the resident evil series knows what I'm talking about.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-14 01:35:44  
Phoenix.Erics said: »

Truly the rest of our lives will be shaped by these events.

LOL. I'm so honoured.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-14 01:35:59  
By Jetackuu 2019-11-14 01:36:07  
Also if anything my time on this site has proven: I don't give a flying *** what my posts "seem" like to others. I literally don't care.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-14 01:36:20  
To be fair, after all the times things like these happened in FFXI (in FFXIV too!) it makes you wonder why they didn't put these server-based checks from the beginning.

Is it a matter of them stressing the server? So a matter of performance? Is it inconvenient for them and they'd rather not do it unless strictly necessary?

Or is it a matter of them just being naive and forgetting about it?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-14 01:36:26  

Any remorse?

For us it was more the QoL factor it brought. I could finally do stupid ***in the game I have always wanted to do. You want to know what we did with this?

I geared all my friends crafting SU5/Necks +2 from Asura. Spent about 100 bucks in transfers move it all back for about 8 people same day. We all leveled and geard all the jobs we wanted to but couldnt because lack of players/economy on Lakshmi. I made Ranged Samurai gears, Ranger RDM gears with unlimited Augments, and we went out and duped the ***out of Escha NMs since we had unlimited pops, and try to see who could solo NMs the furthest. Got hammered and did weird job combinations nobody would ever do. You know why because it was finally fun again. We were doing this for months doing goofy stuff. Doing delves on jobs we never planned. Ill never forget my family; the Brazzers crew.

Silly meaningless ***.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-14 01:38:06  
Asura.Sechs said: »
To be fair, after all the times things like these happened in FFXI (in FFXIV too!) it makes you wonder why they didn't put these server-based checks from the beginning.

Is it a matter of them stressing the server? So a matter of performance? Is it inconvenient for them and they'd rather not do it unless strictly necessary?

PS2/3 limitations?
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-11-14 01:38:29  

Any remorse?

I know for me the game was already boring, I was already on the verge of quitting when Eli discovered this. Breathed some new life into it and made it more fun tbh.

Although realizing just how horrible the AF/Relic/Empy +3 process is when you have infinite chapters and cards and it still takes a few days to upgrade one set puts some things in perspective.

Quote:

Naivety or they don't do any kind of quality assurance testing on their code before it goes out. Their culture clearly didn't improve much with 14 given some of the even worse exploits that were around early in its lifespan.

Post deleted by User.
By Rips 2019-11-14 01:40:11  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

Any remorse?

I got lot's of laughs when I figured this out. I was excited, and I had lots of swearing, and I couldn't believe how simple it was. And you know the first thing I did. I went and dupe every single GD chapter on every single character I could.

... Rem tale chapters? Lolz
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-14 01:40:19  
Scrub: rare candies nerf stats.

inb4: Tanakameme

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-14 01:42:59  

Any remorse?

Yeah you see where my mind was, I already had everything before the exploit. I didnt need gil. I wanted to play, have fun with my people; my family. I can't deny I caused some issues, but gd did we have fun while it lasted. It's a shame that it got spread the way it did, and I had to leave Lakshmi all together.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-14 01:44:45  

I'm not sympathizing or judging.

I do find it all fascinating though.

Oh, boy. It's not really fascinating and you can answer all of the questions you asked yourself, really. How did it feel? How did it feel when you were playing Pokemon and duped infinite Rare Candies? Pretty cool at first? Of course it was. Infinite TM and Rare Candies? Sign me up. However, after your PC was full of Lv100 Pokemon that you fed Rare Candies to, it starts to get dull and the whole experience is completely cheapened. Why do anything legitimately anymore? You already have the best of the best.

FFXI has officially sank to Diablo 2-status now. It's not particularly fascinating nor is it even close to approaching glorious. Glory was clearing CoP back when it was released. Glory was completing a Relic weapon during the apex of the popularity of this game. Glory was hitting level 75 for the first time. This was none of that. Sorry if I sound jaded and hateful, but this whole this was just so absurd and ludicrous that I almost don't even want to play anymore. What's the point? You know a bunch of people are just going to zealously try to figure out a new method to dupe ***and this senseless waltz just begins anew.

WOW. Do NOT bring pokemon into this. That's some sacred ***.

And I know damn well you went and caught Missing No.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-14 01:45:13  
I didn't know the mechanic until much later but definitely knew the difference between manually 100ing and using candies.

Gitgud.

Edit: to be fair EV/IV whatever is one of the things that made me lose interest in that game...

Post deleted by User.
By spengler 2019-11-14 01:48:26  

Any remorse?

Yeah you see where my mind was, I already had everything before the exploit. I didnt need gil. I wanted to play, have fun with my people; my family. I can't deny I caused some issues, but gd did we have fun while it lasted. It's a shame that it got spread the way it did, and I had to leave Lakshmi all together.

The way you see yourself is pretty interesting. Just constantly spewing *** and assuming your friends are saints.

No need to really dive into it though I just hope reality wakes you up.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49