フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Awesome player warning~ Defabe
Awesome player warning~ Defabe
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-08-15 06:29:13  
I was a fool and didn't double check what I was buying. Was trying to buy Aceso's Choker and bought Arctier's Torque for 6mil.

I looked up who I bought it from and luckily they were on and not afk. I asked in auto translate if I could have it back, fully expecting to not get it back, but tried anyway.

He said OK, but I wasn't sure if he really would. Went to trade and he gave most of it back, except for what Arctier's Torque is worth.

Thank you, Defabe! <3
[+]
 Phoenix.Viewpoint
user: SNK
By Phoenix.Viewpoint 2010-08-23 13:17:34  
You should probably consider yourself lucky you even got anything back at all sadly. The player wasn't bound to return anything for another player's mistake.
[+]
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-08-23 13:19:25  
Phoenix.Viewpoint said:
You should probably consider yourself lucky you even got anything back at all sadly. The player wasn't bound to return anything for another player's mistake.

Um i think you missed the title. She is actually saying this person is "Awesome" because they gave her almost all her money back.
[+]
 Phoenix.Viewpoint
user: SNK
By Phoenix.Viewpoint 2010-08-24 08:14:51  
Ope, Indeed I did. It's usually the reverse when I see a thread like this.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-24 08:18:14  
you're a lucky ***
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-24 08:30:28  
Phoenix.Viewpoint said:
Ope, Indeed I did. It's usually the reverse when I see a thread like this.

Every once in a while there'll be an "awesome player warning" posted around here. It's basically just someone posting about a random player who's willing to go out of their way to do the right thing, or just do something really nice. We don't have enough of those players around anymore. ;;
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 08:45:31  
Well it's nice to see there are still good people out there.

One thing I cannot stand is a jackass who takes advantage of a situation like this and hides behind the excuse that it was the other persons fault.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 08:48:04  
If that ever happens and I get a ton of gil for a cheap item, don't bother even contacting me, it's already gone.

I've had 1M for a 100k item before, and they begged for the money back, saying they needed it for new armour... pfft not my problem.

I wouldn't ask for money back if I accidentally did something wrong like that, it's my own fault.

After 5 angry tells from that guy I GM'd him for harassment.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 08:51:37  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
If that ever happens and I get a ton of gil for a cheap item, don't bother even contacting me, it's already gone. I've had 1M for a 100k item before, and they begged for the money back, saying they needed it for new armour... pfft not my problem. I wouldn't ask for money back if I accidentally did something wrong like that, it's my own fault. After 5 angry tells from that guy I GM'd him for harassment.

So if somebody dropped a wallet in front of you, you would take all the money then call the police on them for telling you to give it back.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 08:52:12  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
If that ever happens and I get a ton of gil for a cheap item, don't bother even contacting me, it's already gone. I've had 1M for a 100k item before, and they begged for the money back, saying they needed it for new armour... pfft not my problem. I wouldn't ask for money back if I accidentally did something wrong like that, it's my own fault. After 5 angry tells from that guy I GM'd him for harassment.

So if somebody dropped a wallet in front of you, you would take all the money then call the police on them for telling you to give it back.

Bad analogy is bad. That would be against the law so no, but if there was no law against that then yes, I would.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-24 08:54:36  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
If that ever happens and I get a ton of gil for a cheap item, don't bother even contacting me, it's already gone.

I've had 1M for a 100k item before, and they begged for the money back, saying they needed it for new armour... pfft not my problem.

I wouldn't ask for money back if I accidentally did something wrong like that, it's my own fault.

I lol'd.

Nice player though.. I'd amost certainly give people their ***back if they asked politely. If they were a ***, I'd be more than happy to keep it though.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 08:56:00  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bad analogy is bad. That would be against the law so no, but if there was no law against that then yes, I would.

Whether it's against the law or not is irrelevant, the fact is you would still do it if you could get away with it right? It's the principle. The fact that you think you have the right to deal out judgement on people for innocent mistakes makes me sick.

For all you know he could have spent days farming that gil, how would you like it if someone was to come along and destroy something you had been working for.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-24 08:58:00  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Why not just blacklist him?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 08:58:42  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Whether it's against the law or not is irrelevant, the fact is you would still do it if you could get away with it right? It's the principle. The fact that you think you have the right to deal out judgement on people for innocent mistakes makes me sick.

For all you know he could have spent days farming that gil, how would you like it if someone was to come along and destroy something you had been working for.

If it was my own fault, I'd accept it and move on. And I'm not dealing judgement on people at all, I just benefited from another players mistake, and I see no problem with that.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 08:59:04  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

He was /telling people in my shell too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-24 09:00:56  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Now that's just gayer than Liberocci right there.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 09:01:52  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Now that's just gayer than Liberocci right there.

Pretty much, I just couldn't be bothered will dealing with it so I GM'd him, and after 20 mins or so he quietened up.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 09:02:48  
Well I suppose the saying "No honor among thieves" lives up to it's meaning.

Personally, I wish people had a little more respect and honesty for each other when it comes to stuff like this, if you want to make gil, be a man about it and go and put the work in.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 09:03:02  
Shiva.Superdan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I lol'd.

Nice player though.. I'd amost certainly give people their ***back if they asked politely. If they were a ***, I'd be more than happy to keep it though.

Reminds me of this...

The red bit is why I didn't get back to him right away, I'll leave what that says up to your imagination :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 09:04:54  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Well I suppose the saying "No honor among thieves" lives up to it's meaning.

Personally, I wish people had a little more respect and honesty for each other when it comes to stuff like this, if you want to make gil, be a man about it and go and put the work in.

Oh I do, that 1mil was only pocket change.

And calling me a thief is an inaccurate description. I didn't steal from him, he willingly gave me the money and I chose not to give it back. I'm not a charity.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-24 09:10:52  
Drunkythebear... what a name ;P
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 09:15:37  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Well I suppose the saying "No honor among thieves" lives up to it's meaning. Personally, I wish people had a little more respect and honesty for each other when it comes to stuff like this, if you want to make gil, be a man about it and go and put the work in.
Oh I do, that 1mil was only pocket change. And calling me a thief is an inaccurate description. I didn't steal from him, he willingly gave me the money and I chose not to give it back. I'm not a charity.

This is exactly what I was talking about, you hide behind the 'he gave it to me' card instead of having a shred of substance about you and giving it back.

He did not "willingly" give you that money at all, if that was the case he would give it to you as a gift not a slip of the mouse button or w/e. Just because he hit the button does not make it ok, you are still thieving from said player, just indirectly. Your obviously a man of no morals that likes to prey on the unfortunate...
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-24 09:15:45  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Well it's nice to see there are still good people out there.

One thing I cannot stand is a jackass who takes advantage of a situation like this and hides behind the excuse that it was the other persons fault.

First, you comparing this to finding a wallet is one of the most asinine comparisons of all time. Losing your wallet is completely different from not paying attention to what you're throwing your money at. It's not like the seller was being dishonest in what they were selling.

On the other side of the ball he/she could also be an rmt or part of an hnmls. More then likely in order for that person to just throw money around not paying attention then they have a lot more to throw around. Someone who's spending the majority of their gil on something (I'd hope) would be paying much closer attention. That's irrelevant to what I wanted to say anyways just pointing it out.

Not claiming to be perfect, but I've never once made a mistake like that. If the people who were making these mistakes actually paid attention to what they were doing, they wouldn't wind up in these situations. So yes, they are completely at fault. A lot of them also might just keep making the same mistakes over and over if people keep bailing them out all the time(IE never learning the lesson).

Would I keep the money? Tbh idk. Most likely I would return it, but it would depend on some factors.

You can say some people are ridiculous to look at it that way but some of us were taught at a young age to not be so careless.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 09:20:06  
I try to empathize.

Would I want my gil back? Yes. And that's why I'd send it back if someone made a mistake.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 09:20:48  
How is it an asinine comparison? You put in time and effort to earn money, and you do the same for gil, the principles in question are exactly the same. Just because one is rl and one is not, it is still wrong to take somebody elses hard earned property.

For arguments sake lets not go into rmt hmn botting etc, because that's a very small number of players, but even if it was it's still their money. You don't solve a wrong with a wrong.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 09:25:01  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Well I suppose the saying "No honor among thieves" lives up to it's meaning. Personally, I wish people had a little more respect and honesty for each other when it comes to stuff like this, if you want to make gil, be a man about it and go and put the work in.
Oh I do, that 1mil was only pocket change. And calling me a thief is an inaccurate description. I didn't steal from him, he willingly gave me the money and I chose not to give it back. I'm not a charity.

This is exactly what I was talking about, you hide behind the 'he gave it to me' card instead of having a shred of substance about you and giving it back.

He did not "willingly" give you that money at all, if that was the case he would give it to you as a gift not a slip of the mouse button or w/e. Just because he hit the button does not make it ok, you are still thieving from said player, just indirectly. Your obviously a man of no morals that likes to prey on the unfortunate...

He did "Willingly" give it to me, he clicked the mouse. I didn't force him to do that. It was his own prerogative to buy my item for such a high price. It's not my place to pay for the mistakes of others.

In criminal law, theft is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent.

As soon as he bought the item for that price he gave his consent, therefore It's not classes as stealing. If there was a case they would make it an action that I could get GM'd for. Clearly all mistakes are on the players head, and it's my prerogative to do what I want with money that is given to me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 09:27:32  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
How is it an asinine comparison? You put in time and effort to earn money, and you do the same for gil, the principles in question are exactly the same. Just because one is rl and one is not, it is still wrong to take somebody elses hard earned property.

For arguments sake lets not go into rmt hmn botting etc, because that's a very small number of players, but even if it was it's still their money. You don't solve a wrong with a wrong.

That is the only accurate comparison between the two situations.

If I was selling an item in a car-boot and someone accidentally handed me a ten pound note folded inside the other notes, would I give it back to him? No I wouldn't and that wouldn't be defined as stealing.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-24 09:31:12  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

He did "Willingly" give it to me, he clicked the mouse. I didn't force him to do that. It was his own prerogative to buy my item for such a high price. It's not my place to pay for the mistakes of others.

In criminal law, theft is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent.

As soon as he bought the item for that price he gave his consent, therefore It's not classes as stealing. If there was a case they would make it an action that I could get GM'd for. Clearly all mistakes are on the players head, and it's my prerogative to do what I want with money that is given to me.

I've actually seen lag so bad a time or two that I've hit the wrong buttons and clicked the wrong things in my menu, and even once bought the wrong thing off ah. Luckily, it was something teeny-tiny so I didn't bug out over it, but does that still give them consent to do whatever with my gil if I were to kindly ask for it back?
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 09:32:38  
Your argument is sound, but you know as well as I do that you are an *** for doing it.

I don't understand how you can have such a clear conscience from upsetting people who in all likelyhood done nothing to deserve it, you can be a coward and hide behind your excuses or you can have some balls and return the gil to them, put a smile on the face of whoever made the mistake and just be a goddam nice person. At the end of the day your destroying the hard work of other people and that's one extra person who will be trying to screw you over any way they can in future.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7