サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-05 18:12:01  
06-05-2012 04:43 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I’d like to put the two different Nyzul challenges into perspective a bit.

The original Nyzul was a lot easier to clear, but the drop rates were not very high. On top of the drop rate, you would only get one piece of equipment as well, which could possibly be something different than what you were after.

The new Nyzul might be a bit more difficult to reach floor 100, but if you are able to successfully get there and defeat the boss, each party member has a 100% guaranteed item, and what’s even better is that you can select the item of your choice.

Based on the above, though it might be more challenging to reach the higher floors, when you get there you will definitely be rewarded.

On a separate note, it seems like some players are finding the lamp floors to be the most troublesome. I would be happy to submit any suggestions you have for improving this aspect of Nyzul, so please list them out and I will talk to the development team about them.
Subscribe
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-05 18:14:30  
Remove order lamps completely.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-05 18:15:59  
Remove order lamps, remove cooldown between lamp attempts.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-05 18:17:51  
That 20s delay between getting the correct lamp input and the rune of transfer firing up can be removed as well. That 20s has actually cost me a couple of runs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-05 18:19:06  
Auto floor up would also be nice.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-05 18:20:22  
We just fixed Neo Nyzul in 5 mins. gg no re SE
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-05 18:22:15  
That lamp delay is bad mojo. My SCH get yelled at for being sluggish on it. DDs yelling "GO UP!!" and sch yelling "IT'S NOT LIT YET!". Good times...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2012-06-05 18:22:39  
I'm with pro and raen, the cool down after you input the correct order takes so flipping long.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sevvy
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-06-05 18:24:16  
Them posting that now is a joke right?
[+]
 Odin.Cett
サーバ: Odin
user: Cett69
By Odin.Cett 2012-06-05 18:28:39  
Why complain about 100% drops. winning is easy. -.-
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-05 18:43:05  
Getting into a group or making a group is sheer hell on earth =( though I don't want the difficulty reduced. Just the annoyingness.

EDIT: If anyone is selling NN gear on Bahamut, lemme know!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-05 18:44:52  
if they want to make it easier to win by not cheating then more power to them.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-05 19:13:44  
There really is no challenge associated with ordered lamp floors. You either edit the names and succeed, make extraordinarily lucky guesses and succeed(lol), or make predictably unfortunate guesses and fail.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-06-30 07:10:24  
i would hate for them to remove ordered lamps. i like the idea of the challenge.

however cool down timer defiantly needs to be lowered.

this game is simply infested with unnecessary clicking and delay (just look at login and unskipable cs parts)

SE dev seems to have a rally hard time to get a good idea implanted in a simple an smooth way.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-06-30 07:14:17  
Can the gd countdown please start as soon as you choose your destination, not when you intially zone in, thank you...

edit: thats 30 seconds~ 1 minute gone to waste before you have even tackled floor 1, maybe make it a 5 minute wait (the standard time SE chooses for most things) before you are automatically zoned in, but that might make things too easy/too much time, just give us a minute or two to get temps/reget BB is all im asking for here. That 30 sec~1 minute has already cost my group at least a couple clears.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-06-30 07:46:25  
Only thing they should remove for NNI is the annoying avoid discovery from archaic gears. Beside that i don't see any problem.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-30 08:19:36  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Only thing they should remove for NNI is the annoying avoid discovery from archaic gears. Beside that i don't see any problem.

If every DD is WAR or /WAR you should have plenty of vokes to deal with them and you don't have to kill them on "kill all" floors.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-06-30 08:23:00  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

If every DD is WAR or /WAR you should have plenty of vokes to deal with them and you don't have to kill them on "kill all" floors.

Edited : I'm perfectly aware on how to get rid of the discovery from gears, and what to kill on "all floor". Every DD are not /war but thanks for your attempt to give me an unnecessary advice. Have a good day.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-06-30 08:24:57  

You trolling right?
How is he trolling?
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-30 08:26:46  
I guess most people don't know that you can pull them without being penalized.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-30 08:31:06  
i think she means they JA aggro, no?
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-06-30 08:31:57  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
I guess most people don't know that you can pull them without being penalized.

I actually didn't know this, wow actually learned something of value in the forums today.
 Odin.Celestria
By Odin.Celestria 2012-06-30 08:32:36  
Fix the lamps as stated above, and the event becomes winnable. It's still going to be an empty unused zone in a year unless some consumable prizes are added - I'd suggest linen pouch for platinum astraria, cotton pouch for lesser ones.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-30 08:32:56  

Edited : I'm perfectly aware on how to get rid of the discovery from gears, and what to kill on "all floor". Every DD are not /war but thanks for your attempt to give me an unnecessary advice. Have a good day.

That is good advice, every DD should be /war...for the Avoid gear floors, no reason to choose another sub.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-06-30 08:34:50  
Time not starting until you actually hit floor 1.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-30 08:34:52  
Odin.Celestria said: »
Fix the lamps as stated above, and the event becomes winnable. It's still going to be an empty unused zone in a year unless some consumable prizes are added - I'd suggest linen pouch for platinum astraria, cotton pouch for lesser ones.

I agree with this 100%. I also think they should add other rewards for the 20,40,60,80 KIs would give people capped on 100gear a reason to use the lower stoppers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-06-30 09:04:16  
Odin.Celestria said: »
I agree with this 100%. I also think they should add other rewards for the 20,40,60,80 KIs would give people capped on 100gear a reason to use the lower stoppers.
Pouch rewards would be grand!
 Phoenix.Eiryn
user: Eiryn
By Phoenix.Eiryn 2012-06-30 09:08:10  
Quote:
I would suggest to remove all the unnecessary delays. This includes time spent:

-Loading into starting room.
-Obtaining temp items in starting room.
-Porting up after each completed floor.
-Waiting for lamp delay, either for all lamps to light up or for cooldown after a wrong order/missed "same time" lamp.

Posted from the FFXI forums, but I couldn't state it any better than above.

The only thing I would add/elaborate on would be that point about porting up after each completed floor. In Neo-Nyzul, now that they made it so you cannot skip the targeted foor, there should be no reason why anyone would pick any option but the skip ??? floor. This should just be made into the default option once you complete the floor's objectives. Once the objectives are met, instead of leaving a valuable member at the lamp, or having someone have to run back to the lamp, they should just make the group automatically port up ??? floors.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8