Would You Steal A ZNM?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Would you steal a ZNM?
Would you steal a ZNM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Pandemonium.Igoge
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: tawiiams
By Pandemonium.Igoge 2010-04-05 20:33:44  
I recently had the experience of having a tier II ZNM stolen from me and I was just wondering if this was commonplace. If you saw somebody die when a ZNM was at 10% would you invite them to get the trophey?
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Loltron
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-04-05 20:37:52  
Only the person who pops the ZNM gets the upgrade so...
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-04-05 20:40:29  
Fenrir.Gimmeurselables said:
Only the person who pops the ZNM gets the upgrade so...
No it drops into the treasure pool, just like any gear that drops. I wouldn't but i find that a good rep is a terrible thing to waste.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-05 20:41:07  
That's not really stealing. You lost it. They merely made sure it didn't go to waste. And anyone in the kill allaince can get the upgrade
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-05 20:44:44  
I kind of agree with Dasva. If you wipe to a ZNM, best case scenario is you keep sacrificing members to keep it from despawning, then you start all over when its HP goes back to 100%. "stealing" it not only prevents it from despawning, but also makes sure some benefit comes from it.
[+]
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
サーバ: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2010-04-05 20:47:39  
Why should a pop NM be treated any differently than any other mob in the game?

Yellow name = Who cares.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-04-05 20:52:34  

You're wearing a subligar, this topic is now invalid.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 20:53:54  
I'd let them have the trophy since I know how annoying working your way through the tiers solo can be. I'd probably let them keep any drops too since I've got most of what I need from T2s.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-05 20:53:57  
Ok first off, ZNM = trophies, VNM = Abyssite(upgrade). He said ZNM so it's a forced pop NM that drops a trophy.

Secondly, if you wipe to any mob, NM, HNM or regular, it's fair game to all. It's not a douche move to kill and keep the trophy. You don't see LSs handing over HNM drops when a party wipes to said HNM when it's low. ***happens. Zeni is easy to farm so just move on.
[+]
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Loltron
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-04-05 20:54:20  
Bleh fail... I thought I saw VNM for some reason
 Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dionysius
By Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius 2010-04-05 20:55:04  
well, don't know your particular situation...

I say

A)if someone sits there and sees you struggling and watches you die so they can grab your pop then yea they are kind of a ***.

B) if they just happen to be running by as you die and they grab...it's kinda like oh well.

Pandemonium.Igoge
By Pandemonium.Igoge 2010-04-05 20:55:57  
Asura.Daleterrence said:

You're wearing a subligar, this topic is now invalid.

Haha, thats from Brygid the Stylist. You don't like those sexy Elvaan legs?
 Pandemonium.Igoge
By Pandemonium.Igoge 2010-04-05 21:00:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius said:
well, don't know your particular situation...

I say

A)if someone sits there and sees you struggling and watches you die so they can grab your pop then yea they are kind of a ***.

B) if they just happen to be running by as you die and they grab...it's kinda like oh well.

Yeah they kinda /followed on a chocobo while shouting stuff for ten minutes prior to the incident. I'm not really that interested in my specific situation though. I just wondered how other's who play this game thought about it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-04-05 21:03:10  
I'll agree with HNM since there is so much comp for it, but taking the trophy from a ZNM is like seeing someone drop a 5 a block away and not trying to give it to them, while it's not stealing it's still a *** move
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-04-05 21:10:39  
I wouldn't expect anyone to cure me, help me in any way or give me a drop of a Mob that I couldn't defeat by my self/party/alliance.

I would, and have, toss out a cure or help someone if they're struggling with a zNM or other 'Lesser' NM's (Lizzie, Valk Emp etc.)

HNM/Sky NM/Sea NM they get no help. If they (or there party/alliance) are completly dead, I'll happily take whatever mob they were fighting. With the exception of Kirin if they're saccing it so it doesn't depop. I wouldn't be on the island for gods, so they're moot. If we have some time till our Kirin, I have even kited it a little while for them if we wanted to do a Kirin and were waiting for ages for them to slowly kite and die, I would be more inclined to let it depop.

No foul in watching you die then taking the mob. It would be a foul if they intentionally tried to lag/harass you. Which you could gall a GM on them for.
 Pandemonium.Heavensent
By Pandemonium.Heavensent 2010-04-05 21:21:18  
Just out of curiosity, what mob did you wipe to?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-05 21:23:53  
I'd claim it and DoT it or something and invite the person to my PT after they raise up so they can have trophy/item.
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-04-05 21:25:11  
Seems kinda low to me. If it was a world-spawn I think it's alright. But ZNM's are mobs that anyone can work towards popping; there's nothing holding anyone back from popping it themselves, so there's no competitive element inherent in the system (which is not true for worldspawns like Valkurm Emperor).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2010-04-05 21:31:14  
i find its a scrood up thing to do to take peoples mobs if they claimed it. if you die and its going to despawn i can see taking it that way but if name goes yellow and you take it thats just *** up if you steal mobs from name going yellow you are just greedy
[+]
 Pandemonium.Heavensent
By Pandemonium.Heavensent 2010-04-05 21:32:49  
I mean, if it's unclaimed, I think that's a bit low. But if you wipe? Fair game, no offense.

It wasn't something as ridiculously easy as Iriz Ima or something, was it? Because that would be pretty embarrassing lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-05 21:40:18  
I just have a simple philosophy, unless whoever that was fighting it to begin with warped out of the zone all together, I don't touch it. Simple reason is, chances are I'm going to come across that person at some point, and I'd rather not be on their bad side because you never know when you're going to need their help when you're about to die, or get raised, or whatever.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-04-05 21:51:34  
its a pop NM guys. dont be a douche.

just as above poster said.

and feck guys if i was a dev id make it when you wipe nm would dpop so you jerks wouldn't pull that bs

o.o
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-05 22:00:05  
If they wipe, they can't kill it. Don't let the Zeni go to waste.

If they lose hate because they're kiting/pulling, don't be a douche.

If they wipe or lose hate because you made it happen by beign a douche, please sterilize yourself.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-05 22:14:56  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I'd claim it and DoT it or something and invite the person to my PT after they raise up so they can have trophy/item.
This.
[+]
 Asura.Atua
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-04-05 22:21:10  
I've seen two ls's fighting over the vampire t3 before. The popping ls was zone nuking it and another ls came along and took it when it went unclaimed and straight tanked it. Not a cool move.
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I'd rather not be on their bad side because you never know when you're going to need their help when you're about to die, or get raised, or whatever.
I've had some people be an *** to me in ls's before. One day in sea, one of them wouldn't stop making fun of me. He died later so I decided to give him a r1 instead of r3 while we were fought Faith. He wouldn't accept the r1 cause he would "delevel" despite still being 75. I told him too bad and not to talk bad to me. I was the only whm there so... I told him take a raise from someone else or homepoint. Never mess with the only whm, lol
[+]
By Trebold 2010-04-05 22:23:48  
Asura.Atua said:
I've seen two ls's fighting over the vampire t3 before. The popping ls was zone nuking it and another ls came along and took it when it went unclaimed and straight tanked it. Not a cool move.
I'd rather not be on their bad side because you never know when you're going to need their help when you're about to die, or get raised, or whatever.
I've had some people be an *** to me in ls's before. One day in sea, one of them wouldn't stop making fun of me. He died later so I decided to give him a r1 instead of r3 while we were fought Faith. He wouldn't accept the r1 cause he would "delevel" despite still being 75. I told him too bad and not to talk bad to me. I was the only whm there so... I told him take a raise from someone else or homepoint. Never mess with the only whm, lol

Cool story bro.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-04-05 22:25:14  
Trebold said:
Asura.Atua said:

Cool story bro.

Am I the only one getting tired of that?

To actually contribute to the thread:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:

I'd do the same.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-05 22:26:23  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Trebold said:

Cool story bro.

Nope.
[+]
 Asura.Atua
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-04-05 22:30:29  
Trebold said:
Cool story bro.
Thanks, chica.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-05 22:32:48  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Trebold said:

Cool story bro.

Nope.
I'm getting tired of it. All it does is shows that the person is a moron.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6