I'm looking for sky drops
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-16 21:35:21  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Even if you can afford it, it's not worth spending the money on if there's something else you can buy that will benefit you more than what the hauby gives. If there isn't, go get the damn hauby.

Which would still be a matter of not being able to afford it, as your cash is going towards something else.
I think people are laughing at the guy because he has gil, but thinks hauby+1 is a waste.
 Remora.Thiefninja
サーバ: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2010-02-16 21:47:54  
i just like how the moron thinks just because it says "R/ex" it is a sin to buy it....like wtf? There is no rule or secret code that says that buying R/ex gear is a crime...or should be frowned upon. ppl who think that are just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 21:55:11  
Remora.Thiefninja said:
i just like how the moron thinks just because it says "R/ex" it is a sin to buy it....like wtf? There is no rule or secret code that says that buying R/ex gear is a crime...or should be frowned upon. ppl who think that are just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

It's not that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. It just says a lot about the game now. Instead of working towards rare/ex gear by camping HNMs, salvage, sky, sea etc. you can just farm gil and buy it instead. Back in the day that wasn't an option. If you wanted something, you had to actually be good at a job and earn it. One of the biggest complaints of this new mog bonanza thing coming up soon is the fact that some lucky people are going to win free relics/mythics. That isn't right at all. People spend years on that ***and it's a lot of hard work. Now some people are going to get them because they had the dumb luck to pick the right numbers.
 Fairy.Vincentius
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-16 22:09:55  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Now some people are going to get them because they had the dumb luck to pick the right numbers.

And if you get one, you won't be bitching like this. Yes, yes. I know. The chances are minuscule. However, so are most people's chances of finishing a relic otherwise.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 22:13:04  
Fairy.Vincentius said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Now some people are going to get them because they had the dumb luck to pick the right numbers.

And if you get one, you won't be bitching like this. Yes, yes. I know. The chances are minuscule. However, so are most people's chances of finishing a relic otherwise.

Actually I won't be participating as I'm not currently playing the game so... but you're right. I wouldn't be complaining and technically I was never complaining. Just showing the other side of the argument. If I had won a relic like that though, I wouldn't think of myself as being so great. I'd just think of myself as being so very fortunate.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-16 22:18:41  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Fairy.Vincentius said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

Actually I won't be participating as I'm not currently playing the game so... but you're right. I wouldn't be complaining and technically I was never complaining. Just showing the other side of the argument. If I had won a relic like that though, I wouldn't think of myself as being so great. I'd just think of myself as being so very fortunate.
 Seraph.Yuzuchan
サーバ: Seraph
user: Yuzuchan
By Seraph.Yuzuchan 2010-02-16 22:29:38  
You know, this whole thread could have been avoided had Rafik let Aza know that his sky shell just happened to run the days Aza said he had off in his OP. Irony.
 Seraph.Rafik
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-16 23:51:32  
Keep bashing me more, the guy doesnt even have destoryers, but wants black belt, and doesnt even know how to get to the zones. I dont know maybe he should try getting destoryers first. Must be too much work.

He has no endgame experience, I really dont know how he expected to get some skills.

He also, made an ignorant comment, a few days ago saying lol chi blast when he got Suzaku's Sune-ate.

The guy has mnk 75 and doesnt even know what you can do with chi blast, 1.2k personal best on JoL, with no brd and no /whm. Sure lol chi blast, sams where doing 400-900 gekko with sata.

Roll your eyes, like you never seen people with pimp gear and go wtf is that guy doing,

No, I dont want a haub+1 yet, plaining of leveling rng after I finish nin and skill up woodworking. As of right now yes, haub+1 is a waste for me now, saving for to get Crimson gloves uncrused the +1 and doing what I mentioned above.

I have a well geared sam and sick of the job, thanks to being on it for almost everything that I do, ever since I got it to 75 a year ago.

I dont do salvage thanks to some people if you read some of the posts earlier you would know why.

I didnt brag about my sam, but all you can do is call me gimp.

Tomoe/hagun/ushi
shura head/shura legs/byakkos hadiate
swift belt/bushi earring/brutal earring
hollow earring when polearm
rajas/iota ring/KO
justice torque/peacock, etc...
Myochin Kote +1/Saotome Kote/ Enkidu's Mittens

Sam gimp too huh?

You must have forgot a guy with maats cap was using byakkos hadiate and fuma sune ate to weapon skill asked for advice. When people replied he said ***is expensive.

This is what I said to him
cause Rutter Sabatons/ Hachiman Sune-ate/ Askar Gambieras

are expensive am i right

Another guy that atacked me on here, was using Denali Bonnet, asked for advice and tried to justify tping in Denali.

Get your facts straight people. I dont use askar on any of my jobs, dont even have it. Yup, I am the bragging ignorant type.

Keep talking ***Frobeus and the rest of you. That is all you can do.
[+]
 Seraph.Yuzuchan
By Seraph.Yuzuchan 2010-02-17 00:40:00  
Seraph.Rafik said:
He has no endgame experience, I really dont know how he expected to get some skills.

How is one supposed to get Sky experience and skills without joining a Sky LS? I mean... everyone starts off somewhere. /facepalm.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-17 00:54:36  
Seraph.Yuzuchan said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

How is one supposed to get Sky experience and skills without joining a Sky LS? I mean... everyone starts off somewhere. /facepalm.

He said he couldnt find one, then called me jealous of him having the 30mill and said that I bought this account.

If, that isn't being ignorant. I dont know what is.

I never said anything about him buying gill, and he just whaled on me. Others did. His attitude just pissed me off, that is all.
[+]
 Seraph.Yuzuchan
By Seraph.Yuzuchan 2010-02-17 01:02:47  
Seraph.Azagthoth said:

Also, if anybody is aware of a sky shell that suits my schedule it would be greatly appreciated if you let me know.
Seraph.Rafik said:

He said he couldnt find one

Uh huh...
 Seraph.Azagthoth
user: Azagthoth
By Seraph.Azagthoth 2010-02-17 01:10:39  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Keep bashing me more, the guy doesnt even have destoryers, but wants black belt, and doesnt even know how to get to the zones. I dont know maybe he should try getting destoryers first. Must be too much work.

I just haven't gotten around to doing Royal Ramble? I'm well aware of the potential of Destroyers and the fact that Faiths are even better, but if you want to talk about damage Black Belt and Kitty Pants will contribute more to my damage than Destroyers will. And, it's not like I'm not planning on getting Destroyers, but I can't do everything at once.

As far as the zones are concerned I haven't done Sky before; therefore, why would I be familiar with the zone?
Seraph.Rafik said:
He also, made an ignorant comment, a few days ago saying lol chi blast when he got Suzaku's Sune-ate.

How is Chi Blast not "lol" in the vast majority of situations aside from Penance (which is an awesome ability)? I'm well aware of its potential in damage and that's why I wanted the piece, but I'm not going to lie and pretend that I'm going to be using it very often for its damage capabilities; I'll use it to kite solo maybe a few ZNM and/or Genbu for fun.
Seraph.Rafik said:

If you took the time to read my original post you'd see that I wanted to join a Sky Linkshell if there was one that suited my schedule. But seeing that you aren't aware that basically any job in the game has the capability to farm and make money you felt the need to mention that instead. The topic would have been over after your original post had you of recommened your Sky LS.

I never said you bought you account; all I said is that we can assume that you bought your account just as people can assume that I bought gil, but that doesn't make it true. I know a at least a few people that are more than likely gil buyers, but I'm not going to call them out on it without solid proof and cause pointless drama like in this thread.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-17 01:12:24  
Seraph.Yuzuchan said:
Seraph.Azagthoth said:

Also, if anybody is aware of a sky shell that suits my schedule it would be greatly appreciated if you let me know.
Seraph.Rafik said:

He said he couldnt find one

Uh huh... /facepalm

He wasnt looking hard enough, there are plenty of sky ls that run around that time.

I need more /facepalm <3 it.

We haven't been recruiting for a long time, party because a lot of people stop coming to events, and we had lots of kirins to burn.

I dont blame them, we havent had crimson pants drop in over 7months, if you can believe that. I myself started doing sky again only for one item. It took me 5+months to get crimson gloves <.<

I still show up to help them, when we are low on people and especially for kirin zergs.

The shell changed leaders recently, and the new leader started recruiting.
 Seraph.Yuzuchan
By Seraph.Yuzuchan 2010-02-17 01:15:54  
Isn't posting on the Seraph forum mentioning that he was looking for a sky LS to join looking for a sky LS? @.@

And yeah, I edited out the other facepalm. One was enough to waste on you ;o
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-17 01:21:56  
I wasnt talking about sky zones, I hope you know how to get to Dragon's Aery. The rest are easier to get to.

Have you even done purple/brown belt quest yet?

I really dont see how you can farm over 9mill, unless it took you a very long time. SE killed a lot of farming, like Sprig Of Mistletoe.

Crafting/Bcnm/Ksnm/Enm/etc sure are easier than farming, the same stuff over and over again and less boring.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-17 01:24:13  
Seraph.Yuzuchan said:
Isn't posting on the Seraph forum mentioning that he was looking for a sky LS to join looking for a sky LS? @.@

And yeah, I edited out the other facepalm. One was enough to waste on you ;o

But I want more...

Can I have it, Please?

I take great offense when you say lol chi blast. I only had mnk 75 when I started sky and I chi blasted a lot ; ;
till I leveled something more useful for sky.

After chi blast, kirin comes after you, and you run like hell till you die or till someone else gets more hate lol.

Edit

If we doing sky, and we happen to come across Faust and you are on mnk, you better be chi blasting it.

I dont expect you to know this, but again with the lol this lol that, even with out ever using it.
 Seraph.Azagthoth
By Seraph.Azagthoth 2010-02-17 01:35:53  
When have I done anything with you aside from Sky? If you weren't talking about Sky, then what zones were you talking about?

It's possible for a level 30 job with a thf sub to farm beehive chips, honey, silk thread and the Mist Silk Cape NM for an easy (20k - 25k)/h without having to pay much attention to the game screen. I also utilized blood farming before it was nerfed. Specifically, Royal Leeches in SSG for around (35k-40k)/h; it could have been slightly less or slightly more.

I would like to do more endgame events; however, I can only do so many things at once, because I have other responsiblities and I'm not going to abandon my girlfriend for the game.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2010-02-17 01:37:51  
Seraph.Azagthoth said:
When have I done anything with you aside from Sky? If you weren't talking about Sky, then what zones were you talking about?

It's possible for a level 30 job with a thf sub to farm beehive chips, honey, silk thread and the Mist Silk Cape NM for an easy (20k - 25k)/h without having to pay much attention to the game screen. I also utilized blood farming before it was nerfed. Specifically, Royal Leeches in SSG for around (35k-40k)/h; it could have been slightly less or slightly more.

I would like to do more endgame events; however, I can only do so many things at once, because I have other responsiblities and I'm not going to abandon my girlfriend for the game.

Really sad that you want black belt and dont know what zone Dragon's Aery is...

That zone has a dragon called, Fafnir. Which drops wyvern beard, but is not a 100%drop. The High Quality one is called Nidhogg, has 100% drop rate for wyvern beard. Takes 3 or more days to pop.

Bleh posted from my other account, it automatically goes to it.

Seraph.Mhoram
user: Mhoram420
By Seraph.Mhoram 2010-02-17 01:39:34  
Seraph.Rafik said:
The guy has mnk 75 and doesnt even know what you can do with chi blast, 1.2k personal best on JoL, with no brd and no /whm. Sure lol chi blast, sams where doing 400-900 gekko with sata.

I'll say it, lol Chi Blast. (Obviously, and as already stated by the OP; with the exception of Pennance). My monk is about average, slightly above average even and I've not once attempted to pretend I'm a BLM when on my DD job ...

I say, if you wanna nuke on ***level BLM or gtfo.

That is all
 Seraph.Azagthoth
By Seraph.Azagthoth 2010-02-17 01:39:53  
Oh yes, I don't know where I can get Wyrm Beard for my Monk; you're clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. :)
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-17 01:43:55  
Seraph.Azagthoth said:
Oh yes, I don't know where I can get Wyrm Beard for my Monk; you're clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. :)

You should, start with completing your purple/brown belt quests. It is a pain in the *** to do, but you have to do it, if you want black belt. Cant get it, even when you get the items without finishing those quests.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-17 01:46:32  
Seraph.Mhoram said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

I'll say it, lol Chi Blast. (Obviously, and as already stated by the OP; with the exception of Pennance). My monk is about average, slightly above average even and I've not once attempted to pretend I'm a BLM when on my DD job ...

I say, if you wanna nuke on ***level BLM or gtfo.

That is all

Read above, I said I only had mnk... and I was messing with JoL to see how much I can do with chi blast, I even got some mnk+1 af for it lol. I get to come drg for JoL now, put full angon on it and let the sams, sata me and high jump/super jump after.... to shed hate etc.

shoot me/kill me I will not level blm, or any other mage jobs besides blu.
 Seraph.Yuzuchan
By Seraph.Yuzuchan 2010-02-17 01:48:12  
When did he ever state he didn't know where those zones were. My god... read what you're writing before you post more stupid ***.
Seraph.Rafik said:
Read above , I said I only had mnk...

Pffft that's rich.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-02-17 01:51:25  
Rafiki seriously, you need to shut your *** mouth.

OP just came back and ran your *** into the ground like EBG did that fool on the bus.

You just sound like him getting up and yelling "I'll get you next time while your face is all busted up".

Get the *** off these forums and quit trying to further destroy my already horrid view of humanity.

I cannot stress enough, how much of a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE waste of forum space you are.
 Seraph.Azagthoth
By Seraph.Azagthoth 2010-02-17 01:51:38  
Lol, you edited your post to try to save face on my Wyrm Beard comment.

The Purple Belt quest is hardly a pain in the ***; however, the Brown Belt quest is if you're not lucky with the drops(aside from the 100% which can be annoying in itself because how often it spawns), but the same can be said for the Black Belt quest if you're fighting NQ Behemoth, etc.

If I get the Black Belt items it'll give me 200% more motivation to complete the Brown Belt quest.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-17 01:52:00  
Seraph.Azagthoth said:

Read it here, I mentioned Dragon's Aery above, and he clearly didnt know what I was talking about.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-17 01:54:57  
Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:

OP just came back and ran your *** into the ground like EBG did that fool on the bus.

You just sound like him getting up and yelling "I'll get you next time while your face is all busted up".

Get the *** off these forums and quit trying to further destroy my already horrid view of humanity.

I cannot stress enough, how much of a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE waste of forum space you are.

STFU

why you keep posting?
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-02-17 01:56:00  
Seraph.Yuzuchan said:
When did he ever state he didn't know where those zones were. My god... read what you're writing before you post more stupid ***.
Seraph.Rafik said:
Read above , I said I only had mnk...

Pffft that's rich.

When I started doing sky yes, back in 2007
 Seraph.Yuzuchan
By Seraph.Yuzuchan 2010-02-17 01:56:26  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:

STFU

why you keep posting?

Pot, meet kettle.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-02-17 01:57:09  
OP is a cool guy, he sells sniper rings for 40 mil and doesn't afraid of anything.

And I'll be damned if I just sit around and let some retard *** nut screw up a cool guy's thread.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9